Why is ele the best at support, side noding, and dueling, and competing for roaming?

Crab Fear.1624

The class gatekeeps others that once performed these roles, benched.

Even if the other classes that perform these roles tries to compete, they are wasted, and eliminated.

The only competitor for any of these roles, is guardians, at support.

Imagine a world where mage beats a warrior in a melee ranged duel....you don't have to....just play gw2.

Insane.

Some goober will probably say it takes more skill to play ele than war....

Lol, ok 👍 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 13

First of all if you talking about tempest, it is strong. But reason why class is really strong and powercreep is because it has lowest health and lowest armor in the game and it is forced to be melee(dagger+warhorn). So you have to chase the guy, being lowest health and lowest armor, reach it and then to start doing the thing. Warrior is having highest armor and highest health in the game and it can remove protection boon from tempest, one shoting it. 

If you talking about fire weaver you just kite it and its useless, while LR weaver needs to hit you so many times to do damage and you can mitigate that and deny it. 

If you write like: oh this thing is best in everything, give example why such thing is the best in your eyes. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Even if the other classes that perform these roles tries to compete, they are wasted, and eliminated.

Imagine a world where mage beats a warrior in a melee ranged duel....you don't have to....just play gw2.

Insane.

Lol, ok 👍 

I don't think it's any secret warrior has problems.  If they hadn't nerfed all the damage on CC you'd be eating weaver's lunch right now with spellbreaker.

I don't disagree, though.  I just think part of the problem is the obvious PvE design of weaver's kit.  With CC like tailored victory and gale strike even your setups need setups on weaver!  And that's not good when you have your big damage locked up in skills like pyrovortex, which is like if hundred blades could be cleansed after the fact!

The anemic damage in PvP isn't helping matters.  Spike damage is the best way to hurt weaver, but you can't do it in PvP with most classes and you have to fight them on a tiny circle, which strongly favors that evade all over while applying constant damage with passive procs and pulsing effects.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Lol, ok 👍 

Have had that sentiment expressed to me unironically multiple times. I demand you stop reminding me. 

MorE butoN mean SKIL *slams desk*

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 2

Ele?  Like what?  We have 1 'meta' build, and its weaver.  That's it.  It's the best side noder cause it can hold a point for a long time, but it's literally useless for everything else.  If you don't want to die to weaver, move slightly in any direction.

Roaming and support? Thief and guardian blow ele out of the water.  And dueling is just another way to say side noding, so yeah...

Warrior just sucks hard in general against every class, not sure why you're frustrated with ele in particular.

Edited by thepolishman.2348
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, thepolishman.2348 said:

Warrior just sucks hard in general against every class, not sure why you're frustrated with ele in particular.

Probably because every warrior main was instantly made mortal enemies with every ele main when ele became the first class to get a buff in about 2 years.

And it's not the biggest buff ever mind, but given the timeframe and consistency of nerfs it is enough to make us all jelly. 😒

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Insane.

Lol, ok 👍 

Condi weaver has been majorly busted and has somehow gone under the radar when it comes to the nerf hammer. I don’t get it? I’ve made posts after posts about it with everything from unlimited barrier regen that legit brings them from 50% hp back to 100% with barrier that they quickly recover with. Or how about the passive burns?? Today I saw a condi weaver that loves to use his earth invulnerable plus burn pulse at the same time. What other class can get away with this? We’re talking like 8 stacks of free aoe burn at a whim. What about the LONG evasion frames? How about the reflect off earth shield? I looked at my death bar today and it said the condi weaver hit me for 26k burning and 22k bleeding before I died. Just insanely over tuned.

One player mentioned kiting the weaver, have you ever tried kiting one that intends to down you? Lmao good luck. I think what you mean when you say “just kite” is actually just run away and don’t look back.

Thanks for bringing this low effort high reward spec back to the spotlight so the devs can hopefully squash it OP.

Edited by noobfest.2180
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, noobfest.2180 said:

Condi weaver has been majorly busted and has somehow gone under the radar when it comes to the nerf hammer. I don’t get it? I’ve made posts after posts about it with everything from unlimited barrier regen that legit brings them from 50% hp back to 100% with barrier that they quickly recover with. Or how about the passive burns?? Today I saw a condi weaver that loves to use his earth invulnerable plus burn pulse at the same time. What other class can get away with this? We’re talking like 8 stacks of free aoe burn at a whim. What about the LONG evasion frames? How about the reflect off earth shield? I looked at my death bar today and it said the condi weaver hit me for 26k burning and 22k bleeding before I died. Just insanely over tuned.

