EoD Fishing needs work! [Merged]

You've made fishing too complex. It's suppose to be an enjoyable, relaxing thing and instead it's an aggravating, hardmode challenge for beginners.

Starting off brand new its way too difficult! Trying to keep that fast moving, quick direction changing green dash inside the red area in order to fill up the bar below is hard and not fun.

After about 10-15 casts i finally caught one, but the knowledge how how to do this didn't make it any easier on the next cast.

This is not going to be an enjoyable activity for me like I had hoped. I can already imagine myself ignoring this part of the game entirely because it's very, very frustrating.

I would start the intro to fishing with a slower moving green dash at the very least. As you level up make the green dash move faster. That would seem to give more of a challenge for top tier experienced fishing people.

edit: Cast the line fine, bobber splashes fine, but now the mini game aspect begins- why though?  Where we start at seems more like where we should end at as a max level fishing person.

(Hmmm, i wonder if the masteries make it easier. Forgot about that.)

double edit: i wonder what "fishing power" is because looking thru the fishing masteries nothing else seems to make that red area bigger so its easier to keep the green dash inside.

tripple edit: ok so yea, maybe it does get easier. I have the first 2 masteries for the fishing line "Fishing hole master" and "angler sense" and i think the more [fishing power] you have the larger the red area becomes and it may take less time to fill up the gold bar.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 16

I've been trying for 2 hours. To be fair, it's the same system as Stardew Valley and I'm garbo at that too. But.... I can't progress the story until I catch a fish, and no matter what I do to keep in the gold bar, nothing works. This is a pretty big bummer and super rage inducing.

Edit: Ok. I finally figured it out. Ignore the buttons on your bar (they honestly made it so much more confusing because of the keybinds)... use A and D to move the bobber along with the gold bar, move when/before it does. You'll have to anticipate when it's going to move, but with some practice it gets very easy.

Edited by LennyChan.8916
Solved my problem
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

Where can i get lures or baits? I don’t know where I got my first ones. I was just able to fish. But after some time it said I need a lure or a bait to fish. 

after a few tries I knew how it worked (the fishing) it’s different then other mmo. But they may not copy paste and have created something new to me (or i don’t know other games with the same fishing mechanic) 

I like it so far, it’s relaxing. After story I only fished and did nothing else. 

34 minutes ago, piitb.7635 said:

I think it is weird that to move the dial left and right you don't use your directional keys.

But eh, easy enough I suppose.  Took me 2 tries, caught a fish and moved on with my life.

You can use your directional keys (either arrow keys or A and D) as an alternative method - might make it easier for some, since that way you can't accidentally hit the reset key.

I rarely complain, but honestly I can't figure out how people are catching fish easily.  I am in the Aurene's sanctuary story and I get how the fishing works but the 2 and 3 keys are simply not responding fast enough to get a fish.  I have been trying forever.  I have tried it with both the 2 and 3 keys and the A and D keys and they just don't respond quick enough to keep the fish in the bar.  It's horrible.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I cought maybe around 20 fish so far. It seems quite random in terms of difficulty, sometimes its uber easy, sometimes it's a bit annoying. I have absolutely no idea what fishing power does exactly, I didn't see it expalined anywhere in game. Have I missed something?

I agree that the whole concept is not as relaxing as maybe people expected. I don't like how you just need to stare at a bar, and ignore everything else on the screen. Kind of breaks the immersion in my opinion...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Fleo.7324 said:

I cought maybe around 20 fish so far. It seems quite random in terms of difficulty, sometimes its uber easy, sometimes it's a bit annoying. I have absolutely no idea what fishing power does exactly, I didn't see it expalined anywhere in game. Have I missed something?

I agree that the whole concept is not as relaxing as maybe people expected. I don't like how you just need to stare at a bar, and ignore everything else on the screen. Kind of breaks the immersion in my opinion...

According to the livestream fishing power should widen the window making it easier to catch.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, WabbaJaga.3861 said:

Anybody know how you get a new fishing rod in the instance with Aurene in that cave? Mine just disappeared (I might have pressed the wrong fishing skill button, but it was a bit hectic). None of the NPCs seem to give you a new one. 😕

Not sure if this is what you mean but I found it right under the swap weapon button. It's a new button. I hope that makes sense.

• Like 2