New elite specialization: The Vindicator

Telgum.6071

1 hour ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Never happening. End result would be no new mechanic if u dont use gs. If there will be a skill set swap it be directly on gs skill itself. 

Yea, I don’t see that either, but then that’s why I said, how would it work with weapon swap.

however, they still did indicate an offense/defense modes type gameplay. .  Maybe it’s how the dodges change then or maybe the utilities skill bar.

Edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682

Just now, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

Edge lords unite!

I heard so many claiming the revenant is a dark knight.  I daresay its the mistward armor that they are in love with.  With two more hero legends with visible animations about it, the revenant goes even further from that idea.

Reapers is far better fitting that trope tbh.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

Quite sure I didn't spend as much money as you did.

Quite sure, it's very different for Arena Net.

I love the way you say it as if that were a bad thing.

I like this game, I spend hours on it so I like to support it, can you say the same?

I really would like to see how much money Anet gained from the ritualist fans and how much from the Greatsword fans:classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

As expected, slow like hammer, AoE focus like hammer, will likely have a mix of Shiro/Mallyx without superseding them with an hybrid niche. Unlike Hammer, limited to close range, will favor more of a close range style akind to Swords than Hammer but a begrudgingly annoying pace just like hammer to begin with and we all know nobody likes it in the majority.

The only saving grace for this is having legend specific effects on weapon skills or step out of the norm greatly of what makes Revenant which would bring large balance issues so please don't do that Anet,  it's already forcefully shoved in enough. It wouldn't surprise me that Shiro/Jalis remain the choice of player for PvP/WvW, esp WvW when there's a high emphasis on range and players are too afraid to play without Glint.

Time to wait another 5 years for getting mid-range main-hand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

31 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

As expected, slow like hammer, AoE focus like hammer, will likely have a mix of Shiro/Mallyx without superseding them with an hybrid niche. Unlike Hammer, limited to close range, will favor more of a close range style akind to Swords than Hammer but a begrudgingly annoying pace just like hammer to begin with and we all know nobody likes it in the majority.

The only saving grace for this is having legend specific effects on weapon skills or step out of the norm greatly of what makes Revenant which would bring large balance issues so please don't do that Anet,  it's already forcefully shoved in enough. It wouldn't surprise me that Shiro/Jalis remain the choice of player for PvP/WvW, esp WvW when there's a high emphasis on range and players are too afraid to play without Glint.

Time to wait another 5 years for getting mid-range main-hand.

How about you wait to see the spec in actual beta action before passing this kind of judgement.  Count your eggs much?

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

How about you wait to see the spec in actual beta action before passing this kind of judgement.  Count your eggs much?

Do you really think they are going to overshadow everything that already exist? It's foolish to think GS would be any different/superior to Swords in PvE or PvP. We're always looking at change of playstyles typically which is how you also Anet keeps the game fresh. Not like other MMO's that powercreeps to keep people interested. It'll be "slow" but good AoE damage while Swords are still going to be the better choice over single targets.

My 2 cents is that people want GS but don't know that it's going to be the way they can't handle what already exists. Not saying there can't be a change of heart for those players, there is just plain clear evidence that right now with the current options, players don't have the patience, nor has Anet gave the statistical reach for Revenant to be like that. 

Wishing for GS Revenant to be viable in raid is daydreaming, keep expectations low for now. In PvP? It'll be, I'll find myself a way, probably not a way players are going to enjoy, I do personally, I'm a masochist like that. My opinion would be different if players actually tried to learn Hammer Revenant like I did instead of constantly begging for changes.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10

1 hour ago, Shao.7236 said:

Do you really think they are going to overshadow everything that already exist? It's foolish to think GS would be any different/superior to Swords in PvE or PvP. We're always looking at change of playstyles typically which is how you also Anet keeps the game fresh. Not like other MMO's that powercreeps to keep people interested. It'll be "slow" but good AoE damage while Swords are still going to be the better choice over single targets.

