Initiative Icons CHange?

Crab Fear.1624

I don't really like it. If anet thought it would be easier to glance at there are hundreds of UI sizing changes they could make that would also reduce some eye strain. Now the diamonds don't really look like the correct resolution anymore.

Though I don't think complaining here is going to change anything. If they cared about what QoL changes to UI would help us out they would have asked. It's probably related to the new espec.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

WHY MAKE THIS HORRIBLE CHANGE???????????????
SERIOUSLY?????!!!!!!!!
IT IS JUST TERRIBLE TO COUNT AND ADDS NOTHING GOOD TO UI OR GAMEPLAY.

WHY ABBANDON THINGS THAT MATTERS AND CHANGE STUFF NOBODY ASK IT FOR????

JUST WHY???

Edited by anjo.6143
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

6 minutes ago, anjo.6143 said:

WHY MAKE THIS HORRIBLE CHANGE???????????????
SERIOUSLY?????!!!!!!!!
IT IS JUST TERRIBLE TO COUNT AND ADDS NOTHING GOOD TO UI OR GAMEPLAY.

WHY ABBANDON THINGS THAT MATTERS AND CHANGE STUFF NOBODY ASK IT FOR????

JUST WHY???

Relax. First off, typing in all caps just makes it painful for everyone to read. Secondly, most likely this was an unintentional change with them readying things for the elite spec. Remember how our pistol got bugged (gloriously so) for a bit? Case in point.

So there's no need to be hysterical about it. Besides which, again, I kind of like it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Starlightmagus.8654 said:

Relax. First off, typing in all caps just makes it painful for everyone to read. Secondly, most likely this was an unintentional change with them readying things for the elite spec. Remember how our pistol got bugged (gloriously so) for a bit? Case in point.

So there's no need to be hysterical about it. Besides which, again, I kind of like it.

The pain was intended. 

Now im chilled waiting to caps+bold+underline when they release scepter support next beta

• Confused 2

How is it suddenly easier to tell your initiative after nine years of getting used to the old initiative bar? Sure, with the old one, you did not necessarily count the initiative, but you didn't have to.

As your initiative was all in a single row, you could tell at a glance how much you actually had. 5 initiative? A third of the row was lit up, and your brain (assuming you have one) would immediately go and correct it to 5 initiative. Just past the halfway point being lit up, okay, 8 ini ready to go.

The reasons to why it works on Firebrand are because 1) Guardian didn't have resource bar like that before, and 2) It only has 5-8 pips, making it easy to read at a glance. Unfortunately, 12 and 15 are both greater numbers than 5 and 8, and each thief weapon skill besides auto attack and stealth attacks uses a different amount of the resource.

This isn't something people are not going to get used to, but I feel like we shouldn't even be having this conversation. When Anet goes about changing something that people have grown accustomed to over the whole lifespan of the game, they should at the very least have the courtesy of adding the option to change it back to how it used to be. Ideally allow for much greater UI customization, but that is wishful thinking on my part.

Edited by Routa.4136
further context added
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

I just wish they'd shrink it a tiny bit as the diamonds seems a little too big on this for me.

Outside of that, they've shown they;re not afraid to uproot what people are used to for 9 years. Look at the new combo field colours. The water field is literally not the same blue that all the heal icons are and what we've grown accustomed to for years. They've chosen the EoD water colour from the logo.

• Confused 1