Predictions for LW preview on Aug 30 - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Predictions for LW preview on Aug 30

124>

Comments

  • Calvsie.3675Calvsie.3675 Member ✭✭✭

    Expected: Hype video that reveals a few shots and information of upcoming releases
    Would like: Templates
    Sarcastically: They will announce a new version of GW2 that rolls it back to the way it was at release called GW2 Classic, but is actually just a repackaged GW1

    “You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.”
    ― Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys

  • Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vavume.8065 said:
    This is not really a prediction but more of a WANT, what I would like them to announce is :

    1) Player Housing
    2) New Race
    3) Alliance System Ready

    I can probably predict that I will be disappointed.

    The first two are expansion sellers. The third.. who knows, but it may be saved for an expansion as well

    HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

  • Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I expect something about norn (I don’t think jormag will wake up until the end of the season but I’d like it if that was the end and xpac 3 was his fight). I think a few episodes will move that forward as well as other norn story besides Dragon. And there will be a few outliers like addressing malyck, a Charr episode that sets up season 6/xpac 4 (which I’m predicting is the blood legion attempting to become the supreme empire over other charr, races, and humans especially). Possibly new specs. Possibly none until the next expansion but we may get two to make up for the long wait. Or maybe, no spec, but each class gets just a new weapon to their core class.

    HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I predict that season 5 will be much the same as season 4 on a similar release schedule but won't require an expansion to play. It probably won't have masteries as a result.

    I predict that it won't be coming until closer to the end of September or start of October.

    I predict that the announcement will be a bit of a damp squib for many people but that they will try to build hype none the less.

    I'd love to be wrong and for season 5 to be really exciting.

  • hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2019

    Definitely a non-full Aurene season.
    The trio I hate:
    -Trahearne (cool he is dead)
    -Kasmeer (haven't seen her alot so ok)
    -Aurene (since the start.. have even more affection for my skyscale or Taimi...)

    Okay for norn exploration, through mountains is a good occasion for asura.

    +++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

  • Blaeys.3102Blaeys.3102 Member ✭✭✭

    Whether they come as part of season 5, an expansion or even paid unlocks on the gem store, I really want new elite specs. For me, they are the one thing that mixes things up enough to keep the game feeling fresh.

    No idea what is being announced on Friday.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I am predicting that by/at the end of the season, we will prepare to cross the ocean to Cantha.

  • Fenar.4025Fenar.4025 Member ✭✭

    New game client and release of console version...

  • BadSanta.6527BadSanta.6527 Member ✭✭✭

    dont know and dont care , much prefer content drought if that means faster expantion rather then LW

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Pifil.5193 said:
    Yeah, I predict a lot of disappointed people when it turns out to be an announcement about what they actually said it'd be about and not a new expansion.

    They've basicaly only spoke about lw so far, the safe assumptions ppl can make is that they are infact going to talk about the story, if anyone things otherwise they are overhyping themselves.

  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @Pifil.5193 said:
    Yeah, I predict a lot of disappointed people when it turns out to be an announcement about what they actually said it'd be about and not a new expansion.

    They've basicaly only spoke about lw so far, the safe assumptions ppl can make is that they are infact going to talk about the story, if anyone things otherwise they are overhyping themselves.

    Definitely, but you know people, they do it every time.

  • Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Here is a curve ball.

    The Norn convince us to join them and not fight Jormag.

    Bet, you think you are going to Skrim in Tyria (lol).

    Nope.

    Forget about the charr-b-que in the northeast as well.

    Our wierdo norns have other plans.

    They show their true viking colors and take us to the open seas to island hop.

    Windwaker or OnePiece style.

    Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

  • ~~It's finally tomorrow so we will see what happens now...
    The only reason that I'm actually excited for this is because the last time they held up a live-conference was for the reveal of HoT
    For ANET to book up a venue AND broadcast live stream I'm hoping it will be something epic !

  • EmmetOtter.8542EmmetOtter.8542 Member ✭✭✭

    @DoRi Silvia.4159 said:
    ~~It's finally tomorrow so we will see what happens now...
    The only reason that I'm actually excited for this is because the last time they held up a live-conference was for the reveal of HoT
    For ANET to book up a venue AND broadcast live stream I'm hoping it will be something epic !

