Fragment of Prismatic Light - Sell or keep?

medivh.4725

Dear Anet,

"Unlocks your choice of an End of Dragons Legendary Precursor weapon. Redeemable in End of Dragons. Once this item has been acquired, it can be safely sold or discarded."

For 5 golds I normally sell it there and then. No questions asked. However, what makes it confusing I think, is that it also says "Redeemable in End of Dragons."

Obviously I want that "Choice of an End of Dragons Legendary Precursor weapon" as well. 

It even says "Can be safely sold or discarded". Now who the hell will discard this worth of 5 gold piece. 

Help. If sell do we forfiet choice of precursor later? My guildies have mixed answers, some sell some keep. I value the choice of precursor more then 5 gold. If wait and keep it, how long more must I keep this item?

"Once this item has been acquired, it can be safely sold or discarded."

So is it safe to sell/salvage this item or do I need it like token to unlock the new precursor? It is kinda confusing - submitted by SpitefulShrimp

For referencing: 

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Confused 2

47 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

^yup, I don't know how it's still unclear for some people 🙃

You are clearly not getting the point. Maybe read the reddit page and see people's opinion. If you sell now you can't redeem cursor. It is a trade off which you have to decide.
Then go and ask yourself, is 5 g important or the precursor weapon important. Which one is more valuable

"Safely sold at the expense of your precursor" more like it

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Confused 6

13 minutes ago, medivh.4725 said:

You are clearly not getting the point. Maybe read the reddit page and see people's opinion. If you sell now you can't redeem cursor. It is a trade off which you have to decide.
Then go and ask yourself, is 5 g important or the precursor weapon important. Which one is more valuable!?

If it is safe to sell or discard then you will be able to chose precursor even if you sell or discard it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, medivh.4725 said:

You are clearly not getting the point. Maybe read the reddit page and see people's opinion. If you sell now you can't redeem cursor.

Yes, you can. Maybe instead of ""advising me"" to read reddit, try reading and understanding what the item itself says.

So, again: I don't know how it's still unclear for some people -and you're the one that's not getting the point. 🙄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, medivh.4725 said:

Huh? 

The key words here are safely and discarded. If you can SAFELY discard it, you obviously won't get five gold. Therefore, whether you sell it or discard it, you get a precursor either way. There is no real question. People are just insecure because some things in the past have been labelled in misleading ways or not labeled at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's like the items for the Court Duty achievements, you could sell them and still 'show' them to the courtiers for Court Duty: Where Lunatics Dare because the game tracked whether you had it based on the achievement, not based on whether the item is in your inventory or not. The only difference here is the item isn't marked as junk and is worth more.

I suspect it would confuse some people if an item which will give you a precursor was marked as junk. Maybe the original intention was that you'd have to keep it but they realised a lot of people would lose or misplace it before EoD launched so it was easier to just require the achievement be completed rather than actually having the item because otherwise they'd have a whole mess of support tickets to deal with.

Having said that if you want to keep it until EoD launches and you've got your precursor you can obviously do that. The only difference it will make is delaying when you get the 5g.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1