The WvW Skirmish Reward Track Takes Far Too Long To Complete

Kori Jenkins.9017

3 hours ago, Kori Jenkins.9017 said:

By far the biggest problem is the 5 minute arbitrary timer to wait. Simply put, this should not be the only way to earn pips whilst being active in WvW, yet it is. Capturing objectives should reward, at minimum, 1 pip. If people want to say this will favor larger better servers, fine, whatever, I really don't care. I care far more about what it earns everyone instead of the 1% that benefit slightly more. 

... you know capturing objectives is also on a minimum 5 minute timer to wait, right? Buffed lords and all that. 

Got to love how you call one of the most important parts of the core WvW gameplay design - something the community pushed through for the devs to change btw as it was much longer originally  - as something "arbitrary". 

44 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

... you know capturing objectives is also on a minimum 5 minute timer to wait, right? Buffed lords and all that. 

Got to love how you call one of the most important parts of the core WvW gameplay design - something the community pushed through for the devs to change btw as it was much longer originally  - as something "arbitrary". 

Can you imagine how the established guilds would respond to this….?

I mean, the epic aspects of what amounts to a worse Karma train, with troll squads just waiting for people to break in…

I mean, they do it now.  It would be so much worse….

You know, it's odd that this should come up. I've been playing WvW very recently, with the commitment of getting skirmisher tickets for the legendary armor, but even with that, I've managed to get to Diamond. I'm not even past Rank 120 and I'm doing well, being casual about it since I can get burned out on WvW relatively easily, even while having fun. Plus, sometimes it's hard to find a willing commander to run stuff with, so I have to solo things. A good way for me to get pips is to actively find a map that is outnumbered for us, do some activity to keep my participation up and just gain pips. Usually getting around 9 or so. It really works well and again, I'm just being casual about it. I have about 2 days before the chest resets and I intend to make the most of that time and finish Diamond. You'd be surprised what you can accomplish with the right amount of determination, even as a casual in any game mode.

• Thanks 4

14 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

20-25 hours is much more realistic, and as mentioned, that is only for clearing diamond, which is not needed.

I'll preface this by saying I play WvW because I like it, not to get any sort of reward (especially Legendary armour). It's the only game mode I currently play, although I'm relatively new to the mode.

I average roughly 3-4 hours playtime per week (life commitments, I get on every chance I can). Every bit of that is spent in WvW. If I play at my usual maximum of 4hrs/week (which is the high end of my estimate) in WvW, and go with your estimate of 20hrs/week (which is the low end of your estimate) needed for peak efficiency, instead of 22 weeks I'd be looking at 110 weeks (over 2 years) to obtain full legendary gear.

That isn't necessarily an issue for me - I'm playing WvW because it's the mode I've chosen to enjoy - but thinking about that is pretty funny in a sad sort of way. Legendary armour is definitely something that someone should have to work toward, as it's ultimately unnecessary but a great endgame goal....and while you indeed make progress toward obtaining it passively, I can understand why some people would find the amount of time needed discouraging (even if Legendary armour is not the main reason for playing WvW....I guess it's that mentality of it being there but out of grasp if you know what I mean??).

Ultimately I don't have anything constructive to add, as I don't have any ideas toward a better system. It's too easy to say "just make progress faster"....I feel like that affects multiple things (although that could be a positive, as I think the general consensus is that gold earning potential in WvW could use at least a slight boost) so is a trickier balance than some might initially admit.

• Thanks 1

On 8/23/2021 at 1:18 AM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I'm doing it for legendary armor right now.  22 weeks at 24 hours a week is pretty brutal.  I don't see how any normal person is reasonably expected to accomplish this, since it is essentially a part-time job on top of whatever else they do. 

WvW legendary armor was introduced as a way to reward WvW players and let them obtain legendary gear without having to PvP or PvE.  It's not meant to be something you "farm".  If you love playing WvW, just enjoy your time playing and don't worry about the farm.  Before you know it, you'll be able to craft it.  If you don't enjoy WvW and just want to get some cheap legendary gear, then I would suggest getting it another way. 

Edited by SWI.4127
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, SWI.4127 said:

WvW legendary armor was introduced as a way to reward WvW players and let them obtain legendary gear without having to PvP or PvE.  It's not meant to be something you "farm".  If you love playing WvW, just enjoy your time playing and don't worry about the farm.  Before you know it, you'll be able to craft it.  If you don't enjoy WvW and just want to get some cheap legendary gear, then I would suggest getting it another way. 

