Virtuoso changes look great

Mell.4873

21 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I don't have to agree with everyone, if people came out and said virtuoso is amazing I would probably  point out why it is not. 

I just tend to be devil's advocate. 

I like Virtuoso because I will most likely use it in open world vs bosses and that's about it. I only use mirage for end-game content anyway, I don't like chrono at all for end game. 

Okay I understand that, but to say Bladeturn Requiem (a channeled 2 second block that deals minute damage as a trade off) is an improvement from the non-channeled, invulnerability of Distortion just took me by surprise.

Even then I still feel there's many improvements to be made to make it more viable in open world, CMC even admitted to the fact that Anet didn't work on the Virtuoso changes as much as the other specs, which is obvious. My feedback was collected very quickly because it barely changed from Beta 1 despite all the feedback we gave that needed to happen but hasn't. But like I've said throughout the forum, I'm hopeful that eventually the Virtuoso will become a solid ranged power dps spec.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Aedil.1296 said:

Yep but blades are cooler than clones and phantasm are still OK 😊

Yeah, its really cool how all of the attacks that would otherwise be directed at clones are directed at you instead.  I love that blades don't trigger dragonhunter traps for me or eat a headshot coming my way.  Its so kittening cool. 

In all seriousness, the blades do look awesome but they've functionally removed way too much utility from Mesmer.  Virtuoso doesn't have the mobility Mirage uses to rotate efficiently in spvp.  It doesn't have the AOE burst/control that Chronomancer uses to turn the tide of team fights.  Its not even close to Core Mesmer in terms of the defense, utility, and finesse needed to 1vX.

They should just bring back clones to Virtuoso.  It could still use blades to fuel the shatters.  Clones would just chill and perform their slowed-down auto attack until killed (or the Mesmer breaks combat). The new Virtuoso stuff would only create blades, but Core Mesmer skills and traits would create both a blade and a clone.  Core traits like Sharper Images and Fencer's Finesse would function properly again and Virtuoso would be so much better off. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 12:40 PM, zealex.9410 said:

Will not comment on the dmg numbers as i havent olayed it yet bit im not sure why dagger needed a dmg nerf when it also doesnt bring amythimg but dmg.

Unlike sword and scepter dagger doesnt have a utility/defensive skill so it really needed the glass cannon aspect to be strong.

If you gonna nerf the dmg at least add utility or defensives, like idk making it so you can recast dagger 3 to teleport to your tornado or smth.

Also for the love of god fix utilities requiring us facing the target and fix the f4 its underpowered and a hot mess.

In all honesty virtuoso needed 0 nerfs, it needed a mechanic rework and it needs to revert back to having a distortion not block + quite a few tweaks to its ability. 

It needed massive help realistically and it needs a distinctive mechanic to add to that as currently it feels like it doesn't even have one. 

• Like 3

Lets be real here, all these feedbacks are going to be ignored because ANET devs instead of reading the actual game forum they are going to reddit instead. 

Them putting a Virtuoso feedback thread is honestly a slap in the face.

And yea as I recall this is the last beta before being finalized so stop saying that this is only beta because look at the bang up job they did with the first beta.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 4

I am baffled by how many bad decisions this company made in the development of GW2, but now… Virtuoso and it’s state in Beta 4? I have never experienced something like this ever before. This company deleted game content for 3 years and accepted that people who payed real money (a lot of money!) are not able to play their class anymore. And they have the guts to literally spit in the face of the community with two underwhelming betas, ignoring not only a few comments but the whole kitten feedback threat and Mesmer forum in generell? And somehow this company still manages to generate customers that post things like that? How in the name of lyssa? That’s some real mesmer magic happening right here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

In all honesty virtuoso needed 0 nerfs, it needed a mechanic rework and it needs to revert back to having a distortion not block + quite a few tweaks to its ability. 

It needed massive help realistically and it needs a distinctive mechanic to add to that as currently it feels like it doesn't even have one. 

Id be a fan of swapping the blkck for blade renewal as our f4, using it would refresh your blades but the most blades you spend the distort gets extended, like regular f4.

10 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Lets be real here, all these feedbacks are going to be ignored because ANET devs instead of reading the actual game forum they are going to reddit instead. 

And yea as I recall this is the last beta before being finalized so stop saying that this is only beta because look at the bang up job they did with the first beta.

Which is a huge mistake because there are many examples of paid "positivity spreaders" on reddit.

I really wish anet would polish up the main-hand dagger. And I really did not like the other off-hand weapons paired with the dagger… didn’t work.

why doesn’t this espec get dual daggers with a block or mobility? 

other especs received absurd mobility in their kits…

Not to mention, this is the third Expansion where Mesmer won’t get a two-handed weapon.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 1:13 PM, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Blade Turn Requiem could potentially work if the damage was actually threatening enough to make anything trying to attack you have to immediately back off or else die like Dragon Hunter's Procession of Blades. Especially since the biggest threats to Virtuoso are daredevil and power herald, both of which have easy access to unblockable that they are going to have up when they attack you.

But a 2 second block that in PvP will do 1-2k damage if you hit every attack is pathetic.  It's such a laughably over the top complete downgrade to distortion, alongside the F3, with literally no upside. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Blade Turn Requiem could potentially work if the damage was actually threatening enough to make anything trying to attack you have to immediately back off or else die like Dragon Hunter's Procession of Blades. Especially since the biggest threats to Virtuoso are daredevil and power herald, both of which have easy access to unblockable that they are going to have up when they attack you.

But a 2 second block that in PvP will do 1-2k damage if you hit every attack is pathetic.  It's such a laughably over the top complete downgrade to distortion, alongside the F3, with literally no upside. 

Damage is pathetic enough but they also lowered the dmg coefficients from .3 to .2 for PvE lol. Makes me wonder what goes inside their head into thinking this skill is too OP and needs further dmg nerf.

• Sad 1

When content creators give content like this with no real depth insight to why mesmer is "cheating". Wonders why our class keeps getting derped to the ground. Yet when he goes on why ranger is bad when "news flash" it isn't he can make a whole book on why its bad. 

GW2 Content Creators in a Nutshell.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

When content creators give content like this with no real depth insight to why mesmer is "cheating". Wonders why our class keeps getting derped to the ground. Yet when he goes on why ranger is bad when "news flash" it isn't he can make a whole book on why its bad. 

GW2 Content Creators in a Nutshell.

From the video itself and the comments under it, those ppl seem spend no more than 5 hours playing mesmer. 

• Like 1