Aviator memory boxes in treasure chests — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Aviator memory boxes in treasure chests

Dev team could you please do something to stop people from putting Aviator Memory Boxes, black lion traders and such in treasure chests and such.
It makes everyone mad and takes away from the enjoyment of the game, especially the Aviator Memory Boxes. The only way to clear it is to log off and them back on

Comments

• Urud.4925Urud.4925 Member ✭✭✭✭

Oh, I didn't know. I made a mistake once, to use it right before tequatl. I couldn't see any telegraph... it was so hard to stay alive, when everything was grayed-out (and no chance to find the box again in any case). But the voice effect of my asura made up for it. Moooooooah, bop-bop-bop, gneeeeeeeeeee

• Biff.5312Biff.5312 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think they're fun. I'd way rather get one of those than another hairstyle kit.

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Urud.4925 said:
    Oh, I didn't know. I made a mistake once, to use it right before tequatl. I couldn't see any telegraph... it was so hard to stay alive, when everything was grayed-out (and no chance to find the box again in any case). But the voice effect of my asura made up for it. Moooooooah, bop-bop-bop, gneeeeeeeeeee

Another thing you can do to undo the effect is go into your options and turn Post Processing to "None." That removes the sepia, though you'll still have your arms sticking out, your mouth grinning, and your voice airplaning. Bonus: If you take the middle setting in Post Processing while under Aviator effects, you get a really neat antique colored photo look. Fantastic for screen shots.

Just remember to restore your setting to Full once you don't need to nullify the sepia any more.

• jediwolf.8724jediwolf.8724 Member ✭✭✭

I find click on the chest before you get too close. You will open the chest not the aviator box or npc when you get next to it.

• Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭✭

You can still click on the chest lol.

It's these kind of complaints what empower trolls.

Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

• i just pressed this by mistake in aurik basin after event it was on the 1st chest and it spoilt this game for me anet want to put new players off by letting trolls do this kind off thing then ill be off to freindly mmo

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

This thread made me start that. Great fun, thanks!

• Katastroff.1045Katastroff.1045 Member ✭✭✭

Its a classic in AB and it wouldn't be the same without it. :p

• Removing this effect is easy either use box second time or in case if the box is disappeared than go to WvW and come back to WvE.

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

Aviator endgame.

• TheNecrosanct.4028TheNecrosanct.4028 Member ✭✭✭

@Katastroff.1045 said:
    Its a classic in AB and it wouldn't be the same without it. :p

It's also the most useless there since the chests are so large.

Another tip to avoid these: get a grip on your triggerhappy spam fingers, guys 'n galls.

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Linken.6345 said:

@teafortwo.5046 said:
    i just pressed this by mistake in aurik basin after event it was on the 1st chest and it spoilt this game for me anet want to put new players off by letting trolls do this kind off thing then ill be off to freindly mmo

posts like this is exactly why they do it mate.

Yep, it only reinforces the immature players to do it more often.

• Taygus.4571Taygus.4571 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Donari.5237 said:

@Urud.4925 said:

Another thing you can do to undo the effect is go into your options and turn Post Processing to "None." That removes the sepia, though you'll still have your arms sticking out, your mouth grinning, and your voice airplaning. Bonus: If you take the middle setting in Post Processing while under Aviator effects, you get a really neat antique colored photo look. Fantastic for screen shots.

Just remember to restore your setting to Full once you don't need to nullify the sepia any more.

Ooooh that's why I never see the sepia. :(

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 7, 2019

Story about fun.
    I am live on not good street .. also I have neighbor/s who urinate on stairs. May be he have fun. But me and others not. This aviator box and some unkonw neighbor/s from my house have same fun parents.

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• Kind of late to the game, but this happened to me today. I thought it was funny AF until I realized it wasn't going to wear off. The memory box had disappeared by then, so I couldn't click it again. I kind of accidentally discovered that when I took a WP to another zone the memory effect stopped. No need to log out or anything. Hope that's helpful to someone.

