"No downstate" better not become a permanent feature...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Bezerker.2379" said:Yeah. I spent way too many gems on finishers to have them make no downstate permanent.

Thats why Anet should turn them into Novelties or an emote. They could arguably make more money that way because it would give PvE players a reason to buy them and use them while also allowing for them to remove Downed State and rally and rework the whole "revive" system as a whole. Which is what people want out of removing downed state and rally. People dislike it because as the state of the game is now...its a problem, redundant and really just not healthy for PvP. A better revive system would do wonders for revitalizing it.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

@"Bezerker.2379" said:Yeah. I spent way too many gems on finishers to have them make no downstate permanent.

Thats why Anet should turn them into Novelties or an emote. They could arguably make more money that way because it would give PvE players a reason to buy them and use them while also allowing for them to remove Downed State and rally and rework the whole "revive" system as a whole. Which is what people want out of removing downed state and rally. People dislike it because as the state of the game is now...its a problem, redundant and really just not healthy for PvP. A better revive system would do wonders for revitalizing it.

Dunno. I much prefer the down state system. I play this game because of its unique pvp mechanics. Down state is one of those that I really like.

@Bezerker.2379 said:

@Bezerker.2379 said:Yeah. I spent way too many gems on finishers to have them make no downstate permanent.

Dunno. I much prefer the down state system. I play this game because of its unique pvp mechanics. Down state is one of those that I really like.

Sure, but why? If it can be accomplished in another way, a better way, that would allow for much healthier counterplay, wouldn't you also enjoy that?

For instance, if they added and reworked existing res skills, like Battle Standard, to revive 1 player and be on a 5 minute cooldown then in a group someone could still bring their teammate back into the fight but would still allow for the enemy to counterplay either by trying to pressure their allies away from their body or to pressure harder after they revive them because they know that the revive skill is on cooldown.

It also still allows for those "clutch" res moments and makes bringing allies back into the fight to be a bit more tactical and meaningful even in zergs, seeing as zergs already basically nullify downed state anyway. You go down during a bomb in zerg vs zerg then you're dead anyway usually.

I don't want them to get rid of revives, I just want it to not purely favor more numbers in outnumbered situations such as 2v3, 2v4, 2v5, 3v5, 1v4, 1v3, etc. I'd much rather those groups be required to bring along a res skill to do what they typically do, but actually have healthier counterplay to it.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

@Bezerker.2379 said:Yeah. I spent way too many gems on finishers to have them make no downstate permanent.

Sure, but why? If it can be accomplished in another way, a better way, that would allow for much healthier counterplay, wouldn't you also enjoy that?

For instance, if they added and reworked existing res skills, like Battle Standard, to revive 1 player and be on a 5 minute cooldown then in a group someone could still bring their teammate back into the fight but would still allow for the enemy to counterplay either by trying to pressure their allies away from their body or to pressure harder after they revive them because they
know
that the revive skill is on cooldown.

It also still allows for those "clutch" res moments and makes bringing allies back into the fight to be a bit more tactical and meaningful even in zergs, seeing as zergs already basically nullify downed state anyway. You go down during a bomb in zerg vs zerg then you're dead anyway usually.

I don't want them to get rid of revives, I just want it to not purely favor more numbers in outnumbered situations such as 2v3, 2v4, 2v5, 3v5, 1v4, 1v3, etc. I'd much rather those groups be required to bring along a res skill to do what they typically do, but actually have healthier counterplay to it.

Maybe I'm odd, but I enjoy the downstate and the fact I have to work to either stomp or work effectively to cleave out a down in numbers situations. Getting someone back up is only part of the fun. The challenge of getting someone finished while they are reviving, or dodging the few interrupts down states have is just fun to me.

They are effectively useless while downed (except revs and necros, which hit likea truck when downed heh). If their team tries to res and doesn't have a powe res char, it's easy cleave time.

Sure, i've had my moments of "Crap. I downed him but couldn't get the stomp" many times, but overall, I found that far more interesting than the whole current "wait for warclaw stomp".

