DO NOT nerf Dragon's End meta.

Fail #26 *mic drops*
(Do I really need to say anything else, message should talk for itself)

Event is not fun, and also cause heavy migraines. To make it even more bearable I had to turn off music, voice and sound effects + environment. Like basically just to focus, there is so many stimulus in that fight I think they just mashed idea together and created a "Chaos" as akin to "The Void"....

Truth be told, this is how I feel after every failed attempt "The Void" and if that was your plan GG Anet...

• Like 3

On 3/1/2022 at 11:30 PM, Blackari.2051 said:

Please Anet for the love of whatever you worship, do not nerf this fight. Finaly there is a boss fight in open world where just spamming #1 is not enough.
Do not listen to cry babies just because finally they have to somewhat pay attention to what is happening. If you really have to do something maybe add an extra minute on timer to the boss fight but not too much...

As someone else said, sounds like someone had a lucky map and wants to brag about it, you want hardcore mechanics? Go raid. A hard meta is fine but dont lock one of youre biggest selling points behind it for crying out loud

• Like 10

Actually...please DO nerf it. Why should we have to rely on other players to each individually do their part to finish the meta? People are unpredictable. Not everyone is going to listen...and like someone mentioned earlier: Not everyone speaks the same language(s). I get where the "hArDcOrE mOdE iS fUn" players are coming from...but I'm not playing Dark Souls...I'm playing Guild Wars 2. Personally, I don't enjoy repeating the same thing over and over again with no change in results. I don't play games for that kind of gameplay. I play for the feeling of accomplishment. If I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything, it takes the fun out of it. 

• Like 8

At the very least you could probs leave it as is and just extend the time by 2-3 minutes.

"Cry babies"? vs hard core casuals? vs hardcores?

For reference i'm 0/6. Every attempt thus far on NA i've tried has failed. Doesn't matter if I know the fight and try to explain it to others, doesn't matter if commanders know the fight and give directions, doesn't matter if groups are organized. Your weakest links in this fight will make you fail it. It will just take time for everyone to learn the mechanics. Some learn faster then others. Some already have their turtles. It's only the 4rth day. Calm down everyone.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Kelly.7019 said:

At the very least you could probs leave it as is and just extend the time by 2-3 minutes.

It will just take time for everyone to learn the mechanics. Some learn faster then others.

To be completely honest, extending by 5 minutes would help a lot.
Learning the mechanics is not even in question
Lately we are managing the mechanics just fine if it wasn't for the trolls at this point.

We are doubling announcements both in Map AND Say Chat (no need to even mention that we also included the messages in our own squads) to make sure people follow instruction.... and they don't.

The last trend is to fail the Wisp part on purpose to cut the time, because there is no other alternatives.
The "rebalancing" of the event is MENDATORY by now.
----------
The only other solution would be to INSTANCE the META (Like DragonStorm) because another thing that I have noticed is people in the map not contributing as they focus on Map Clear (PoI, HPs, Vista). Which doesn't help as the map still consider them part of the scaling.

Had to turn 5 people who were looking for PoIs and stuff, and I'm the type to want to answer, not in the middle of a META run that I have attempted over 25 times though.

• Like 1

I get it. "It just came out."...yes, that's true. I also get that the devs are working extremely hard to get bugs fixed. I am very grateful for everything they do + are doing...and especially for this expansion - I love the story, the characters are (as always) amazing, and this is the ONLY MMO I've found that I love nearly everything about. I love the customization, the locations, the lore...nearly everything. With that being said (I DO love this game!)...

I'm upset + disappointed at the moment because I took 4 days off work after paying $80 for this...I have TIME right NOW to play and get this stuff. I won't HAVE as much time when this gets fixed in weeks, months, etc. The "it'll be fixed eventually" posts are fine...but some of us have real responsibilities and don't have time to spend hours trying to do this over and over again. I've got a serious headache from trying to do this repeatedly. I'm less and less motivated each time I attempt this. Which is highly unfortunate...because I've loved nearly everything up to this point. I'm not going to quit the game entirely over it...but I'm super disappointed about the siege turtle. 😞 I don't expect them to "just fix it" or anything like that...but I just...don't understand the plan behind it. I don't mind the mechanics, everything makes sense...but watching the HP / timer is just...way more stressful than it should be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ausar.9542 said:

Just make it troll proof and set up in a way that one person cant ruin the whole hour long event.

Some would say that the Troll Removal is the nerf it needs.
Banning the Trolls, I'm starting to feel obliged to block people who cannot follow a triple given instruction...

Being "New" by now is not an excuse anymore...
If you don't know or simply can't follow mechanics; or if you are even thinking a commander is not to be listen to.
You have boosted and should just go back to the Starting Core Maps and relearn the games basics.

When arriving at the first EoD Map, I immediately felt like the combo finishers and the CC tutorials; at this point in the game progression; were simply TOO LATE (It's nice they finally listened, but they should have put them into the very first maps) and was going to be a big giveaway on what to further expect in a way...

Don't give player a reason to boost without them knowing the basics. It is already bad enough with the PoF mounts and the Gliders.

