Metal Legion event slays

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I participated in the event yesterday twice and, as a metal fan, I didn't know what could be expected from such an ingame event beforehand, but to my surprise the concert turned out to be loads of fun.Well, nowadays in real life I tend to stay in the frontline banging my head (or at the back, if crowdsurfers get too annoying ?), but I really had a blast moshing and running around and couldn't stop laughing. Next time (or at times the most have aquired the t-shirt) I'll try to organize a real circle pit! \m/ ?

Really hope the Norn Scalds like the great Bodmodr Svartkelson and his majestic stash pull some Norn Metal ala Amorphis/Korpiklaani and we get Battle of the bands kind of deal event.Also any Idea who are the people behind Metal Legion, the vocals and texts sound sound something like mash up of Slayer, Amon Amarth and Sabaton with the chant , growl and military thematic, but the instrumental sounds more groovy like Pantera and Annihilator. Dethklok comes close but i'm still not sure.

My own tastes lean more towards rock, punk (punk rock), grunge etc. but I like metal too. I was really unsure what I'd think of this event, it so easily could have been cringe-worthy and disappointing. I finally got to do it in full (with sound on!) tonight and it was great. :D

They really captured the atmosphere of a real gig, crazy, fast paced, semi-controlled chaos. I loved the mosh pit events especially and the boss at the end was a surpise. Only problem was I was torn between listening to the band and joining in with the events. But the nice thing is unlike a real gig I can do it again whenever I want, and for free. :D

Yeah this was some good fun. Given all the shenanigans that went down, I'm fairly convinced that this was just a Dethklok show transplanted into Tyria and with the fatality rate cranked all the way down. I give it my metal-loving stamp of approval, which may or may not actually translate to anything at any point in time (I don't know yet).

I still think they should have done a Deicide cover, though. 'Godkill' for an encore, maybe? Anyone?