Responding to unreasonably high costs with "well, you're not supposed to try and get it" doesn't make those costs suddenly reasonable.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Responding to unreasonably high costs with "well, you're not supposed to try and get it" doesn't make those costs suddenly reasonable.  

Under the assumption that it is unreasonable.

Out of curiousity, how long would it take if you do 2 raids a week for 3 sets of PvE armor? Its unreasonable to me to do more than 2 raids so lets leave it at that - nobody want to bother with that crap. 3 months per armor set at a total 9 months sound reasonable. Whats it at?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The rewards in WvW are time gated since some players have consistently abused reward systems in the past (Edge of the Mists karma trains for WXP, Obsidian Sanctum Ultimate Dominator farm, stacking servers for Tournaments).

I do not expect any changes to the reward system until after alliances are implemented.

4 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

My point was that it's not meant to be farmed in a week or two like most collections in this game.  It's a nod to long-time players and long-time goal if WvW is your main game mode.  It's not "unreasonably high" if you are a WvW player. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Under the assumption that it is unreasonable.

Out of curiousity, how long would it take if you do 2 raids a week for 3 sets of PvE armor? Its unreasonable to me to do more than 2 raids so lets leave it at that - nobody want to bother with that crap. 3 months per armor set at a total 9 months sound reasonable. Whats it at?

If someone responds with "don't farm, just do wvw because you enjoy it," and "use other methods to acquire legendary armor,"  that in itself is an implicit agreement between both parties that the costs are too high.  I don't buy these arguments because they are distractions, and they do not actually address the problem.  A proper solution would be to reduce the costs, or increase the rewards, or rework the system.

You're a third wheel here, and your analogy doesn't make sense.  You're claiming to be obtuse, deliberately dodging any justifications while making impositions upon me, and you're not even making a proper comparison between different game modes.  I know you're smarting than this, so stop wasting everyone's time.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

If someone responds with "don't farm, just do wvw because you enjoy it," and "use other methods to acquire legendary armor,"  that in itself is an implicit agreement between both parties that the costs are too high.  I don't buy these arguments because they are distractions, and they do not actually address the problem.  A proper solution would be to reduce the costs, or increase the rewards, or rework the system.

You're a third wheel here, and your analogy doesn't make sense.  You're claiming to be obtuse, deliberately dodging any justifications while making impositions upon me, and you're not even making a proper comparison between different game modes.  I know you're smarting than this, so stop wasting everyone's time.  

Why cant I get an answer how long it takes 😞

43 minutes ago, SWI.4127 said:

My point was that it's not meant to be farmed in a week or two like most collections in this game.  It's a nod to long-time players and long-time goal if WvW is your main game mode.  It's not "unreasonably high" if you are a WvW player. 

I am a WvW player.  Have been for awhile.  I spent my skirmish tickets on other things, mostly because Legendary Armor wasn't worth it without the armory or the build system. 

Making WvW Legendary armor require a part-time job for 22 weeks minimum is by and far the grindiest thing in this game.  If we're going to just disregard time allowances and real life commitments, consider this:  By making WvW players spend so much more time in both absolute hours and time-gated systems to acquire functionally the same item that PVErs and PVPers can get, Anet is effectively saying that WvW players are not worth rewarding. 

Any time spent in WvW is the least productive time you can invest into this game.  It doesn't matter if those hours were spent before the release of the armors or after.  Doesn't matter if you have a wallet brimming with skirmish tickets, or if you're just starting.  It's all the same inefficient, unrewarding, disregarded time.  Anet should have more respect for their WvW players than to make the game mode so unrewarding, and yet everything so expensive.  Rewards meant for "Long-time players" is just a soft appeal to distract you from a raw deal, like when Eve online tried to get players to spend $70 on a pair of sunglasses for their avatar.

I'm not asking for the world here.  I'm asking for one, maybe two things: a reduction in absolute time spent in WvW, and maybe a reduction in the week count.  Getting either one of these would make your time as a WvW player more rewarding.  

Edited by Blood Red Arachnid.2493

35 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I am a WvW player.  Have been for awhile.  I spent my skirmish tickets on other things, mostly because Legendary Armor wasn't worth it without the armory or the build system. 

