Weaver = Prenerf Warrior Healing Signet

GhandiBot.6257

3 minutes ago, ollbirtan.2915 said:

Yeah...but what you wrote about not being able to counter it and barrier being OP is kinda countering your argument... 

quote where I said barrier is OP, maybe I forgot what I said already?
or maybe you cant read, enlighten us both

EDIT
I wrote 
Im not saying weaver is OP or should be nerfed but it should definitely be changed "
selective reading much ?

Edited by FarmBotXD.1430

Just now, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

quote where I said barrier is OP, maybe I forgot what I said already?
or maybe you cant read, enlighten us both

EDIT
I wrote 
Im not saying weaver is OP or should be nerfed but it should definitely be changed "
selective reading much ?

Yes - you are saying one thing., while your hole post contradicts it. 

• Like 1

I would rather see Weaver stay the way it is and deal with how utilities are instead, Twist Of Fate for example, should be one charge at 40 CD, Primordial Stance should be one charge and 20 CD. 

You know, fix the fact that most of the time the ammo system is just two step backs in terms of balance because whether you try hard enough or not, you can't shut them down until you've gone through their entire utility which is truly the annoying part, not the latter. 

Those are only small mentions, I do believe there is much more to be nerfed and buffed for certain class utilities, Warrior/Elementalist mostly for buffs while Ranger stunbreaks/pets still needs to be worked on

All professions when stuck in a pinch should be at some point equally screwed after messing up so much or being cornered hard enough, that should be also in a consistent way, long cooldowns like Shake It Off and Twist of Fate are not the way to go for this game.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

9 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Some general tips for fighting it based on attunement:

Fire

Burst damage incoming. They gain might when they attack in fire, and primordial stance will pulse burns. They can double attune fire for massive burst that will kill you 100-0 if you do not cleanse it. Kite them out during this phase. 

Abilities to look out for:

Flame Uprising -  A leap that does decent power and burn damage. 

Pyro Vortex - Rapidly pulses burns in a small area around targets struck. This does a lot of damage if you stand in it, but very little if you move out of it. They will try to set this up with gale. 

Cauterizing Strike - They will double attune fire with promordial stance up, and try to land this on you. It does more damage to burning foes and also inflicts burning. If you notice a weaver going fire/fire they're going in for the kill. 

Lava Skin - Not terribly threatening on it's own, but does a lot of damage in conjunction with primordial stance. 

Flame Expulsion - When they leave fire they will expel flames around themselves that deal roughly the same amount of damage as flame uprising. Then they will lose 15 stacks of  might. 

All of these skills have stubby range and/or slow wind up, so you can avoid a lot of damage by kiting them during this time. Don't try to trade. Weaver has a lot of pressure during this time. 

Earth 

A more defensive attunement. Attuning to earth gives them immediate access to an evade and blast finisher. If they went here from fire attunement, they can pressure you with lava skin and flame expulsion. Just stay away from them. They have no mobility in this attument so you can just wait it out, then they're out of pressure for a while. 

If you see earth attunement, the big thing to watch out is if they go Air attunement afterwards.  

Gale Strike (Earth/Air) is the skill to avoid. It has a short range 3/4 cast time float that they will try to bait out your stunbreaks with. It has stubby range so you can actually avoid this with WASD movement.

If you do get hit, it has a long aftercast so they won't be able to land much off of it. At most you might eat a flame uprising which won't kill you outright. If they try to pyro vortex you off of this skill, just dodge the instant you become un-stunned to avoid eating a ton of burn damage. 

If you only have one stunbreak, stay calm and save it for gale. If forced to burn it because you're low or they have a partner to burst you. Disengage the fight.  They can go Air --> Fire and immediately threaten lethal damage with Gale into Pyro Vortex. 

Air

If the ele is currently in air attunement, there isn't a lot to immediately worry about unless they're porting on top of you with a flame expulsion about to go off. If they do this, just dodge then go aggro on them. They most likely just burned their cooldowns in fire attunement, and then they put themselves on top of you with all of their pressure gone. If you pressure them here, you should be able to force them into water, which will give you even more time to bully them. 

See water section below. 

Water

Kill them. Death to the ele. Weavers only go into water for defense. Either they need the immediate evade frame, or they're trying to resustain. If it's the latter you can expect them to go water -> Earth meaning you will have as many as 4 attument swaps before the weaver is pressuring you with burning again.

For example, if they go water you might see something like this

Water -> Riptide for evade and heal -> Earth -> double blast water field for sustain -> Air -> Look to bait stunbreak with Gale Strike -> Fire -> They're pressuring you again. 

