the majority of eod specs feel like core 2.0

Stand The Wall.6987

Prolly too late to change that realistically they can't rework 9 elites in 2 months. That's a crazy request to realistically make. 

Also I wouldn't rly say majority. 

Catalyst and to a extent untamed are the only 2 (untamed less so since it's rework) 

Their fine just need tidying up haha 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Axl.8924 said:

I got a question for you how would you argue bladesworn feels compared to old vanilla core warr?

Bladesworn is a downgrade in competitive. In PvE Berserker is easier and more fun.

Bladesworn took all the worst things about core warrior and made them 'features' rather than improving upon warrior gameplay in the slightest.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Bladesworn took all the worst things about core warrior and made them 'features' rather than improving upon warrior gameplay in the slightest.

Pretty much this... 9 years charging a bar to burst.. now we have a longer bar to fill, we have to root in place TO CHARGE A SECOND BAR and finally release yet another burst but this time it has higher chances of missing. This espec is just warrior repeatong itself but drunk.

We lost weapon swap, regular weapon burst (which renders many weapons close to useless) and got no new weapon since melee OH pistol is as meme as it sounds.

We are exactly the same as core, just more clunky, limited and compensated with a big damage number (in pve, for pvp this class is avsolutely kitten).

Most stupid spec warrior got so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think the bloated PoF specs set a dangerous level of expectation for elite specs. I think everyone was hoping for their class to be the next firebrand or scourge in terms of game-wide power or to get pure power jumps like soulbeast and holosmith saw where they were essentially just adding loads of extra stuff right on top of the core classes. Something like Dragonhunter or Tempest is a much better example of where an elite spec design should lie and i think the EoD ones are very much good examples of this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Psykewne.3025 said:

I think the bloated PoF specs set a dangerous level of expectation for elite specs. I think everyone was hoping for their class to be the next firebrand or scourge in terms of game-wide power or to get pure power jumps like soulbeast and holosmith saw where they were essentially just adding loads of extra stuff right on top of the core classes. Something like Dragonhunter or Tempest is a much better example of where an elite spec design should lie and i think the EoD ones are very much good examples of this.

I was hoping for the new elites to take specs in a new place bringing them viability in a place they didn't used to be and hoping they don't just make the game worse.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mesket.5728 said:

Pretty much this... 9 years charging a bar to burst.. now we have a longer bar to fill, we have to root in place TO CHARGE A SECOND BAR and finally release yet another burst but this time it has higher chances of missing. This espec is just warrior repeatong itself but drunk.

We lost weapon swap, regular weapon burst (which renders many weapons close to useless) and got no new weapon since melee OH pistol is as meme as it sounds.

We are exactly the same as core, just more clunky, limited and compensated with a big damage number (in pve, for pvp this class is avsolutely kitten).

Most stupid spec warrior got so far.

If warrior mains will continue complaining about Bladesworn performance ANet will buff the numbers to oblivion without changing anything about the espec, which is the laziest solution and the one devs are most likely to follow. It happened before, it might happen again 😉 It doesn't fix the real issue, but it's enough to shut down most of the criticism.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Yumenei.7943 said:

If warrior mains will continue complaining about Bladesworn performance ANet will buff the numbers to oblivion without changing anything about the espec, which is the laziest solution and the one devs are most likely to follow. It happened before, it might happen again 😉 It doesn't fix the real issue, but it's enough to shut down most of the criticism.

Well as a way of improving bladesworns playstyle, they drastically reduced its damage by 15-20k in PvE. So there you go. 

BTT: Catalyst most likely since it basically has the usual core set with an added F5. At least you can work with that and improve it relatively easy in my opinion though. 🙂

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Yumenei.7943 said:

Well as a way of improving bladesworns playstyle, they drastically reduced its damage by 15-20k in PvE. So there you go. 

