We need more runes like rune of the trapper!

lightstalker.1498

I think there should be more runes that offer amazing utility, but they should also only target 2 classes each, that share some common skill type that only two classes have. Because trapper has stealth and superspeed, I think the next rune should have blur or distortion and put slow and cripple on nearby targets when using said skill type. What other suggestions do you guys think would really boil the blood of your opponents?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

I mean, there are runes that require a pet, runes that trigger on Stances, runes that require auras, runes triggered by Glyphs, runes triggered by Shouts, runes that require a kit/conjure, runes triggered by Wells........ etc

Runes that are only usable for 1-2 professions are hardly unique. It's like you guys don't even know what there is in the game.

Or did you mean that we need a rune that literally nobody uses in MAT?

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

I mean, there are runes that require a pet, runes that trigger on Stances, runes that require auras, runes triggered by Glyphs, runes triggered by Shouts, runes that require a kit/conjure, runes triggered by Wells........ etc

Runes that are only usable for 1-2 professions are hardly unique. It's like you guys don't even know what there is in the game.

Or did you mean that we need a rune that literally nobody uses in MAT?

Maybe to clarify then. Better runes that contribute to a play style the way trapper runes inherently changes the build (like making DH trapper actually viable in ranked).

On 11/28/2021 at 12:53 AM, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Since rangers shouts got changed to commands it is now left out of the soldier tune support meta, so to even the playing field -

rune of the commander

same stats as soldier but every time you use a command all enemies around you are feared for 2 seconds

taunted, you command them to attack you, lulW

I have fantastic ideas.

Rune of the Thisisamistake: your shouts apply aegis and resistance to affected allies.
Rune of the Dontdothis: physical skills apply vulnerability and reveal targets.
Rune of the Ohmygodstop: your wells heal allies and blind enemies with each pulse.
Rune of the Trapper: your traps apply stealth and superspeed.

Okay maybe the last one is overkill. Yeah thinking about it, I definitely overshot with that one. But the first 3 would be a perfect addition to the game.

Edited by Bazsi.2734
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Superior Rune of Parents Dissappointment:
1) Get banned from using Chat if user believes that stealth, condies, boons, sustain, damage, elite specializations are balanced and healthy for the game.
2) Get banned from participating in PvE Events if user believes that benchmarks are valid with boons applied via console and food.
3) Get banned from using Traders if user believes that game isn't become a chore with all grind.
4) Get banned from WvW if users usage of cheese builds is higher than 51% overall playtime in said gamemode.
5) Get banned from PvP if users usage of cheese builds is higher than 51% of all matches done on it's account.
6) Get permabanned from the game if all previous effects are active.

5 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Place a shocking field when using banners and grant shocking aura to you and allies for 5s after placing a banner. 

Banner warrior meta again!1

Bruh everyone screamed to the heavens when support warrior was a thing cause it healed and cleansed conditions while ccing a little, I can't imagine the QQ if warrior got tempest shock aura share.