• Ototo.3214Ototo.3214 Member ✭✭✭

It genuinely baffles me why people still complain about this.
    Just click on the box again and the effect goes away :/
    If it took you forever after clicking it the first time to even notice it, clearly it wasn't bothering you much.

• GW Noob.6038GW Noob.6038 Member ✭✭✭

The metal bars are worse...and the Bank access summons. Anet absolutely loves empowering trolls! No, really, they do.

• Friday.7864Friday.7864 Member ✭✭✭

Just double click the chest with your mouse when a cog appears next to it and you can move on.

• melody.2601melody.2601 Member ✭✭✭

Why do people overreact on such minor things?
    Click the Chest and press >F< or the Key you bound on Use.
    If you still somehow manage to Use the Aviator Box, just Use it again, or enjoy your T-Pose until you no longer and quickly Re-Log, not really an issue.

I love the Aviator Box, it such a genius Item.

@melody.2601 said:
    Why do people overreact on such minor things?
    Click the Chest and press >F< or the Key you bound on Use.
    If you still somehow manage to Use the Aviator Box, just Use it again, or enjoy your T-Pose until you no longer and quickly Re-Log, not really an issue.

I love the Aviator Box, it such a genius Item.

For those that like to plant them on top of things. that is.

• Astyrah.4015Astyrah.4015 Member ✭✭✭

@Sammy.3571 said:
    Dev team could you please do something to stop people from putting Aviator Memory Boxes, black lion traders and such in treasure chests and such.

while it doesnt bother me (since i've learned to click on the chest before pressing F):

one solution the devs could do, to solve your issue, is to make it so player-placed interactable objects cannot stack with environment/map interactable objects... though it's such a trivial matter/issue (if at all) that i doubt the devs would do anything about it. (well, maybe if the whole half of the entire active playerbase complains lol)

• Smoosh.2718Smoosh.2718 Member ✭✭✭

You mean to say you dont wanna pick up your loot and make airplane noises?!!

NEEEYOOOOOOW! BRRRRRRUUUUUEEET!

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Smoosh.2718 said:
    You mean to say you dont wanna pick up your loot and make airplane noises?!!

NEEEYOOOOOOW! BRRRRRRUUUUUEEET!

Haha! Nice. But, no, I don't. :)

• Yggranya.5201Yggranya.5201 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2020

@TrOtskY.5927 said:
    I cannot understand why people think this kitten is funny and I cannot comprehend how people are victim blaming in this thread
    Last night after reset I went auric basin and trolls were dropping merchants AND aviator boxes on every single kitten chest after the meta and people were getting pretty pissed off. There are certain setting combinations in the options that make it very difficult to interact with the correct item.

It doesn't bother me personally too much but I can understand the frustration of others and cannot believe the idiocy of people in this thread defending what is clearly intentional disruption and harassment of other players

MMO: You either learn to deal with other peoples BS or you stop playing MMOs. After years of playing MMOs, i'm finally reaching my limit of dealing with other people and their garbage.
    People are defending it propably because they do it themselves, they find it funny or most likely both, not like there can be any other reason for it.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@TrOtskY.5927 said:
    I cannot understand why people think this kitten is funny and I cannot comprehend how people are victim blaming in this thread
    Last night after reset I went auric basin and trolls were dropping merchants AND aviator boxes on every single kitten chest after the meta and people were getting pretty pissed off. There are certain setting combinations in the options that make it very difficult to interact with the correct item.

It doesn't bother me personally too much but I can understand the frustration of others and cannot believe the idiocy of people in this thread defending what is clearly intentional disruption and harassment of other players

MMO: You either learn to deal with other peoples BS or you stop playing MMOs. After years of playing MMOs, i'm finally reaching my limit of dealing with other people and their garbage.
    People are defending it propably because they do it themselves, they find it funny or most likely both, not like there can be any other reason for it.

You learn to live with it and if people stoped complaining in map chat the doers would get bored when no reaction and stop by themselfs.

