New elite specialization: The Vindicator

Telgum.6071

3 hours ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

Boring !

Just a spinning sword.
So déjà vu than they reuse animations for it.

When I want to slash my sword in every way like a drunk guy, I just pick my warrior.

Don't even need to mention than Viktor and Archemorous are boring guys.
Just watch GW : Factions trailer to see how they are lame.
They rushed on Shiro with their whole squad, both of them, and still got defeated. Impossible Odds, outpowered them so much.
The only thing they did was to achieve Shiro when Nika did the most part of the task.
They are just some Kill Stealers.

Won't play that kind of legend, especially when other legend, Shiro was more powerful in real life !

Will stick on Renegade.
This is not the e-spec which will make me give money for EoD.

You would say the same regardless of any non-ritualist developed spec like the one you proposed a few weeks ago. And we both know you are going to buy EoD.

By the way this matter was never about how powerful the legends are. I don't think Ventari or Kalla are a quarter as strong as Mallyx or Glint.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

That's mostly how much you're used to play that class.  Full berserker power Shiro lacks cleave damage but still I was able to 65-70% of some bounties in PoF before the time cap run out without dying, with a build with 0 stability and very few cleanses. WvW camps are faster to take with condi Revs due the higher AoE damage, but even with power you can curb stomp them even staying in Jalis and using auto attacks...

On topic :  not sure if the legend will have 2 sets of 5 skills or a mix of both legends in a single set; the mobility and block skills (from the weapon) seems fine but some of the attacks look slow (Willbender style slow) so maybe wouldn't be the best spec for PvP.  I like the falling sword animation and the evade, the others seems too familiar (the skills from the Renegade were visually more distinctive), but that can be changed (along Harbinger's elexir incons, I hope). In terms of visual desing the most shocking class in PoF was the Firebrand: tons of love and care put in the skills and weapon animations and fx.

I rewatched Renegade's promo trailer and didn't look as  great as the spec can currently be played:

...But is true that the animations were more original. I would like more a "no hands" wielding of the sword (as Balthazar or some characters in fighting games) but the chances were small. Nothing against the new legends, tho: I'll just wait to see how they play.

I'll await the revelation of the new Warrior and Ele specs in the next 2 days, followed with a showcase and the next beta the next week, so will be plenty to play. So far the Virtuoso seemed ok but not a thing I would play, the WB flasy but weak and the Harbinger was the one I liked the most. 

Little offtopic but can someone tell me name of chest, gloves, leggins and shoulders? (Tho I think legginds and shoulders are T3 heavy armor for charr but I'm not sure)

Edited by AintGold.5128

41 minutes ago, wolfyrik.2017 said:

Looks like one of the GS skills is a block, another is an evade backwards. That's pretty cool. That Archemorus attack looks painfully long, tho. I'm guessing  they're aiming for the the same design they had for Reaper at HoT launch. You remember? The far-too-slow, telegraphed but High damage hits. Which people couldn't dodge, so complained and they got nerfed into  far-too-slow, telegraphed mediocre damage hits. Which then got sped up after two years of complaints into a-bit-too-slow, telegraphed, mediocre hits. So they ended up nerfing Reaper defences and speeding up the attacks further. So now Reaper is completely different from what they aimed for at launch..

The more I think about it, the more it looks like they haven't learned anything and are determined to make the same mistakes over and over again. Especially after the joke that is willbender virtues. An entire class mechanic gutted, passives taken away in exchange for low damage actives which are entirely negated by an opponent moving slightly left or right...

I started this out being a bit excited but in writing, I've talked myself out of it.

Kitten.

Well, that Archemorus channeling seems to be only one second long, maybe even less, the video is tricky because it combines two slowmo moves + one repeated animation. I don't think is that slow and if it has some heavy CC or heavy damage I'm ok with the apparent speed of the trailer. In competitive being to easy to target makes it a dodge baiter.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Well, that Archemorus channeling seems to be only one second long, maybe even less, the video is tricky because it combines two slowmo moves + one repeated animation. I don't think is that slow and if it has some heavy CC or heavy damage I'm ok with the apparent speed of the trailer. In competitive being to easy to target makes it a dodge baiter.

