Prevent people from blocking you if they sent you a message or a mail

ROMANG.1903

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Keep in mind: if players engage in like behaviour, then both parties lose the opportunity for account action.As above, there's a reason the game provides tools like the Block function and the Report function. The rest is just bestowed with maturity.

If only we had any indiction to wether or not our reports did something...

@ROMANG.1903 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Keep in mind: if players engage in like behaviour, then both parties lose the opportunity for account action.As above, there's a reason the game provides tools like the Block function and the Report function. The rest is just bestowed with maturity.

My theory is that it’s just an interface without any function to it.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I wonder why players come on the forums, or Reddit, to lament being suspended for inappropriate chat. Are there enough Devs to monitor every player's chat 24/7? Or is it a result of reports?

TBH Inc.. I cant recall ever reading such a post on here relating to account suspension due to chat violations or several other of the report headers like LFG abuse etc. Not saying that hasn't happened, I just cant ever recall reading one. In fact the only postings on here relating to account actions that I can recall are based around the annual ANET ban wave or forum moderation issues. Aside from that I too am not overly convinced the report tool holds much worth when considering some topics, but I guess ANET are really the only ones that can make that difference count and hopefully they do more than we know.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:I wonder why players come on the forums, or Reddit, to lament being suspended for inappropriate chat. Are there enough Devs to monitor every player's chat 24/7? Or is it a result of reports?

TBH Inc.. I cant recall ever reading such a post on here relating to account suspension due to chat violations or several other of the report headers like LFG abuse etc. Not saying that hasn't happened, I just cant ever recall reading one. In fact the only postings on here relating to account actions that I can recall are based around the annual ANET ban wave or forum moderation issues. Aside from that I too am not overly convinced the report tool holds much worth when considering some topics, but I guess ANET are really the only ones that can make that difference count and hopefully they do more than we know.

A post on this forum about getting banned will probably be quickly removed. However Reddit occasionally has “I was banned for offensive chat” threads, such as this one and this one

Edit: just because these posts are rare doesn’t mean the bans are rare. Most people will realize that a thread saying, ‘I was banned for offensive chat and that’s so unfair’ won’t give them much sympathy and don’t post about their ban.

@ROMANG.1903 said:

Why does that matter in the least? If you block the person, what do you care if ANet shares your opinion of their behavior?

Wait so you're wanting people to not be able to block you if that person sent you mail or a message? As in YOU have THEM blocked and they send you mail or a message that still goes through? Or are you talking about someone sent you a private message where they basically told you off or told you something you didn't like so you want to reply to them but after they sent you the message or mail they blocked you so YOU couldn't contact THEM?

@gaymer.1648 said:Wait so you're wanting people to not be able to block you if that person sent you mail or a message? As in YOU have THEM blocked and they send you mail or a message that still goes through? Or are you talking about someone sent you a private message where they basically told you off or told you something you didn't like so you want to reply to them but after they sent you the message or mail they blocked you so YOU couldn't contact THEM?

In this case from what i understand its:

the person sent the OP a message and then blocked them after sending said message.

@ROMANG.1903 said:Make it that if someone sends you something they can't block you. I am getting tired of salty kids insulting you and then blocking you so you can't tell them how mutch they are wrong.

I was at the opposite end of that constellation the other night, and I felt happy that I could block the person after sending them my final response. I don't appreciate someone bossing me around about something trifle in map chat, then calling me names privately. I responded, then blocked. No need to converse on on such a level.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@ROMANG.1903 said:Make it that if someone sends you something they can't block you. I am getting tired of salty kids insulting you and then blocking you so you can't tell them how mutch they are wrong.

I was at the opposite end of that constellation the other night, and I felt happy that I could block the person after sending them my final response. I don't appreciate someone bossing me around about something trifle in map chat, then calling me names privately. I responded, then blocked. No need to converse on on such a level.

Not that I approve generally of block & respond (or vice versa), but your situation is one of those borderline areas. Should one let another person spew at you without a response? It doesn't seem fair, does it?

But going back to the previous comment:

Report, block, move on.

Usually what I do is write the response, without sending it. That has 93.2% of the cathartic effects, 36.4% of the blood pressure increase, 0% of the risk of getting reported, & 100% more indignation with righteous justification.

@ROMANG.1903 said:

I've seen action taken within minutes of a report. Reporting DOES have an effect.

Unfortunately, they can't really tell us about their actions directly. Sometimes they have to keep the action taken to themselves, for overall game security reasons. But, I have no doubt whatsoever that they do take actions.

And, I'm pretty sure Gaile has said that they look at every single one of them. Kind of a pain, I suspect, but necessary.

@Erzian.5218 said:

ArenaNet has stated numerous times that any actions taken because of a report is a confidential matter and neither the community nor the person making the report will know what has been done...which if you think about it makes complete sense.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

ArenaNet has stated numerous times that any actions taken because of a report is a confidential matter and neither the community nor the person making the report will know what has been done...which if you think about it makes complete sense.

Honestly that's how it should be. If I was being some jerkoff and did something that got my banned or something I wouldn't want it to be told to the community because honestly we all have bad days & some times do stupid crap that gets us in trouble. Its just like when we were kids and got grounded. Hopefully you learn from your mistake and don't repeat it. If you continue to do the stupid crap you'll get yourself a permanent ban.

Archived