trolling tactics

raykor.6723

That some people have physiologically damaged brains that trigger dopamine hits for trollish behavior is just life. It's the way nature wired them. You probably won't believe me but I truly feel bad for them.

But what I cannot understand is why after nine years, ANET does not address the issue. There are game mechanics that could be implemented to minimize these occurrences. Ask the community for ideas and do something.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Can I ask for an example of what they do that trolls?

There are stuff some do but I don't, attacking players going for daily monuments or veteran creature. If an enemy waits outside the monument until I have it I'll step out and let them have it without a fight. Kind of mutual respect. Still, I can't really call it trolling to attack. Player A wants their daily camp capturer, Player B is an enemy trying to upgrade the nearby structures. They'll clash.

I suppose there is working against your team wasting supplies on purpose. Which could be called trolling.

14 hours ago, raykor.6723 said:

That some people have physiologically damaged brains that trigger dopamine hits for trollish behavior is just life. It's the way nature wired them. You probably won't believe me but I truly feel bad for them.

But what I cannot understand is why after nine years, ANET does not address the issue. There are game mechanics that could be implemented to minimize these occurrences. Ask the community for ideas and do something.

Maybe list what you consider trolling and provide it's solutions? Your post is very vague on what you're talking about.

If you're talking about tactivators(only existed for six years, not nine), there's been plenty of other threads on suggestions over the years, but most of it has been name and shame solutions which is probably a no go with anet. And a solution has already existed all this time, turn on private use of tactivators, and if it's over an objective you don't own, then maybe don't stress yourself out over it? end of the day most tactivators are just delay tactics, you still need players to defend stuff. Objectives flip hundreds of times over the course of the week when you're not even on, so why stress over losing something during your time on.

If you're talking about supply trolling, nothing can be done about that.

If you're talking about siege trolling, again nothing can be done about that unless you want anet to start restricting siege placements to certain positions.

9 minutes ago, gloflop.3510 said:

What comes into my mind as a method against trolls is that certain tactics cannot be used unless the structure is under attack. I am thinking of an ewp or a banner.

And you'd still get trolls triggering tactivators even in the cases when it's just some tapper running by aggroing the guards.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

Therr are game mechanics that already are implimented to minimize these occurances.

That they aren't used in large part is the community's choice. 

But.... but what if the guild that puts the tactivators on are the trolls?

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

And you'd still get trolls triggering tactivators even in the cases when it's just some tapper running by aggroing the guards.

I'd say the other thing, aren't some trolls players from other servers. Like some may be pulling the tactivator just to be annoying, it might be out of use when an attack is happening.  Others plan to attack when the tactivator is out of use so pull it before. So they could have a scout ready to hit the structure, swords appear, tactivator pulled.

13 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

But.... but what if the guild that puts the tactivators on are the trolls?

That's not trolling!

As Lord Protector I grant the peasants an occasional display of airial acrobatics to momentarily brighten their endless drudgery... Such is the obligation of nobility.

• Thanks 4

They should just make all the tactics passive and triggered on certain conditions.

Airship, Chilling fog, triggered when the lord is aggroed.

Minor supply drop, triggered when supply gets under 25% of total.

Invulnerable fortification, EWP, Banners, triggered when a wall or gate(inner for keeps) gets to 25%

Usual cooldowns.

Now if you're thinking but Xenesis! they can still troll aggro the lords with aoes or trebs in some towers!... who cares! invul is the most used tactic on towers and it'll be on wall or gate damage not lords, chilling fog is garbage best they use it early so they don't get to use it for alacrity in the lord fight, airship is smc only and best used on lord fights.

There, done, troll talk over, forget about pulling tactics and move on with your gaming.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

it depends on the linked server, if i don't like that server, i will pull tactics and siege troll during all the linked period, not gonna help server i hate. and i don't care what people on y server think about me becasue of that, it is not me who links servers. if i +- like or at least don't care about the server that was linked, i will play normally, will not pull a single tactic or anything like that.

this is actually not trolling, this is hate that was established during all these years since 2013, no wonder linkings casue such issues when you link enemies together.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

They should just make all the tactics passive and triggered on certain conditions.

Invulnerable fortification, EWP, Banners, triggered when a wall or gate(inner for keeps) gets to 25%

Usual cooldowns.

Now if you're thinking but Xenesis! they can still troll aggro the lords with aoes or trebs in some towers!... who cares! invul is the most used tactic on towers and it'll be on wall or gate damage not lords, chilling fog is garbage best they use it early so they don't get to use it for alacrity in the lord fight, airship is smc only and best used on lord fights.

There, done, troll talk over, forget about pulling tactics and move on with your gaming.

Anet...make it so.

2 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

yes but it becomes harder

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Usual cooldowns.

This idea could work. It would have to be thought through properly of course but it is a good starting point.

We have a troll whose only activities in WvW is building golems in all the towers and keeps, as they do that, they also troll the tactivators, they  have been reported countless times. sadly they keep coming back. They also have a "girlfriend" that help them build the golem on some occasion.  

Anytime they are online, you can be sure there is no supply left anywhere and all tactics are trolled as soon as they reset.  

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

We have a troll whose only activities in WvW is building golems in all the towers and keeps, as they do that, they also troll the tactivators, they  have been reported countless times. sadly they keep coming back. They also have a "girlfriend" that help them build the golem on some occasion.  

Anytime they are online, you can be sure there is no supply left anywhere and all tactics are trolled as soon as they reset.  

I guess they will soon become a floater, presuming Anet haven't abandoned World Restructuring. 

16 hours ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

We need to pull them to test. Its part of my ERP world. You know how many times you lose a keep due to a bad EWP? Well I dont know but the bean counter is working on getting me the stat with a pretty graph.

Also tacts has been out for 9 years? Time flies

True, I mean most of the time idiots pulling EWP just gets the server farmed. It's especially nonsensical in EBG Keep because it's like 10 feet from spawn. Invul is actually useful.

Also if you're going for an SMC farm, pulling the Airship to trick people to come is an effective tactic. That thing isn't what it used to be anyways. I mean if you want fights, you can't just like, hump SMC with cloaking waters 100% of the time, and expect people to care.

Oh yea, and buff auto turrets.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

There are a lot of times Tactics will save a group when they should have lost. I can understand being upset when someone takes that option away from you.

It's better to think of them as lottery tickets than as savings. Servers managed just fine before Tactics were added, probably because they responded faster and tried harder knowing they didn't have button to push that could suddenly turn the fight (eg. EWP, DBanner, Invulnerable Structure).

1 hour ago, Shroud.2307 said:

There are a lot of times Tactics will save a group when they should have lost. I can understand being upset when someone takes that option away from you.

It's better to think of them as lottery tickets than as savings. Servers managed just fine before Tactics were added, probably because they responded faster and tried harder knowing they didn't have button to push that could suddenly turn the fight (eg. EWP, DBanner, Invulnerable Structure).

That and the ability to WP in every 2.5 to 3 minutes because of the brief opening between the events that register as ‘defend’ prior to tactics.

Oh, that and when you could banner the Lord…

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

That and the ability to WP in every 2.5 to 3 minutes because of the brief opening between the events that register as ‘defend’ prior to tactics.

Oh, that and when you could banner the Lord…

So they made broken mechanics in to features.