Do you want chairs?

Lonecap.4105

For reasons entirely unapparent to me, ArenaNet has decided that the players want chairs. Personally, I couldn't care less about chairs, and I'm baffled every time I see them adding more. I wanted to make this poll, to see how many people actually like and buy chairs.

For simplicity, there are only two options. I also made it an anonymous poll. Feel free to also post your reasons for and against chairs, thank you. And in case it wasn't clear, I don't like chairs and I would prefer if they stopped producing chairs for the gemstore in favor of other items.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like chairs and would appreciate having more skills for them on the bar than just turning or dismounting. Having multiple sitting emotes as skills would be helpful, as opposed to the race-specific ones that are currently coded in. For example, Sylvari seem to be stuck in a lot of awkward yoga poses on most of the non-throne stools and it just doesn't look comfortable whereas other races look relaxed as you'd expect while sitting.

Having a choice of posture would be welcome, though I do understand the extra work that would be required and would expect the price would be adjusted accordingly. The good news is that the company has multiple teams for different types of content, so I don't think the chair team's work would hinder the living story and PvX groups.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:I like chairs and would appreciate having more skills for them on the bar than just turning or dismounting. Having multiple sitting emotes as skills would be helpful, as opposed to the race-specific ones that are currently coded in. For example, Sylvari seem to be stuck in a lot of awkward yoga poses on most of the non-throne stools and it just doesn't look comfortable whereas other races look relaxed as you'd expect while sitting.

Having a choice of posture would be welcome, though I do understand the extra work that would be required and would expect the price would be adjusted accordingly. The good news is that the company has multiple teams for different types of content, so I don't think the chair team's work would hinder the living story and PvX groups.

There are some emotes you can do while sitting like /laugh, /wave, /thank, /cheer, /crossarms and /shrug. But they don't work on novelty chairs for whatever reason.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:They added chairs as a way to monetize adding the ability for players to be able to sit in the game which was a highly requested feature since the game launched.

"highly requested"? I can't seem to remember a single request for sitting. Mounts, dueling, housing, fishing yes but can't say I remember a single request for sitting?

@ShiningSquirrel.3751 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:They added chairs as a way to monetize adding the ability for players to be able to sit in the game which was a highly requested feature since the game launched.

"highly requested"? I can't seem to remember a single request for sitting. Mounts, dueling, housing, fishing yes but can't say I remember a single request for sitting?

Here’s one below. If you run a google search against that website, you’ll likely pull all of the others.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-Mastery-Sitting-in-a-Chair

Edit: Type the following in the google search.

gw2 sitting site:forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/

Other results may show up if you use chair instead of sitting or even other variations.

@Jeknar.6184 said:There are some emotes you can do while sitting like /laugh, /wave, /thank, /cheer, /crossarms and /shrug. But they don't work on novelty chairs for whatever reason.

Well, I said emotes, but I meant animations. Sitting animations like the idle foot-tap and leaning-on-hand that you get when sitting in a throne or the folded legs on the haystack, etc. Not actions that you perform while seated, but the very posture of the characters themselves.

You didn't include option #3: I don't care either way.

Look, they have to support the game somehow. Are chairs any better or worse than kites, tonics, or any other novelty? If people buying chairs allows ANET to continue developing GW2 and offer Living Story content for free, why would I say no?

Is there another type of novelty / gem store purchase you would rather they develop instead of chairs? I'm sure ANET would appreciate the feedback.

@Mea.5491 said:I only want chairs if I can use them as decorations in a player housing system. Sitting on a chair at random places looks weird to me, I prefer sitting on my Jackal.

This.... I mean having interactable chairs with some form of animation with it is fine for things like players housing, guild halls or even just inside inns, etc within the game, but aside from being able to monetise what was essentially an RP'ers thing I find it kind of silly having chairs and thrones littered around major hubs, or worse in the middle of an openworld environments in the middle of a battlefield... I guess money talks and think tanks walk.But hey ho each to their own I guess.

Archived