DO NOT nerf Dragon's End meta.

I've got full ascended gear + set 1 Ascended Weapon and Legendary + set 2 Ascended Weapon. I have all Superior runes and sigils applied. I EVEN have ALL of the +5 might infusions on EVERYTHING. True, I did switch to Harbinger from Reaper for the expansion - but I've played it enough that I'm getting used to everything now. But I'm being punished for other players actions in this meta event...simply because people either don't listen, don't speak the same language, don't understand, want to troll (etc..). I get where you "hardcore" players are coming from. I'm not the MOST hardcore player ever...I'll be honest: I get confused, I'm a bit ditzy at times (I have severe A.D.D...unmedicated...)...but it usually all comes together fine - and I do eventually figure things out. In this case there IS nothing I can do to improve the situation. That's what bugs me. Unless I get lucky, which I'm usually not...I'm not getting the turtle mount. I was excited for it...it was advertised at me...but I have no way to get it until this is fixed. 

"GIT GUD" does not apply here.

Edited by Xero the Dark.8230
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

Tbh that WOULD be considered a sort of nerf in a sense.

In a sense, yes it would. But I'm also of the opinion that a mechanic should be intuitive. And I would prefer a "nerf" that makes the fight more intuitive and less cheese instead of just increasing the timer or decreasing the HP actually, now that I think about it more.

1 minute ago, yann.1946 said:

While I agree for the most part, there is however a place for difficult and fail able met as in ow. 

It is more a problem how long the Meta takes however. 

I dont mind there being a chance to fail. but I do think it shouldnt be tailored to the elitest community as it seems to be right now. It should be grindable (as it kinda is needed for PvE.). Honestly only thing Id do Is change the green/wisp and nerf tail. at that point I think it'd be fine. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ototo.3214 said:

In a sense, yes it would. But I'm also of the opinion that a mechanic should be intuitive. And I would prefer a "nerf" that makes the fight more intuitive and less cheese instead of just increasing the timer or decreasing the HP actually, now that I think about it more.

That's my point honestly, the event is not super intuitive, the only way to learn if you are in the map to succeed it is by doing it, which impact a lot of other players who are there for their xxth time.
Where the listening is primordial by then as we "veterans" will try to give the mechanics to give more chances.

But most of things in the event chains is like.
"Watch out for that T-..." *FWHOMPED*

With that sort of reaction time, the only thing you can learn is "I'll get smacked, right?"

Edited by KurokouNekoki.7891

26 minutes ago, Cloudz.6890 said:

I think that's part of the problem. They're doing a meta event that basically requires communication, but they're not communicating. So is the problem the meta event or the players? I'm not saying everyone on the map has to do the meta, but if anet wants the metas to be this difficult then not being in map/squad chat can and often ruins the DE meta runs.

I don't actually think they're trolling, but there's not really a difference other than intent and I don't know intent because they're not in chat.

For most map metas, you only ever have a handful of vocal players communicating. The majority of players won’t be doing that.

The problem is the way the meta was designed and tested. 

We had a full 50 man group that was organized amazingly, did the skips to save time, took tail out as soon as it popped up, killed the bosses together and still failed the fight with 19% damage. That was my 8th time trying to do the meta and just doing everything we can and then having to restart to fail again 2 hours later is just annoying and time consuming and to have to do it just to start the turtle mount unlock just kills me everytime.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

That's my point honestly, the event is not super intuitive, the only way to learn if you are in the map to succeed it is by doing it, which impact a lot of other players who are there for their xxth time.
Where the listening is primordial by then as we "veterans" will try to give the mechanics to give more chances.

But most of things in the event chains is like.
"Watch out for that T-..." *FWHOMPED*

With that sort of reaction time, the only thing you can learn is "I'll get smacked, right?"

I've only done the meta twice, but the main attacks the dragon does are easy to dodge and get out of the way as long as you pay attention to how she's moving and what else is going on. Gotta be on your toes to avoid getting hit. But obviously the problem would be those who don't pay attention and stand right in the hit markers then wonder why they keep dying lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Caitybee.3614 said:

I've only done the meta twice, but the main attacks the dragon does are easy to dodge and get out of the way as long as you pay attention to how she's moving and what else is going on. Gotta be on your toes to avoid getting hit. But obviously the problem would be those who don't pay attention and stand right in the hit markers then wonder why they keep dying lol.

Personally having no problems with the fist, tail and most of the bubbles, the one that give me a lot of trouble is the sudden mid stage traversals that downs (that seemingly has no Telegraphs)

It's one thing to fail an event due to people lacking synergy, it's another to fail it over and over and over, and when you finally get a squad with good synergy, it fails because of the servers.

It doesn't matter how many times people say "don't stand in the green aoes", all it takes is one person to ruin the entire thing. The only people who could possibly complain is the people who aren't taking others into consideration. You could do it perfectly every single time and still fail because people ignore chat.