Except, you are not. Most WvW players who have been with the mode are no where near 20+ hours per week for diamond by WvW rank alone. To most WvW players I know, tickets are not an issue and haven't been for a while. To those players worth keeping in the mode, they never were.

If you spent your tickets on other things, then you were rewarded adequately or at least in a way you chose to get rewarded. Buyers remorse is seldom a good argument.

Adding both of those together, and assuming a VERY low WvW rank of Silver Rank (620), which barely qualifies as WvW player, or Gold Rank (1395), which is far more realistic for players who have dabbled in WvW over the years without going hardcore into the mode, puts you at sub 20 hours easy per week for diamond (and again, getting diamond is NOT a necessity for people with time constraints. We are already talking farming mentality here, unless you are enjoying your time in the mode, at which point it becomes a non issue).

Making WvW Legendary armor require a part-time job for 22 weeks minimum is by and far the grindiest thing in this game.  If we're going to just disregard time allowances and real life commitments, consider this:  By making WvW players spend so much more time in both absolute hours and time-gated systems to acquire functionally the same item that PVErs and PVPers can get, Anet is effectively saying that WvW players are not worth rewarding. 

It's gated, similar as how Spvp and PvE are gated, just in a more fitting way in relation to how the mode rewards participation.

On a similar note, the PvE armors used to be far longer than 22 weeks. In fact my first 150 LI took over a year to acquire. It was not uncommon for 300 LI armors to take 20 weeks or more. In fact, for many PvE players the 2nd or 3rd legendary armor still takes around 20+ weeks in PvE, since many players only do wings 1-4. The main issue here is that the developers implemented reward changes without long term perspectives in mind (the entire LD and LI fiasko) and with a minimum amount of foresight, could have kept PvE armors at 20+ weeks.

The 22 weeks is not something the developers are likely to change. Going by all 3 modes, it's pretty much where they have placed all legendary armors at. Pointless to complain really.

Any time spent in WvW is the least productive time you can invest into this game.  It doesn't matter if those hours were spent before the release of the armors or after.  Doesn't matter if you have a wallet brimming with skirmish tickets, or if you're just starting.  It's all the same inefficient, unrewarding, disregarded time.  Anet should have more respect for their WvW players than to make the game mode so unrewarding, and yet everything so expensive.  Rewards meant for "Long-time players" is just a soft appeal to distract you from a raw deal, like when Eve online tried to get players to spend $70 on a pair of sunglasses for their avatar.

It's called having fun. Fun does not always have to yield the highest return per hour. I;d even go so far: if it keeps players out who only want the rewards, I personally am more than happy to get a bit less rewards per hour.

I'm not asking for the world here.  I'm asking for one, maybe two things: a reduction in absolute time spent in WvW, and maybe a reduction in the week count.  Getting either one of these would make your time as a WvW player more rewarding.  

Yes, all you are asking for is reduce the incentive for players to play the mode from the perspective of someone who by his own definition does not want to spend time in the mode. Are you surprised  you are getting push-back over such a de-constructive demand?

Oh and rewards for the mode can be increased in a multitude of ways, most of which have NOTHING to do with skirmish tickets or the diamond chest. Interesting how you decided not to weigh in any of those other reward options but only demand faster progress to legendary armor.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

All legendary take time to obtain. You play WvW to have fun. I LOVE WvW and PVE. I find my self in WvW A LOT! Because I enjoy it. And when you enjoy something, the time it takes to obtain leggy armor becomes a moot point. I have a full set of light armor and Im working on Heavy now. Just play WvW and enjoy the mode. The mats will come to you while you are having fun. If you are not having fun in WvW. Then maybe raids are more your style.  Or go for multiple sets of ascended armor through Fractals. Same stats as leggy. Just cant change on the fly.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

It's gated, similar as how Spvp and PvE are gated, just in a more fitting way in relation to how the mode rewards participation.

On a similar note, the PvE armors used to be far longer than 22 weeks. In fact my first 150 LI took over a year to acquire. It was not uncommon for 300 LI armors to take 20 weeks or more. In fact, for many PvE players the 2nd or 3rd legendary armor still takes around 20+ weeks in PvE, since many players only do wings 1-4. The main issue here is that the developers implemented reward changes without long term perspectives in mind (the entire LD and LI fiasko) and with a minimum amount of foresight, could have kept PvE armors at 20+ weeks.

