sigil of cleansing and more.

wolverine.5164

i know there some changes coming up this tuesday but i didn't see the following that must be addressed....sigil of cleansing is broken in wvw and pve: FACT.revs sword 5 IS still broken and it looks like it won't be changed: FACT.there are a few other things that are and will still be broken but... lets just focus on this 2, i doubt anybody would disagree on this.

@wolverine.5164 said:

@X T D.6458 said:Broken is a vague term...is it broken in that it is unbalanced, or bugged and being exploited?

ITS VERY STRONG.... removes 3 condis on weapon swap, do u want some milk also?

Ok so its a balance issue for you then. I can see it being a problem for some roaming builds, 3 does sound a bit high, but you have to swap weapons which is not always ideal, and it does also have a 9 second icd so Warriors Fast Hand Trait doesn't affect the cd. A reasonable change would be to bring it down to 2 conditions.

@X T D.6458 said:

@X T D.6458 said:Broken is a vague term...is it broken in that it is unbalanced, or bugged and being exploited?

Ok so its a balance issue for you then. I can see it being a problem for some roaming builds, 3 does sound a bit high, but you have to swap weapons which is not always ideal, and it does also have a 9 second icd so Warriors Fast Hand Trait doesn't affect the cd. A reasonable change would be to bring it down to 2 conditions.

it should be 1.

• Confused 1

@wolverine.5164 said:

it should be 1.

It is one in the PvP version. 3 is fine for PvE, 2 seems more appropriate for WvW. I don't see why it should be dropped back down to 1, seems like a waste of a sigil and likely why they buffed it.

You are probably right about Rev sword 5. The fact it slows and chills I don't think was the problem, it's the amount of damage it does. However, I keep saying this, rev's are bound by energy, because of this, by default they will do a lot of damage with their attacks. You'll run into much worse problems if you lower their damage, removing the energy requirement and allowing them to spam the teleport (and shiro teleport), every few seconds.

Not sure how removing 3 conditions every 10 seconds is OP by any stretch. Considering this is posted in the "WvW" forum and the amount of conditions that can be dumped on you in 10 seconds, and the amount that can be dumped on you immediately after you cleanse 3 is a moot point. That is unless you guys are making the big big BIG mistake on looking at this from a roaming perspective. WvW will never under any circumstance, whatsoever, ever be balanced around roaming. Large group fights, the cleansing sigil is all but useless.

@wolverine.5164 said:sigil of cleansing is broken in wvw and pve: FACT.@wolverine.5164 said:no body cares about pve... i just threw it out there.... focus on the other things.@wolverine.5164 said:ITS VERY STRONG.... removes 3 condis on weapon swap,@wolverine.5164 said:it should be 1.

If the goal is to rant about the sigil of cleansing, great; mission: accomplished. If the goal is to convince ANet to take a look... well, I encourage the OP to take a look at their posts and actually explain why removing three conditions is a problem in WvW.

Apparently "broken in wvw & pve" is not a fact; even the OP only half believes it. And roughly, the argument is that because three is greater than one, it's overpowered.

@wolverine.5164 said:do u want some milk also?In this game, milk is account bound on acquire. However, if the OP wants to send over some Chocolate Omnomberry Cream, I wouldn't say no.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Removing cleansing is essentially buffing Scourges and trailblazer roaming builds.

Do you honestly feel like scourge and trailblazers need of a buff?@wolverine.5164 said:

Spamming condis with your eyes closed and one hand up your nose is also very strong.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Removing cleansing is essentially buffing Scourges and trailblazer roaming builds.

Do you honestly feel like scourge and trailblazers need of a buff?

What this guy said.

Sigil of cleansing is fine. Condi builds despite nerfs over the years are still some of the strongest and most horrible builds to fight on the field.Please do not nerf sigil of cleansing, let us not begin giving out buffs to condi builds that should probably be nerfed a tad more (scourges) and certainly not buffed.

@wolverine.5164 said:i know there some changes coming up this tuesday but i didn't see the following that must be addressed....sigil of cleansing is broken in wvw and pve: FACT.revs sword 5 IS still broken and it looks like it won't be changed: FACT.there are a few other things that are and will still be broken but... lets just focus on this 2, i doubt anybody would disagree on this.

Sure they are broken. Let's nerf them all and might as well add them to the upcoming patch. There aren't enough nerfs already.

Roma Victor Scourges!! Russell Crowe <3 :)

@wolverine.5164 said:sigil of cleansing is broken in wvw and pve: FACT.Its fine, because one usually has to combine it with additional cleanses to not just remove some cover condis but the important ones. And usually one uses it to prepare evades / blocks / kiting, to get at least a small condi-free breather. So, lots of additional requirements (incl. weapon swap) to make it work properly.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:Removing 3 conditions in 10 seconds is broken?I'll tell you whats broken. Applying 20+ conditions in 10 seconds is whats broken

A warrior cries about condies. Something their class completely shuts down with resistance spam. Oh, the times.

Well, as much as I would like to disagree with Hitman, he's right about this. Amount of flying conditions in current state of game is far too much. Even more that current condies are mostly burst and you can easily stack over 10 of burn/bleed/poison/confusion etc within few seconds and on top of that tanky trailblazer or dire + defensive boons. It's too much, so sigil of cleansing removing 3 condis is barely keeping up with that...

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:Removing 3 conditions in 10 seconds is broken?I'll tell you whats broken. Applying 20+ conditions in 10 seconds is whats broken

A warrior cries about condies. Something their class completely shuts down with resistance spam. Oh, the times.

Well, as much as I would like to disagree with Hitman, he's right about this. Amount of flying conditions in current state of game is far too much. Even more that current condies are mostly burst and you can easily stack over 10 of burn/bleed/poison/confusion etc within few seconds and on top of that tanky trailblazer or dire + defensive boons. It's too much, so sigil of cleansing removing 3 condis is barely keeping up with that...

Dont forget that there is food that applies 3 conditions on crit....

This thread is a trainwrack. If you complain about condi in 2019, you are doing something wrong. There are like three people left, that play condi and they get just /danced by most roaming specs. You can easily make builds on all classes that just outcleanse all but two condispecs and that's a weird concept of balance. Imagine there were just two playable powerspecs and the rest would just get outhealed.

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Use antitoxin runes, condi dur reduction food. But I forgot, warriors are meant to use only strength runes or something similar, along with pure dps stats, right?

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Use antitoxin runes, condi dur reduction food. But I forgot, warriors are meant to use only strength runes or something similar, along with pure dps stats, right?

Anti toxin runes barely add an extra condi clear and condi reduction food is mostly pointless these days given that condi builds run with 70%-100% condi duration with trailblazer and similar gear, in wvw condi builds can applies up to 10 condis in the blink of an eye and from safe distance ....the sigil of cleansing was a valid addition