Illuminated Boreal Weapons: WTH FOR REAL?!?! - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Illuminated Boreal Weapons: WTH FOR REAL?!?!

Comments

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Connor Fallon.9408 said:
    Hi All,
    We are working on an alternative, easier way to reobtain the T2 weapons for those who have already crafted them. We don’t currently have a time frame for this, but will update you when we know more.

You are a hero!

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• @Randulf.7614 said:

Hi All,
    We are working on an alternative, easier way to reobtain the T2 weapons for those who have already crafted them. We don’t currently have a time frame for this, but will update you when we know more.

I'm curious then, if this isn't a bug...how was it not foreseen this would be an issue?

It could be that the set was initially planned to be released with all 3 tiers during the same story, but when they decided to make the releases smaller they split it up into separate releases?

• Cronos.6532Cronos.6532 Member ✭✭✭

Thanks for the quick response to the issue!

signature

• holodoc.5748holodoc.5748 Member ✭✭✭

Suddenly stacking hundreds of those crafted Restored weapons does sound like a good retirement plan.

• Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2020

They gonna run 35g each and probably go up so 5-600g needed for the set so i think alot won't upgrade. I bought enough lodestones to craft draconic one just in case I do someday. Oh and that's not adding what value you place on the 560 etritte ingots

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fenom.9457 said:
    Haaaaahhahaha thats why I only did the first tier

same, held off too, kinda suspected we had to keep them, because it was too stupidly easy to craft in the first place

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • @Connor Fallon.9408 said:
    Hi All,

Thanks for the fast update on this. I appreciate the quick response to concerns!

• Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sure has been a whole lot of nothing in this thread. Don't suppose anyone will apologize.

• Ohoni.6057Ohoni.6057 Member ✭✭✭✭

Shouldn't you guys have been working on this since Whisper in the Dark launched? OR could maybe have told the community "don't salvage those, you'll need them later?" One of those two things? I mean, a lack of communication about upcoming releases is one thing, but this is a pretty clear example of where communication is both EXTREMELY simple and EXTREMELY important. Right?

• Liston.9708Liston.9708 Member ✭✭✭

something something about left hand not knowing what right hand is doing..... Glad there will be a "fix", but really not 1 person saw this as an issue?

• Cronos.6532Cronos.6532 Member ✭✭✭

Customer Support was also able to restore the Restored weapons (heh) for me in just three hours after I made a ticket. So if you can't wait for the fix and want the weapons right now, that should also work!

Thanks GM Fiction; you're the best.

signature

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2020

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@Gop.8713 said:
    This is disappointing. There was even a thread about it when the preview released asking anet not to do this . . .

On the upside, they have been responsive to player concerns of late and this will likely meet with near universal disapproval, so perhaps an adjustment will be forthcoming. We'll have to wait and see . . .

The annoying part is they have to go back and change this stuff due to outrage instead of having better foresight. It's not a good look.

I agree, but I think it's a product of the pace of release, which is dictated by the expectations of the same players who are disgruntled by the less than perfect releases when they arrive . . .

Hi All,

tyvm :)

It really is amazing to me how responsive anet has become to player concerns compared to times past. And I don't even mean that they decided to fix it, but just that they are willing to address it. To me it's the single most important thing a game company can do, more important even than the game itself really lol . . .

EDIT: We could buy them for chilies maybe :p

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2020

Hi All,

The "alternative, easier way to reobtain " worries me it litteraly could be you will be able to buy them back from a vendor at same cost or alittle reduced.

That is easier you dont have to craft them from scratch but still the same or close to the same cost.

Edit
    Why this would be the was is that anet want to protect the weapons price on the trading post for as long as possible.

We seen this thinking before with crafted legendary precursors.

Edit
    With my second post this one is kinda irrelevant but I stand the spirit of this post. (anet just resend the weapons to everyone who have crafted them with a note its neeed for t3 in new map and dont waste time on a alternative easier way to obtain )

@Cronos.6532 said:
    Customer Support was also able to restore the Restored weapons (heh) for me in just three hours after I made a ticket. So if you can't wait for the fix and want the weapons right now, that should also work!

Yes I got them all back aswell, I check my support ticket after this post and GM Fiction strikes again =)

• Zephire.8049Zephire.8049 Member ✭✭✭

@Cronos.6532 said:

Mine were also restored very quickly and also by GM Fiction. Definitely impressed at the speed and friendliness; I was expecting to wait a day or two given that it's a patch day.

I'm glad that Anet is looking into a way for players to obtain salvaged Restored weapons without GMs doing it manually, but I'm still surprised that it was pushed out as it is currently.

• hopefully i kept those... i just hope i'll be able to craft those i used on other characters

@Sprites.9764 said:
    hopefully i kept those... i just hope i'll be able to craft those i used on other characters

If this works like upgradable bags soulbound to characters that cant craft it wont work mate.