One player mentioned kiting the weaver, have you ever tried kiting one that intends to down you? Lmao good luck. I think what you mean when you say “just kite” is actually just run away and don’t look back.

Condi weavers are pretty strong, but they're hard to play, so not a lot of people play them...you don't see them much in pvp.  I agree that they could probaby use some tuning, after necro (already getting tuned), guardian, engi, reaver.....

You guys fell for the bait. 

With all the ele downstate memes, Anet knew they couldn't just.. nerf ele again. That would be too obvious 

So they came up with a plan. 

Overbuff tempest. Wait a while. Then once the complains roll in, they can swoop in with the nerf hammer, say something like "we overshot with the tempest buffs", then break its shins. 

it's all part of a greater plan. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

You guys fell for the bait. 

With all the ele downstate memes, Anet knew they couldn't just.. nerf ele again. That would be too obvious 

So they came up with a plan. 

Overbuff tempest. Wait a while. Then once the complains roll in, they can swoop in with the nerf hammer, say something like "we overshot with the tempest buffs", then break its shins. 

it's all part of a greater plan. 

I wish they would overbuff tempest.  Then at least we'd be meta for a little while before getting nerfed back to trash tier.

That said, the fire aura buff is somewhat out of nowhere and unexpected. Up to this point, no1 has ever taken 'fire aura' in pvp unless they never played tempest before.  Kinda wondering how it will play out.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, noobfest.2180 said:

Thanks for bringing this low effort high reward spec back to the spotlight so the devs can hopefully squash it OP.

I guess your account name pretty much says it all lol.  I mean u died with 22k bleeding.  Some people can't use their brain to understand if the weaver uses primordial stance,  they should kite for 5 sec.  Guess it takes too much brain for some people.  But,  u r smart, so i hope u will get it one day. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Why is ele the best at support, side noding, and dueling, and competing for roaming?

Insane.

Lol, ok 👍 

First Guardian is much better as support because of stabi or better said it is the only support build which makes pvp playable(in the sense enjoyable) because we have way way too much CC in PvP but is true that the condi cleans from Eles  Aurashare is broken .

Side nodes depend on what you mean for decaping thief is the only viable build atm.  We had memser but after blink and stealth got nerfed no, Swordweaver was also a viable decap build but they increased CD on dagger skills and nerfed the whole build into the ground.

Fighting condi Weaver depends if you stay in the fire strip and if you have condi clean I don't have problems to kill a lot of Condi Weaver as Condi Tempest also Eles in general are absolute helpless against Necros and their chill attacks.

Okay looking deeper what makes Condi Weaver attack strong is the result how Arena.NET broke the earth trait line because they didn't wanted to have alternative Condi Weaver rotation which doesn't include self-weave so they fused 2 different options in the earth traitline which gave Condi Weaver a huge dps boost.

I personal made request that this new trait should be nerfed in sPvP otherwise people will complain . You can guess what happened? Yeah Arena.NET did what they all ways do best ignore the problem and if this not helps we change something different.

In this case they nerfed might generation of the core/ fire trait line . Which doesn't touch Tempest might generation this is why I played Condi Tempest so long. Every time I encountered a team who hadn't condi clean on the other side I was top DPS .

The only real weakness is Tempest skills have a  cast time so it is slow so if they ever decide Tempest should have quickness generation both Power Tempest and Condi Tempest would be instant meta . Well the change to "Fell the Burn" will push it up at least a bit.

If you want to take a look http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgEgEWmAjjpxWYk446Y32A-zZoKjESg8LANHA

Tell me how many cc , and condi clean and heal on top of it I have ? D

Edited by Lord of the Fire.6870
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, noobfest.2180 said:

They took away the ability to use weapon skills while obsidian flesh is active long ago.  So, in order to gain those passive burns under invuln they have to give up access to weapon skills and use a utility skill (primordial stance) which requires them to be in double fire attunement in order to produce 2x burn stacks per second with each stack lasting 1.5s during which they can't protect capture points due to the invuln.  And all you have to do to avoid this is...step away from them.

Then you go on to complain about your death readout showing 26k burning and 22k bleeding before you died? 