The 22 weeks is not something the developers are likely to change. Going by all 3 modes, it's pretty much where they have placed all legendary armors at. Pointless to complain really.

I completely disagree with the argument you're trying to make here. First off, it's pointless to bring up how long it used to take in the past. What matters now is how long it takes to earn the armor now. Actually, your post made me realize how ridiculously long it takes to earn the WvW leg armor compared to PvE.

For your first set of PvE armor, doing all raids every week will get you 25 LI per week (15 LI for wings 1-4 plus converting the 10 LD from wings 5-7). That means you can get the 150 LI needed for the armor in 6 weeks. With a group who understands the raid mechanics, you can easily get those raids done I would say by spending a couple hours 3-4 times a week, so maybe 6-8 hours total for the week. Note speed runs of all wings are done in less than 3 hours.

For WvW armor, clearing the skirmish track all the way through diamond every week will take 22 weeks minimum. As others in the thread have said, getting diamond will take 20+ hours per week depending on your rank. It is literally a part time job compared to PvE.

The time gating between PvE and WvW is worlds apart. WvW requires almost 4x as many weeks and at least 3x as much time (or more) per week. The difference is insane. To be more fair, I think the skirmish tickets should be more heavily weighted toward the early chests in the track. For example, you could get 365 tickets by the time you finish gold, and they could add more tickets to the track overall.

I know legendary armor should take some work to get, but players should be able to get their legendary armor within a reasonable time frame without having to dedicate their lives to a specific game mode. I like WvW, but I also want to do raids, fractals, metas, achievements, and work on leveling and learning other classes. I don't want to be a WvW slave to get the leg armor. Yes, I could just get the PvE armor. I already have everything I need for the full set, and I will probably get that by the time EoD drops if I still don't have the WvW set by then. However, the Legendary Envoy medium armor set looks like complete garbage, so here I am shooting for the WvW set that at least looks decent.

Edited by Fizz.9384
  • Like 1

Complaining about time is petty af. I like the raid comparison which assumes you are being carried by a competent group instead of going through progression and learning the raids from scratch. Trash raiders are going to have a rough time and need a carry, Trash WvW players can afk and get tickets. 

WvW legendries are FREE to WvW players. Source: I have made Light/heavy armor, 2 conflux and 2 Warbringings COMPLETELY passively playing WvW. No farming or grinding needed. And one day, Ill be bored and throw together Medium. 

Vision on the other hand. zzzz, 2 weeks ago I ran my first Ls4 meta...Hope Anet reduces the time it takes because I choose to never PvE and I'm way behind PvE players...what a joke. 

How would people feel if they reduced the Tickets but added Achievements? Like 100 SMC takes, WvW map completion, 100 defense events, kill 1000 yaks, take 100 camps, be rank 1000+, successfully run the orb to a owned objective?

Edit: Not surprised but its sad this thread turned from improving new player/low rank experience to "Free legendary armor takes to long and I deserve it"

Edited by Zikory.6871
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fizz.9384 said:

I completely disagree with the argument you're trying to make here. First off, it's pointless to bring up how long it used to take in the past. What matters now is how long it takes to earn the armor now. Actually, your post made me realize how ridiculously long it takes to earn the WvW leg armor compared to PvE.

For your first set of PvE armor, doing all raids every week will get you 25 LI per week (15 LI for wings 1-4 plus converting the 10 LD from wings 5-7). That means you can get the 150 LI needed for the armor in 6 weeks. With a group who understands the raid mechanics, you can easily get those raids done I would say by spending a couple hours 3-4 times a week, so maybe 6-8 hours total for the week. Note speed runs of all wings are done in less than 3 hours.

For WvW armor, clearing the skirmish track all the way through diamond every week will take 22 weeks minimum. As others in the thread have said, getting diamond will take 20+ hours per week depending on your rank. It is literally a part time job compared to PvE.

The time gating between PvE and WvW is worlds apart. WvW requires almost 4x as many weeks and at least 3x as much time (or more) per week. The difference is insane. To be more fair, I think the skirmish tickets should be more heavily weighted toward the early chests in the track. For example, you could get 365 tickets by the time you finish gold, and they could add more tickets to the track overall.

