Favorite/Least Favorite Class to Fight Against

Favorite/Least Favorite Class to Fight Against  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Class to Fight Against (can select multiple)

• Elementalist
    • Ranger
    • Warrior
    • Guardian
    • Mesmer
    • Thief
    • Revenant
    • Necromancer
    • Engineer
  2. 2. Least Favorite Class to Fight Against (can select multiple)

• Elementalist
    • Ranger
    • Warrior
    • Guardian
    • Mesmer
    • Thief
    • Revenant
    • Necromancer
    • Engineer

7 minutes ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

No I haven't come across them and am quite eager now. I wonder why they chose weaver though 

because it is aoe around player, thus don't need line of sight, don't need ground targeting, just bot walk to enemy and press skill, and everything around the character burns and has decent sustain and evade in-fight and decent mobility for bot to engage.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

because it is aoe around player, thus don't need line of sight, don't need ground targeting, just bot walk to enemy and press skill, and everything around the character burns and has decent sustain and evade in-fight and decent mobility for bot to engage.

That would be an interesting encounter. Im curious how they rotate attunements and how well they land one the burst rotations that involve  PyroVortex with a 130 range and 90 radius. Would be interesting to witness. 

For burn damage, guards are probably more efficient with easier to land skills.

14 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

If you are losing to a bot,  well... that says a lot doesn't it. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

That would be an interesting encounter. Im curious how they rotate attunements and how well they land one the burst rotations that involve  PyroVortex with a 130 range and 90 radius. Would be interesting to witness. 

attunement are fixed rotation based, even when i play weaver it's basically just lighting>fire>earth>water>lightning mostly with some occasional mix, which obviously bots will not mind. it is so easily programmable.

and as for vortex, it's easy, bots detect when its in 130 range of the target.. he will cast it...that's it..simple as that..

guard is not easier to land burn damage....probably easier to land because you combine it with teleport and timing it well and requires kitting and doesnt have a lot of in-fight sustain and evade. bot doesnt know, bot doesn't know when there's projectile block, when enemy is blocking, weavers sustained condition damage favors bots more then burn guard burst and run away.

simple logic, some brain and some class knowledge would know that weaver is way more bot friendly then guardian, when burn guards needs actively evading, blocking and kitting to survive, while weaver has sustain built in offensive spells and weaver's damage is more scattered and sustained instead of burst and run away which is a more complex behavior to program.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 1

I think overall every class is fun to play against if the game is balanced. Every class has its uniqueness, warrior is clear but you miss one dodge and you get punished, eles have always something, Mesmers play around being deceiving etc.

The not fun part comes when the balance is missing. Necro for example is just too tanky, so even tho the class is nice to play against it become annoying playing vs a tank god. Same with engi, too much sustain and DMG all together, but it's not the class imo is the balance that take off the fun 

I think if the balance was a little better all the classes were enjoyable to play against

• Like 3

I feel like before february patch this poll would be much more interesting. It used to be that each class had its own gimmick, the spike burst, the defensive CD etc. Nowadays its pretty much same sh*t, few exceptions and rest is just smash keyboard, facetank etc. For me a good example is power herald - before patch even at 5% hp it could kinda oneshot if you didnt pay attention, now its just...meh. Not bad, but nothing too spectacular so you can just finish it with one hand.

^personal opinion, I believe thats why I got bored of gw2 and couldnt vote on anything, its just too smiliar. In terms of most annoying probably ranger cuz of certain stupid builds, rest is w/e.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

You're bad. if you can't survive longer than a Warrior as a Mesmer you're just dog water. You have z-axis teleports, invulvn > berserker stance, endure pain, because it works vs everything. You have stealth on top of that too. Don't even use max hp as an excuse as to why Warrior survives longer, you're just bad.

Baiting dodges with phantasms (which are like ranger pets but temporary) and being able to bait dodges because of the fact that you can't tell if it's mind wrack or confuse shatter is hard.

Your class has to be UP to be balanced, stop pretending you're special.