Personally, and this may just be me. I generally pop Weave self just before I attune to water so that I can speed this process up. This also gives me a tailored Victory immediately as I make it back into fire attunement, so I can threaten 3 different CC's back to back. This is telegraphed though, and I won't be threatening any meaningful damage until I'm in fire attunement again. 

This is your red flag to go aggressive on them and look to trade blows. 

Last little tip is that Chill wrecks ele because it makes the process of getting between attunements take 66% longer. It also makes them move at a snails pace which make sit even harder to land their damage. 

Any ele mains like Grimmjack feel free to correct me on this if I gave any misinformation. This is simply my understanding of the matchup as someone who plays a fair bit of fire weaver. 

That is some quality advice. Thanks for sharing it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

I would rather see Weaver stay the way it is and deal with how utilities are instead, Twist Of Fate for example, should be one charge at 40 CD, Primordial Stance should be one charge and 20 CD. 

You know, fix the fact that most of the time the ammo system is just two step backs in terms of balance because whether you try hard enough or not, you can't shut them down until you've gone through their entire utility which is truly the annoying part, not the latter. 

Those are only small mentions, I do believe there is much more to be nerfed and buffed for certain class utilities, Warrior/Elementalist mostly for buffs while Ranger stunbreaks/pets still needs to be worked on

All professions when stuck in a pinch should be at some point equally screwed after messing up so much or being cornered hard enough, that should be also in a consistent way, long cooldowns like Shake It Off and Twist of Fate are not the way to go for this game.

Is there a single class you can beat on your rev? You are very much salty about everything and the reality remains that nothing you complain constantly about, get spammed as much as your dear rev....especially Jalis renegade..a true work of design excellence

It's 2022 and teams from PvP to WvW passing through raids.....are spamming renegade all over the place, with the occasional power herald in PvP and the ever present condi herald in WvW with the trusted Torment runes.

The revenant has not been nerfed nearly enough when you start mentioning the type of nerfs other professions should receive, that jalis elite prevents exactly what you state :"All professions when stuck in a pinch should be at some point equally screwed after messing up so much"....yeah that swap to Jalis after you eat all possible burst and recover all your health, to a point where rev players on renegade like necro mains...have forgotten where the dodge button is.

I don't see pack of elementalist or rangers winning tournaments in PvP or farming 6+ people on their own in WvW, you may have your bias...but we have statistics and real numbers, what do you think will be taken into consideration?

P.S I do have and play a rev, not as extensively as my main and that for lack of time, and the truth is for what you play....you have no place to complain about anything in this game:

Power herald? Anybody who claim to have issues against rangers/ele...just needs to play more as the spec got literally everything it needs to deal with rangers/ele of any kind...minus condis..and maybe? - power herald has block on shorter CD, 2x teleports, 3x sources of heal burst +regeneration boon , 3xCC , literally an "invulnerability" with the glint's heal...and the stunbreak CD? 25s and 40s? is that severaly times bigger than a ranger stunbreak CD?...no it's basically the same CD so.....less whining and more actual facts.

Fire weaver? - you have ranged pressure/CC to force CD as the ele spec is barely good at melee range in joke mode pvp, otherwise on a powe herald you can dash forward while blocking even without looking..can swap shiro and 1200 range teleport on target when he has exausted all options to keep up with the rev...yeah even teleport through wall...but you complain ...

Also you keep whining about stunbreaks on ranger...when the class has literally a single source of stability on a 75s CD elite typically which can be easily interrupted by any player worth its salt and then there is dolyak's stance nerfed to 60s CD in PvP, it's already easy enough to CC lock an average ranger, almost everything has a cast time on ranger...on the contrary of a power rev.

So far I have only spoken about power herald...there is renegade and vindicator soon..oh boy...

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

What pisses me about weaver is that no matter how much time I spend fighting them I dont get better at it, and reading through how weaver actually works brings nothing as every heal and barrier they have can not be denied in any way shape or form.
And saying we can wait out the barrier is a joke as it stays for 5 seconds, which is straight up unreasonable.
Im not saying weaver is OP or should be nerfed but it should definitely be changed, but I am also not the right person to suggest anything as I dont know how it works, dont play it myself and are biased heavily against it so all I am going to do is be here vent and complain about it 😄

Fighting weaver is all about waiting for the time they are out of their healing combo and don’t have much/any barrier on. Once it happens you just need to find a window for a spike dps. They are so slow kiting them is not difficult. I have most success if I play a high spike classes against them like herald, reaper or even core mesmer. 