"Don't nerf the meta" you say, well I'd like for you to experience the same frustration I have. The event is far too long to say "all people need to do is learn", because every single time is a new set of players who don't understand or don't read chat.

This meta's success is, unintentionally, based on how lucky you are to get into a squad that listens. That may not be the intended design, but it is the way things currently are. One person can ruin a whole hour's worth of effort. And you say "don't nerf the meta".

You simply have not experienced the frustration others have.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Thundabolt.8541 said:

It's one thing to fail an event due to people lacking synergy, it's another to fail it over and over and over, and when you finally get a squad with good synergy, it fails because of the servers.

It doesn't matter how many times people say "don't stand in the green aoes", all it takes is one person to ruin the entire thing. The only people who could possibly complain is the people who aren't taking others into consideration. You could do it perfectly every single time and still fail because people ignore chat.

"Don't nerf the meta" you say, well I'd like for you to experience the same frustration I have. The event is far too long to say "all people need to do is learn", because every single time is a new set of players who don't understand or don't read chat.

This meta's success is, unintentionally, based on how lucky you are to get into a squad that listens. That may not be the intended design, but it is the way things currently are. One person can ruin a whole hour's worth of effort. And you say "don't nerf the meta".

You simply have not experienced the frustration others have.

Wouldn't that be ironical if ANet would transfer all the Turtle from people who say doesn't need a Turtle and gives them to those who probably have participated in the even 200% more time than them so they would have to re-earn it with the same condition we had.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

Wouldn't that be ironical if ANet would transfer all the Turtle from people who say doesn't need a Turtle and gives them to those who probably have participated in the even 200% more time than them so they would have to re-earn it with the same condition we had.

I wouldn't be surprised if the person who wrote this post did the meta in a big guild as a syncronized group. No-one who failed the event as much times as 3 or 4 would say "please don't nerf this" because they would be sick of the same thing happening every time.

Edited by Thundabolt.8541
  • Like 1

For once we finally get a meta where it's not just completely braindead with people spamming 1 on their bearbow ranger. Even though the meta demands a lot more from your average player than any other meta, I'd rather keep it the way it is. It's only day 3 into the expansion, people will learn, figure out the most optimal strategies, and the price of memories of Aurene will eventually come down to a reasonable cost for gen 3 weapons. The encounter is really well designed too, and not running it down the lane killing stuff in DS. I would much rather have this be the penultimate meta event that actually requires more than the bare minimum from average players than the wet noodle, loot piñata that the Chak Gerent is today after the nerfs.

Is it a kitten move to lock turtle behind the meta tho? Absolutely. Does it suck to see it fail after spending 2h in the map? Definitely.

• Confused 3

On 3/2/2022 at 1:08 PM, DragonMoon.6098 said:

Wonderful. I haven't gotten far enough in the expansion content to even get near the meta yet, but you guys are giving me great hopes for when I do. #sarcasm

For real, I am only in act 4, I am struggling to just get around the maps, Thank god for my Skyscale, I feel bad for anyone with out a skyscale in EOD. I also suffer from ongoing vertigo, I get dizzy super easy, and so far there have been a few story missions already in eod that have made me so dizzy sick i had to stop playing and go to bed for the day, after reading all this about the meta, sounds like it's going to be a nightmare for me... Turning into a wisp? a flying creature, like when we had to turn into jade bot in the story mission? yeah sounds like I will puke :(, Not looking forward to it at all! looks like I may be skipping out on getting Turtle. 

Edited by MysticalGoddess.8637
Spelling
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nex.1453 said:

people will learn, figure out the most optimal strategies

Hah! I remember this from when Marionette came back, those people who called it difficult surely all learnt it and are doing it a lot now and not just gave up on it because it was too hard for them, right? Right?

Let's be real, the "people" in question will not learn, they will just avoid the meta alltogether. I had Guildmates not doing Marionette because they had to put in minor effort. Those people won't go "huh, this is harder, I'll try to get better", they will just not do it, leaving the meta to die.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Nex.1453 said:

For once we finally get a meta where it's not just completely braindead with people spamming 1 on their bearbow ranger. Even though the meta demands a lot more from your average player than any other meta, I'd rather keep it the way it is. It's only day 3 into the expansion, people will learn, figure out the most optimal strategies, and the price of memories of Aurene will eventually come down to a reasonable cost for gen 3 weapons. The encounter is really well designed too, and not running it down the lane killing stuff in DS. I would much rather have this be the penultimate meta event that actually requires more than the bare minimum from average players than the wet noodle, loot piñata that the Chak Gerent is today after the nerfs.

Is it a kitten move to lock turtle behind the meta tho? Absolutely. Does it suck to see it fail after spending 2h in the map? Definitely.

Meta in of itself isn't that hard, the problem being that a single inexperienced player/troll can ruin the entire meta. Also there is no way to really organize everyone, as there always will be some new or malicious players on the map with no way to kick them or anything.

