Gold penalty for losing objective

Junkpile.7439

4 minutes ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

You would still lose it. All players in server.

Population of the game would die, as new players would have no idea what is happening, get frustrated and leave. Established players would sink their liquid gold into mats for protection (think stocks and assets IRL) and would cause the trading market outside of the TP to explode but would disproportionately impact (negatively) the average player in a barter/trade market while bolstering the super rich who already hold most of their value in items/mats as those items would see increase in value as they replaced Gold as the main currency.

Pretty sure you are trolling, but then again, I have seen some really bad ideas seriously pushed on here before.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Population of the game would die, as new players would have no idea what is happening, get frustrated and leave. Established players would sink their liquid gold into mats for protection (think stocks and assets IRL) and would cause the trading market outside of the TP to explode but would disproportionately impact (negatively) the average player in a barter/trade market while bolstering the super rich who already hold most of their value in items/mats as those items would see increase in value as they replaced Gold as the main currency.

Pretty sure you are trolling, but then again, I have seen some really bad ideas seriously pushed on here before.

Actually I think people would stop taking towers. Can't loose something you don't have. At least I would join a server where everyone alleges to never take a WvW objective as long as this rule exists.

19 hours ago, TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

I was just thinking this wouldn't affect me much because I never have much gold to begin with. Right now 2 10g penalties would wipe me out.

But the more important point is that Anet would never do it. Realistically I think the closest they would get is a small penalty for the people who claimed or defended an objective when it's lost, ideally balanced out by an equal amount being awarded to the winners so successfully claiming or defending objectives can be profitable. (Same reward for both claiming and defending, otherwise it's just encouraging flipping.)

Actually, the op may be on to something here:

• Using knockbacks on camp lords -10g
  • Cutting off allies with ill-timed wall repair -10g
  • Fully downed players asking for res -10g
  • Holding on to your queue spot with auto run -10g
  • Trolling tactivators -10g
  • Attempting to cap your own sentry ring -10g
  • Commander kills zerg with fall damage -10g
  • Being overly critical of callouts -10g
  • Putting down fields during stealth blasts -10g
  • Typing any combination of AWSD in chat -10g
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Dagger.2035 said:

I want it entered into a pool that is distributed out.  

1 hour ago, Dagger.2035 said:

You forgot the best ones.

Being in a Guild -10g per day

Being in an Alliance - 10g per day

Being in a squad - 10g per hour

I think we'd solve the blobbing k-train problem.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Players would defend more If every player in server lose let's say 10g when server lose t1 tower. That would motivate players defend more.

The problem isn't that no one defends, which is mostly true.  Part of the problem is Anet doesn't want people defending.  They enjoy being in a zerg where 40+ players are easily capping everything they go to and winning every fight with minimal to zero effort.  They continue to nerf everything that might benefit defenders and empowering the blobs at every turn.

The problem is that the easiest way to earn money and ranks in wvw is to stack and fight doors and outnumbered servers.  And, every guild/server/player does the same thing when fights are over...brag about how much loot they got.  The only way they are ever going to motivate players to do anything but ktrain, is to remove drops from players.  The motivation to win was supposed to be pride.  "You" won the fight.  "You" took the keep they were trying to defend.  Realm pride.  WvW is just a copy of the RvR from Dark Age of Camelot after all.  But, all that was lost when server transfers became a thing and players decided it was easier to get money and ranks by pressing 1 in the biggest stack they could get.  So much so, that a lot of guilds transfer the instant another large guild shows up in their alotted play time.  Because guilds don't last if they are constantly being farmed by everyone else.  So, they avoid each other, map hop, and transfer so they don't have to do too much fighting face to face.

Anet is going to have to figure out how to tie wvw rewards to the reward tracks, so that playing (time) is it's own reward and players won't feel like their time could have been better spent standing in an enemy keep with 50 players farming 10 defenders until the defenders give up cause boon stacking and down state favor numbers.  Even if it means adding gold to the reward tracks themselves.

Edited by Ubi.4136
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Also you should be able to kill teammates that use knockbacks on camp lords.

Aside from this one particular use, friendly fire would solve so many interconnected problems (and create a few new ones because of ingrained habits). We won't have it, I know.

Back to the topic: When running out of gold, do the players press F for an hour to wash the dishes in the kitchens of the castle or something?

• Haha 1

On 12/6/2021 at 4:36 PM, Junkpile.7439 said:

Players would defend more If every player in server lose let's say 10g when server lose t1 tower. That would motivate players defend more.

10 gold is nothing. Let's take 500g and we're ready to party.

On 12/6/2021 at 8:11 AM, TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Nah, it wouldn't even make it to the bartering system. As there's no way to safely trade items without using the marketplace, which requires gold, the game's economy would just collapse and the playerbase would die within a month (tops).