Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

Not sure how much their words mean anymore, with promise of better frequency of balance over and over and it never happens, to wvw getting alliances two and a half years later. One thing I will say that has anything going for it is since (I assume) it'll be monetized it'll be at the top of their list even though it was the latest promise of theirs.

@RedCobra.7693 said:Just have a vendor that sells you legendaries that you have already acquired its not rocket science.

Exactly my thoughts. Some people seem to think of doomsday scenarios when talking about the legendary armory and get more creative than me during school when trying to find reasons for why I haven't done my homework.I mean, this way you could even implement a price for each legendary copy, so it doesn't totally destroy the market: Make it about 50g for each copy of a weapon and boom, problem solved. Only thing they need to do then is to somehow make sunrise and the other one so it can't be thrown into the mystic forge for free eternitys.

@Imba.9451 said:

@RedCobra.7693 said:Just have a vendor that sells you legendaries that you have already acquired its not rocket science.

Exactly my thoughts. Some people seem to think of doomsday scenarios when talking about the legendary armory and get more creative than me during school when trying to find reasons for why I haven't done my homework.I mean, this way you could even implement a price for each legendary copy, so it doesn't totally destroy the market: Make it about 50g for each copy of a weapon and boom, problem solved. Only thing they need to do then is to somehow make sunrise and the other one so it can't be thrown into the mystic forge for free eternitys.

Except 50 gold is way too low for a copy of a legendary. I am working on my second weapon myself so I know how expensive these things are. To get a second copy of something, just make the Gen 1 and Gen 2 versions, and there you go, you get two different skins and you can dual wield if you want. Transmutate them if you want them to look the same, no problem. Anet should not devalue legendaries, as it will make end game much easier and there won’t be anything left to play for.

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

just make the Gen 1 and Gen 2 versions, and there you go, you get two different skins and you can dual wield if you want. Transmutate them if you want them to look the same, no problem. Anet should not devalue legendaries, as it will make end game much easier and there won’t be anything left to play for.

Except the legendary armory is supposed to solve literally the scenario you described, so you don't have to craft them several times.I did build several legendaries as well. And I think making copies for your characters on your account having a price tag attached to them is absolutely fair.

@Imba.9451 said:

just
make the Gen 1 and Gen 2 versions, and there you go, you get two different skins and you can dual wield if you want. Transmutate them if you want them to look the same, no problem. Anet should not devalue legendaries, as it will make end game much easier and there won’t be anything left to play for.

Except the legendary armory is supposed to solve literally the scenario you described, so you don't have to craft them several times.I did build several legendaries as well. And I think making copies for your characters on your account having a price tag attached to them is absolutely fair.

I disagree. The armory is meant to allow sharing of legendary weapons/armor across characters. Making one legendary sword doesn’t mean you get the ability to use two legendary swords in the armory so you can dual wield legendaries. I think you would have to have two legendary swords for this to happen. If anet does do this that’s totally up to them. But, the purpose of the armory is to make the template system better to where you won’t have to unequip your equipment from the templates just to move them to another character. If you have ever done this, you realize your equipment template basically goes away and you have to set stats, etc. all over again once you move them back. This makes me not want to move my armor across characters at all. This is what the armory is aiming to address and improve upon. Not give an extra copy necessarily.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:First, thanks to all of you for your input. Your strong reaction and feedback showed us that this would be a worthwhile addition to the game and we can’t wait to get it to you. We’re excited to be able to make you a part of development early on for this feature, and in the coming months we’ll be sharing updates as we move through the implementation process.

Is this still happening? Last mention by a dev was in May...

This would really motivate me to actually finish getting the legendary armor, cause right now the WvW one(which I'm planning to get, cause it's the game mode I enjoy mostly) isn't that fancy looking as PVE one and I already have like 3 sets of ascended gear that I use for my main (which is account bound and should be also easily usable - applicable to Equipment template - among all characters).

Just please make sure to do something about WARDROBE, I'd love to pay to have Wardrobe in totally separated Tab not locked to specific gear and to have more combinations than how much equipment loadouts I have. Also I already have little issue when moving Ascended gear around my characters, because I tend to use Cultural skins a lot and that means I have to switch the skin to something else before moving it to the new character, unless I forget and then I have to change character 2x more xD.

FASHION WARS is the real end game and we could really use that, I'd gladly buy extra Wardrobe template slots or you could let us pay with Transmog charges since we would have no longer use for them! <3

! This separated wardrobe works very well in other mmorpg I used to play before - RIFT!

Do we know about any progress on this topic? :open_mouth:

I disagree. The armory is meant to allow sharing of legendary weapons/armor across characters. Making one legendary sword doesn’t mean you get the ability to use two legendary swords in the armory so you can dual wield legendaries.

That one I actually could agree with.

This is what the armory is aiming to address and improve upon. Not give an extra copy necessarily.

Since we do not know what exactly Anet plans, thats quite a bold statement. I consider it a quality of life update: You don't have to swap your legendary from one character to another. So why not skip the template thingy, wich seems like an unneccessary step in between and simply give every character the ability to get a copy of legendaries you already crafted for a fee? Sounds much more user friendly and logical imho.