@Bezerker.2379 said:

For instance, if they added and reworked existing res skills, like Battle Standard, to revive 1 player and be on a 5 minute cooldown then in a group someone could still bring their teammate back into the fight but would still allow for the enemy to counterplay either by trying to pressure their allies away from their body or to pressure harder after they revive them because they
know
that the revive skill is on cooldown.

Maybe I'm odd, but I enjoy the downstate and the fact I have to work to either stomp or work effectively to cleave out a down in numbers situations. Getting someone back up is only part of the fun. The challenge of getting someone finished while they are reviving, or dodging the few interrupts down states have is just fun to me.

They are effectively useless while downed (except revs and necros, which hit likea truck when downed heh). If their team tries to res and doesn't have a powe res char, it's easy cleave time.

Sure, i've had my moments of "kitten. I downed him but couldn't get the stomp" many times, but overall, I found that far more interesting than the whole current "wait for warclaw stomp".

I and many others don't enjoy it. Downed State kind of effectively ruins otherwise winnable outnumbered fights. It just adds another layer of tedium to dealing with it especially with the further strengthening of healers in the game what with both Tempest and Revenant getting buffs to their healing as of the last patch.

@Bezerker.2379 said:

It's just temporary. Anet has done this no downstate thing before, and it only lasts a few weeks. Regular downstate will return, as it always has.

personally, i love getting killed on my mount before i even hit the ground from the dismount.

on a side note, if soulbeasts get a 40% damage modifier why can't everyone else? fair's fair right?

2.8k armor 20k health. rapid fire+one wolf pack just killed me before i even hit the ground. i love that the counterplay to this is.... stay 2k range from any and every structure?

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:What we learned since the announcements: Engi players are the most likely to complain about such a little thing. You're not alienated in the slightest. What about all the other stomp mechanics people can pull off? Are those alienated as well?

Tell you what. Let's have an event where your unique class/spec mechanic is disabled for a week, while nobody else's is:
  • Necro gets no reaper shroud or sand shade abilities
  • Mesmer gets no continuum split or mirage cloak
  • Ele can't overcharge or dual attune
  • Warrior gets no extra burst skills
  • Guardian only gets the core F-skills
  • Revenant can't swap legends
  • Thief gets no extra dodges or deadeye mark.
  • Ranger can't CA or SB form
  • Holo can't enter PF.

Well, we have something similar, going from more than one year, day by day. I mean, the
UNIQUE
Chronomancer characteristic - the Alacrity - has been shared with other classes, the Engineer being one of the new users. But, despite the Chronomancer, the original owner and the
UNIQUE
user of this, who should equip a specialization to be able to use it, the Engineers and Revenants can use Alacrity from core.

To come back - a sollution to the issue reported here can be to give the Gyros to other classes too. Accesible from core if possible. Then, no Engineer will complain about his downstate mechanic. Because others will have it denied also.

This is a non-starter argument. Alacrity is not chrono's unique mechanic, continuum split is.

@Slick.7164 said:Think it temporary and at least its a change. JC> kitten about engis, think they need more buff LOL And go watch some Soulbeast videos too I think ranger and engi should both get perma stealth while attacking js

I'm not asking for buffs. I'm saying this event hurts scrapper specifically, but ArenaNet has done it twice now.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:What we learned since the announcements: Engi players are the most likely to complain about such a little thing. You're not alienated in the slightest. What about all the other stomp mechanics people can pull off? Are those alienated as well?

Tell you what. Let's have an event where your unique class/spec mechanic is disabled for a week, while nobody else's is:
  • Holo can't enter PF.

Well, we have something similar, going from more than one year, day by day. I mean, the
UNIQUE
Chronomancer characteristic - the Alacrity - has been shared with other classes, the Engineer being one of the new users. But, despite the Chronomancer, the original owner and the
UNIQUE
user of this, who should equip a specialization to be able to use it, the Engineers and Revenants can use Alacrity from core.

To come back - a sollution to the issue reported here can be to give the Gyros to other classes too. Accesible from core if possible. Then, no Engineer will complain about his downstate mechanic. Because others will have it denied also.

This is a non-starter argument. Alacrity is not chrono's unique mechanic, continuum split is.