My 2 cents is that people want GS but don't know that it's going to be the way they can't handle what already exists. Not saying there can't be a change of heart for those players, there is just plain clear evidence that right now with the current options, players don't have the patience, nor has Anet gave the statistical reach for Revenant to be like that. 

Wishing for GS Revenant to be viable in raid is daydreaming, keep expectations low for now. In PvP? It'll be, I'll find myself a way, probably not a way players are going to enjoy, I do personally, I'm a masochist like that. My opinion would be different if players actually tried to learn Hammer Revenant like I did instead of constantly begging for changes.

I think you need to wait to judge.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

It's  way too early to judge any of this from a 35 second teaser promo.

Saying things like "It's foolish to think GS would be any different/superior to Swords in PVE or PVP"  is a bit confusing.  That's like saying why should a warrior have greatsword it already has axes...

• Like 3

Being a power DPS focused Elite Spec, I hope Anet doesnt go the route of Shiro when it comes to the heal skill being designed in an inconvenient way.  All these years as a Revenant, I just assumed the Shiro heal was made that way as a trade off for the damage themed nature of the legend. But I still believe it was a bad design, especially after all the nerfs. But I hope we dont see this same design choice

Edited by Ausar.9542

7 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

I don't get your comparisons. If GS is replacing a weapon, then that is staff in pvp/wvw, and I'm sure most rev players are happy to get off of staff and have a weapon with defense/utility that can still do some damage.

As for pve, why would you not think it can be good in raids and such? First of all, sw/sw feels very meh in open world with its lack of cleave, so at the very least you have GS for mobs, then swap to dual sword for tougher targets. For endgame dps, as long as GS has some good damage cooldowns it will be used on swap.

7 minutes ago, Loules.8601 said:

Everyone like this pretty much always

Other elite specs have the same skill type and benefit from runes and traits. Revenant doesn't play with that system at all, so there's no reason that the elite spec utilities have to feel so same-y.

• Like 2

.....   .....

can't believe no one who watched the teaser picked up on the most important part. the Fashion Wars 2

0:44 - 0:47

White, red, & blue hand aura. Could we be getting the same utility color scheme as Kalla?

Hope it's just the icon/aura and the utilities end up looking unique 

Edited by GeneralBM.5781
  • Like 2

On 9/14/2021 at 6:07 PM, Chaos.7614 said:

Togo/scepter/rit fanboys on suicide watch

Sorry for my bad English.

Scepter and Togo is out of question, but some rit elements....

What does that means then: 

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/PqWoXbqH2b3KYw

Compare to previous e-spec teasers:

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/SV28PzpHvWruUw

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/_6aMbLuPJrcYLw

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/-jbYtCl9SrrG5Q

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/lfTZRQM2HWtLMg

Do we know professions of Saint Viktor and Archemorus? 

Edited by Datarus.9871
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Datarus.9871 said:

Sorry for my bad English.

Scepter and Togo is out of question, but some rit elements....

What does than means then: 

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/PqWoXbqH2b3KYw

Compare to previous e-spec teasers:

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/SV28PzpHvWruUw

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/_6aMbLuPJrcYLw

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/-jbYtCl9SrrG5Q

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/lfTZRQM2HWtLMg

I wouldn't look too much into this. It's simply a reminder that we have a Ritualist outfit in the Gem Store. You know... in case you'd want to buy it. For the time being, Kalla's spirits are the closest thing to a Rit we are getting (albeit it seems we do summon the spirit of Archemorus for an attack).

That said, I'm more interested to see what Saint Viktor's protective abilities will look like (given they are blue color-coded and could indeed feel more ritualistic in nature).

2 hours ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

.....   .....

can't believe no one who watched the teaser picked up on the most important part. the Fashion Wars 2

0:44 - 0:47

White, red, & blue hand aura. Could we be getting the same utility color scheme as Kalla?

Hope it's just the icon/aura and the utilities end up looking unique 

Good catch, it doesn't look that good tho. Hope it's just the hand aura and they don't mash colours for the energy bar and skill bar background.