This.

A significant portion of this promo was in slo-mo for effect you can't use it to presume the actual speed of the abilities in game.  We'll only get a better feel for that on Friday and next week.

17 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Depends on the environment. In competitive, yeah, a herald can burst someone down pretty quickly. In high-end PvE, though, power revenants tend to lack a bit on benchmarks.

Yeah we were talking about WvW, were I've been able to oneshot medium gear professions, but according to some rando who dies to camps it has no damage lol.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

well from what I have heard and seen nobody plays power shiro/glint, you might play it cause you like it but thats a subjetive thought, objectively power shiro/glint is underpowered and useless in wvw roaming

Finishing this conversation: you know nothing about Revenant. Shiro/Glint deals objetively more damage than Shortbow Renegade, who has one single damage spike (Sevenshot) without counting Citadel Bombardment, a skill that never hits anyway.

Glint/Shiro combination of burst of strength, against the odds, elemental blast, Hydromancy sigil (which you won't use on Renegade due to ranged fight) and all the Sword/Sword skills deal more collective and single burst damage than Renegade Shortbow. The only reason you see Renegades in WvW is because is easier to play, and while Glint/Shiro is an assassin with high risk gameplay, Renegade Jalis/Shiro is a bunker build with ranged damage, stability and projectile hate on healing. Not to mention that the meta Renegade build skips Devastation to survive while Herald has both Deva and Invocation and has no need for Retribution.

"nobody plays power shiro/glint" may be truth in your server, against the servers I face, I see one Renegade every five Heralds without counting those who are in zergs (that would make one Renegade every ten Heralds, kinda curious considering they don't deal damage according to you.)

"objectively power shiro/glint is underpowered and useless in wvw roaming" You just said you die to camps, says a lot about your objetive perception of Revenant.

That's it, I'm not going to keep going on this conversation, consider that if you are not able to deal damage on an assassin build and you can't even clear camps, maybe the wrong setting is on you rather than on your build. I don't understand how anyone who can't even survive a camp dares to tell a player with 4.000 hours on Revenant that his class is underpowered.

Good day.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

-re used animations (not a single new one as far as I can tell, at best they're altercations to existing animations)

-Already have a Kantha themed legend and one who as an individual is stronger than both of them

-neither legends are really related to greatsword using

-not Balthazar

-no wielding flying greatsword

-no wielding flying greatsword

-no wielding flying greatsword

Can't lie, feel like anet missed the ball in terms of creativity they could have gotten by picking another particularly fiery legend of the lore that people have always wanted since PoF. But Ill have to play it to see, but judging by the animations, I don't have faith Im gonna find anything fun, new or exciting. The reason I was looking forward to the idea of balthazar was the creativity that could have been achieved by having the sort of moveset his theme would have presented but I guess they got the tier 3 legendary weapon treatment which essentially means lackluster efforts. 

Edited by Hanako.1827
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

I'm pretty disapointed by the trailer.

First we got a (ok, two) legend, that feel like "well,you already have shiro, so here you get a buget version".

Srsly, the dudes that defeated shiro? They could have picked something much more interessting, like the leviathan for example.

And then the GS...

I mean, rev is known for using weapons "differently", but what is the GS? It looks like every other GS in the game.

And IMO even worse: It seems like the exact same pdps style we already have with those ports and such.

A mid range floating hands off GS like Balthasar with ZERO movement would have been interessting and something else the rev doesn't have yet.

As of now though, it looks like s/s with probably higher number 😕

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Brunnsteinangel.2568 said:

A mid range floating hands off GS like Balthasar with ZERO movement would have been interessting and something else the rev doesn't have yet.

As of now though, it looks like s/s with probably higher number 😕

That's exactly what shortbow is. And hammer, but that is long range.

