DO NOT nerf Dragon's End meta.

1 hour ago, Xero the Dark.8230 said:

I've got full ascended gear + set 1 Ascended Weapon and Legendary + set 2 Ascended Weapon. I have all Superior runes and sigils applied. I EVEN have ALL of the +5 might infusions on EVERYTHING. True, I did switch to Harbinger from Reaper for the expansion - but I've played it enough that I'm getting used to everything now. But I'm being punished for other players actions in this meta event...simply because people either don't listen, don't speak the same language, don't understand, want to troll (etc..). I get where you "hardcore" players are coming from. I'm not the MOST hardcore player ever...I'll be honest: I get confused, I'm a bit ditzy at times (I have severe A.D.D...unmedicated...)...but it usually all comes together fine - and I do eventually figure things out. In this case there IS nothing I can do to improve the situation. That's what bugs me. Unless I get lucky, which I'm usually not...I'm not getting the turtle mount. I was excited for it...it was advertised at me...but I have no way to get it until this is fixed. 

"GIT GUD" does not apply here.

same, i switched to glass cannon dps.. the commander called everyone to use their "raild" builds.

these guys saying "git gud" had no clue about theyre saying.

more better than this, is just a wvw like squad with voice commns and their restrict class requirments, which is a ridiculous requirment for open world meta lolz.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Spiral.2895 said:

This needs more time, don't even need to nerf the mechanics, just add more 10-15min.

It doesn't need more time, it needs a proper fix to the problem. The fact that a mechanic needs to fail instead of actually being done properly to benefit the players makes me think ANet didn't QA test it properly to see such a detrimental flaw. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nex.1453 said:

For once we finally get a meta where it's not just completely braindead with people spamming 1 on their bearbow ranger. Even though the meta demands a lot more from your average player than any other meta, I'd rather keep it the way it is. It's only day 3 into the expansion, people will learn, figure out the most optimal strategies, and the price of memories of Aurene will eventually come down to a reasonable cost for gen 3 weapons. The encounter is really well designed too, and not running it down the lane killing stuff in DS. I would much rather have this be the penultimate meta event that actually requires more than the bare minimum from average players than the wet noodle, loot piñata that the Chak Gerent is today after the nerfs.

Is it a kitten move to lock turtle behind the meta tho? Absolutely. Does it suck to see it fail after spending 2h in the map? Definitely.

I'm not wanting a nerf, I just want like maybe 2-3 minutes more. We had a full 50 man group, everyone understanding everything, bosses killed together, tail killed fast, and even using the wipe skip to save time, we still failed with 19% with good dps, while not great dps, that little bit of time can make the meta just that much more bareable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashlin.3708 said:

The simple fact is, tryhards and elitests have their game modes and their places, open worlds and map metas ARE NOT IT. I think its disgusting people think others shouldnt get to do the meta just cause they arent good enough,

That is not what I said or implied at all.
Quite the opposite.

2 hours ago, Ashlin.3708 said:

Dragon's End should Not be the next raid, that logic is entire stupid. 

That is also not what I said nor implied either.

If you actually read my post I specifically said I do not approve of complaints being made regarding not being able to kick people like you can in IGC etc and I don't approve of players telling others they "can't play here"

What I am specifically criticising is how quick players are to jump on the nerf bandwagon for a new event that the vast majority of them are not even playing properly.
Specially when some focus of those criticisms are also being thrown at players who have never done it before.
This event is literally days old.. give people time to learn it.

It's not elitism to defend this meta which is for the most part fine and could use a few improvements here and there.
The way I see it the elitism is far more prominent on the side calling to nerf it only days after it was released with one of the main reasons basically being "I can't beat it because most players suck at the game"

This event is not that hard, players need time to learn and when they do success rates will increase.
As far as I can see there are only 2 real issues with this event.

1. The capability to troll the event is a bit too high, specially with the green circle phase.
I propose that Anet improve this phase of the fight by adding a minimum player pass requirement to it.
When X amount of players complete this phase of the fight, all other players are teleported back to the arena and the fight continues.
AFK/Troll problem would be severely reduced by this.

2. The event takes far FAR!! too long to spawn, there is far too much downtime and waiting around for this meta event.
This needs to be drastically reduced.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, kharny.3284 said:

the wisp phase needs fixing, also the amount of adds running around and the constant swapping of tail and head, though that might be a bug in some instances, cause it seems to vary a lot.

I agree the wisp phase does need some improving.

