Few to Nobody is doing Twisted Marionette

Iristrismegistus.1293

Before Halloween, people were doing the Twisted Marionette. It wasn't that active, but a person could join the Public Marionette at reset, the instance after reset, and the one after that with a fairly moderate to high chance of success. But then Halloween came. Everyone went to do the Mad Labyrinth, and the timing clashed with "The Mad King Says". People only did the Public Marionette instance at reset itself.

Halloween has been over for a week now, and yet people STILL don't do the Public Marionette. I have tried, many times, to run a Public Marionette Instance, ferrying people from the Karka Queen timing to Public marionette. And most time it fails because many of the people are unfamiliar with the mechanics (especially for Lane 2).

The issue bothers me a lot because this a world boss much like Dragonstorm, Tequatl, and TTT. It nets 2G. However, people are discouraged from doing the Marionette past reset. And when it comes to reset, you have to join fast, or you end up on the overflow, and people dont seem willing to advertise overflow. Its fairly irritating, because this was a public event I was enjoying until Halloween lessened interest in it.

• Like 1

Just now, mythical.6315 said:

It’s because outside of achievements, there’s really no reason to do it. 

No reason? For every chain severed, it drops a box worth 1g in loot. Its also a VERY good source of watchwork sprockets, which you can use to craft stuff like Runes of Tormenting. Thats gold. And again, a successful Marionette nets 2g. If you do TTT, Marionette, Tequatl and Dragonstorm, along with the Daily, thats 10g. Top that up with daily fractal,. and its a good way to make money.

The issue was that the event WAS active before Halloween. A lot of people were doing it for at least three instances.

• Like 3

On EU, I am finding it hard to join a populated instance around reset, which is midnight where I am. During the day, it's more likely that there are enough players around but it's not guaranteed. I'm not sure why it's seemingly so unpopular. It's easy enough and gives ample rewards...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Iristrismegistus.1293 said:

No reason? For every chain severed, it drops a box worth 1g in loot. Its also a VERY good source of watchwork sprockets, which you can use to craft stuff like Runes of Tormenting. Thats gold. And again, a successful Marionette nets 2g. If you do TTT, Marionette, Tequatl and Dragonstorm, along with the Daily, thats 10g. Top that up with daily fractal,. and its a good way to make money.

The issue was that the event WAS active before Halloween. A lot of people were doing it for at least three instances.

I didn’t say that it didn’t give any rewards. What I said was that there wasn’t any reason to do it beyond the achievements. There’s no rare infusion or special drops like Dragonstorm. Also look at the time spent doing the meta compared to other things. It’s very far from being a good way to make gold in this game. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

At least from people that I've discussed this with ... they simply don't know when it starts.  Sure it's on a timer of some sort ... that's great if you camp timers and wait around for things. For the dude just logging in to see what's happening just to do something ... it's crap. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, Iristrismegistus.1293 said:

Is Marionette and Dragonstorm events in the gemstore World boss portal device? I don't remember seeing their prompts. Unless that thing is only for Tyria bosses? 😰

Edited by Mil.3562

Well not everybody plays scourge (or necro at all due to it being a class that needs no skill) and since all the squads want those for cheesing the encounter it's only logical it's dead now. Removing the public instance version was a mistake. Also not everyone has much time at their disposal and only does the daily log in paired with event stuff. Especially as the agme is boring for veterans these days because there#s nothing to do anymore unless you raid every week or do fractals every day but when you got all legendary armors, the legendary fractal backpack, all fractal collections, all fractal achievements done and all legendary weapons it's very boring. Only thing I could do is WvW atm but ping is terrible as EU servers aren't really the greatest and my server's community isn't really active anymore due to a break the leading commanders and guilds take for a few months because of exams and job stuff. Also WvW is imbalanced and PvP is a different topic... PvP is well... There's a massive bot problem right now. 

However once you get all the achievements of a "new" update done (which can be doen in less than 1 hour or 3 hours depending on each update) usually nobody revisits it again. Even Silverwastes RIBA and chest farm have cmpletely died even though it's recommended for gold farming. You only see like 1 or 3 lfg entries there every 12 hours of which most likely all of thsoe have full maps. Maybe it's just because I blocked what feels like thousands of people which might be why lfg is dead there or the fact that I play during NA prime times even though I live in EU but I noticed that lfg is suually dead or scammy (full maps everywhere or maps that fail). 

• Confused 10

23 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Well, the other World Bosses are only told to the players that happen to have the World Boss Portals.  The Event Timer, on the other hand, gives times for every World Boss/Meta. 

Yeah but, look at Dragonstorm, one of the reasons so many is there every spawn is due to the world boss portal device, hundreds of people have it. I go to bosses outside of the device, such as Death Branded Shatterer, and nobodies there for many kills, have to show up at the right time of day, say during one of Arilo's many run's. Same deal for this, we'd get many more instances of Marionette going if they added it to the device, more people def use it then outside of the game event timers. 

• Thanks 2

Then, give a suggestion to add to/add another World Boss Portal?  There were players finding the World Bosses before World Boss Portals, I guess.  There's a special icon in the map for The Twisted Marionette.

I don't know what the answer is, other than those wanting to know where/when The Twisted Marionette is to look in the Wiki or ask someone.  🤷‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

It also could use an icon in the Eye of the North like Dragonstorm does.  Would make it much easier to tell when it's up.  If you aren't viewing friendly NPC names, it's tough to find the Mist Stranger you need to talk to to join.

Well, there's an event circle and an event marker for it on the map.  Kind of hard to miss.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Katastroff.1045 said:

No matter if there's an event icon in EotN, the event added to the WB portal thingy or even a screen wide alert to anyone online 5 minutes before it starts,  this event needs a real incentive to bring back people to do it.

Porque no los... all of that?

Put some LS1 things in as uncommon drops, bring back key pieces, add Marionette-specific cosmetics/infusions/weapons. Pop this fight into the world boss portal device. Make it a rotating daily. Call it out in EotN with a visible countdown timer.

I'm not inherently against instanced content, but the Marionette is a perfect of example of how it can be weaker than openworld (insomuch as people doing/grouping up for it). It needs to be given every opportunity for players to see it, know when it's happening, and access it in a timely fashion. Without these things, it's just kind of tucked into a broom closet until it's suddenly needed for a return to achievement.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2