Weapon dying request thread

TagIsBad.1350

Perhaps this has been done to death but I've been prepping characters for EoD and gah. I love so many weapon skins that have such vivid color schemes that don't go with any of my armor configs! I'm on my hands and knees anet. At this point I would even accept not all weapon skins being dyeable, or weapons only having 1-2 dye slots. I understand going back and retroactively giving weapons dye channels is a lot of work, but it would elevate fashion to another level. Hell, they could just release weapons with dyes now and not do ANY retroactive work right away and I wouldn't mind that much. Anyone else feel a similar way?

• Like 7

It would be amazing, but I think it is not likely to happen because that would require tons of work. And also, the new legendaries kind of attempt to tackle this problem which leads me to believe dyeing weapons is out of scope for anet.

Colouring channel/a could be added just for legendary weapons to limit the amount of work required. But again - that goes against the idea of gen 3 legendaries.

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

There have been previous threads with this request.  It is not likely to happen.

This^^
And ANet hardly ever looks back at things, dyeable backpieces give a good recent example, not reworking things like AP- or CoF-armors to have dye channels for particle effects are examples as old as the game.

11 hours ago, TagIsBad.1350 said:

Perhaps this has been done to death but I've been prepping characters for EoD and gah. I love so many weapon skins that have such vivid color schemes that don't go with any of my armor configs!

Isn't the solution to dye the armor to match the weapon?

I mean your suggestion is great and all and I would love to see it. I'm reminded of City of Heroes, where we were told for years and years that th power particle effects were not dyeable until one dev coded the whole system and did all the dirty work for it in his spare time.

I would love to see dyavke weapons... or at the VERY least tintable effects on legendary weapons.

But the soltion to the fashion wars is already there and I gotta think there are better low hanging fruit.

When I saw this title I was prepared to read about some strange request that weapons break and we lose them or something.

Making weapons dyeable would be really good but I doubt they will add that to the game. If they do, it’ll probably be like backpacks and older weapons won’t be able to have dyes. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Not sure it's even 'doable' considering the statement made 3 years ago:

In fact, we have probably even crossed the line of it being possible with all the crazy stuff we have done on weapons since ship.

Dident they say the same about backpacks?

And look what we have now.

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Dident they say the same about backpacks?

And look what we have now.

"Yes, we can create technology to allow us to do things we could not have previously done but I don't see this being one of those things. In fact, we have probably even crossed the line of it being possible with all the crazy stuff we have done on weapons since ship. "

Further down the thread someone says: so you are saying it's possible. To which Lyndsey just straight up says no.

Edit: exact quote is. "So you are saying there is a chance".  Exact answer is "Nope!"

Edited by Sigmoid.7082

46 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Correct so there is a chance that new weapons after the tech is invtented will be dyeable but not older ones.

Read the thread and read the comments from the dev. They said no to "but they can invent the tech". Someone literally said the same thing you jist said and got told a straight no, that there isn't a chance. 

Edited by Sigmoid.7082

On 2/17/2022 at 12:42 AM, TagIsBad.1350 said:

Perhaps this has been done to death but I've been prepping characters for EoD and gah. I love so many weapon skins that have such vivid color schemes that don't go with any of my armor configs! I'm on my hands and knees anet. At this point I would even accept not all weapon skins being dyeable, or weapons only having 1-2 dye slots. I understand going back and retroactively giving weapons dye channels is a lot of work, but it would elevate fashion to another level. Hell, they could just release weapons with dyes now and not do ANY retroactive work right away and I wouldn't mind that much. Anyone else feel a similar way?

Unlikely to happen due to the work required to add dye channels. They often recycle weapons by simply changing the color scheme for monetization and rewards as it requires little effort. Just look at the new legendary weapons.