    The announcement won't be tomorrow, it's on Friday 9am Pacific time

  • BarbarianAnnie.9567BarbarianAnnie.9567 Member
    edited August 28, 2019

    I predict season 5 will be about Aurene getting into her role as a new elder dragon and facing some new, non-dragon threat. And then one of the new zones will be literally on Aurene's back as you fight off this new enemy that's trying to mess with her and stuff, stop them from setting up camps, etc.

    ... Okay I'm probably wrong but I still think it'd be pretty cool.

  • DoRi Silvia.4159DoRi Silvia.4159 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2019

    @EmmetOtter.8542 said:

    @DoRi Silvia.4159 said:
    ~~It's finally tomorrow so we will see what happens now...
    The only reason that I'm actually excited for this is because the last time they held up a live-conference was for the reveal of HoT
    For ANET to book up a venue AND broadcast live stream I'm hoping it will be something epic !

    The announcement won't be tomorrow, it's on Friday 9am Pacific time

    oh right haha , I live in NZ which probably has the earliest time zone in the world

    I guess it will be in 2 days then

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @EmmetOtter.8542 said:
    The announcement won't be tomorrow, it's on Friday 9am Pacific time

    It's already Thursday in Europe, so yes, it is tomorrow. ;)

  • @Ashantara.8731 said:
    I am predicting that by/at the end of the season, we will prepare to cross the ocean to Cantha.

    I hope this is true, cantha was the coolest region in gw (personal opinion) and hopefully shiro is revived, ready to slay all yall players

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2019

    the annoucement will gonna be The Return of Scarlet.

    "It's a testament to the folly of the humans and their gods. They say Arah was sacred, but all I see is one big dragon nest."(Rytlock Brimstone)

  • Anchoku.8142Anchoku.8142 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Prediction: You will aid the Quaggon and Kodan as pact commander in an underwater blitzball-like offensive against Jourmag's frozen fish minions to reclaim the snow and sea.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Anchoku.8142 said:
    Prediction: You will aid the Quaggon and Kodan as pact commander in an underwater blitzball-like offensive against Jourmag's frozen fish minions to reclaim the snow and sea.

    LOL, at reading "blitzball" (Blitz is German for "lightning"), my first thought was "A new underwater sports game!" ... then I read the rest of the sentence and got disappointed. :p

    @ugrakarma.9416 said:
    the annoucement will gonna be The Return of Scarlet.

    She's compost by now. ;)

  • BarbarianAnnie.9567BarbarianAnnie.9567 Member
    edited August 29, 2019

    @Ashantara.8731 said:

    @Anchoku.8142 said:
    Prediction: You will aid the Quaggon and Kodan as pact commander in an underwater blitzball-like offensive against Jourmag's frozen fish minions to reclaim the snow and sea.

    LOL, at reading "blitzball" (Blitz is German for "lightning"), my first thought was "A new underwater sports game!" ... then I read the rest of the sentence and got disappointed. :p

    Blitzball is the underwater sports game in Final Fantasy X so you had it right!

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @BarbarianAnnie.9567 said:
    Blitzball is the underwater sports game in Final Fantasy X so you had it right!

    Ooooh, cool! I wasn't sure whether it might have been a fun term for sudden cannon fire. =)

  • Tiviana.2650Tiviana.2650 Member ✭✭✭✭

    DSD expansion or riot!

  • KingHalseda.3207KingHalseda.3207 Member
    edited August 29, 2019

    We will get Build Templates that's for sure. As much as I want new Elite Specs, I want them to stay an Expac content ... They HAVE to (at least) tease an Expansion, this way players will have something to look forward to and that will make LW5 as we're building for something greater , unless they going to make LW5 the new EXPANSION where we will get rapid fire episodes, with content similar to expansions and we will have to pay for the LW ... they made it clear that the next story will involve Jormag ... but I don't think we're going to fight it ... because Anet made it clear that Elder dragons are not a threat anymore, we got one of them by our side, and Kralka was a bad boy just becasue of the magics inside him (Tho Destiny's Edge fought him back when he had no magics tormenting him... choices Anet).

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Plot twist: Jormag is fighting the Deep Sea Dragon, hence that bit of a curve ball with ocean (or travel) themes cropping up

    Bite me.

