The two hidden EOD masteries…

The said there’s 5 masteries and 3 of them are Turtle, fishing, and skiff. What u guys think the rest of them are?

Here’s some of my guess

• Dragon Jade technology 

• Eastern dragon mount (they can move fly, walk , and dive)

• Aquarium for collected fishes

• housing/ construction 

• Qi system for boosting combat and healing 

• tengu?

• Canthan language?

Edited by Hoover.6394

Itll almost certainly relate to Dragon Jade tech since there were lots of hints in the stream about it. Whatever reveals are to come, will almost certainly revolve around this.

I doubt it is another mount and housing feels too big not to have announced it by now. Tengu isnt a mastery so we can exclude that. Aquarium is an interesting idea, but it isnt really mastery material (unless they somehow add it into the fishing mastery lines), but I could see aquariums being something for guild halls.

10 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Itll almost certainly relate to Dragon Jade tech since there were lots of hints in the stream about it. Whatever reveals are to come, will almost certainly revolve around this.

I doubt it is another mount and housing feels too big not to have announced it by now. Tengu isnt a mastery so we can exclude that. Aquarium is an interesting idea, but it isnt really mastery material (unless they somehow add it into the fishing mastery lines), but I could see aquariums being something for guild halls.

I totally want an aquarium system, not just a decoration In guild hall but maybe a special area in it where we can upgrade the size, the decorations, the breeding / trading system etc, they created over 200 type of fish, better use them more 🙂

Edited by Hoover.6394
  • Confused 1

To me dragon jade and canthan language. Dragon jade could be using new skills at boss using the dragonjade energy kinda like LS3 skills in bloodstone fen and canthan language like HoT with unlocking itzel and nunoch merchant. A kind of reputation system maybe. I'm losing more and more my hopes of housing along the days passing.

• Sad 1

1.  I'm not sure if henchmen are off the table, but I remember that during the livestream it was mentioned that you can gather your crew for your skiff (as far as I remember). It would somehow be weird if you have these NPC only for doing things on your skiff. Crew members might also be a higher tier for the skiff mastery, but it would go hand in hand in becoming a mastery on it's own.
  2. Some people already mentioned Jade-Tech, sometimes also called Dragonjade, Ancient Magic or Dragon Magic (all three names come from the article on the EOD website). It's pretty obvious that this is a good candidate for a mastery.
  3. We have  a lot of bubbles in the new trailer. They seem to be everywhere, high in the sky (Aetherblade Airships), at lower parts in Echovald Forest, but somehow we didn't see them in the many screenshots of Shing Jea. In the trailer at 1:00 it sounds like you are going underwater, and at 1:10 you see a fight between a Naga, Anya and an unknown human where it seems that the Naga is moving in water while the other two are standing.
    My pet theory is that Cantha has developed a technique that has several zones in some kind of transitional state between several states of aggregation - in this case, liquid and gaseous, maybe even solid if it comes to Jade. We could see a mastery revolving around Aether-tech, with Aether beeing the quintessence, the fifth element.
    This could be a solution to the old underwater-combat problem, it might even explain why we haven't seen any footage of the other zones so far. It would also be interesting how skiffs would behave in such transitional states.
  • Like 1

Dragon jade most certainly. 

My guess for the second is. Either something to do with Kurzick (since we have turtle from Luxon), maybe Juggernauts?

Or something with Kuunavang magic. Some kind of celestial magic/skill which we had during the fight with Shiro Tagachi. 

My guess is they will not reveal information about it until the release.

Edited by Cronospere.8143

Just now, Cronospere.8143 said:

Dragon jade most certainly. 

My guess for the second is. Either something to do with Kurzick (since we have turtle from Luxon), maybe Juggernauts?

Or something with Kuunavang magic. Some kind of celestial magic/skill which we had during the fight with Shiro Tagachi

Wooo that would be cool, like floating Qing Gong style skills 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rhywolver.8250 said:
  1.  I'm not sure if henchmen are off the table, but I remember that during the livestream it was mentioned that you can gather your crew for your skiff (as far as I remember). It would somehow be weird if you have these NPC only for doing things on your skiff. Crew members might also be a higher tier for the skiff mastery, but it would go hand in hand in becoming a mastery on it's own. 

I have to say that i think your idea is highly unlikely. They rather have you working together with real life people than npc's. 

In long term this might be needed. But in my opinion there are always good guilds who love to help someone out if they are stuck in a story. . 

6 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

I have to say that i think your idea is highly unlikely. They rather have you working together with real life people than npc's. 