I know legendary armor should take some work to get, but players should be able to get their legendary armor within a reasonable time frame without having to dedicate their lives to a specific game mode. I like WvW, but I also want to do raids, fractals, metas, achievements, and work on leveling and learning other classes. I don't want to be a WvW slave to get the leg armor. Yes, I could just get the PvE armor. I already have everything I need for the full set, and I will probably get that by the time EoD drops if I still don't have the WvW set by then. However, the Legendary Envoy medium armor set looks like complete garbage, so here I am shooting for the WvW set that at least looks decent.

As some one who has cleared all raid wings weekly for multiple years by now, and spent significant time in WvW:

Feel free to take the PvE route. I even advised players should to do so earlier in this thread. Getting the PvE legendary armor is by far the fastest and easiest approch for any semi comoetent player with half a brain.

Even more good news: competent players clear all 7 wings in 3-4 hours. That's even less time investment per week than WvW.

I wonder why then so many players prefer afking or taking the WvW route which clearly are not interested in the mode? Why is the WvW armor of any consequence if PvE is so much faster and easier? Does this maybe have to do with the fact it CAN be afked brainlessly, and as such is balanced that way?

As to looks, what are you whining about? The ascended WvW armor has the same skin as the legendary. Craft the PvE one, get the WvW skins as ascended and be done with it (what was it, 4 weeks of diamond chest or so?) Why one would you go for WvW legendary armor when you have everything done in PvE and then complain about accessibility is beyond me. 

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

As some one who has cleared all raid wings weekly for multiple years by now, and spent significant time in WvW:

Feel free to take the PvE route. I even advised players should to do so earlier in this thread. Getting the PvE legendary armor is by far the fastest and easiest approch for any semi comoetent player with half a brain.

Even more good news: competent players clear all 7 wings in 3-4 hours. That's even less time investment per week than WvW.

I wonder why then so many players prefer afking or taking the WvW route which clearly are not interested in the mode? Why is the WvW armor of any consequence if PvE is so much faster and easier? Does this maybe have to do with the fact it CAN be afked brainlessly, and as such is balanced that way?

As to looks, what are you whining about? The ascended WvW armor has the same skin as the legendary. Craft the PvE one, get the WvW skins as ascended and be done with it (what was it, 4 weeks of diamond chest or so?) Why one would you go for WvW legendary armor when you have everything done in PvE and then complain about accessibility is beyond me. 

Why are you gate-keeping so hard for this? Is it going to hurt you somehow if the time-gate was made more realistic? My main point is that the Legendary WvW armor takes disproportionately long to get. So much longer that it's just plain stupid. I think it makes more sense for the time gates to be similar regardless of the difficulty of the content. Time spent is time spent. Raids can be brain dead as well if the group is experienced enough. Maybe ANET should focus on more interesting requirements (player kills, objective completions, etc) for getting the set as opposed to afking "brainlessly" as you describe, for months on end. Do you genuinely think a time gate that long is a good system? If it can be done brainlessly anyway, why does it matter if it takes months or weeks?

Think of it this way, if the time gate were shorter, that's less time you have to deal with brainless afkers ruining your WvW experience. They will afk in your maps for maybe 8 weeks instead of 22.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/25/2021 at 1:07 PM, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Let's get some facts straight here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Skirmish_Claim_Ticket

Finishing Gold chests only results in 132 tickets out of 365 total possible, roughly 36%.  You'd have to finish Platinum chests before you'd cross the 50% mark, which means nearly half of all tickets are locked behind the Mithril and Diamond chests.

Also, I recently started an alt account on TC...we're in last place this week, and so with zero rank, no outnumbered, but with wood chest earned the week before, it will take me 8.25 hours to finish just the Silver chests and another 4 hours on top of that to finish Gold.  So yes, noobs have it rough...as it stands, it is more efficient for new players to go farm LS3 currency for ascended trinkets/backpieces, or go run Fractals, than to continue earning skirmish tickets and memories of battle for the same ascended items in WvW.  And if you need to buy more Memories of Battle, they cost 30-40 times more on the TP than the PvP equivalent Shards of Glory...that's a whole 'nother discussion there.  If we want to have more new players get interested in and stay in WvW, something has to change.  After all, NA used to have 8 battle tiers in WvW instead of 4 tiers with links, and it seemed that Anet anticipated more interest in WvW when they released the larger DBL maps...but here we are.

Why would you link that?

Use the calculator. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Special:RunQuery/WvW_skirmish_pip_query?