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Is there a single class you can beat on your rev? You are very much salty about everything and the reality remains that nothing you complain constantly about, get spammed as much as your dear rev....especially Jalis renegade..a true work of design excellence

It's 2022 and teams from PvP to WvW passing through raids.....are spamming renegade all over the place, with the occasional power herald in PvP and the ever present condi herald in WvW with the trusted Torment runes.

The revenant has not been nerfed nearly enough when you start mentioning the type of nerfs other professions should receive, that jalis elite prevents exactly what you state :"All professions when stuck in a pinch should be at some point equally screwed after messing up so much"....yeah that swap to Jalis after you eat all possible burst and recover all your health, to a point where rev players on renegade like necro mains...have forgotten where the dodge button is.

I don't see pack of elementalist or rangers winning tournaments in PvP or farming 6+ people on their own in WvW, you may have your bias...but we have statistics and real numbers, what do you think will be taken into consideration?

P.S I do have and play a rev, not as extensively as my main and that for lack of time, and the truth is for what you play....you have no place to complain about anything in this game:

Power herald? Anybody who claim to have issues against rangers/ele...just needs to play more as the spec got literally everything it needs to deal with rangers/ele of any kind...minus condis..and maybe? - power herald has block on shorter CD, 2x teleports, 3x sources of heal burst +regeneration boon , 3xCC , literally an "invulnerability" with the glint's heal...and the stunbreak CD? 25s and 40s? is that severaly times bigger than a ranger stunbreak CD?...no it's basically the same CD so.....less whining and more actual facts.

Fire weaver? - you have ranged pressure/CC to force CD as the ele spec is barely good at melee range in joke mode pvp, otherwise on a powe herald you can dash forward while blocking even without looking..can swap shiro and 1200 range teleport on target when he has exausted all options to keep up with the rev...yeah even teleport through wall...but you complain ...

Also you keep whining about stunbreaks on ranger...when the class has literally a single source of stability on a 75s CD elite typically which can be easily interrupted by any player worth its salt and then there is dolyak's stance nerfed to 60s CD in PvP, it's already easy enough to CC lock an average ranger, almost everything has a cast time on ranger...on the contrary of a power rev.

So far I have only spoken about power herald...there is renegade and vindicator soon..oh boy...

Why are you going on a tangent about Rev in a thread about Weaver?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Why are you going on a tangent about Rev in a thread about Weaver?

He somehow loses to p herald on ranger/ele either 1v1 which would be hilarious unless he exclusively plays trash builds, or is upset about dieing out numbered which well what do you expect. Back on topic ele/ranger are incredibly strong 1v1 specs with insane potential in a meta either without either roamers that can 2v1 them reasonably quickly or even just where core necros can't sidenode effectively on a full teamfight dps build. Herald survives on outnumbering and finishing off weakened enemies like a vulture no more no less.

...signet required Warriors to do literally nothing. 

Weaver's healing requires them to be consistently performing actions.

2 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Fun fact: the current weaver passive healing resources are just better than the healing warrior signet prenerf lol.

So people saying things like this bandwagon nonsense translate to:

"I stood in the fire fields and/or I allowed a weaver to distract three of us in a conquest PvP format".

You can quote literally DPS down a weaver slightly off point. I do this as a core Mesmer regularly, people should be able to manage this with a class that isn't bottom-of-the-barrel.

Ah, but it's harrowing knowing that you're not as good at the game as you thought you were. 

Edited by Obliviscaris.6937
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Obliviscaris.6937 said:

...signet required Warriors to do literally nothing. 

Weaver's healing requires them to be consistently performing actions.

Oh nyo, spamming pve-like rotation for sustain so hard u_u

20 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

You're talking about class bias and suddenly say that  about StoP like its a bad skill, and like stab didn't got nerfed on pvp in general.

Just accept the fact that ranger stunbreaks are a problem.

Lighting Reflexes:

-24s CD stunbreak

-Dmg to remove blind or aegis

-10s Vigor, 10, Seconds, Vigor.

-Evade

-Chains cleanse

BRUH.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2021 at 1:00 PM, Kuma.1503 said:

Some general tips for fighting it based on attunement:

Fire

Burst damage incoming. They gain might when they attack in fire, and primordial stance will pulse burns. They can double attune fire for massive burst that will kill you 100-0 if you do not cleanse it. Kite them out during this phase. 

Abilities to look out for:

Flame Uprising -  A leap that does decent power and burn damage. 

Pyro Vortex - Rapidly pulses burns in a small area around targets struck. This does a lot of damage if you stand in it, but very little if you move out of it. They will try to set this up with gale. 

Cauterizing Strike - They will double attune fire with promordial stance up, and try to land this on you. It does more damage to burning foes and also inflicts burning. If you notice a weaver going fire/fire they're going in for the kill. 