@Slick.7164 said:Think it temporary and at least its a change. JC> kitten about engis, think they need more buff LOL And go watch some Soulbeast videos too I think ranger and engi should both get perma stealth while attacking js

I'm not asking for buffs. I'm saying this event hurts scrapper specifically, but ArenaNet has done it twice now.

And as long as the Gankers keep crying for it, they will continue to do so. I haven't logged in this week and don't plan on it as I hate not having the Downed State. Not because I hate dying or suck at WvW, but because I hate all the 1 hit wonders that this event brings out. Thieves and Mesmers come out in DROVES during this event with their Stealth 1 Hit Kill Builds.

This no downstate is a horrible feature. Might as well go play a FPS. Noobs are specing maximum power damage and roaming to gank people. This is not fun unless you are the ganker. Very soon you run out of victims and WvW will die even faster.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Sorry, but read/watch the promo for HoT. It's about Alacrity. Not even a single word about CS.The Alacrity is the UNIQUE .... thing so wild and dangerous that the mesmers cannot use it if they are not qualified Chronomancers. Few months later any revenant, even a fresh starter and any Engineer were able to use Alacrity.

Again, I keep my suggestion - give the gyros to other classes too (without taking something from that classes). In this way the Engineers cannot complain they are the only affected by this kind of event.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:personally, i love getting killed on my mount before i even hit the ground from the dismount.

on a side note, if soulbeasts get a 40% damage modifier why can't everyone else? fair's fair right?

2.8k armor 20k health. rapid fire+one wolf pack just killed me before i even hit the ground. i love that the counterplay to this is.... stay 2k range from any and every structure?

Can the rangers have their week of fun? Your other classes will easily get the other 51 weeks of the year.

@Luna.8691 said:This no downstate is a horrible feature. Might as well go play a FPS. Noobs are specing maximum power damage and roaming to gank people. This is not fun unless you are the ganker. Very soon you run out of victims and WvW will die even faster.

Power noobs are very predictable as they run meta rotations. If you cant beat them after the 1st or 2nd encounter, you may need to change your tactic (not you specifically, but you as in anyone who complains about losing to these noobs)

@Vagrant.7206 said:

• Holo can't enter PF.

UNIQUE
UNIQUE

While I obv cannot claim this is event is a buff for scrapper, I have been ran mine for a while in the event and have rarely come across a time I thought (man....wish I could use my function gyro).

Maybe its about experience...maybe im used to running solo/duo so I dont use it often (say vs a zergling who uses it all the time) ...who knows.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

• Holo can't enter PF.

UNIQUE
UNIQUE

While I obv cannot claim this is event is a buff for scrapper, I have been ran mine for a while in the event and have rarely come across a time I thought (man....wish I could use my function gyro).

Maybe its about experience...maybe im used to running solo/duo so I dont use it often (say vs a zergling who uses it all the time) ...who knows.

Most folks don't miss it cause 90% of the time it doesn't work anyway.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

Sorry, but read/watch the promo for HoT. It's about Alacrity. Not even a single word about CS.The Alacrity is the
UNIQUE
.... thing so wild and dangerous that the mesmers cannot use it if they are not qualified Chronomancers. Few months later any revenant, even a fresh starter and any Engineer were able to use Alacrity.

Again, I keep my suggestion - give the gyros to other classes too (without taking something from that classes). In this way the Engineers cannot complain they are the only affected by this kind of event.

Wow, talk about a persecution complex. Alacrity is a buff, not a mechanic. Tell you what -- give everyone continuum split, and we'll call it even.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

• Holo can't enter PF.

UNIQUE
UNIQUE

In WvW, function gyro is pretty much ignorable in large groups, because the gyro will get destroyed very quickly. But in small group roaming it can keep teammates alive or finish enemies at critical points. The trouble is that the mechanic is already so weak it has barely any use cases, and then they throw this event on top of it and claim that they are not excluding anyone.

It's an event it won't be permanent. As a roamer/havoc and a scrapper, am enjoying it. Creates more incentive to hit larger forced since you can tear some holes in the group. Now wouldn't mind trying a defeated have to respawn event, think that would be interesting to see how it impacted the havoc versus zerg mechanic.