• I thought I was a fun guy - until this got dropped on a cache loot run while I was trying to keep up. No chance finding it to click again. Pretty much ruined my DC session. Thanks.

• elrin.4750elrin.4750 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2020

This has been complained multiple times since the very beginning, I myself have a post about it with screenshots. This is not limited to Aviators or Bobbleheads, but ports are also used. I know I have been ported in a wall one time while trying to open a chest.

This is an easy fix for ArenaNet. Check if you are trying to pop an item or port near a chest and not allow it, and show a red message saying "You are not allowed to use item blah blah near a chest blah blah".

Why ArenaNet have not done such a thing is a mystery.

• Mewcifer.5198Mewcifer.5198 Member ✭✭✭✭

While often you can just manually click on a chest to select it to open, there are some player dropped items and loot chests where the chest is smaller than the item placed on it, making clicking on it not an option.

My annoyance isn't when people make my character make plane noises, that has never bothered me.
    It is when people make it tedious or sometimes impossible to collect loot.

A funny in-game prank shouldn't waste other people's time. Not everyone has a lot of that, making it a precious commodity to them.

My list of suggestions for GW2
    Max Masteries | 19k AP

• Astyrah.4015Astyrah.4015 Member ✭✭✭

@Mewcifer.5198 said:
    While often you can just manually click on a chest to select it to open, there are some player dropped items and loot chests where the chest is smaller than the item placed on it, making clicking on it not an option.

My annoyance isn't when people make my character make plane noises, that has never bothered me.

A funny in-game prank shouldn't waste other people's time. Not everyone has a lot of that, making it a precious commodity to them.

while im fine with people attempting to troll (since you can just click the chest before pressing F, as said multiple times), but if they do this, it's totally unacceptable:

if it's part of a meta/mechanics/important interactable, you shouldn't be able to place any object/items/portals on it

• Mewcifer.5198Mewcifer.5198 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

while im fine with people attempting to troll (since you can just click the chest before pressing F, as said multiple times), but if they do this, it's totally unacceptable:

if it's part of a meta/mechanics/important interactable, you shouldn't be able to place any object/items/portals on it

I think anet did patch that to give priority to the harpoons but yeah, that was a problem for a while.

My list of suggestions for GW2
    Max Masteries | 19k AP

• Atomos.7593Atomos.7593 Member ✭✭✭

I have myself only seen people place portals right under the mistborn loot coffers in the dragonfall meta event after killing the bonus bosses, but it is indeed very annoying. Once you realise what they are doing it's fairly easy to ignore, however for people that use it accidentally it is frustrating and also wastes valuable time needed to kill all the bonus bosses before the time limit ends.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@TrOtskY.5927 said:

You learn to live with it and if people stoped complaining in map chat the doers would get bored when no reaction and stop by themselfs.

Nah, they never get bored. But maybe if enough people speak up against it, hopefully Anet will just remove new drops and from being purchased, letting a bad idea just disappear. Of course anet could make it so nothing (vendors, fun boxes, etc.) couldn't be placed on nodes, chests etc.

• Atomos.7593Atomos.7593 Member ✭✭✭

Yesterday someone was spamming aviator memory boxes and the other things on chests after the dragonfall meta event despite no one complaining. Kind of weird that people get a kick out of making it harder for others to get loot. Wouldn't take much effort from Anet to prevent spawning these things on chests at least.

• Blueberry.8095Blueberry.8095 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2020

Those boxes are more annoyance than fun, they should only be allowed in town, not in the chest room. I personally don't mind them before, but ever since I encountered the bullies who always drop one in chest IN EVERY SINGLE META, I secretly hope that I have the psychic power to delete this troll encouragement from the game. Of course after fallen into victim a few times, I learnt how to disable it right after and to avoid it, but still it slows down the chest looting and fun value decreased. This item shouldn't exist to discourage players from enjoying the game, therefore the dev should do something about it to save their players' sanity. Also, please do something about the troll-portal hotspot too. I beg you.....