Would you like to see Sohothin and/or Magdaer as legendary swords?

Ulysses.2058

Since the moment they updated Sohothin I've always thought it would make for an amazing legendary weapon. What do you think? As of immersion/lore breaking, we already can make the  claw of the Khan-Ur and the Shining Blade, so that's kind of broken already. 

Spoiler: also, the instance where you use it in PoF was amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it's still too similar to the Fiery Dragon Sword and wouldn't stand out in the same way other legendaries do. I looked it up on the Wiki and had to open the Fiery Dragon Sword page as well, to remind myself what that looked like so I could see the differences. Comparing the two side-by-side the differences are obvious, but if you'd just shown me the new Sohothin model and asked me which one it was I wouldn't have known for sure.

Add on the fact that I already have the Fiery Dragon Sword skin and can apply it to any sword for free but I rarely do because the effect gets annoying after a while and I don't think I'd ever want to make a legendary version.

BTW they've explained the 'lore break' of having legendary versions of weapons seen elsewhere in the game: they're replicas created by Zommoros in the Mystic Forge. I think it was hinted at before, but it's confirmed in the Mythwright Gambit raid.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think it's still too similar to the Fiery Dragon Sword and wouldn't stand out in the same way other legendaries do. I looked it up on the Wiki and had to open the Fiery Dragon Sword page as well, to remind myself what that looked like so I could see the differences. Comparing the two side-by-side the differences are obvious, but if you'd just shown me the new Sohothin model and asked me which one it was I wouldn't have known for sure.

Add on the fact that I already have the Fiery Dragon Sword skin and can apply it to any sword for free but I rarely do because the effect gets annoying after a while and I don't think I'd ever want to make a legendary version.

BTW they've explained the 'lore break' of having legendary versions of weapons seen elsewhere in the game: they're replicas created by Zommoros in the Mystic Forge. I think it was hinted at before, but it's confirmed in the Mythwright Gambit raid.

I can see where you're going, but to me the differences between the two are pretty big. Starting from Sohothin having an actual blade, to the effects, the Fiery Dragon Sword seems like a noticeably much simpler version. I do have the FDS skin too, and everytime I see Rytlock wielding Sohothin I feel jealous. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, keykey.9182 said:

Sohothin's hilt is slightly different than Fiery dragon sword but overall they look pretty much the same . You want it you play GW1 it's been part of the legacy reward for years.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Claw_of_the_Khan-Ur
vs
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Centurions_Claw_(skin)
ANet doesn't care and if they wanted, would add a new legendary that  references an old skin.

• Confused 5

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Claw_of_the_Khan-Ur
vs
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Centurions_Claw_(skin)
ANet doesn't care and if they wanted, would add a new legendary that  references an old skin.

But you already have the skin, you only need to play GW1 ANET does not need to put it again,  Khanur(4 blades+jewels) is a total rework its not even remotely close to Centurion Claw (2 blades no jewel, ugliest hilt ever). 

Aren't the Legendary also about the Aura

A Ghostly weapon that turn you translucent/Foefire like would be work-able and look nice. Lore-wise I would say maybe turn it in a dagger as a reforged weapon. With King Adelbern's Crown floating over the head

Sohothin would be less interesting as there are already a Fire themed weapon (Gen 1 Dagger)

On 10/14/2021 at 3:25 AM, keykey.9182 said:

But you already have the skin, you only need to play GW1 ANET does not need to put it again,  Khanur(4 blades+jewels) is a total rework its not even remotely close to Centurion Claw (2 blades no jewel, ugliest hilt ever). 

If you were around when that dagger was released and actually observed the forums, you'd know that there were a ton of complaints about how similar the Claw daggers looked and how ANet was 'devaluing HoM skins' with releasing it.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fiery_Dragon_Sword#/media/File:Fiery_Dragon_Sword.jpg
vs
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sohothin#/media/File:Sohothin.jpg

I always am for more legendary options (as long as the path to them is still legendary), especially ones that have previously established lore to go with them. That being said, I probably wouldn’t take the time to build Sohothin, given the Fiery Dragon Sword I get for free. Maegdar? Ehhh, it would have to have some pretty cool animations to go with it, as I looooooove the Shining Blade (and Bolt, to a lesser extent) already

To me, Sohothin has a very nostalgic look, having played the original Guild Wars. Because of that fact, I also have access to the Fiery Dragon Sword skin through the Hall of Monuments, like a lot of players do. It's how Sohothin looked before they updated it.

Add to that its appearance which is not on par with other legendary weapons, in my opinion. Far from it.

Because of all of the above, I would not be interested in a Legendary Sohothin, unless it goes through a radical visual update, which wouldn't be Sohothin anymore, anyway.

Edited by MikeG.6389
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 6:31 PM, Ulysses.2058 said:

And would you people be ok if the FDS was updated with the new Sohothin model and effects? Or would that be too much for a GW reward? 

Considering the fact that Sohothin throughout its entire lifespan pre-PoF was just a Fiery Dragon Sword, this should have been the case since the beginning. 

• Thanks 1