BTT: Catalyst most likely since it basically has the usual core set with an added F5. At least you can work with that and improve it relatively easy in my opinion though. 🙂

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Yumenei.7943 said:

If warrior mains will continue complaining about Bladesworn performance

We are not complaining about the performance. Power-criping this class into replacing Berserker is the only feasible way of seeing it actually in game after week 2 o 3 post eod launch. It is a one trick pony, a selling poster, nothing else. This espec has no serious place in the game. For real. Other than fool around, it really offers absolutely nothing to warriors. If it is not stronger than berserker, then it is worth nothing. AND if it is, then its just there to doom warrior especs even more; because, why would we choose berserker then? just condi? Both sucks for pvp and wvw and compete with each other in pve. This is bad planning, or maketing over quality. I'm sorry, but it is. Either they don't care, or are oblivious to their own game and player-base.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mesket.5728 said:

We are not complaining about the performance. Power-criping this class into replacing Berserker is the only feasible way of seeing it actually in game after week 2 o 3 post eod launch. It is a one trick pony, a selling poster, nothing else. This espec has no serious place in the game. For real. Other than fool around, it really offers absolutely nothing to warriors. If it is not stronger than berserker, then it is worth nothing. AND if it is, then its just there to doom warrior especs even more; because, why would we choose berserker then? just condi? Both sucks for pvp and wvw and compete with each other in pve. This is bad planning, or maketing over quality. I'm sorry, but it is. Either they don't care, or are oblivious to their own game and player-base.

I agree, but they won't redesign this espec, and so the only thing they can do now is increase the numbers here and there. We can complain about how unimpressive mechanically Bladesworn is but I don't think anything substantial will change at this point. 

Edited by Yumenei.7943
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

What i want to know is:What play role is bladesworn supposed to fit? it has a bit of mobility and it feels like its mostly a ranged mobile burst spec .

I mean for PVE and PVP/WVW.

Edited by Axl.8924

On 12/14/2021 at 6:15 AM, Raiken.1476 said:

I can see this for the Catalyst and Untamed.

I can sort of see a similarity for the Willbender, Virtuoso, and Vindicator.

But I have absolutely no idea how you can think that about the Bladesworn, Specter, Harbinger and Mechanist.

harbinger? are you serious? that is the worst offender cuz its just a burstier core shroud. the elixirs aren't a big change at all either lol. virtuoso is def core 2.0, willbender too. ooo willbender gets some janky mobility stuff, big woop.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

harbinger? are you serious? that is the worst offender cuz its just a burstier core shroud. the elixirs aren't a big change at all either lol. virtuoso is def core 2.0, willbender too. ooo willbender gets some janky mobility stuff, big woop.

The shroud is burstier, but it doesn't act like a second health pool anymore and also stacks blight (which reduces your maximum health).

So instead of being a form you can switch to defensively, it makes you glassier in exchange for more damage, I think this is a pretty big change in it's functionality, so I wouldn't call harbinger one of the "core+ elite specs".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

The shroud is burstier, but it doesn't act like a second health pool anymore and also stacks blight (which reduces your maximum health).

So instead of being a form you can switch to defensively, it makes you glassier in exchange for more damage, I think this is a pretty big change in it's functionality, so I wouldn't call harbinger one of the "core+ elite specs".

Sure the harbinger have buff elixirs. But why would you take a super squishy harbinger over a firebrand with far more defensive ability and buffing power?

You add so much more to your group with Scourge over anything that a Harbinger can provide, a true force multiplier.

I can well imagine that Harbinger necros will be told to go Scourge come EoD in any pve group content.  Which puts Harbinger down with Core.

Edited by LucianDK.8615
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

the gameplay hasn't changed is what i'm getting at. i doubt harbinger will stay as is but if it does its going to largely be unviable in pvp.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/14/2021 at 10:26 AM, Axl.8924 said:

I was hoping for the new elites to take specs in a new place bringing them viability in a place they didn't used to be and hoping they don't just make the game worse.

They might, but I do not think it is going to be on a lesser level than HoT and PoF. To be fair, most classes already have most of the stuff they need. New elites were going to require much creativity. Based on GW2 dev teams run, over the past 2 years, I was expecting absolute kitten. However, so far what we got is decent. Anet definitely exceed my expectations. 

But somethings were a let down. Like warrior and necro. Harbinger seems a bit redundant. And BS seems out of place.