Release date for EoD [Merged]

1 hour ago, mindlord.3147 said:

So according to Shaman’s data mining the Wintersday patch will be the last major one till EOD (the countdown clock says Feb. 28th as well )We know that it will be released late February. Anet what are you waiting for pull the trigger announce the date so those who are able to can plan ahead?

Maybe they're waiting in case they need to push it back to February 29th?

That'll give them two more years to work on it. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 22
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mindlord.3147 said:

So according to Shaman’s data mining the Wintersday patch will be the last major one till EOD (the countdown clock says Feb. 28th as well )We know that it will be released late February. Anet what are you waiting for pull the trigger announce the date so those who are able to can plan ahead?

February 28th is a Monday so that is unlikely to be the release date (the previous expansions launched on a Friday). The Lunar New Year will release before the expansion so I suspect That Shamam's tracker is off.

I'd say the expansion will be on the 18th or the 25th as they told us late February.

Edit: ah, on Reddit he clarified that the Lunar New Year is already in the client so yeah, there will be no more patches before the EoD release, whenever that is.

Edited by Pifil.5193
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I wish they'd release it in early or mid February, maybe on the 11th or 18th, so it doesn't release too close to or on the same day as Elden Ring.

For me it would be quite convenient if they came out around the same time, because my husband wants Elden Ring on the PS5 so that guarantees the PC will be free for me to play EoD. 😄

(I want to play Elden Ring too, but I can wait. Earlier in the year I was worried that Breath of the Wild 2 might come out around the same time as EoD, but that's looking unlikely now.)

• Haha 4

On 12/16/2021 at 3:46 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

For me it would be quite convenient if they came out around the same time, because my husband wants Elden Ring on the PS5 so that guarantees the PC will be free for me to play EoD. 😄

(I want to play Elden Ring too, but I can wait. Earlier in the year I was worried that Breath of the Wild 2 might come out around the same time as EoD, but that's looking unlikely now.)

Don’t think you have anything to worry about until the end of 2022 on that last one 😉

Personally I’d rather they didn’t rush to a specific date. Even a delay would be fine if it meant more maps and content. I love what I’ve seen, but I’m increasingly concerned that it is only a four map expansion again.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Don’t think you have anything to worry about until the end of 2022 on that last one 😉

Personally I’d rather they didn’t rush to a specific date. Even a delay would be fine if it meant more maps and content. I love what I’ve seen, but I’m increasingly concerned that it is only a four map expansion again.

Yeah it's not looking likely before then. But that's ok, I haven't finished my 100% playthrough and I've got a bunch of other games to play, including GW2.

I think EoD is all but confirmed to have 4 maps, not just because HoT and PoF did but because they've only told us about 4 and I think they would have mentioned it before now if there were more. But I think especially with GW2 the number of maps doesn't necessarily correlate with the amount of content, they can fit a lot into one map, especially with dynamic events meaning the same space can be used for multiple things.

But yeah, I hope they take however much time they need to do a good job rather than feeling obligated to stick to a specific date.

8 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Ditto. I'm fearing we are not going to see an Undercity area for Kaineng (or its infamous Slums) if it remains a 4-map deal.  😐

I’m not expecting anything underwater larger than a small bay or lake just for geographical effect. Should anything appear about the DSD - assuming it isn’t dead, captured or a “good guy” - I expect everything to be done on land. I always assumed that the S3 arc for Dragons to absorb the magic of other Dragons and taken on certain aspects would carry on through to the DSD should become part of the story.

I would have of course love to underwater areas - slums or otherwise - but I’ve made my peace with the fact Anet do not want it in game.

• Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Was the Undercity underwater?  Since we could not swim, I don't remember it being so.

No, it was not. @Randulf.7614 misunderstood. I was indeed talking about the old sewers and the long forgotten temple remains beneath the city, not some flooded regions. (Then again, might those areas be flooded now since the Jade Sea has "melted"?)

3 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I would have of course love to underwater areas - slums or otherwise - but I’ve made my peace with the fact Anet do not want it in game.

Though that is not what I was referring to, I do hope we will have underwater content. Why build an engine that supports underwater combat and does it fairly well, alongside the great swimming mechanics (movement, animations) and the lively underwater regions, when you don't intend to ever do something meaningful with it?

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Ditto. I'm fearing we are not going to see an Undercity area for Kaineng (or its infamous Slums) if it remains a 4-map deal.  😐

They could make New Kaineng City layered, similar to how they did it with HoT.

Toxic green lights Jade tech city will be at the top, like Verdant Brink's Canopy, while the "Undercity" is below that.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

Four maps would certainly be a letdown and especially when taking into account everything else they’ve revealed so far. I’m just going to hope that there is at least one other map and it hasn’t been revealed because the map itself would be a spoiler. 

They might count Arborstone as a fifth map. 🤔

25 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Toxic green lights Jade tech city will be at the top, like Verdant Brink's Canopy, while the "Undercity" is below that.

Let's hope so! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

No, it was not. @Randulf.7614 misunderstood. I was indeed talking about the old sewers and the long forgotten temple remains beneath the city, not some flooded regions. (Then again, might those areas be flooded now since the Jade Sea has "melted"?)

Though that is not what I was referring to, I do hope we will have underwater content. Why build an engine that supports underwater combat and does it fairly well, alongside the great swimming mechanics (movement, animations) and the lively underwater regions, when you don't intend to ever do something meaningful with it?

I didn’t misunderstand. Kaineng was I believe destroyed either fully or in part during the Dragonrise and/or sea melting, which is why New Kaineng was rebuilt so differently. That’s why I referred to underwater slums.

I hope we get underwater content too, but no underwater legendaries and a full pullback from it since launch almost guarantees it isn’t happening. I totally agree it’s a waste of a great set up

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

That would be interesting and very in keeping with cyberpunk as well

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

It could also give people a respite from all the toxic green lights, which I consider significantly more important.

Obviously we can’t yet judge how it will be in Kaineng, although I can prob tolerate it there. I agree that the glowing green is quite sickly in the other maps we have seen though

3 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

That would be interesting and very in keeping with cyberpunk as well

That's part of what I meant when I said the way GW2 does maps means the number of maps doesn't reflect the amount of content. There can be multiple things in the same area, either because they're on different layers or because they happen at different times (or both).

Kaineng City in GW1 stretched the limits of what that game could do with verticality, it was a bit of a maze and even within 1 map it could change as you went up and down the levels, so I'm expecting they'll do the same in GW2, but with the benefit of a physics engine that actually has a Z axis.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I didn’t misunderstand. Kaineng was I believe destroyed either fully or in part during the Dragonrise and/or sea melting, which is why New Kaineng was rebuilt so differently. That’s why I referred to underwater slums.

I hope we get underwater content too, but no underwater legendaries and a full pullback from it since launch almost guarantees it isn’t happening. I totally agree it’s a waste of a great set up

This is giving me New New York vibes from Futurama.

So we have the Undercity, Old Kaineng on top of it, and New Kaineng on top of Old Kaineng? And then the floating tech islands above that?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2