Are short people unimportant?

I wanted to pick a new race for toon. I forget the name there is a very short troll looking race. I worry that people will think I am not as important because I am not as tall as everyone else. I know it sounds silly. Honestly I'm afraid that I will not be considered equal because I am shorter. Is this normal or is this silly

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@zealex.9410 said:Silly, it is silly. Make whatever u want.

This^^

Asura(the trolls or rats as I call them) have a strong fanbase, you can choose between the ugly more troll like males and the more cutesy females. Usually you can win beauty contests in this game only as a human female with chaos gloves, ad infinitum, the scarve and glasses...but since there is no real beauty contest other than what you think is beautiful you're free to choose what you play.

(Imho, you still lose fashion wars when rolling an asura, but that's just, like, my opinion man/girl/helicopter)

I can't see how there could be any correlation between a characters height and the players importance. Especially in GW2 where race is purely cosmetic. The game is designed so that anyone can play any race they want and the vast majority of players know that and don't worry about it.

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:I wanted to pick a new race for toon. I forget the name there is a very short troll looking race. I worry that people will think I am not as important because I am not as tall as everyone else. I know it sounds silly. Honestly I'm afraid that I will not be considered equal because I am shorter. Is this normal or is this silly

Invader Skoodge, is that you?

@Danikat.8537 said:I can't see how there could be any correlation between a characters height and the players importance. Especially in GW2 where race is purely cosmetic. The game is designed so that anyone can play any race they want and the vast majority of players know that and don't worry about it.

Go into WvW, play with a Norn for a while then go as an Asuran while running with the Zerg. See how much longer you survive as an Asuran...

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:I wanted to pick a new race for toon. I forget the name there is a very short troll looking race. I worry that people will think I am not as important because I am not as tall as everyone else. I know it sounds silly. Honestly I'm afraid that I will not be considered equal because I am shorter. Is this normal or is this silly

Have you seen the amount of rats, ehm, Asura in the game? That alone should encourage you to make one of those trolls. You'll be just as important as everyone else, because no matter the height (or lack thereof) they all perform the same tricks. It's not silly, it's illogical to think people will dismiss you over that.

This topic is reminding me of short people by randy newman (yes from toy story)They got little hands; And little eyes; And they walk around; Tellin' great big lies; They got little noses; And tiny little teeth; They wear platform shoes; On their nasty little feetYep sound like an asuran to me.

@Ashantara.8731 said:I am sorry, but I can't take this thread seriously. The OP is obviously pulling your leg and you are all falling for it. ;)

@Icemanfrost.5428: You want to create a new character but cannot recall the race's name? I am pretty certain the character creation screen displays all the info you need. :)

Only half a leg... cuz I got no shins. Lost them to a land mine in Dubbya Dubbya Two.

@lokh.2695 said:

This^^

Asura(the trolls or rats as I call them) have a strong fanbase, you can choose between the ugly more troll like males and the more cutesy females. Usually you can win beauty contests in this game only as a human female with chaos gloves, ad infinitum, the scarve and glasses...but since there is no real beauty contest other than what you think is beautiful you're free to choose what you play.

(Imho, you still lose fashion wars when rolling an asura, but that's just, like, my opinion man/girl/helicopter)

Slightly off topic but what is it about that Scarf, Ad Infinitum, Black-rimmed glasses, and Chaos Gloves combo, usually in a high contrast black+white colour scheme? It's now highly unoriginal and doesn't even look that great to begin with.

@Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

This^^

Slightly off topic but what is it about that Scarf, Ad Infinitum, Black-rimmed glasses, and Chaos Gloves combo, usually in a high contrast black+white colour scheme? It's now highly unoriginal and doesn't even look that great to begin with.

The look has become a meme in the sense that so many ppl went for it, that ppl now go for it to make fun of the fact many ppl went for it, if that makes any sense. It's a joke to most, and actually very unoriginal if anyone would go for that look in a serious attempt to look unique.

To be perfectly blunt, I don't think I can take you seriously regardless of your character's height (he says, a Charr in a cardboard-looking silver dragon costume). Thankfully, neither of us has to! You do your thing and I will do mine; if they overlap, that's great!

Besides...

Cepha:An exhaustive study of Tyrian physiognomy led me to derive what I call 'Cepha's Constant'. Multiplied by the mean ratio of body mass to brain size, it yields an important racial metric. Namely, said race's importance as a factor in the Eternal Alchemy. Asura scored highest, naturally. Then, in descending order, we have sylvari, charr, human, and norn.

Archived