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

We don’t currently have a time frame for this, but will update you when we know more.

Shouldn't such a thing be prioritized over most other things?
    You already have a similar feature with the legendary craftsman NPC in Lion' Arch, just copy that system.

• @Connor Fallon.9408 said:
    Hi All,

I really hope your "alternative" won't be "buy them for 50 gold a peace" like with the Visions for the Heroic Dragonsblood weapons...

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kajoken.1630 said:

Hi All,

I really hope your "alternative" won't be "buy them for 50 gold a peace" like with the Visions for the Heroic Dragonsblood weapons...

Since support are restoring them at no charge, the only solution is to give the weapons a zero buyback value from a vendor once you unlock the weapon. Anything else creates disparity

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:

@kajoken.1630 said:

Hi All,

Since support are restoring them at no charge, the only solution is to give the weapons a zero buyback value from a vendor once you unlock the weapon. Anything else creates disparity

That would require them to be unsalvagable.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@kajoken.1630 said:

Hi All,

That would require them to be unsalvagable.

True unless they make it a one time thing per weapon. I don’t expect that would make much of a ripple

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fueki.4753 said:

We don’t currently have a time frame for this, but will update you when we know more.

Shouldn't such a thing be prioritized over most other things?
    You already have a similar feature with the legendary craftsman NPC in Lion' Arch, just copy that system.

How is an optional crafting of some weapons high priority?

@aspirine.6852 said:
    How is an optional crafting of some weapons high priority?

How is some QoL involving changing an issue that equals flipping the bird towards your customers not high priority?

• Friday.7864Friday.7864 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2020

You guys really need to work on your approval process and quality control.
    It's like whoever approves the stuff you work on lacks some common sense or has no connection to the playerbase.
    This and the griffon skin are almost universally disliked, such things shouldn't make it into the game in the first place, at least not in their current form :/
    You're wasting resources and development time, the skin you made won't sell and the collection will now need fixing...

• This is a kick in the nuts, really anet. REALLY. W T F. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Gotta craft them again. O M G. Furious. Enjoyed getting the recipes, making them all. Deleted them because you know, STORAGE! Oh really, we were meant to keep them "just in case" they may be needed to craft another weapon. No warning, nothing! Thanks

@MarkyMark.7615 said:
    This is a kick in the nuts, really anet. REALLY. W T F. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Gotta craft them again. O M G. Furious. Enjoyed getting the recipes, making them all. Deleted them because you know, STORAGE! Oh really, we were meant to keep them "just in case" they may be needed to craft another weapon. No warning, nothing! Thanks

Maybe read thread and put in a support ticket for them?
    Be nice and you might be happy with the outcome.

• AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:

Hi All,

I'm curious then, if this isn't a bug...how was it not foreseen this would be an issue?

If I had to guess, this was a rush job. They had about 2 months between the previous episode and this release, I think? That's significantly faster than previous episodes. The copy/paste events on the map. The "do this 10 times" achievements. The fact that the meta boss, as visually impressive as he is, basically just keeps doing the same thing over and over. I don't think they had enough time to do what they wanted to do with this.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:
    That's significantly faster than previous episodes.

If it's significantly less content, coming out significantly faster should be a given.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hashberry.4510 said:
    Sure has been a whole lot of nothing in this thread. Don't suppose anyone will apologize.

Apologize for what, exactly?

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Yeah, could have a warning in T2 that it's used in crafting, remember those stand alone armors you could drop in Dry Top (Adventurer's Scarf and Spectacles if i'm not mistaken), and you need them to craft the Adventurer's Mantle, so they have that "this item is a crafting ingredient" thingy at the bottom, could have done the same on Boreal Weapons.

Tough from now on, i guess nobody is going to trash crafted weapon sets anymore xD

@Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:
    Yeah, could have a warning in T2 that it's used in crafting, remember those stand alone armors you could drop in Dry Top (Adventurer's Scarf and Spectacles if i'm not mistaken), and you need them to craft the Adventurer's Mantle, so they have that "this item is a crafting ingredient" thingy at the bottom, could have done the same on Boreal Weapons.
    Tough from now on, i guess nobody is going to trash crafted weapon sets anymore xD

And the crowd of those, who will only craft them once the season is over, will grow.

• @AliamRationem.5172 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

Hi All,

If I had to guess, this was a rush job. They had about 2 months between the previous episode and this release, I think? That's significantly faster than previous episodes. The copy/paste events on the map. The "do this 10 times" achievements. The fact that the meta boss, as visually impressive as he is, basically just keeps doing the same thing over and over. I don't think they had enough time to do what they wanted to do with this.

Different Teams handle Living World Episodes (I believe there are 3 or 4 Living World Teams); thus, each Team has much more than 2 months.