You're just undermining more legitimate points against weaver in PvP with this nonsense.  At least learn what you're talking about before you post.

Edited by AliamRationem.5172
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

I guess your account name pretty much says it all lol.  I mean u died with 22k bleeding.  Some people can't use their brain to understand if the weaver uses primordial stance,  they should kite for 5 sec.  Guess it takes too much brain for some people.  But,  u r smart, so i hope u will get it one day. 

But they're invuln! LoL

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Svez Poizon XD.5268 said:

First of all if you talking about tempest, it is strong. But reason why class is really strong and powercreep is because it has lowest health and lowest armor in the game and it is forced to be melee(dagger+warhorn). So you have to chase the guy, being lowest health and lowest armor, reach it and then to start doing the thing. Warrior is having highest armor and highest health in the game and it can remove protection boon from tempest, one shoting it. 

If you talking about fire weaver you just kite it and its useless, while LR weaver needs to hit you so many times to do damage and you can mitigate that and deny it. 

If you write like: oh this thing is best in everything, give example why such thing is the best in your eyes. 

Armor doesn't mean anything in this game.

• Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Aza.2105 said:

Armor doesn't mean anything in this game.

What it actually does is you take more % health damage compared to class with more armor which takes less % health damage. If you bring health default value there your crit of 5k hurts different the poor elee player and warrior player. Same for conditions. That is why elee got big steroids to even have a chance as by design it is made to be downed state class.

Edited by Svez Poizon XD.5268

Then you come up here and say but tempest has dmg reductions 40% protection and 10% from earth traitlines 10% from frost aura and can build a lot of health with vitality stat. But then elee have to invest so much into defense to be even with warrior stats while warrior can freely run berserker amulet and pick more offensive stats. 

You telling here how warrior is bad. Good warrior beats you no matter what you play ser. Sadly there are not many good warriors but master warrior beats everyone on their master level.

8 minutes ago, Svez Poizon XD.5268 said:

. Good warrior beats you no matter what you play ser. Sadly there are not many good warriors but master warrior beats everyone on their master level.

meeeh... dont really agree:D there is some builds that will give warrior a hard time no matter what. There will always be bad matchups no matter what you are playing. saying a good warrior beats ANYTHING is just not true:D There is good warriors that can kill alot of builds...  there is even good staffeles to this date that will be able to kill almost anything. But if we take 2 players of similar level the warrior will almost always loose, except it is a matchup that favors the warrior.

The same Masterlevel player you are talking about would be stronger if he would play anything other/ had invested the same ammount of time on another profession.

Warrior seriously needs some love. no denying that.

Edited by Sahne.6950

10 hours ago, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

Why are you surprised by existence of people that can't use their brain(this isn't implying the person you're responding to doesn't) ? It's the same reason why CC damage is like 7 damage currently, because people don't want to deal with it. 😐

6 hours ago, Svez Poizon XD.5268 said:

Good warrior beats you no matter what you play ser. Sadly there are not many good warriors but master warrior beats everyone on their master level.

I am going to reach through this screen and grab and shake you until you realize that good players are good players and will beat you on things they are familiar/have practiced with, and this has no bearing on the relative viability of the class. 

A trained street performer can swallow fire. A skilled assassin could probably kill someone with a straw. Does that suddenly mean it's practical to do? 

I need you to understand how silly it is to make the implication that warrior is good if you play until you have extreme mastery of it. That is a generic statement true of every player on any class they choose to pick. 

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

meeeh... dont really agree:D there is some builds that will give warrior a hard time no matter what. There will always be bad matchups no matter what you are playing. saying a good warrior beats ANYTHING is just not true:D There is good warriors that can kill alot of builds...  there is even good staffeles to this date that will be able to kill almost anything. But if we take 2 players of similar level the warrior will almost always loose, except it is a matchup that favors the warrior.

The same Masterlevel player you are talking about would be stronger if he would play anything other/ had invested the same ammount of time on another profession.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

Why are you surprised by existence of people that can't use their brain(this isn't implying the person you're responding to doesn't) ? It's the same reason why CC damage is like 7 damage currently, because people don't want to deal with it. 😐

Well,  damage on cc is different from damage with invulnerable and damage with evade.  I can understand the reason why damage on cc was gutted.  But,  i believe that those classes which depended on cc for dmg should be compensated with the loss of dmg caused by it like warrior.