Typical fail victim mesmer player.

P.S everytime Mesmer was "viable" the game wasn't fun, look at chrono bunker. Mesmer is a historically privileged class played by fail privileged rich kids who cry and go back to an easier class when they fail at a harder spec. Daily reminder that evade spamming while attacking is hard, and if it wasn't for Guard/Ranger/Necro Mes would be the easiest class in the game. At least Warrior has to land telegraphed attacks while using LONG COOL DOWN INVULNS JUST SO I DON' GET BLIND SPAMMED OR BURSTED while I dps vs. actually non-fraud good players, at least Engi had a point in time where it had to skill shot and land 1200 range grenades, at least Thief in sPvP can't simply just tank AoE's like mesmers do and have to out-rotate.

I like how you disqualified everything you said by saying when mesmer was viable it wasn't fun. Great post. So im fail victim poster on a unviable class that can beat warriors okay man.

I take it in your circles being able to duel and beat warriors after 3-4 mins of good kiting  is an incredible accomplishment huh.

Edited by Genesis.5169

12 hours ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

Like felix mentioned, the condi spike is more scattered unlike the high burn stacks a guard can dish out. The problem is the weaver bot moves through it's rotation so quickly, it's hard to react to it. The only saving grace is once you know what rotation it's using, you know it will always do the same thing. 

Additionally they never attempt stomps or rezes. So never bother trying to rez a teammate yourself otherwise you will get caught in the downcleave. Just freecast at the weaver bot from a distance and hope it has taken enough damage once it is done killing your teammate that you can solo it.

You can also confirm it's a bot by doing this:  get their the enemy teammate who isn't a bot to let you down them. Then you and your teammate run to the other side of the map. The bot will chase you two and completely ignore the non bot teammate on the other side of the map they could safely rez.  It's hilarious 

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2021 at 1:42 AM, Kuya.6495 said:

Like felix mentioned, the condi spike is more scattered unlike the high burn stacks a guard can dish out. The problem is the weaver bot moves through it's rotation so quickly, it's hard to react to it. The only saving grace is once you know what rotation it's using, you know it will always do the same thing. 

Additionally they never attempt stomps or rezes. So never bother trying to rez a teammate yourself otherwise you will get caught in the downcleave. Just freecast at the weaver bot from a distance and hope it has taken enough damage once it is done killing your teammate that you can solo it.

You can also confirm it's a bot by doing this:  get their the enemy teammate who isn't a bot to let you down them. Then you and your teammate run to the other side of the map. The bot will chase you two and completely ignore the non bot teammate on the other side of the map they could safely rez.  It's hilarious 

Hahahaha it's crazy!!!! I think I've finally ran across one and went against it several times but spot on. Since I play weaver I know its weaknesses and melted  the bot alone but it was quite entertaining to VS a weaver bot in 2v2.

I usually play it in conquest and I'm not a fan of 2v2. 

I generally like to play against power builds because they require a bit of skill to pull of . The only exception would be core ranger or any ranger in general - I think their pet saving the day or chasing you once you kill them is just so annoying.

Regarding condi specs - kind of hate playing against them all. Not because of condi cleanse management, more because of how tanky these builds tend to be. You are here doing rotations and actively playing the game whilst your opponent is just face rolling and sipping tea.

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

I guess its because they (warriors) are predictable and their animations are clear and telegraphed.

And because they can be easily kited, blinded, and Cc'd. There are a lot of things that can just shut down warrior...or at least greatly reduce it's damage potential.  Warrior is also only really effective in melee range, so if a ranged class like ranger or Mesmer or even staff Necro sees the warrior coming, they can put a lot of damage on him (or force him to use a lot of important CDs like shield stance, his healing skill, or endure pain) before the warrior has even been able to engage.

3 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

I guess its because they (warriors) are predictable and their animations are clear and telegraphed.