  • EmmetOtter.8542EmmetOtter.8542 Member ✭✭✭

    One day more!
    Another day, another destiny
    This never-ending road to Calvary
    These men who seem to know my mind
    Will surely deliver another time
    One day more!

  • They'll finally open up the Polymock mini-game near Rata Sum. =) :p

  • leguman.6387leguman.6387 Member
    edited August 29, 2019

    There will never be another credible or interesting story (has there even been one? ) since we have an immortal crystal elder dragon god controlling the powers of spirit, fire and death and capable of devouring the reality itself at our side, there cannot be expectations of a good story, so I hope there will at least be good stuff like elite specializations...

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

    LWS5, just from the posters, it seems ice and fire. Beyond that it is impossible to guess.

    Considering that it is supposed to be around 45 minutes, I assume there will be more.

    Unless there are some major additions that change game play (like new elites, weapons or skills), then the game is on statis till that happens. And that will be it for the game in terms of population.

  • please please please do not let it be mostly underwater. i predict something left field. how about a sopranos parody with gnashblade as a godfather figure trying to take over tyria?

  • @Blockhead Magee.3092 said:
    You liked Box in a Box from a bag? How about the new box in a bag with a bag of boxes with a bag that when opened give you an unidentified Blue bag! This blue bag can be opened with a chance at a Green unidentified box! If you pray hard enough to RNJesus that Green box might, just might give you a bag! And in this bag is a box! That box has one in billion chance to be an identified rare bag! Oh, you'll get a white spike too.

    Sometimes when I am opening kitten in my inventory, I feel like all I am doing is playing with russian dolls. Mean russian dolls that like to get my hopes up that at the end of it there will be something that was worth my time in opening them.

  • Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

    New Playable Race
    New Major City to go with said race
    New Class with 2 specializations
    More Crafting Stations for our Home Instance
    Build Templates
    New PvP map(s)
    New Borderland Map(s)
    Alliances
    New siege
    New Mount that will be water/land mix so it can be used in both
    Legendary Food
    Mini battle arena where minis fight one another
    Specializations only give access to trait lines/utilities and have no impact on weapon restrictions
    All weapons become available for every class
    New race specific abilities as well as enhance the old ones
    New Fractal(s) and new CMs
    Raid trainer
    New PvE map that is not sand based
    Revamp of legacy code to fix old quirks such as not being able to dye back piece.

    My expectations are high. I'm not sure any of that will happen to be honest. But I can dream.

                                                              There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you
    
  • Daroon.1736Daroon.1736 Member ✭✭✭

    There is no season 5
    Guild wars 3 is in development and a 'Hall of Heroes' feature will be added to GW2 to start collecting exclusive rewards.
    100 man Battle Royal mode also incoming.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2019

    @Daroon.1736 said:
    a 'Hall of Heroes' feature will be added to GW2 to start collecting exclusive rewards.

    Regardless of the Hall of Monuments, I sincerely hope they will do something with the Eye of the North! <3 Hopefully during this season, since we are obviously heading north. :) It's such a cool historical location, it would be a shame to leave it abandoned much longer.

  • Witch of Doom.5739Witch of Doom.5739 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @chad.8701 said:

    @chad.8701 said:
    Only thing I'm expecting is for them to talk about new living story.
    I'm sure I'll still be disappointed.

    Sadly my expectations were correct

    Stream is still going, but I hope there will be something big announced at the very end. The new LW looks good, and I'm really glad there are going to be character and gear build templates. Free glider etc. for people who already own HoT is nice too. But yeah, I want MOAR.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2019

    @Witch of Doom.5739 said:

    @chad.8701 said:

    @chad.8701 said:
    Only thing I'm expecting is for them to talk about new living story.
    I'm sure I'll still be disappointed.

    Sadly my expectations were correct

    Stream is still going, but I hope there will be something big announced at the very end.

    Unlikely. They are now talking merchandizing, which seems to be the last point of the event. I don't think they'd drop anything important at the last moment now.
    Edit: yeah, that was it.
    /gg

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Thundabolt.8541Thundabolt.8541 Member ✭✭✭

    Well, that was not the barrel of surprises I was praying for.

    For the first time, I'm finally accepting what everyone's been saying all along.

    Guild Wars 2 is dying.

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Sounds rather underwhelming so far.