The tail phase can be skipped if you have enough group DPS, Mighty Teapot showcased this in a recent video.
In my map the tail did spawn a fair bit so there could be a bug with it that most of us are overlooking.

28th Failed Attempt,
We had the perfect synnergy until 2 trolls decided to join and completely "Voided" our efforts...

At this point ANet, let me speak honestly in your face... you know what?
Keep your dang turtle... I don't give two cents about it anymore.
I'll also be less inclined to pre-order your half-baked expansions next time.

I have spent already too much time, on that piece of half-designed piece of content.
So much great reviews, all given by actually sponsorred and partners only. Very Reflective of the overall.
Honestly the expansion should have been delayed at least another year. Because you were absolutely not prepared or thought things through.

Edited by KurokouNekoki.7891
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/1/2022 at 7:30 PM, Blackari.2051 said:

Please Anet for the love of whatever you worship, do not nerf this fight. Finaly there is a boss fight in open world where just spamming #1 is not enough.
Do not listen to cry babies just because finally they have to somewhat pay attention to what is happening. If you really have to do something maybe add an extra minute on timer to the boss fight but not too much...

The meta being hard is fine, what its not fine IMO, is a mount tied to completing a hard meta thats not for casuals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

Why is it half baked or half designed? Because you weren’t able to get the mount in the first three days? Oh come on. Maybe get some air and breathe 

Anyone supporting to not nerf go wipe 20+ times then come back and reply, do not get carried by teapot on first clear and tell us to git gud and crap. Meta is flawed its buggy and overtuned for open world.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

Why is it half baked or half designed? Because you weren’t able to get the mount in the first three days? Oh come on. Maybe get some air and breathe 

One of the big selling things for people was the mount. To constantly have to repeat a meta, that takes a bit to start, a perfect group, and raid level dps is pretty annoying.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

28th Failed Attempt,

I know how this feels lel

The amount of times I've been in groups reaching the Void Legends stage and just not having time is pain.

Also the people saying it's a DPS issue obviously don't pay enough attention to the amount of times Soo-Won has either Invulnerability or Hardened Shell. When I said her HP recovered as well, Ima correct myself; she doesn't recover HP, she's constantly in Hardened Shell because the instant you finish her Tail off, it's like maybe a minute then the Tail's back again, and people end up splitting the DPS between Hardened Shell arm and tail because they aren't given enough time to actually DPS her before the tail target kicks in again.

Also that Whisp phase is just whack. Either stop the timer for Soo-Won's fight to actually let people do it, or just remove it entirely. The fact that it's designed to waste more time rather than actually be beneficial in the fight just tells me this Meta wasn't properly QA tested to see how badly designed that part of the fight was

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GalacticSage.1723 said:

One of the big selling things for people was the mount. To constantly have to repeat a meta, that takes a bit to start, a perfect group, and raid level dps is pretty annoying.

I got it on my third try. Without being carried, was a pug group. So it is not impossible. 
Tomorrow I will finish the collection.  So I got the “big selling thing” after less than one week after release. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Because you have to do more than auto attack, I get it, this seems to be impossible for some players. 

You obviously don't even get remotely close to get it...
The problem is not even the game, the problem is ANet allowing trash behaviors like Sabottaging to pass.
And also players like you who white knights without even a single ounce of understanding of the situation because everything is given to you on a silver platter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Because you have to do more than auto attack, I get it, this seems to be impossible for some players. 

We had a 50 man group, nearly flawlessly do all of the phases, tail, side bosses, dodging slams. AND STILL FAILED, claiming some only autos when people have neem trying for so long is just an kitten remark.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

You obviously don't even get remotely close to get it...
The problem is not even the game, the problem is ANet allowing trash behaviors like Sabottaging to pass.
And also players like you who white knights without even a single ounce of understanding of the situation because everything is given to you on a silver platter.

What exactly was given to me on a silver platter? Please tell me, I want to know. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I got it on my third try. Without being carried, was a pug group. So it is not impossible. 
Tomorrow I will finish the collection.  So I got the “big selling thing” after less than one week after release. 

And you're taking people who have tried with full on premade groups doing it. You got lucky, people have been trying since it came out, dudes on his 28th attempt to get it and still cant. You're remarks are just showing you're being an kitten about it when people have actual solid complaints about it. All most people want is the timer extended to squeeze in that extra dps.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GalacticSage.1723 said:

And you're taking people who have tried with full on premade groups doing it. You got lucky, people have been trying since it came out, dudes on his 28th attempt to get it and still cant. You're remarks are just showing you're being an kitten about it when people have actual solid complaints about it. All most people want is the timer extended to squeeze in that extra dps.