I mean... yeah, I guess, I know what's coming when I'm fighting a ranger's too. It's not like maul's not telegraphed. And when I'm fighting a mesmer everything pretty clear as well, "JEEZ THERE'S THREE CLONES AND THE MESMER IS ON MELEE RANGE, I REALLY WONDER WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN NEXT".
Even thieves have everything pretty clear; there's a cloud of smoke, then they leap, then they're in stealth. Holo from 900 range, taking a wild guess, maybe he's going nades? 
Aside maybe some necromancers where everything becomes some sort of mushy blob of red circles doing God knows what, pretty much every class have everything clear.
What I think should measure the "hatred" you get as a class is "how much are you allowed to kitten up before you die" and "how much counterplay does the current action have".
Because nades autoattacking for 2500 each hit is very clear, and also there's pretty much 0 you can do about it.
Thief backstabbing for 5k and restealthing 15 times, while spamming dodges until reveal wears off, is also very clear and also has very little counterplay.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 2

Unpopular (and very biased) opinion here:

- i like to fight thieves/mes because it is fun and engaging most of the time and i don't have to play floor is lava mini game with them

- i don't like to fight classes with a lot of aoe and/or certain amount of (semi passive) sustain so necros, eles (don't hate me here, i am well aware where eles stand most of the time in meta but never the less) and guards duhh

But as other said, it all heavily depends on build.

• Like 2

I think another thing that makes war less annoying to fight is they have to build up to their big f1. guards can do 9-10k ranged true shot for free on heavy armor targers where as my big skill as a war is ~4-6k  in melee.

rangers with the lizard pet that can take out half your health on its own is also super annoying to fight. the pet + their damage is pretty cracked. add on top of that stealth and annoying traps with eternal immob. 

there are some ele builds (weaver i think) that have insane sustain and damage.

i dont want to have to get a phd in all the classes intricacies and animations to be able to fight them effectively. I wish some of the visuals were standardized to bring the noise down as well as make the game (or at least the pvp mode) more playable. some amount of this is a case of the get-gud's but some better design can really make gw2 combat system shine.

we have at least 1 class design(war) that clearly pairs well with the combat system. other classes seem like they belong in a turn based jrpg game.

Edited by HumanComplex.1648
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HumanComplex.1648 said:

we have at least 1 class design(war) that clearly pairs well with the combat system. other classes seem like they belong in a turn based jrpg game.

Which is part of why warrior struggles. They are 'balanced' and 'where they should be' but somehow other classes don't seem to get that same treatment (except mesmers, I'm not going to lump you in there mates).

• Thanks 2

I play only Engi (disclaimer)

My build is generally weak against high condition apply, so that probably biases my outlook.

Generally I dislike playing against builds that disable my agency. (stun lock out, fear, perpetual slow apply etc)

Dislikes....
Necros (AOE condi spam and corruption of my precious boons), well played disengage thieves, mesmer, invisible condi rangers, Infinitely durable Warriors (when soloing against them, snore snore snore... then stun lock out attempt... repeat)

Likes....
Other Engi is always fun, guards, revenants, most rangers, 

• Confused 1

Highly build dependent, sometimes I cannot fight a build even if I know the weaknesses. I guess "on average" my list would look something like that:

• Mostly straightforward: Guard / Engie / Necro / Ranger
  • Between ok and frustrating: Rev / Warrior 
  • Not as enjoyable to fight: Ele / Mesmer / Thief

This list is not set in stone. I edited this multiple times just because I have a hard time ranking them. For example there are a lot of situations where I would rather fight an elementalist than a warrior. But they just have a few options / mechanics I do not like as much. 

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 1

This is merely my anecdotal experience;

I HATE fighting engineers with permanent pulsing stability and a flamethrower;

I HATE fighting rangers who use One Wolf Pack, Quickness longbow Rapid Fire to do 20K in like 1.3 seconds (plus their 10+ seconds of poison and bleeding)

I HATE fighting thieves who nonstop 6K backstab or heartseeker from stealth and deadeyes who unblockably CC you into a 4x4K chain of rifle shots and Death's Judgement.

Oh, I also hate getting CCed by dead magebane tether spellbreakers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1