  • Witch of Doom.5739Witch of Doom.5739 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Witch of Doom.5739 said:

    @chad.8701 said:

    @chad.8701 said:
    Only thing I'm expecting is for them to talk about new living story.
    I'm sure I'll still be disappointed.

    Sadly my expectations were correct

    Stream is still going, but I hope there will be something big announced at the very end.

    Unlikely. They are now talking merchandizing, which seems to be the last point of the event. I don't think they'd drop anything important at the last moment now.

    Sad but true. I don't know how to feel right now. Sigh.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Thundabolt.8541 said:
    Well, that was not the barrel of surprises I was praying for.

    For the first time, I'm finally accepting what everyone's been saying all along.

    Guild Wars 2 is dying.

    @Witch of Doom.5739 said:

    @chad.8701 said:

    @chad.8701 said:
    Only thing I'm expecting is for them to talk about new living story.
    I'm sure I'll still be disappointed.

    Sadly my expectations were correct

    Stream is still going, but I hope there will be something big announced at the very end. The new LW looks good, and I'm really glad there are going to be character and gear build templates. Free glider etc. for people who already own HoT is nice too. But yeah, I want MOAR.

    @LucianDK.8615 said:
    Sounds rather underwhelming so far.

    @Witch of Doom.5739 said:

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Witch of Doom.5739 said:

    @chad.8701 said:

    @chad.8701 said:
    Only thing I'm expecting is for them to talk about new living story.
    I'm sure I'll still be disappointed.

    Sadly my expectations were correct

    Stream is still going, but I hope there will be something big announced at the very end.

    Unlikely. They are now talking merchandizing, which seems to be the last point of the event. I don't think they'd drop anything important at the last moment now.

    Sad but true. I don't know how to feel right now. Sigh.

    I guess without trying to sound like a curmudgeon, what did you expect?

    They said

    • ‘LW5 announcement’ check
    • ‘Expansion level content’ check (build templates)

    And that’s it...

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2019

    Oh well, that's that and back to other things again. :/

    Sadly don't understand the need for such a big live event for showcasing this.

    I mean, sure well done for the hard work - I don't want to undermine anyone who has put work into creating future content, but I wish I had spent those 45 mins doing something, anything else.

    (I was more excited by the patch for Gwent today).

    My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

  • cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

    That was underwhelming. Even less than I expected.

    This could have just been a living story trailer as usual.

    They also didn't go into dates, or time frames. Like, sure, we get the "prologue" episode on the 17th, but they didn't talk about the expected time frame between episodes like how long till episode 1, or 2. How many episodes.

    They spent more time talking about marketing and bundle discounts than they did the actual content.

  • EmmetOtter.8542EmmetOtter.8542 Member ✭✭✭

    @cptaylor.2670 said:
    That was underwhelming. Even less than I expected.

    This could have just been a living story trailer as usual.

    They also didn't go into dates, or time frames. Like, sure, we get the "prologue" episode on the 17th, but they didn't talk about the expected time frame between episodes like how long till episode 1, or 2. How many episodes.

    They spent more time talking about marketing and bundle discounts than they did the actual content.

    I noticed that an actual start date was missing. Sept 17 is the Prologue but what comes next and when it starts? shrug

    Disappointed in their choice of using Hot Topic for shirts. Hot Topic shirts are garbage quality. They shrink a full size after 1 washing and any image on them disappears after a couple of months of wear-n-wash.

    But they got an awful lot of companies to sign up to sell merchandise. That might just say there may be a lot of good news in GW2-future compared to some other MMO's.

  • Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭

    Prologue ... and when again is halloween? End of october? I guess they could fit in the actual start after the prologue before that. If the prologue is very short. Then a longer wait time until the next release. Also might depend on what other stuff they have to fill the time/gaps. (You see ... they seem to never want to be without event/release ... constantly every few weeks something new. Build templates might also make for a big release seperated from a story release.)

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2019

    The things that were revealed were mostly story-related, which is great! Back up north to GW1's "Eye of the North" zones! Koda, Norn, Charr - what's not to love? <3

    Only downside: they still won't let us play Koda characters. :/

    @cptaylor.2670 said:
    They also didn't go into dates, or time frames.

    September 17 is what they said, no?

  • hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

    kodan tonics! moar charr tonics?

    +++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.