What are these solid complaints? There are already a lot of players with the turtle or players doing the collection for the turtle. So there are more than enough proof of groups who did the meta successfully. Just because some people on the forums complain doesn’t mean the complaints are valid and the meta should be nerfed. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Confused 9

There is a difference between a nice meta-event forcing players to not be braindead and spam 1 all day, and a meta that clearly wasn't tested enough and has questionable tuning and design decisions. I've done pretty much all the challenging content in the game, I'm at a point where I know how this fight works, and it just feels frustrating.

First, even though challenging content can be very nice, this isn't really the place to introduce a lot of challenge since content is locked behind its completion. End of Dragons was clearly designed for casual/newer players, this meta shouldn't be an exception. If the majority of players cannot complete content designed for the majority, then there is a problem.

Second, coming back to the mechanics, it's a visual mess, it's pretty hard to get around, the boss has too few DPS windows and moves around too much. Plus, so far the best strategy is to cheese the crystal phase to buy some time, which isn't even enough in the end. Some guildies managed to clear it with massive coordination on Discord, but that should never be a requirement for consistently clearing an open-world meta event. For strikes, raids and standalone content designed to be challenging, where you have a set team and environment, that is another story.

So yes, ANet should re-evaluate the boss fight, without nerfing it to the ground. Adding a few minutes to the timer could be an easy fix, but reviewing the mechanics a bit shouldn't hurt either.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

What are these solid complaints? There are already a lot of players with the turtle or players doing the collection for the turtle. So there are more than enough proof of groups who did the meta successfully. 

And there's literally MORE proof of people who can't get it. When I was in our 50 man premade, we did everything successfully but just didn't have  the dps to get it lower. And half the time Soo-wan was flying across the platform back and forth making it harder to dps because you have to run back across the platform to continue attacking. And I'm not complaining about it  being hard or tough, we literally just run out of time because the amount of dps needed. I have literally only seen 1 person the entire time I've been playing with a turtle mount. 1 person. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Ok...to the people who keep using the SAME argument over and over again: 
"People will get better! That's a good thing!" - you are completely IGNORING the fact that NEW players who bought this game and expansion get Level 80 boosts. Which is fine. I'm GLAD we're getting new players who get to experience the awesomeness of this game. THIS META though, invites NEW PLAYERS and EXPERIENCED PLAYERS. You are IGNORING the fact that some of these people literally JUST STARTED PLAYING. Sure, they will "get better"...but it will take a while. What is wrong with those of us who ARE experienced wanting a mount that was advertised to us (some of us paid $80 for this btw...)? I took off 4 days of work hoping to have the rewards completed...so that I can enjoy the world more afterwards. I don't always HAVE time like I do right now to do all this. THAT is why some of us seem to be "in a rush" and wanting "right now" rewards. Its fine that it will be "figured out" / fixed eventually...but it is very upsetting for some of us. Why was it planned this way to begin with? 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

“Fixed an issue that allowed players to use jade bot personal waypoints while transformed during a specific phase of the Battle for the Jade Sea meta-event's final boss.”

Well there goes all the completions. Nobody will be able to complete it now. GGs everyone. 

• Like 3

Just now, Xero the Dark.8230 said:

Ok...to the people who keep using the SAME argument over and over again: 
"People will get better! That's a good thing!" - you are completely IGNORING the fact that NEW players who bought this game and expansion get Level 80 boosts. Which is fine. I'm GLAD we're getting new players who get to experience the awesomeness of this game. THIS META though, invites NEW PLAYERS and EXPERIENCED PLAYERS. You are IGNORING the fact that some of these people literally JUST STARTED PLAYING. Sure, they will "get better"...but it will take a while. What is wrong with those of us who ARE experienced wanting a mount that was advertised to us (some of us paid $80 for this btw...)? I took off 4 days of work hoping to have the rewards completed...so that I can enjoy the world more afterwards. I don't always HAVE time like I do right now to do all this. THAT is why some of us seem to be "in a rush" and wanting "right now" rewards. Its fine that it will be "figured out" / fixed eventually...but it is very upsetting for some of us. Why was it planned this way to begin with? 

Exactly, and like I said, if they are new and the turtle is like a key reason to get the game, locking it behind a meta that lots of people have been complaining about feels like a slap in the face

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1