Annual 'please buff staff' thread

Newholiday.8103

• 4 weeks later...

I guess Catalys is slightly better with staff due to giving it self quickness, making thing unblockable, and being able to reset cd for one atument type. I am just not sure if catalys has staff in mind and if we should realty depend on the "next new thing" to fix old content.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

I guess Catalys is slightly better with staff due to giving it self quickness, making thing unblockable, and being able to reset cd for one atument type. I am just not sure if catalys has staff in mind and if we should realty depend on the "next new thing" to fix old content.

Until they nerf it again because "elite spec too strong against cat golem, better nerf core skills, traits and weapons"  like they did because of weaver.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

Yeah, if EOD isn't gonna give a range weapon, Anet should revamp the only long range weapon Ele has.

It's the perfect time to do it cause Anet knows the potential of weaver and what catalyst can do. They could update skills while keeping especs in mind. Most of staff just needs quality of life buffs. This weapon is stuck in 2012

• Like 9

Remember when Staff Weaver was an actual build in Wvw? 

One that needed some skill because you were running Zerker as much as you possibly could for some big Meteor numbers? 

Not like these days were Meteorshower tickels like a feather? 

Ahhhh.... Better days.... 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Remember when Staff Weaver was an actual build in Wvw? 

One that needed some skill because you were running Zerker as much as you possibly could for some big Meteor numbers? 

Not like these days were Meteorshower tickels like a feather? 

Ahhhh.... Better days.... 

You don't enjoy these 3k crits on first hits on perma boon balls?
Imagine if Static Field would actually stun someone...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sunshine.5014 said:

And when Catalyst becomes OP, they will nerf Ele Core traits and Staff, to fix Catalyst.

Ele has one of the most, if not the most underpowered core traits in the game.

This is what I'm most afraid of.  Catalyst OP, but instead of nerfing the Catalyst spec, all the core specs will be nerfed since the EoD specs are needed to sell the expansion.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, primatos.5413 said:

I think it´s the only weapon where taking damage can be avoided by  .. just moving ..  (autoattack) isn´t it ?  O.o

But Ele still fine if u listen to Anet *shrug*

Just move slightly to the left or right and you can avoid to the staff attk hehe. Its from the old ideal of gw2 being an near action combat game but every thing else got a massive travel speed buff but for staff skills. Landing earth 1 on any target with a brain is impossible (i love the part where we still have tracking ai of skills that thinks the person is going to fly to space when they jump so you fire into the air).

• Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

I feel like having the Mage caster with a staff archetype be nonviable bad is just a bad idea all around. I have had on two occasions had friends put off from even trying GW2 after letting them know that their favourite character fantasy would be unacceptable in the endgame PVE. Buffing staff and maybe even reworking some of the skills just makes sense so that it can see use on one or multiple of the elite specs in PVE.  If you want to fulfill this playstyle the closest you can get is an alac Mirage and that is a support hybrid, not a DPS. The only other DPS that can use staff is Daredevil, and a melee Bo staff is just not the same. 

Edited by Celeste.9135
  • Like 9

I wish they would go back and rework a lot of skills. It feels like they are still stuck in 2012 with a lot of the content. The balance has been atrocious for elementalist and is nothing but a running joke at this point. I'm playing another game that recently came out and their mage class is considered to be good compared to the one we get here.

• Like 1

Core ele doesnt have weak traits; it has weak weapons with weak base damage and coefficients. Also its healing from all sources is significantly weaker from vanilla. You also cant get the same boon duration as vanilla without concentration. So now you need vitality, boon duration and healing power to stay alive. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Core ele doesnt have weak traits; it has weak weapons with weak base damage and coefficients. Also its healing from all sources is significantly weaker from vanilla. You also cant get the same boon duration as vanilla without concentration. So now you need vitality, boon duration and healing power to stay alive. 

But all of the combo fields and finishers!!!

/s

• Sad 1

On 11/29/2021 at 6:09 PM, Tungsten Monarch.6058 said:

They can buff it by reducing cast times by 1/4th seconds on most SKILL 1 options.

That would solve most issues.

i wish they would change some of the 1 Skills. At the moment some of them and most notably fire is shot at the current location of the enemy instead of the enemy itself. Players that have swiftness and just keep running will hardly every get hit. It just feels SOOO outdated =(

• Like 3