Probably the Last Time we'll ever see a gw2 Tournament this big! Player Made Only!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vieux P.1238 said:Losing streamers like Tea Pot is why this game is a fail...

Who?

Do you realize that most of the community do not watch twitch streams ?

Game failure or less is not related to streams .

Btw all those influencer moving to wow classic...if I were a blizzard employee from the marketing team I'd pay them the move to my next project and would write post above post on forums and Reddits saying how they are moving to the next big thing

I'd do but I am none. And btw wow classic will implode in a couple of months when bwl will be in farming. Do you realize we have 10 years of experience and those are no more a issue like they were.

And btw if blizzard decided to spend more time and resources for casuals maybe they have stats whom to take this decision on.

Let's wait for 30 anyway

ummm no. Barely anyone watches GW2 anyway, MMOs are not fun to watch in general. It's Anet's fault that the game is declining because they got money hungry since HoT. Which is why simple skins are £20, better make sure to milk last remaining people willing to buy things than lowering prices because they know not a lot of people are left who would care to buy them no matter the price. £20 is exp price, not a simple boring skin. And let's not talk about them shoving loads of gambling into game that's rated 12.

A lot of people seem to be convinced there's huge potential in streaming GW2, but not enough people doing it or somehow all doing it wrong. That sounds like a gap in the market to me - if you think this (or any other stream) is something which should continue but the person who was doing it won't be doing any more why not step in and fill the gap while the demand is there?

@Kurrilino.2706 said:

I just checked out what all this is about.This so called super hype event has 11k viewers in a game that claims to have 11 million players.This is 0.1% of the community.

I don't even know who Tea Pot is or why this would be important in any meaning

11m acounts made not concurent players

I too have a league of legenda acount but havwnt played in 6 years does that make me part of the community?

@Kurrilino.2706 said:

I just checked out what all this is about.This so called super hype event has 11k viewers in a game that claims to have 11 million players.This is 0.1% of the community.

I don't even know who Tea Pot is or why this would be important in any meaning

The game claimed to have 11 million ACCOUNTS. Now how many of those are active? Checking the achievement leaderboards you can see that more than 20% of those accounts haven't gone outside the tutorial. 50% of the accounts haven't even finished the personal story... Half of the accounts have less achievements than you'd get if you finished the personal story of the core game, not adding the two expansions or any of the living world episodes. If you want to count those that have expansion achievements, you go up to only 30%. 10% of the accounts have a 1 or 2 years experience as they have above 3k AP, which you can get from dailies alone in 10 months, or rather 3 to 4 months if you also count the mass amount of AP you get just by playing randomly. The number of active players is a tiny percentage of the 11 million accounts.

@Vavume.8065 said:

The game has been failing for 7 years but is still going, losing a streamer will make zero difference.

But its not just 1 streamer, its also a massive chunk of the community that follows them, again granted its only maybe 500-600 people, wonder where all the non elite players will go for their meta builds when all the elites who meta test the new builds are gone.

Anyone who really wanted this game to succeed would realize that anyone leaving, including a streamer who has promoted the game for 7 years, leaving is a massive loss, but it seemed lost on some people.

@"Ok I Did It.2854" said:Anyone who really wanted this game to succeed would realize that anyone leaving, including a streamer who has promoted the game for 7 years, leaving is a massive loss, but it seemed lost on some people.

LOL, it is only a "massive" loss to the tiny number who religiously watch Teapot.

The game does not succeed or fail on streamers, I mean look at PvP for instance, Teldo used to get 800-1000 viewers (over double what Teapot normally gets), PvP didn't decline because Teldo left, it declined because of decisions Anet made like power-creeping the game which ruined the combat for a lot of people, slow to balance, etc.

Same thing with WvW, the game mode has fundamental problems that were never addressed (outside of fixing culling), it was largely neglected in comparison to PvE/PvP, etc, that is why that declined, not because Chemsorly quit streaming.

Same thing with Teapot, if the PvE raid scene is basically down to Teapot fanbois who will quit the game when Teapot leaves, then guess what, the raid scene is already dead.

@"Kurrilino.2706" said:I just checked out what all this is about.This so called super hype event has 11k viewers in a game that claims to have 11 million players.

(1) It's not "super hyped" -- it's organized by a single player, with help from his fans and colleagues; ANet hasn't mentioned it.(2) No one claims that the game has 11 million players. That's the number of accounts created, included accounts for alts, banned, locked, and abandoned.

This is 0.1% of the community.By comparison,

In other words, 11k viewers is huge for GW2, despite so few forum members having heard about it.

I don't even know who Tea Pot is orThat's fair.

why this would be important in any meaningIt's more important to Teapot's fans, to people who believe the game needs more streamers, to those who believe the game is in dire need of fresh blood. I'm not sure it has much relevance to anyone who just likes the game.

It does show that there's an appetite for contests among the top PvE players in the game, something that ANet hasn't tapped into in years.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Kurrilino.2706" said:I just checked out what all this is about.This so called super hype event has 11k viewers in a game that claims to have 11 million players.

(1) It's not "super hyped" -- it's organized by a single player, with help from his fans and colleagues; ANet hasn't mentioned it.(2) No one claims that the game has 11 million players. That's the number of accounts created, included accounts for alts, banned, locked, and abandoned.

This is 0.1% of the community.By comparison,

In other words, 11k viewers is huge for GW2, despite so few forum members having heard about it.

I don't even know who Tea Pot is orThat's fair.

why this would be important in any meaningIt's more important to Teapot's fans, to people who believe the game needs more streamers, to those who believe the game is in dire need of fresh blood. I'm not sure it has much relevance to anyone who just likes the game.

It does show that there's an appetite for contests among the top PvE players in the game, something that ANet hasn't tapped into in years.

Blizzard has and its been very succesful woth the mdi. Players themselves have also done so with the races to world first and them amd the game enjoyed massive viewership and publicity.

@Vavume.8065 said:

The game has been failing for 7 years but is still going, losing a streamer will make zero difference.

10 000k viewers just on this last organised event by Mighty Tea Pot, ........ i hardly call this making up ZERO difference.In fact i call this real creative hype by passionate players in the community despite a broken game. Proving that the marketing department don't get it.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

10 000k viewers just on this last organised event by Mighty Tea Pot, ........ i hardly call this making up ZERO difference.In fact i call this real creative hype by passionate players in the community despite a broken game. Proving that the marketing department don't get it.

15k* viewers

Edit: as i was writing that it went to 16.5k

edit2: reached 17k

@Vieux P.1238 said:

Actually, if the state of the game is the view you are portraying with your negativity, the marketing department is genius