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

So, I just submit a ticket (I had made all T2 weapons), and they will restore them?

• Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Hashberry.4510 said:

Apologize for what, exactly?

Yep. Didn't think so.

• kratan.4619kratan.4619 Member ✭✭✭

@Hashberry.4510 said:

Nope, it is apparently not enough that they are trying to make a change for this issue, must continue to pound at them even after they have said they are going to make a correction. I am sure that all the posters in this thread have never made a mistake of any size while at work. Honestly, this is a pretty minor oversight, I would not even call it a mistake, that they have stated they are going to try and find a way to make everyone happy. And for anyone posting about "what are you going to do to make sure this never happens again?", everyone is human, and an oversight like this most assuredly will happen again. Nobody can guarantee that oversights/mistakes will never happen again, not even the people posting about it.

• I have submitted a polite and friendly ticket for restoring the Restored Boreal Weapons to my account, and I have received confirmation receipt of ticket. I will update the thread on any progress.
    Thank you Anet for reading this post.
    ~Milly

• Since I posted earlier in this thread, I feel obliged to come back and say that my ticket was handled super quickly and they did happily restore my whole set, as I assume will happen to others that submitted tickets. That said, if you're a little more the patient sort and they're working on an alternate re-acquisition, you might want to save your inventory slots and see what that ends up looking like first. But hats off for the quick help.

• @KingJoko.1625 said:

@Geoff Fey.1035 said:
    In what way do they need to be remade?
    As in:
    1. you need the Restored Boreal Weapon as a recipe component to create the Illuminated Boreal Weapon?
    2. the achievement for Illuminated Boreal Weapons does not retroactively unlock even if you still have all of the Restored Boreal Weapons?

You need the actual tier2 weapons in physical form, not in achievement, which 99% of players salvaged..

I cannot confirm the statistic here, but anecdotally I can say that I too salvaged these weapons after crafting. I think this problem should have been anticipated. 1. Long term players almost certainly have ascended weapons on at least some of their characters, leaving newly crafted exotics as a loss in play value, 2. The entire game promotes inventory bloat and even with having purchased several additional bank tabs, inventory space is always a recurring issue, at least for me. So salvaging weapons for which at least I have no need only makes sense. 3. they incentivized salvaging them by having them give back the unique crafting material used in making them. This is standard with other gear that can be salvaged for unique materials, but in the crunch to make the entire set, getting these back in salvaging sped up completion of crafting the entire set.

Everything about this design encouraged the salvaging, which really isn't a big deal until they failed to anticipate that and put in this upgraded set (good for encouraging recurring game play) that required the previous set. I am glad that they are now looking at adding ways to require the previous weapons. I really am, but this feeds back into the problems with the design issues I have already mentioned. Having these weapons again and upgrading them, will we need to hold on to the illuminated boreal weapons for upgrading yet again in some future release? Don't get me wrong, I like the continuity concept of upgrading, just not the combination of not knowing + inventory bloat that this design encourages.

Here's to hoping that someone recognizes the inherent flaw in doing thing this way and comes up with an alternative, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting.

• My salvaged Restored Boreal Weapons were restored to my account via four (4) in-game mails within one (1) hour of submitting the ticket.
    ~Milly

• Lambent.6375Lambent.6375 Member ✭✭✭

Just craft another one.

@FOX.3582 said:
    A freaking chair. Woah. I personally can't wait to buy a gem store CHAIR, so all my characters can SIT around in Tyria while other players see me, SITTING there, looking like a [email protected] ...

• iwanpompier.5612iwanpompier.5612 Member ✭✭
    edited January 29, 2020

I send ticket over 8 hours ago still no reply :(

@iwanpompier.5612 said:
    i send ticket 7 hours ago still no reply :(

They are prob getting swamped now so im expecting all support lead times to temporarily soar

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is the first time they have actually used the word upgradable correctly.

These problems wouldn't happen if Anet was consistent with how they've done rewards in the past. No previous "upgrade" set has needed the previous equipment as a material to craft them. Astral/Stellar weapons. Elegy/Requiem armor. Dragonsblood weapons. Mist Shard armor.

• @Randulf.7614 said:
    They are prob getting swamped now so im expecting all support lead times to temporarily soar

yeah but seeing people making tickets hours after me and already getting replied annoys me :)

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    This is the first time they have actually used the word upgradable correctly.

These problems wouldn't happen if Anet was consistent with how they've done rewards in the past. No previous "upgrade" set has needed the previous equipment as a material to craft them. Astral/Stellar weapons. Elegy/Requiem armor. Dragonsblood weapons. Mist Shard armor.

Aren't you forgetting about the Craftsman backpacks?
    And in a sense, you need to upgrade Precursors, too. Although the necessary parts are salvaged from prior versions.