Love the new legendary amulet.

1 minute ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

"forced me to play some content" =/= "just playing the game"

But these achievements you get just by going through the LW seasons playing their content, it really is "just playing the game" in this regard.

What are you salty over a legendary that for once didn't require +1000g worth a materials?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

yeah, you just naturally complete EVERY achievement just playing 🙄

Um, you pretty much do actually. What I said wasn't far from being true. The hardest thing about the achievements for these Return To's is doing the map metas. I'm pretty sure no soul selling went into that. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

5 minutes ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

pretty much, not far, kinda, sorta,  basically...

Um, ok ... well, you pretend you need to sell your soul to simply play the game. The rest of us will use our Amulet.

I mean, your argument doesn't make sense really ... the game 'forces' you to do all kinds of content to get the rewards for doing those things. You thought you wouldn't have to do anything to get this or something? It would just fall in your lap? The fact is that there wasn't anything exceptional above and beyond playing the game to get ANY of these achievements done ... certainly nothing you weren't 'forced' to do the first time people did the content. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

pretty much, not far, kinda, sorta,  basically...

Nah, those achievements are more or less self-completing if you just play the episodes/related maps. Really some of the most basic stuff there is to do, not even close to what you're pretending it is... for whatever reason you're doing it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

He's just salty about this amulet being so easily accessible when he invested a lot of time in Transcendence, would be my guess (based on his "ascension" reference). Or just being salty in general.

I'd be betting on hardcore pvp player that despise the thought of having to do that filthy PvE 😉 (based on same ascension reference)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is easiest legendary by far, even more, u get gold instead of spend gold.

i didnt count, but is 200 mystics coins in total? also stack of map currencies for those are in need to grind them...

Even festivals cant compare to that.

i have suggested something like it when eod announced, i wonder if they read me. the ideia was bring back ppl to the  lore of the game, then a will to see where EODs lore going.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

He's just salty about this amulet being so easily accessible when he invested a lot of time in Transcendence, would be my guess (based on his "ascension" reference). Or just being salty in general.

Amulets are like the easiest slot to replace. Even if one were to just skim the return achievements and grab only partial rewards, they'd easily be able to afford many amulets; some stat selectable.

Heck, I don't ever plan to get the amulet, but the AP/map currency is sufficient.

Soul selling? Not for this.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

i didnt count, but is 200 mystics coins in total? also stack of map currencies for those are in need to grind them...

i have suggested something like it when eod announced, i wonder if they read me. the ideia was bring back ppl to the  lore of the game, then a will to see where EODs lore going.

For us frequent players at least. In the long run there will be people who didn't unlock the LS for free wanting it.

4 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

For us frequent players at least. In the long run there will be people who didn't unlock the LS for free wanting it.

Perhaps, but unlocking the episodes also gives access to two more legendaries plus fantastic farms, metas, and good story.  The only season that's questionable value to unlock is Season 2.  The rest are well worth it if you like playing the game.

55 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Lots of coins. I made HOPE during the Return to series and had coins left over.

Used all the LW currencies for unbound/volatile magics to buy the home instance nodes that I did not already have or to get more trophy boxes.

All in all this was a gold maker rather than a gold sink.

Now watch the new Legendaries in EoD require a stack of all those LW currencies lol. I wouldn't even be mad, epic troll would be epic. I'd just play the maps all over again on a new character and have fun all over again.

• Thanks 3

I dont understand some people. All achievement are literaly just finish the story and play on the map. It is always the same thing in the same order :

-Finish episode X

-Mine 30 ores

-chop 30 woods

-gather 15 plants

-complete 15-20 map event

-sometime finish the map puzzle jump

-sometime find some hidden chest / map easter eggs (looking at you 3 legendary lama)

-if there are bounty 5 different bounty, finish 5 bounty (no you dont need to complete each bounty, you can just spam the same one over and over again)

-finish the map meta event

The only tricky part can be jumping puzzle (I know it was the tricky part for me) but other than that, you literaly just have to play on the map.

Edited by Alcatraznc.3869
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

I dont understand some people. All achievement are literaly just finish the story and play on the map. It is always the same thing in the same order :

-Finish episode X

-Mine 30 ores

-chop 30 woods

-gather 15 plants

-complete 15-20 map event

-sometime finish the map puzzle jump

-sometime find some hidden chest / map easter eggs (looking at you 3 legendary lama)

-if there are bounty 5 different bounty, finish 5 bounty (no you dont need to complete each bounty, you can just spam the same one over and over again)

-finish the map meta event

The only tricky part can be jumping puzzle (I know it was the tricky part for me) but other than that, you literaly just have to play on the map.

Exactly! It was an amazing reward for just going back and having fun in some old maps. Kind of mad they didn't do something for HoT and PoF in conjunction with a flash sale for them (being free for the expansions would be a stretch).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

24 sets of achievements, but Steel and Fire doesn't reward Mystic Coins. The rest reward 3 so 23*3 = 69.... nice?

6 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

24 sets of achievements, but Steel and Fire doesn't reward Mystic Coins. The rest reward 3 so 23*3 = 69.... nice?

Depends if you want the weapon skins or not. For example I got 9 coins out of each IBS episode since I had already unlocked all of the glittering skins, so got an extra 6 MC out of each episode. If you don't care for any of the skins you're up to 23*9 = 207 MC.

4 hours ago, William.3871 said:

Is this amulet available if I try to do this in a couple of months?

The possible challenge is finding people to do some of the things.

The metas are frequently done, so no problem there. A lot of the other content is soloable. Bounties may be a little challenging, but if you wait for that zone to have the bounty daily, that should help.

There are a few champs here and there that aren't bounties and aren't part of the metas. I did a few of the earlier achievements well after they were initially released, and those were the ones that were difficult to find a group to fight.

Lastly, if you really hate jumping puzzles, it might still be possible to go back and find mesmers porting through the hard ones, but I expect that will get less common as time goes by. If you have the position rewinder, a thief or mesmer character, and a good guide through them, though, they're doable. I found GW2TacO invaluable.

In a couple of months, you're really close to EoD launch, and likely a great portion of the player base will be exploring those new areas, so that might be a challenge. Then again, a little while after it's possible there will be players who didn't do the amulet the first time around, came in for EoD, and are looking to go back and do it.

Edited by Gibson.4036