Half of 365 is just under 183 which is ~11 hours with no WvW rank. If you're last place you're more likely to be outnumbered unless you sit in EBG queues all the time.

Also why do you think your alt should get legendary armor quicker than other players?

If anything the rewards in terms of mystic clovers and payoff for emblems could be looked at and grandmaster mark shards be replaced with grandmaster marks. Asking for skirmish tickets to made more easy (as opposed to linear acquisition per tier) is just a slap in the face to everyone that did it normally.

Also why are tickets all of a sudden an issue when people had no such issues with Warbringer (2800 tickets)?

---------

Plus I doubt people actually are WvW players if they keep complaining about "rewards versus other modes" and then suggest a reduction in skirmish tickets required. Why? WvW players used to lose gold per hour if commanding or upgrading structures or even repairing armor on death.

We're in a far better situation now, even omega golems are below 1 gold each.

However, the way to increase rewards is to increase payoff for things like emblems , not reducing skirmish ticket requirements. As Zikory pointed out, it's rather obvious people are only interested in legendary trinket/armor and not there for the sake of WvW.

Even beyond that, if people actually cared about WvW as a gamemode they would ask for a reduction in WvW mastery rank required (for warclaw/gliding/autoloot/supply running/cata mastery/etc) and not skirmish ticket requirements.

Examples of actually useful threads:
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/77663-emblem-of-avenger-and-conqueror/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/89722-add-in-daily-weekly-and-monthly-vendors-into-wvw/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/97037-item-list-that-should-be-added-to-the-skirmish-ticket-vendor/?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/74705-sell-emblems-of-the-avenger-for-other-wvw-currency/

(OLD) https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/20527-wvw-quality-of-life-requests/

Improving revenue streams:
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/73492-skins-for-towers-keeps-npc-guards-etc/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/88705-fix-wvw-and-monetize-siegeobjective-skins-over-transfers/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/61888-how-can-anet-monetize-wvw-more-without-being-p2w/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/49178-anet-needs-to-monetize-wvw-with-more-skins-going-forward

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/44512-monetizing-wvw-without-breaking-it/

(OLD) https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/16312-will-you-pay-gems-for-wvw-cosmetics/

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fizz.9384 said:

Why are you gate-keeping so hard for this? Is it going to hurt you somehow if the time-gate was made more realistic? My main point is that the Legendary WvW armor takes disproportionately long to get. So much longer that it's just plain stupid. I think it makes more sense for the time gates to be similar regardless of the difficulty of the content. Time spent is time spent. Raids can be brain dead as well if the group is experienced enough. Maybe ANET should focus on more interesting requirements (player kills, objective completions, etc) for getting the set as opposed to afking "brainlessly" as you describe, for months on end. Do you genuinely think a time gate that long is a good system? If it can be done brainlessly anyway, why does it matter if it takes months or weeks?

Think of it this way, if the time gate were shorter, that's less time you have to deal with brainless afkers ruining your WvW experience. They will afk in your maps for maybe 8 weeks instead of 22.

I am "gate-keeping" because I actually consider the ramifications of design decisions. 99% of most players do not. All they see or think about is:"I want, thus it should be give to me".

Currently there is some semblance of balance between the game modes and legendary armor. One approach requires cooperations and significant knowledge (raids/PvE, or significant pay to others, which I might not agree with but which has been with the franchise since GW1), another is significantly time gated (Spvp) and the last one allows near permanent progress at a lengthy timeframe.

In fact, an individual which wanted to get 3 legendary armor sets at once, can do so at significant time investement in less than 6 months of real time (going for all 3 sets at the same time).

The fact most players limit themselves does not have to get taken account design wise. That's personal preference.

What then? Has anyone here actually considered the ramifications of easier and faster access to legendary armor beyond the:"I don't have it yet and totally want it now! NOW!!!"? 

EoD will release in aproximately 6 months. More than enough time for any one dedicated to acquire one or multiple sets (has anyone in this thread considered how fast it is to acquire a legendary set when playing multiple game modes? Even just doing some spvp and wvw without any pve raiding gets you a full set very fast).

That's why there is no reason to speed up the process. Besides all the arguments of how actual longterm goals are healthy for game modes. Legendary armor should remain a longterm goal, no matter how much some player complain in the shortterm.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Why would you link that?

Use the calculator. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Special:RunQuery/WvW_skirmish_pip_query?