In long term this might be needed. But in my opinion there are always good guilds who love to help someone out if they are stuck in a story. . 

I'm not thinking of endgame content, maybe even not open world. However, content that isn't played often like for example dungeons could be a niche for something like that. However, it's not exactly my favorite, it could be nice.

In the end ANet have the metrics of players running into content walls and if such NPCs could fill a gap.

• Like 1

The Dragon Jade thing is very likely. I hope that they will go the movement and exploration route(ley lines, shrooms, wallows, lava tunnels etc.) with it, rather than the combat enhancement route.
I can't imagine what new mount there could be beside the turtle. We will have 9 mounts when EoD launches and the skiff which, going from what i've seen, will be more or less a mount for five or so people, that doubles as a platform on water.  All differ in their use with very little overlap or redundancy. I just don't know where they could go now. """Actual""" flying could be a thing, but I like the restrictions the flying mounts have.
I hope it won't be a vendor or economy thing("langages" in HoT or the "now you can gather X" from ls4). But I think they won't make that mistake again or at least will package it as something else.
IF underwater was more a thing, they could do something like the jungle poison from HoT, where certain depths can only be explored when the apropriate mastery has been completed or where we had underwater slipstreams that could be used with the mastery.

tl:dr
The masteries and their accompanying systems in the world are most interesting for me, when thay have that metroidvania-feel to it. Where they add something to my exploration or experience of the environment. Hot did this very well with gliding, shrooms and to a lesser degree with the nuhoch wallows. PoF did it very well with the mounts and the options each gave the player. I hope there will be something similar in EoD with bonus hope for underwater stuff...one can dream.

11 hours ago, Hoover.6394 said:

Why just an aquarium? Why not a zoo where we can put alle the animals, Asura and Charr in little cages and others players can visit. We could even sell ice cream. 
just kidding, an aquarium mastery is a terrible idea. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I am afraid the 3 *real* Masteries have been revealed. What is left are two Masteries that will not really change your game or playstyle but are needed to unlock something that you will require in the new Maps. You will get them and then forget about it. Like we have so many  already. I am not even naming them, the list is too long. 

22 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

Why just an aquarium? Why not a zoo where we can put alle the animals, Asura and Charr in little cages and others players can visit. We could even sell ice cream. 

Zaishen Menagerie (GuildWars 1) was actually a very interesting place. Pets acted different in gw1, but still a nice feature. When your ranger unlocked a certain pet is was available to tame for every character in your account. The new ranger only had to go to the menagerie to tame the pet it did not yet have unlocked. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 1:11 PM, Hoover.6394 said:

The said there’s 5 masteries and 3 of them are Turtle, fishing, and skiff. What u guys think the rest of them are?

Here’s some of my guess

• Dragon Jade technology 

• Eastern dragon mount (they can move fly, walk , and dive)

• housing/ construction 

• Qi system for boosting combat and healing 

• tengu?

• Canthan language?

Dragon Jade is very strong. Probably similar to Icebrood Saga Mastery.

Canthan makes a lot of sense too, possible regarding Vendors (Legendary maybe?) something like the Maguuma Masteries (Frog/Exalted). 

On 8/26/2021 at 12:43 AM, yoni.7015 said:

Because Asurans are needed for the catapault ammo in WvW.

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2021 at 4:11 PM, Hoover.6394 said:

Dragon Jade technology 

That's a good guess, and one of mine as well.

On 8/25/2021 at 4:34 PM, hugo.4705 said:

To me dragon jade and canthan language. Dragon jade could be using new skills at boss using the dragonjade energy kinda like LS3 skills in bloodstone fen and canthan language like HoT with unlocking itzel and nunoch merchant. A kind of reputation system maybe. I'm losing more and more my hopes of housing along the days passing.

Two good guesses.  I'm thinking they would have something slightly different for the Canthan Language track if that's what it is.  Don't think they'll match the HoT system exactly.

It seems like others think along the same lines of a cultural mastery track.

11 hours ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

Because Asurans are needed for the catapault ammo in WvW.

Charr detected.  I'm ruling out Norn because you didn't mention tossing Asurans or alcohol.

19 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Zaishen Menagerie (GuildWars 1) was actually a very interesting place. Pets acted different in gw1, but still a nice feature. When your ranger unlocked a certain pet is was available to tame for every character in your account. The new ranger only had to go to the menagerie to tame the pet it did not yet have unlocked. 

I forgot about this.  It'd be cool if it came back in EoD.  Wasn't there a zoo in Shing Jea?