I have done 6 or 7 runs and simply have given up until something is changed with wisp phase, as i haven't seen it succeed a single time.

While i consider myself somewhat experience player and can dodge and dps mostly reliably, i actually like doing wisp phase i can't make others do it. And it usually ruins the meta when both wisp phases fail.

• Like 3

I've spent my whole afternoon for the second day in a row trying to get this @#$% meta. I don't mind a challenge, but this is ridiculous. We had a coordinated map, excellent communication and good commanders. people still stood in greens. At this point I'm pretty sure I will never come back to this content once I get the unlocks I want, just because this experience has been so horrible. which is sad because I think this is actually pretty fun if it was done right.

The event is way too long, not to mention that there's next to no rewards unless it's successful. There's no way I'm going to spend 2 hours of my limited game time on a regular basis for something that gives that little.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I actually like this meta, but have I gotten into a group yet that has successfully completed it? NO. Why?
This meta is open world content, which means 9 classes and 27 elite specs. The casual player of the game, which most of us fall into the category of is bringing whatever toon we started EOD on, and players who don't do a ton of DPS are going to be at a disadvantage. Since its open world and not group instanced the group comp is whatever it ends up being to fill the map. 
Due to this, there does need to be a little bit of a nerf. Not a big one, but enough to make it viable to complete since they have tied the Siege Turtle Mastery to it. 

• Thanks 1

The only thing they need to nerf is Soo-Won randomly recovering back to 60% of her HP back after doing the Whisp phase.

Literally an entire run can get ruined by that phase because even if you down her to 50% or less before whisp phase, it will literally bump it back up to 60%, no exceptions. That's not a DPS issue, that's a horrid punishment for a phase that's literally intended to waste time (yes, I said literally multiple times cuz this is the only thing I've had an entire issue with kek)

This is the ONLY thing that needs to change from what I've seen on my repeated fails, otherwise I'd have finished this Meta by now, even with the worst PUGs

Edited by ChronoPinoyX.7923
  • Confused 1

there is way too much mess on this event, not to mention some things seem random.

Initially 2 days ago, it went okay, just usually had 10-20% left with people really trying.

Today, with more people arriving at the jade sea...getting halfway seems suddenly more common.

People who thought it would get better, you're wrong, it'll get worse and then either get nerfed or die out completely.

• Like 1

Sure, I want nice things for open world, in general I loved the fight, but if the squads killing the boss are doing so by skipping the green mechanic that's a big red flag about the design of this content. And this is making the playerbase turn on each other, like someone said earlier, a player trying to do mechanics is not a troll. Ok, I know we are spamming in squad/map/say chat to people not to do greens, but people doing greens shouldn't mean a meta fail, I mean, you should be able to clear it by doing the fight mchanics. This needs more time, don't even need to nerf the mechanics, just add more 10-15min.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 2:30 PM, Blackari.2051 said:

Please Anet for the love of whatever you worship, do not nerf this fight. Finaly there is a boss fight in open world where just spamming #1 is not enough.
Do not listen to cry babies just because finally they have to somewhat pay attention to what is happening. If you really have to do something maybe add an extra minute on timer to the boss fight but not too much...

My issue is this, if I decide to enter a map meta and then add a bunch of time to the event by activating the green and not completing them and doing this on purpose… That’s a problem…

GW2 started out with the design philosophy that any time you meet a player it should be a positive or neutral (gameplay) experience.

Which is the very philosophy that created the mostly friendly and positive community. 

Dragon's End encourages the opposite. And frankly, the new strikes are just relabeling. They start out two notch above old strikes. And end a notch above raid bosses. Pushing people into content they do not enjoy is terrible. The laid back, casual side of GW2 is what sets it apart. What puts it ahead of so many other MMOs.

I hate seeing it put on the backburner and pushing people into hardcore content this hard. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I have done this meta 9 times so far with no succeed. What have I seen for the fail points?
I keep getting into groups that don't want to do the green circles even though its a mechanic of the boss fight. 
Even if only 1 person used the green circles, then quickly made it to the top to end the phase, that would be really helpful as if done for both phases, it would save 4 + minutes for the fight.
People are forgetting, there are achievements tied to the meta. Green circles is one of the achieves with the orbs. People want to get those.
The crystal phase, which is tied to the green circles, is a big reason for failing. 
The boss has too much health for casual, pug groups. 
You get what you get for the groups, and it will change every time
1 of my runs we got to 2% and ran out of time.
8 times we got to around 40%. 
Adding more time doesn't fix the underlying problem. Open world game play isn't the place to put a fight that is tied to so many achieves and a mastery line. 
Leave it challenging for those who want to duke it out with the hard stuff, and create a space for the casual players the game is built on to be able to win and get the egg for the turtle. 

Having another dead meta, and ppl unable to even start the final mastery isn't really viable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1