@Imba.9451 said:

This is what the armory is aiming to address and improve upon. Not give an extra copy necessarily.

Since we do not know what exactly Anet plans, thats quite a bold statement. I consider it a quality of life update: You don't have to swap your legendary from one character to another. So why not skip the template thingy, wich seems like an unneccessary step in between and simply give every character the ability to get a copy of legendaries you already crafted for a fee? Sounds much more user friendly and logical imho.

All I am saying with this is if you craft one legendary sword, you get access to one copy across any character and template that you can use at any time. If you make 2 legendary swords, regardless of if it’s a duplicate or gen 1 vs. gen 2, you get 2 swords to use in templates across characters. If you are saying you can get an extra copy for a fee, the cost better be like 1500 g or you just devalued the process of making a legendary. Runes and sigils would be the same way. 1 copy vs 7 copies of runes you need to make is a big difference, and I don’t see that changing because it will have a pretty big impact on economy. Just making templates to begin with will impact economy to a certain level. People won’t make extra legendary sets of armor, but it will persuade some people to make legendaries.

All I am saying with this is if you craft one legendary sword, you get access to one copy across any character and template that you can use at any time. If you make 2 legendary swords, regardless of if it’s a duplicate or gen 1 vs. gen 2, you get 2 swords to use in templates across characters. If you are saying you can get an extra copy for a fee, the cost better be like 1500 g or you just devalued the process of making a legendary. Runes and sigils would be the same way. 1 copy vs 7 copies of runes you need to make is a big difference, and I don’t see that changing because it will have a pretty big impact on economy. Just making templates to begin with will impact economy to a certain level. People won’t make extra legendary sets of armor, but it will persuade some people to make legendaries.

So simply make it so that you can't get TWO copies of the same legendary. Boom, problem solved, you need to craft a second legendary sword. And in order to not have it swapped around characters all the time, simply have ever character get one copy per registered legendary on that account. Everythings else makes the arsenal obsolete.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@Arcaniaxs.4519 said:Legendary armory is coming after alliances update

Both of which will come out with the next expansion as a selling point to it. Or at least if you set that as a target it might be less on the mind if if shows up earlier.

Yep, along with Jeweller 500, I'd say. They'd look better as bullet points on the expansion feature lists.

@Pifil.5193 said:

Both of which will come out with the next expansion as a selling point to it. Or at least if you set that as a target it might be less on the mind if if shows up earlier.

Yep, along with Jeweller 500, I'd say. They'd look better as bullet points on the expansion feature lists.

I would not bet against that either. It follows a pattern. Expansion material was being readied, mgt says expansion is out, let's do it via living story instead, some plans are shared, mgt says expansion is back on, now those items that were pre-expansion are moved back to it since it looks better as part of the expansion as value-adds. Which to be fair, core selling items and value adds are what make expansions good, but if you pull them out as stand alones they don't shine as well. Expansion are about bursts of content that take players some time to say, what else is in there. It adds to the discovery and makes them say what else have I not found. Now that's outside of the people that will rush thru everything missing things and then saying, that's it?

@Pifil.5193 said:

I still don’t get why legendary armory should be considered as being a feature of the next expansion. It’s proposed as an UPDATE to the existing template system, which should have been in my mind released with the template system. But, the template system is core game so why should an update to the template system be locked out by expansion? Doesn’t make much sense to me.

I still don’t get why legendary armory should be considered as being a feature of the next expansion. It’s proposed as an UPDATE to the existing template system, which should have been in my mind released with the template system. But, the template system is core game so why should an update to the template system be locked out by expansion? Doesn’t make much sense to me.

Well, scavenger hunts for precursors were originally proposed for core back in 2013, IIRC, and they became an actual HoT feature, locked behind the mastery system.

Stronghold and PvP leagues for sPvP and the Desert Borderlands for WvW were all marketed as coming with HoT along with some UI Improvements. In this case they shipped a bunch of features together that didn't actually require the expansion to pad out the expansion feature list.

I think that it's equally likely that the Legendary Armory, Alliances and Jeweller 500 will be similarly marketed as coming with EoD to pad out the feature list for that expansion but you will not actually be required to purchase the expansion to gain access to them.

They just arrive at the same time to increase the appeal to new and returning players. Put it this way, which will create more of a splash; Alliances released on some Tuesday night or Alliances released along with all the other content in a new expansion?

@Pifil.5193 said:

Well, scavenger hunts for precursors were originally proposed for core back in 2013, IIRC, and they became an actual HoT feature, locked behind the mastery system.

Stronghold and PvP leagues for sPvP and the Desert Borderlands for WvW were all marketed as coming with HoT along with some UI Improvements. In this case they shipped a bunch of features together that didn't actually require the expansion to pad out the expansion feature list.

I think that it's equally likely that the Legendary Armory, Alliances and Jeweller 500 will be similarly marketed as coming with EoD to pad out the feature list for that expansion but you will not actually be required to purchase the expansion to gain access to them.

They just arrive at the same time to increase the appeal to new and returning players. Put it this way, which will create more of a splash; Alliances released on some Tuesday night or Alliances released along with all the other content in a new expansion?

Ah that makes sense. Perhaps they annouce a 3rd gen to entice players to craft them too.