But what I think this confirms is that it is indeed just two characters in one, hopefully they throw us a bone and give us two sets of skills for Saint Viktor and Archemorus. But I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

• Confused 2

As far as we can tell from the trailer, the theme of this e-spec seems much "softer" than Herald's and especially Renegade's.

That's not necessarily a bad thing though. Core Rev has always had issues, one of them its identity. It came out together with Herald, so it has never been developed as a thing of its own, and so my guess is Vindicator may be the complement it needs. I've always kind of wanted to be a "pure" Rev (no signet aura below me, no orange charr effects) but never could (while being useful, that is) so a softer theme seems like a good idea to me.

Not saying it's the best thing they could've done (a strong Balthazar/Menzies/Kanaxai theme would have been sick and would've felt truly powerful paired with other legends), just that it's not a bad idea at all. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, phokus.8934 said:

He does have a point - I wish Rev's got a mid-ranged main-hand but considering our core options with off-hands, seems rather unlikely.  But he does need to move on and stop beating a dead horse considering this is what Revs are getting.

In order for us to get a ranged main hand option, they would need to also give us an offhand to pair with it at the same time. Because our current offhands have no synergy with a ranged option. Which means we either get two new weapons at once (like warrior did with spellbreaker and its dual daggers) or they completely rework one of our current offhands into something entirely different than what they are now (which really wouldn’t work because they’ve been designed with the core revenant specs in mind).

It’s like Shao doesn’t even think about the stuff he’s asking for. He’s just throwing out his fantasy wishlist for Revenant, not really caring how any of it would work or if it would even work at all.

Edited by Zeph.5927
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zeph.5927 said:

In order for us to get a ranged main hand option, they would need to also give us an offhand to pair with it at the same time. Because our current offhands have no synergy with a ranged option. Which means we either get two new weapons at once (like warrior did with spellbreaker and its dual daggers) or they completely rework one of our current offhands into something entirely different than what they are now (which really wouldn’t work because they’ve been designed with the core revenant specs in mind).

It’s like Shao doesn’t even think about the stuff he’s asking for. He’s just throwing out his fantasy wishlist for Revenant, not really caring how any of it would work or if it would even work at all.

No doubt, I wish they would come back and give Rev's another off-hand for core because it's in desperate need of one.  Maybe someday but definitely not today nor tomorrow.

12 hours ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

I don't get your comparisons. If GS is replacing a weapon, then that is staff in pvp/wvw, and I'm sure most rev players are happy to get off of staff and have a weapon with defense/utility that can still do some damage.

As for pve, why would you not think it can be good in raids and such? First of all, sw/sw feels very meh in open world with its lack of cleave, so at the very least you have GS for mobs, then swap to dual sword for tougher targets. For endgame dps, as long as GS has some good damage cooldowns it will be used on swap.

Other elite specs have the same skill type and benefit from runes and traits. Revenant doesn't play with that system at all, so there's no reason that the elite spec utilities have to feel so same-y.

You'd be hoping that GS gets a block because I don't think it will, this would still be a lesser issue if Anet hadn't removed blocks from offhand sword to begin with. Why would a slower weapon be better in raids anyway, what could beat large AoE utility support? It's easy to tell why Renegade is gonna be on top until it is unfairly nerfed. GS will not replace Staff, as badly as everyone including me wants it to be, it would be ridiculous if GS got sustain skills as a better damage weapon while Sw/Sw gets the short end of the stick years later where it was already bad in accordance to most. I have already a hard time trusting the community when it comes to those things because a lot of the curating contradict itself when it comes to Open world.

5 hours ago, Zeph.5927 said:

Are you STILL on your little hissy fit about a ranged main hand weapon that we don’t even need (and don’t even have a good offhand weapon to pair with it)? Get over it dude. Move on.

You're the one assuming I am in an hissy fit. It'll be all the more satisfying if my predictions align right. Most of what they've shown is exactly the way I said it. Esp, the leap earthquake.

I have all the rights to state that GS is gonna be a slow close range AoE focused and players will complain about it. Revenant doesn't have anything like it and we don't need to replace weapons. Players wanted cleave, they'll get cleave, but not power crept cleave.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5