Half of 365 is just under 183 which is ~11 hours with no WvW rank. If you're last place you're more likely to be outnumbered unless you sit in EBG queues all the time.

Also why do you think your alt should get legendary armor quicker than other players?

If anything the rewards in terms of mystic clovers and payoff for emblems could be looked at and grandmaster mark shards be replaced with grandmaster marks. Asking for skirmish tickets to made more easy (as opposed to linear acquisition per tier) is just a slap in the face to everyone that did it normally.

Also why are tickets all of a sudden an issue when people had no such issues with Warbringer (2800 tickets)?

---------

Plus I doubt people actually are WvW players if they keep complaining about "rewards versus other modes" and then suggest a reduction in skirmish tickets required. Why? WvW players used to lose gold per hour if commanding or upgrading structures or even repairing armor on death.

However, the way to increase rewards is to increase payoff for things like emblems , not reducing skirmish ticket requirements. As Zikory pointed out, it's rather obvious people are only interested in legendary trinket/armor and not there for the sake of WvW.

Even beyond that, if people actually cared about WvW as a gamemode they would ask for a reduction in WvW mastery rank required for and not skirmish ticket requirements.

Examples of actually useful threads:
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/77663-emblem-of-avenger-and-conqueror/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/89722-add-in-daily-weekly-and-monthly-vendors-into-wvw/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/97037-item-list-that-should-be-added-to-the-skirmish-ticket-vendor/?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/74705-sell-emblems-of-the-avenger-for-other-wvw-currency/

(OLD) https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/20527-wvw-quality-of-life-requests/

Improving revenue streams:
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/73492-skins-for-towers-keeps-npc-guards-etc/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/88705-fix-wvw-and-monetize-siegeobjective-skins-over-transfers/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/61888-how-can-anet-monetize-wvw-more-without-being-p2w/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/49178-anet-needs-to-monetize-wvw-with-more-skins-going-forward

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/44512-monetizing-wvw-without-breaking-it/

(OLD) https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/16312-will-you-pay-gems-for-wvw-cosmetics/

Hey look its my vendor thread coming up again 😃

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

---------

I never suggested my alt account should have legendary armor right away...I merely used my alt as an example of new player experience in how fast pips and chests are earned as the poster I was responding to made it sound like that could happen at a faster pace with more tickets being earned by just reaching the Gold chests.

You're right that WvW is in a better place than it used to be, but still no where near the carrots being dangled to attract new blood away from other game modes to make it their primary mode.  I mean, anyone can put lipstick on a pig and say it looks better than before, but that doesn't make it run as fast as the filly in the next stable, does it?

2 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

I never suggested my alt account should have legendary armor right away...I merely used my alt as an example of new player experience in how fast pips and chests are earned as the poster I was responding to made it sound like that could happen at a faster pace with more tickets being earned by just reaching the Gold chests.

You're right that WvW is in a better place than it used to be, but still no where near the carrots being dangled to attract new blood away from other game modes to make it their primary mode.  I mean, anyone can put lipstick on a pig and say it looks better than before, but that doesn't make it run as fast as the filly in the next stable, does it?

My 10K rank friend who has 3 alts did not make such a complaint, and they leveled 1095 levels on their alt account this past year.

14 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Except, you are not.

I stopped reading there.  I haven't seen you make an argument in good faith for years, and you aren't breaking that streak with this one.  

6 hours ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

All legendary take time to obtain. You play WvW to have fun. I LOVE WvW and PVE. I find my self in WvW A LOT! Because I enjoy it. And when you enjoy something, the time it takes to obtain leggy armor becomes a moot point. I have a full set of light armor and Im working on Heavy now. Just play WvW and enjoy the mode. The mats will come to you while you are having fun. If you are not having fun in WvW. Then maybe raids are more your style.  Or go for multiple sets of ascended armor through Fractals. Same stats as leggy. Just cant change on the fly.

No.  They take too much time.  Telling me to not try and get legendary armor in WvW is proof positive that they're too expensive.  There's nothing to stop you from both playing to have fun AND have your time being rewarding.  You don't lose out on a reduction in skirmish ticket costs for war insights.  It doesn't matter how much fun you have when there's only 24 hours in a day.  It doesn't matter if you can acquire legendary armor easier in other modes: WvW is still too expensive.  

• Confused 1