Rev has plenty of immobile weapons, in fact the GS seems to be the first time since Mallyx' Call to Anguish that we get a dash that doesn't require a target.

And Leviathan, really? That's not even an intelligent creature, and it was a trash miniboss with no noteworthy abilities. You might ask for a Titan, at this point.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

That's exactly what shortbow is. And hammer, but that is long range.

Rev has plenty of immobile weapons, in fact the GS seems to be the first time since Mallyx' Call to Anguish that we get a dash that doesn't require a target.

And Leviathan, really? That's not even an intelligent creature, and it was a trash miniboss with no noteworthy abilities. You might ask for a Titan, at this point.

The leviathan came to my mind as it is the biggest cantha beast to ever existed.

But yeah, there would have been other choices.

And no, notlike the short bow. Maybe only 600 range or such, but with a different focus/feel.

I mean,even close range would have been nice, if it wasn't for all the movement.
Rev has a lot of movment already, and yes, even on hammer though with a twist.

Only weapon with no movment/doge what so ever is SB right now.

I just say that from the trailer it pretty much looks like the same meele combat we already have but with other numbers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Parthenos Polias.5683 said:

No you don't.

Don't think you know about people.
I didn't buy HOT. I get it the same time I bought POF.

HOT e-spec looked boring, Maguuma wasn't my thing and Masteries were useless outside of Maguuma.

So you are going to buy EoD but later.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Is there any other GS in the game that causes many AoE explosions around when it swings it?

The only "explosion" I saw was the grave digger and _maybe_ the doomfist jump.

The last one is awesome, don't get me wrong, but EVERY GS has quite some AOE efects.

And two of our four have a lot of mobility (guard, warrior).

So yeah,looks like your usual GS.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, AintGold.5128 said:

Little offtopic but can someone tell me name of chest, gloves, leggins and shoulders? (Tho I think legginds and shoulders are T3 heavy armor for charr but I'm not sure)

Seems everyone skipped you for some reason. If you mean the Charr from the renegade video: Everything but helmet and boots is T3 heavy. Boots seem to be T2 and helmet is obviously the Renegade‘s Casque.

19 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think it will be like Renegade where there are F keys that do certain skills, possibly featuring both heroes at once. I think the Utility bar will be individual 'V or A' themed actions.

They were both swordsmen, so it may feature a few 'Kurzick' themed attacks and some 'Luxon' themed attacks on the GS bar.

I can see that.  I think it’s going to be something similar, yet different.  I think F1 will be the usual legend swap.  F2 will change the GS skills to offensive, A themed skills.  F3 will change it to defensive, V themed skills.  The Legend itself will be both A and V, with 6, 7 being defensive, 0, 9 being offensive, and 8 being a combo.  The trailer made reference to being in a defensive/offensive mode as to why I thought of this.  

The monkey wrench here though is how does that work with weapon swap?

Edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

I saw the trailer again, and I think it shows the new dodge animation at 0:11.

I went back to it and I think you might be very right! It looks like a 450 dash ending on a small cleaving attack. Ngl it's gonna feel very different. I'm guessing the Vindicator's gonna work better with Shiro and Jalis since they'll provide good alternatives to dodging.

Grrrr! I need Friday already! As a smart asura keeps repeating: so many questions, not enough answers.

Edited by Uete.3805

I like what I see so far. Had I initially wanted a Ritualist? Yeah, but that dream died a long time ago, and this looks way better in my opinion anyways. I’d rather have necro be Ritualist (maybe next expansion…)

I generally prefer the aesthetic of sw/sw or sw/sh over gs, but tbh this looks pretty cool. I’ll give it a shot, only thing I wish was different going this route is to have floaty Balthazar-like GS wielding, but I understand that probably would’ve been a whooole lot more programming 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

I can see that.  I think it’s going to be something similar, yet different.  I think F1 will be the usual legend swap.  F2 will change the GS skills to offensive

Never happening. End result would be no new mechanic if u dont use gs. If there will be a skill set swap it be directly on gs skill itself. 

• Like 1