Lava Skin - Not terribly threatening on it's own, but does a lot of damage in conjunction with primordial stance. 

Flame Expulsion - When they leave fire they will expel flames around themselves that deal roughly the same amount of damage as flame uprising. Then they will lose 15 stacks of  might. 

All of these skills have stubby range and/or slow wind up, so you can avoid a lot of damage by kiting them during this time. Don't try to trade. Weaver has a lot of pressure during this time. 

Earth 

A more defensive attunement. Attuning to earth gives them immediate access to an evade and blast finisher. If they went here from fire attunement, they can pressure you with lava skin and flame expulsion. Just stay away from them. They have no mobility in this attument so you can just wait it out, then they're out of pressure for a while. 

If you see earth attunement, the big thing to watch out is if they go Air attunement afterwards.  

Gale Strike (Earth/Air) is the skill to avoid. It has a short range 3/4 cast time float that they will try to bait out your stunbreaks with. It has stubby range so you can actually avoid this with WASD movement.

If you do get hit, it has a long aftercast so they won't be able to land much off of it. At most you might eat a flame uprising which won't kill you outright. If they try to pyro vortex you off of this skill, just dodge the instant you become un-stunned to avoid eating a ton of burn damage. 

If you only have one stunbreak, stay calm and save it for gale. If forced to burn it because you're low or they have a partner to burst you. Disengage the fight.  They can go Air --> Fire and immediately threaten lethal damage with Gale into Pyro Vortex. 

Air

If the ele is currently in air attunement, there isn't a lot to immediately worry about unless they're porting on top of you with a flame expulsion about to go off. If they do this, just dodge then go aggro on them. They most likely just burned their cooldowns in fire attunement, and then they put themselves on top of you with all of their pressure gone. If you pressure them here, you should be able to force them into water, which will give you even more time to bully them. 

See water section below. 

Water

Kill them. Death to the ele. Weavers only go into water for defense. Either they need the immediate evade frame, or they're trying to resustain. If it's the latter you can expect them to go water -> Earth meaning you will have as many as 4 attument swaps before the weaver is pressuring you with burning again.

For example, if they go water you might see something like this

Water -> Riptide for evade and heal -> Earth -> double blast water field for sustain -> Air -> Look to bait stunbreak with Gale Strike -> Fire -> They're pressuring you again. 

Personally, and this may just be me. I generally pop Weave self just before I attune to water so that I can speed this process up. This also gives me a tailored Victory immediately as I make it back into fire attunement, so I can threaten 3 different CC's back to back. This is telegraphed though, and I won't be threatening any meaningful damage until I'm in fire attunement again. 

This is your red flag to go aggressive on them and look to trade blows. 

Last little tip is that Chill wrecks ele because it makes the process of getting between attunements take 66% longer. It also makes them move at a snails pace which make sit even harder to land their damage. 

Any ele mains like Grimmjack feel free to correct me on this if I gave any misinformation. This is simply my understanding of the matchup as someone who plays a fair bit of fire weaver. 

I main Weaver, and I think this is pretty good advice, except for 2 things:

1. Weaver doesn’t just go into water for healing/evade. That is just one way to use water attunement. There are weavers (like grimjack) who use water attunement because they know they’re gonna want access to Twin Strike, Freezing Gust, or Comet. A lot of people seem to not fully grasp the power of Twin Strike. It is actually stronger than pyro vortex if you know that your opponent isn’t just gonna stand in the burning field. I also personally switch from fire to water (or vice versa) and pop primordial stance so that I can pulse both burn and chill, which makes it easier to chase down (Twin Strike also causes Burn/Chill). Another thing to watch out for is that if the Weaver switches to Water for healing, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll switch to Earth afterward. They can also just attempt to turn the fight by switching to Fire instead, which will provide a leap finisher in Flame Uprising (providing more healing and damage at the same time), as well as Twin Strike/Comet. I do this sometimes when I feel that my opponent is overextending because they are too greedy for the kill.

2. Gale Strike can be threatening if attunement swap is off cooldown. While you won’t eat a full duration Pyro Vortex, it will still do ok damage. Another option is to double attune to Air and hit you with Quantum Strike. Both Gale Strike and Quantum Strike apply stacks of vulnerability, which will total to 14 stacks which last for a decent amount of time. This is particularly threatening if the weaver is in Weave Self Stance, because they can switch to fire much more quickly to take advantage of this (they will also have 20% extra condi damage from the Weave Self bonus).

• Thanks 1

You guys are spoiled, seriously. 

