Do you want chairs?

Lonecap.4105

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the poll should have been a bit different with "use chairs" instead of "want chairs". As is the poll, I had to select "I don't want" but it does not reflect my opinion: It's only that I don't use them. However, I find them fun and some are very nice. Many of my friends like and use them. I think it is good we have them ingame. :)

Your poll really needs a 3rd option which is I dont care.Most cosmetic items will appeal to some , and not too others, but players generally dont care if other players buy stuff that simply changes their appearance in some way, like all cosmetic stuff does.I also dont think that its valid to make the assumption that Anet introduced chairs because some players wanted them.Anet introduces lots of stuff on the gemstore without players previously demanding that it be introduced.

Guys, this poll is NOT missing an "I don't care" option. If you don't care, neither do I. Form an opinion or forget about it. If you don't care, then to me, that means you don't want chairs.

Without chairs you see, they would go back to the drawing board and think of some other gemstore item to release instead.

If chairs sell then Arenanet will keep making more regardless of what people vote. If they stop selling Arenanet will stop developing them.Remember mail carriers? They used to make a lot of those but they stopped when they probably stopped being profitable, or rather more profitable things like mount skins were developed. Don't want chairs? Don't buy them and if enough don't, they will disappear.

@"mauried.5608" said:I find the OPs comment that if people have no opinion about chairs, then it means that you dont want them, strange.

If you see chairs in the gemstore, and don't think "oh nice, I wanna get that", then that means you don't want it. Simple. Whether you go "ugh- no" or just "meh- whatever" doesn't matter.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@"mauried.5608" said:I find the OPs comment that if people have no opinion about chairs, then it means that you dont want them, strange.

If you see chairs in the gemstore, and don't think "oh nice, I wanna get that", then that means you don't want it. Simple. Whether you go "ugh- no" or just "meh- whatever" doesn't matter.

That..is not at all true, i like chairs(not all of them for sure), i just think they are overpriced in the gemstore therefore i dont look into them anymore.

@Dante.1763 said:

That..is not at all true, i like chairs(not all of them for sure), i just think they are overpriced in the gemstore therefore i dont look into them anymore.

I assumed the op meant that a person should have a genuine want or intent for chairs in a general sense, even if pricing or personal finances meant they werent purchased. Which, whilst im in disagreement with them over chairs being any sort of issue at all, seems a fair pov

@Randulf.7614 said:

I assumed the op meant that a person should have a genuine want or intent for chairs in a general sense, even if pricing or personal finances meant they werent purchased. Which, whilst im in disagreement with them over chairs being any sort of issue at all, seems a fair pov

It seems fair, but its not really. Theres probably alot more players that just dont care and arent on one side or the other, and this poll doesnt allow the option to express that.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:its things like this that sometimes kitten me off. ill be sittin there thinking "why don't you fix some problems instead". normally in the area of useless traits/skills and not enough builds.anyway I understand the reason why and im not against it but its really annoying sometimes.

These would be completely different teams. You arent gonna have a guy who makes 3d models, or textures, or animations fixing game code or balance, it would be nice if theyd fix some of the major clipping issues that exist and have been reported for freaking years though, so i kinda agree with you there.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:its things like this that sometimes kitten me off. ill be sittin there thinking "why don't you fix some problems instead". normally in the area of useless traits/skills and not enough builds.anyway I understand the reason why and im not against it but its really annoying sometimes.

These would be completely different teams. You arent gonna have a guy who makes 3d models, or textures, or animations fixing game code or balance, it would be nice if theyd fix some of the major clipping issues that exist and have been reported for freaking years though, so i kinda agree with you there.

that's true lol. doesn't change the fact tho.

I like chairs, I'd like to see more of them, but I'd also like to see them tied to other things than raids/gems. Cultural chairs could be a thing, or much more simple chairs, like the armchair the display NPC was sitting on in the vault during the time the Emblazoned throne was broken (Dont think I didn't notice :p) Some could be tied to crafting. It would make some more casual players happy, and that way, truly unique chairs would still be available to paying/hardcore players.

If it doesn't hurt other players, I'm all for.

I am Okay with all this "Little-RPG-helpers" and so-on, I think this little details about character-play is great, there was a lot of really COOL dances from pop-culture in Guild Wars 1, we definately need to dance more intruments (still waiting for some REALLY BASS GUITAR in Thrash-Heavy Metal style!)

Archived