Another way to obtain the Gift of Battle Please!

Mell.4873

I mean I'm fine doing WvW but being forced to do this for legendary crafting means I'm more incentivised to afk since I cant be bothered following a zerg around. 

I mean I die in the zerg and then spend the next 10 minutes running along the map to catch up lowering my participation rank. I normally just resort to soloing sentry capturing rather than trying to keep up with a zerg. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 10

12 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I mean I'm fine doing WvW but being forced to do this for legendary crafting means I'm more incentivised to afk since I cant be bothered following a zerg around. 

I mean I die in the zerg and then spend the next 10 minutes running along the map to catch up lowering my participation rank. I normally just resort to soloing sentry capturing rather than trying to keep up with a zerg. 

Well, it sounds as if you found a solution.

I mean, as a WvW player I despise world completion.  But if we want the Shiny’s , those are the things we need to do.

Oh…. I wouldn’t try to get WvW legendary armor if I were you….,  🤷

Edited by Strider Pj.2193
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

What about the Gifts required to make a Legendary that require PvE/Open World? Should there be other ways to obtain those?

I don't necessarily think so, in the sense that the Gifts do what they attempt to: they get people to do multiple types of content. Yeah you might do some random solo activity, join a Zerg, or even AFK...how you participate in WvW and obtain the GoB is ultimately your choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If you have the patience, do only the dailies in WvW for the consumables. You need 80 to complete a track from zero, so it's not fast, but if you are so fed up with the game mode, it's an alternative worth considering.

Edit: well, way to become obsolete on arrival...

Edited by MikeG.6389
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 10:59 AM, Pacificterror.7805 said:

What about the Gifts required to make a Legendary that require PvE/Open World? Should there be other ways to obtain those?

I don't necessarily think so, in the sense that the Gifts do what they attempt to: they get people to do multiple types of content. Yeah you might do some random solo activity, join a Zerg, or even AFK...how you participate in WvW and obtain the GoB is ultimately your choice.

I guess I don't like being forced to do it. Instead they should add the reward track to conquest aswell. 

Or provide a pve option like strikes or something. 

World completion is fine since its not hard but WvW, even dailies are hard to get. I mean I have died on a keep capture and ended up getting no daily completion. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 7

16 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Gift of Battle is 4-8 hours. World completion , even speedclear records are 20 hours+.
If Gift of Battle is so much of an obstacle then you should just do the WvW dailies since it comes from the reward track and not from skirmish tickets. 80 WvW potions = 1 reward track.

4-8 hours if you stay at max participation. 

10 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I guess I don't like being forced to do it. Instead they should add the reward track to conquest aswell. 

Or proved a pve option like strikes or something. 

World completion is fine since its not hard but WvW, even dailies are hard to get. I mean I have died on a keep capture and ended up getting no daily completion. 

I gave you the perfect out, where you could have easily said "Yeah all game modes should have different options".....Instead you decided to respond with "The content I want to play is fine, everyone should be cool with that - it's this game mode that's a problem because that's what I feel".

Feelsbad.jpg, no hope.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Pacificterror.7805 said:

I gave you the perfect out, where you could have easily said "Yeah all game modes should have different options".....Instead you decided to respond with "The content I want to play is fine, everyone should be cool with that - it's this game mode that's a problem because that's what I feel".

Feelsbad.jpg, no hope.

I just wanted another way, I mean even map completion can be half completed in WvW with Notarized Scroll of Heroics. So why can't the gift have something similar. 

• Confused 9

3 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I do try, it's just a bit of grind rather than me playing WvW because I enjoying it. 

If you like roaming the map, run ahead of the Zerg.  Kill guards at each tower, camp and keep along the way.  One guard takes little time and it might get you a few 1 v 1’s along the way.  

If that structure flips, to your side, you get both WxP (to help you level in WvW,) and you get 10 minutes of participation.  Never mind that the guards themselves give a little bit of each.

You also start to meet some friendlies that are doing the same thing…,  If it’s a chore, it’s usually easier with a couple…. 

🙂

• Like 1

They should provide more ways to get the Gift of Battle, even if it's like a once a week purchase for Badges of Honor or something. For WvW players they should provide a reward track to get the Gift of Exploration and also just in general with those map completion gifts make them more repeatable in some way. Maybe give those a once a week karma purchase.

Edited by Vidit.7108
  • Confused 4

I'm not a huge WvWr, but enjoy it for dailies, maybe helping with a tower or keep, doing some camps, territory control, vet, spender, guards, donkeys, etc. When I don't have another track that I really want, I always reset it to the one that gives the GoB. I have maybe 5-6 in the bank, takes a few months to get each one when I'm on that track. That way, if I ever do craft another legendary (after my one and only), I'll have some ready to go.

• Like 1

I only do the super easy WvW Dailies; Big Spender, Land Claimer, Master of Monuments, occasionally World Ranker (only from saved Chests), and put the Potions in the bank.  (I used to do Veteran Creature Slayer as well, but, for me, too much waiting around.) Takes a few months, but then I always have enough Potions to complete any WvW track I want. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vidit.7108 said:

They should provide more ways to get the Gift of Battle, even if it's like a once a week purchase for Badges of Honor or something. For WvW players they should provide a reward track to get the Gift of Exploration and also just in general with those map completion gifts make them more repeatable in some way. Maybe give those a once a week karma purchase.

Yeah I would be happy with that. Maybe instead of gifts of exploration a bundle of consumables that complete hero points, pot, and hearts.

That way you could get keys and stuff as well. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Yeah, GoB is a drag if WvW isn't your mode. I sympathize, but I also just grind it out when I need one and bolt as soon as I have it. It really isn't too bad honestly.

I always wonder if this behavior bothers regular WvW players.

I can’t be bothered to grind a game mode I wouldn’t naturally play.  I have only gone into WvW once in the past 2 years and actually tried to play. As someone at the time explained to me, I shouldn’t bother trying to WvW, I should just do the bare minimum to get my pips.

Seems like the common refrain towards more PvE centric players; do the bare minimum. Don’t bother trying to WvW. 

As for the OP, this topic has come up before and I would personally be okay with a method for PvE, PvP and WvW players to all have direct access to the Gifts they need for Legendaries. Even just a basic exchange of say 4 GoB for 1 GoE or 2 GoE for 1 GoB.  Yes it is expensive but that seems a fair trade for not having to enter a game mode you may not care to play. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I guess it would vary from player to player, but by now I'm pretty sure regular WvW players know the flaws of the system and that people are going to try to game it, and kind of expect that out of them.

My advice to anyone trying to zerg just for a Gift of Battle would be, don't put yourself in harm's way, take a backline spec and just contribute however you (safely) can. Getting participation on kills basically works like tagging in PvE - you don't need to be doing most of the damage, you just need to hit stuff. And if you're in the back, if you do go down you're more likely to get a res before full down.