Give Us A Mixed PVP/PVE/WvW MAP

SeikeNz.3526

This will be the new WvW and the ultimate content

Lore:the mists are out of control and the enemy worlds are mixing together on one point, the only way to get out of here is killing the bosses! but you have to fight other worlds for it!

Contents plus new end game meaning:the map will be a mix of everything since it's distorced by the mists, space/mist/lava/air/desert/underwater/florestThe map will have meta for legendary mist bosses to kill while players have to fight each otherThe map will have mounts, arial combat, underwater combat,

Give us arial camps( like hot maps), underwater camps to conquest( this will force players to have underwater equips since no one cares, also pvp underwater, also fun)

Each camp will have a meta boss, the worlds will need to conquest the place to earn the right of fighting the metaboss so they have to kill each other.

Prizes:New Legandary items for this map only! since it's going to be hard to farmNew infusion with stats only for this map!

Do it Now, P L E A S E

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forced PvP for PvE content? No thanks. Now, could they work on some PvP-centric servers for open world PvP? Still as farfetched an idea, as I doubt they'd want to sink resources into that kind of development--but more plausible than that.

A better idea would just be a PvE-based PvP mode, like Gambit from Destiny 2.

Sounds like the OP is talking about a totally new and separate map that is probably in the Mists but apart from WvW that is mixed PvE/PvP. As long as it’s a new and completely separate map I wouldn’t care, as no PvE person would need to touch it. However since it would pull players from WvW I doubt ANet would ever add this to the game.

Too much effort for a very niche audience. I don't see Anet developing this type of content for a very select group. Their resources are better served creating content for a much larger majority of the player base.

Personally, I know that I would not go to such a map and neither would the group of players that I socialize with.

As much as I love PvP in this game I really don't want this to happen. I don't like to speak ill of any community but these are players that still fail the AB meta and aren't willing to figure out what a CC bar is. Do you really want to be playing against/with these people in a competitive environment? For all its faults, at least ranked has some semblance of rating to keep people of similar skill ratings together. Keep the communities seperate and people can move from one to another as they see fit.

I would just like to see more attention being paid to WvW and PvP instead to keep all parties happy, but sadly that's very unlikely to happen.

@Operator.2590 said:

A better idea would just be a PvE-based PvP mode, like Gambit from Destiny 2.

I was thinking the same, D2's Gambit is a good mix of PvPvE. As others stated WvW is close but with less E elements. A PvE race of various sides. This would potentially make a good Activity in GW2 and then would be totally optional and not interfere with any existing maps.

That said a new WvW map would go a long ways too.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Sounds like the OP is talking about a totally new and separate map that is probably in the Mists but apart from WvW that is mixed PvE/PvP. As long as it’s a new and completely separate map I wouldn’t care, as no PvE person would need to touch it. However since it would pull players from WvW I doubt ANet would ever add this to the game.

They tried that already with Dessert Boarderlands AND Edge of the Mists...... didn't pan out well either time. The ability to avoid participating is what makes the entire concept fall apart from the get go. PvE-only players treat PvP like its terrorism, PvP players don't like large scale fights and will end up ganking randos and complaining about how terrible the players are, and the WvW players will see all the other players not working the objectives to be a waste of a map slot.

Reusing the same map in 3 different game modes doesn't work either, because they have polar opposite needs for terrain traversal, pathing and choke points.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Sounds like the OP is talking about a totally new and separate map that is probably in the Mists but apart from WvW that is mixed PvE/PvP. As long as it’s a new and completely separate map I wouldn’t care, as no PvE person would need to touch it. However since it would pull players from WvW I doubt ANet would ever add this to the game.

They tried that already with Dessert Boarderlands AND Edge of the Mists...... didn't pan out well either time. The ability to avoid participating is what makes the entire concept fall apart from the get go. PvE-only players treat PvP like its terrorism, PvP players don't like large scale fights and will end up ganking randos and complaining about how terrible the players are, and the WvW players will see all the other players not working the objectives to be a waste of a map slot.

Reusing the same map in 3 different game modes doesn't work either, because they have polar opposite needs for terrain traversal, pathing and choke points.

but they have to make it right, wvw is boring as hell, also they need to give rewards worth of playing the map, people can avoid it but they will lose the prizes

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

but they have to make it right, wvw is boring as hell, also they need to give rewards worth of playing the map, people can avoid it but they will lose the prizes

And then you are forceing people that want reward into the map something you said earlier wouldent be the case.

@Linken.6345 said:

And then you are forceing people that want reward into the map something you said earlier wouldent be the case.

that's not true because you have alternatives, you can get legendary at pve only maps raids, wvw and pvp, they just need to make it easier(less time consuming) to get a legendary in a mixed map like this since its a mix of everything

@kharmin.7683 said:Doesn't that defeat the point of legendaries? Aren't they supposed to take time/effort?

do you want more effort than trying to farm something while there's people trying to kill you?just imagine you are fighting a hard raid boss then a enemy group appear and jump at you, this will turn the fight way harder, so to kill that boss the prize need to be worth of it

also time consuming is not really a effort it's is... just time... consuming... and boring..

Yes! Let's make a PvE area with free PvP and friendly fire! With lava everywhere and fireballs falling from the sky and zombies and dragons and mesmers! (oops. that would make it unbalanced) and a dragon killing event for 100 people!

Only elite players will kill the dragons and get the chance to battle the final boss: Balthazar riding Zaithan!