On this thread holds several keys on how to time and obliterate the fire weaver. At the same time, I also hope that you all respect and realize all the situational quick thinking, movements, steps, combos and the many many many buttons the fire weaver need to press to accomplish its sustain and somewhat menial damage (coz most experienced PvPers will anticipate the next attunement rotation and the weaver will face the risk of "spells" not landing) 

I play ele, though its not my main I love the mechanics and gameplay.

Please invest in playing one to fully grasp its weaknesses. Survival is not how sarcastically some here say that it's just a press of a button. It's literally ---> having the right attunements set-up for unique situations (class you're going against, how many there are on node, etc etc) ----> landing the attacks (mostly combos that need a certain stance) ---> surviving in hopes you don't get CC'd to death when attuning to defense. 

Like someone cryptically said on here... chill. That hurts the fire weaver. 

Unreal hand-holding

Edited by greedywholesome.9081
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

You guys are spoiled, seriously. 

On this thread holds several keys on how to time and obliterate the fire weaver. At the same time, I also hope that you all respect and realize all the situational quick thinking, movements, steps, combos and the many many many buttons the fire weaver need to press to accomplish its sustain and somewhat menial damage (coz most experienced PvPers will anticipate the next attunement rotation and the weaver will face the risk of "spells" not landing) 

I play ele, though its not my main I love the mechanics and gameplay.

Please invest in playing one to fully grasp its weaknesses. Survival is not how sarcastically some here say that it's just a press of a button. It's literally ---> having the right attunements set-up for unique situations (class you're going against, how many there are on node, etc etc) ----> landing the attacks (mostly combos that need a certain stance) ---> surviving in hopes you don't get CC'd to death when attuning to defense. 

Like someone cryptically said on here... chill. That hurts the fire weaver. 

Unreal hand-holding

That's sadly the reality of most MMO PvP forums with this one especially taking the cake for entitlement, players here tend to believe that they should be able to charge at you, pressing random buttons (or at best some youtube/metabattle rotation) and then expect you opponent to die to their ability and if you don't ...clearly your class is OP.

You can see that most people here haven't got a clue when they call SoR a passive healing better than Healing Signet

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jcH.7109 said:

I main Weaver, and I think this is pretty good advice, except for 2 things:

1. Weaver doesn’t just go into water for healing/evade. That is just one way to use water attunement. There are weavers (like grimjack) who use water attunement because they know they’re gonna want access to Twin Strike, Freezing Gust, or Comet. A lot of people seem to not fully grasp the power of Twin Strike. It is actually stronger than pyro vortex if you know that your opponent isn’t just gonna stand in the burning field. I also personally switch from fire to water (or vice versa) and pop primordial stance so that I can pulse both burn and chill, which makes it easier to chase down (Twin Strike also causes Burn/Chill). Another thing to watch out for is that if the Weaver switches to Water for healing, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll switch to Earth afterward. They can also just attempt to turn the fight by switching to Fire instead, which will provide a leap finisher in Flame Uprising (providing more healing and damage at the same time), as well as Twin Strike/Comet. I do this sometimes when I feel that my opponent is overextending because they are too greedy for the kill.

2. Gale Strike can be threatening if attunement swap is off cooldown. While you won’t eat a full duration Pyro Vortex, it will still do ok damage. Another option is to double attune to Air and hit you with Quantum Strike. Both Gale Strike and Quantum Strike apply stacks of vulnerability, which will total to 14 stacks which last for a decent amount of time. This is particularly threatening if the weaver is in Weave Self Stance, because they can switch to fire much more quickly to take advantage of this (they will also have 20% extra condi damage from the Weave Self bonus).

Good point bringing up Frost strike and quantum strike. I very rarely see weaver mains using the later so I decided to omit that and other information in order to avoid writing an actual novel. 

The important take away with water atunement is that you can trade with it, It's definitely false to say that weavers have no pressure in water.

Twin Strike puts a ~3.6k burn on you, but it's one of those long duration burns that acts more like a bleed (12 seconds base), so you can cleanse late and still avoid most of the damage. If you're a high pressure class like reaper or rev, you can definitely out trade it as well. It's something to look out for if you're out of cleanses or low on hp, but if the weaver is low on cooldowns, just went into water to resustain, and you're looking to burst, this is still a good time. 

Then there is me on my meme FA ele build with dagger off hand no sustain, 2 max cleanse, no stab build, bursting burn weavers down, turning them into a wet noodle. Mostly a dull fight though its just watching the ele panic use all their sustain from faint attacks setting up my main burst xD I think that rangers have far superior sustain/dmg ratio then weaver ever will have.