Why is the human female dialogue so bad?

Male Charr voice got worse than the 'core' voice we had earlier. Sounds like it went through a lot of effects, making the character seem like he's about to burp or vomit.I really hope they give a less 'annoying' voice to male Charr, something similar to Pyre/Rytlock, but we know that'll never happen most likely... x_x

Male Human, Female Sylvari, Male Norn and Asura both genders are my favorite voices in game :)

• Haha 1

@Blur.3465 said:Male Charr voice got worse than the 'core' voice we had earlier. Sounds like it went through a lot of effects, making the character seem like he's about to burp or vomit.I really hope they give a less 'annoying' voice to male Charr, something similar to Pyre/Rytlock, but we know that'll never happen most likely... x_x

Male Human, Female Sylvari, Male Norn and Asura both genders are my favorite voices in game :)

The new charr voice is different voice actor and I do not mind it so much. Though the core game charr voice is just love.

My least favourite are human male and norn voices.

Because sexism is so ingrained that people dont even know when they do it. Making female characters that sound like they are pmsing all the time, or animations that are flirty sexy cutesy, yeah im this veteran warrior that has slayed countless foes. My blades run red with my enemies blood!...oh poo i broke a nail

Female characters still have a long way to go to be seen as more than male fantasy.

• Haha 1

@"Tiviana.2650" said:Because sexism is so ingrained that people dont even know when they do it. Making female characters that sound like they are pmsing all the time, or animations that are flirty sexy cutesy, yeah im this veteran warrior that has slayed countless foes. My blades run red with my enemies blood!...oh poo i broke a nail

Female characters still have a long way to go to be seen as more than male fantasy.

Oh please. Nobody's forcing the female human VA to sound that way - they don't stick her in a recording booth and say "Now act like the object of a 'male fantasy' or you're out of a job!" It's the way she chooses to read her lines.Of course, some people will love her voice acting, and others will hate it, for varying reasons. 'Tis all subjective, I suppose.

I love the human female voice acting. Not only is the voice acting excellent, she really sounds like a commander; powerful and charismatic. I think it's a perfect fit and my favorite of all playable character voices I heard.

@Tiviana.2650 said:Because sexism is so ingrained that people dont even know when they do it. Making female characters that sound like they are pmsing all the time, or animations that are flirty sexy cutesy, yeah im this veteran warrior that has slayed countless foes. My blades run red with my enemies blood!...oh poo i broke a nail

Due to my experiences, I feel very uncomfortable around adult male strangers. The problem, however, lies with MY perception of adult males, not with adult males themselves. It would be foolish for me to act aggressively toward all adult males because of my perception. If powerful voice acting sounds sexist (and sexism seems so ingrained), perhaps the problem is with your perception and not others? Also, PMS is a completely natural occurrence and not fit to be used in a sexist way.

Real sexism is a problem. But paranoid people imagining issues where there isn't one and creating problems is also a problem.

This is subjective - I personally kind of like the human female voice acting, but it kind of feels like I’m being locked down the “dignity” personality route when I would prefer a more “charming” or “ferocious” character… so for me, the voice are “passable”.

I personally can't stand some of the other accents like Nolan North (Human Male) and Jennifer Hale (Female Sylvari), even though I’ve enjoyed their other accents in other works. I can’t really explain why, but their voices just make me cringe, so I tend to avoid these characters.

Allow me to disagree, it isn't particularly bad. The problem is, most of the other options are just that much better or more distinct-feeling, making it feel "bad" in comparison. I feel that all of the VA's do a fantastic job of expressing what the character is doing or feeling, while staying as neutral as possible so the players can still project themselves into the role. That's not an easy thing to do (and why we have such a large supporting cast). I also believe that there is room for improvement from each of them (a problem more with the job itself than the individual performances). Whether or not you, personally, enjoy the styles and performances is entirely subjective.

For the record, my personal favorite is the Female Asura. (She's just so darn sassy!)

I don't agree with the OP. The human female voice acting isn't "bad" in my opinion; it just isn't better than okay.

What I find interesting is that no matter which voice actor someone picks, there are players that love love love it, and others that hate it to the point that they'll refuse to play that race/gender combination.

Me? I won't play female norn; if I never hear "new land; new land" again, it would still be too soon. (I don't like the VA's live action work either.) But Claudia Christian has intense fans (to be fair, mostly men of the certain age that would have had them watching Babylon 5 in their formative years). And I love both the asura voices, which some can't stand.

In the end, it's just a matter of personal taste.

@Faowri.4159 said:I really hate VA changes with all my being though.Documented VA changes on the wiki:

• Rox: originally voiced by Rachel Robinson; by Misty Lee since LS4.2.
  • Charr PC/Male: originally voiced by Ron Yuan; by Lex Lang (announced July 2016; not sure which episode was LL's first).
  • General Almorra Soulkeeper: originally voiced by Jayne Taini; Courtenay Taylor starting with LS4.1 (she already was the voice of Ellen Kiel).
  • Glint: Susan Silo in GW1; not sure of the VA in PoF story; Joceylyn Blue since LS4.4

@Faowri.4159 said:This was an unexpected opinion to hear. I really like the human female VA. I think she nails the long-suffering, exasperated but determined Commander. I'd be pretty miffed if she was swapped out. I really hate VA changes with all my being though. Rox was bad enough.

Same here. Chose Nobel path, go trough dialogues with Lord Faren and fell in love with the voice acting.