Edited by KurokouNekoki.7891
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

38 minutes ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

To be completely honest, extending by 5 minutes would help a lot.
Learning the mechanics is not even in question
Lately we are managing the mechanics just fine if it wasn't for the trolls at this point.

We are doubling announcements both in Map AND Say Chat (no need to even mention that we also included the messages in our own squads) to make sure people follow instruction.... and they don't.

The last trend is to fail the Wisp part on purpose to cut the time, because there is no other alternatives.
The "rebalancing" of the event is MENDATORY by now.
----------
The only other solution would be to INSTANCE the META (Like DragonStorm) because another thing that I have noticed is people in the map not contributing as they focus on Map Clear (PoI, HPs, Vista). Which doesn't help as the map still consider them part of the scaling.

Had to turn 5 people who were looking for PoIs and stuff, and I'm the type to want to answer, not in the middle of a META run that I have attempted over 25 times though.

It would be good if the green circle phase could grant some mega buff, like HUGE DPS bonus if you get it done.

Also every time you kill the tail, the boss will lose 5-7% HP.

17 minutes ago, Ausar.9542 said:

no need to nerf it. Just make it troll proof and set up in a way that one person cant ruin the whole hour long event.

how will you do that? its OW, so you cant stop them from joining the fight.

if you have the power to interfere, then they can do the same to you.

DCUO has a couple of missions like that too, and theyre the worst. 

giving ONE person the power to troll the rest of the group just doesnt fly anymore

Wait, what? They gated one of the major xpac selling points behind map meta when we don't have control over party ocmposition? Great. Ppl are hyped now and will try to finish it but in a few months no one will care and players late to the expansion won't get their turtle or it will take them weeks. Why not start the collection after finishing the story or some map completion?

• Like 2

I have not gotten there yet - I am in no hurry to play the entire story... but...

When I do get there I hope there are still people to work with.  As for 'not listening' - am I supposed to play with my chat window open?  I play solo and never open the chat window.  I was playing on a team with my son a while back so I opened it, but kept forgetting to look at it ha ha. 

I'm seeing too much of people blaming inexperienced players and players who are standing in the circles for screwing up this event so much.

Sorry but no, the people trying to cheese the fight by skipping this green circle mechanic are the ones in the wrong here.
Anet very clearly stated it wanted EOD content to discourage exactly this kind of thing, especially in Strike Missions.

We can all talk about that particular mechanic and we'll probably all agree that at the present time it does need to be tweaked a bit for good reasons.
But you have no right to be attacking players for standing in the circles, they are playing the content as it is intended to be played.
Everyone trying to skip it are the ones in the wrong here and them being screwed over for it is pretty much them getting their just deserts.

Rather than constantly telling people to skip this mechanic, event commanders should instead be teaching others how to overcome it.
That after all is their job!! as a commander, and if they are not doing that then they are failing!! at that job.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

24 minutes ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

I have not gotten there yet - I am in no hurry to play the entire story... but...

When I do get there I hope there are still people to work with.  As for 'not listening' - am I supposed to play with my chat window open?  I play solo and never open the chat window.  I was playing on a team with my son a while back so I opened it, but kept forgetting to look at it ha ha. 

If you do get the mechanics gimmicks, like getting the tail, not getting greens and to split evently or kill together, sure you can mute the chat.
The NPC is already giving the instruction so if you pay attention to "That at least" you should be able to get the moment when to do something.

But if you want to just play solo, you can kiss that siege turtle goodbye.

• Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Teratus.2859 said:

I'm seeing too much of people blaming inexperienced players and players who are standing in the circles for screwing up this event so much.

Sorry but no, the people trying to cheese the fight by skipping this green circle mechanic are the ones in the wrong here.
Anet very clearly stated it wanted EOD content to discourage exactly this kind of thing, especially in Strike Missions.

We can all talk about that particular mechanic and we'll probably all agree that at the present time it does need to be tweaked a bit for good reasons.
But you have no right to be attacking players for standing in the circles, they are playing the content as it is intended to be played.
Everyone trying to skip it are the ones in the wrong here and them being screwed over for it is pretty much them getting their just deserts.

Rather than constantly telling people to skip this mechanic, event commanders should instead be teaching others how to overcome it.
That after all is their job!! as a commander, and if they are not doing that then they are failing!! at that job.

As stated before, not everyone speaks English or reads the chat. There are also trolls that just crew with the event so it will fail. Commanders can do nothing to help them.

Yesterday i was playing with a commander who composed a word document and was pasting instruction constantly and we still failed because some people ignored it.

He even made a reddit thread after.

• Like 1

Having read most of the comments here and failed the meta a handful of times, I think the two tweaks that would make it most barrable (in my opinion), are to add just a single minute, and decrease how often she does the side change attack, half of my runs failed due to not being able to do any damage to her for about a minute multiple times during the fight, because She would constantly be switching which side of the field she's on. Everyone would charge to her head just in time to have to run back to the other side again. My first run would have succeeded had we had just a single minute more. 

28 minutes ago, Teratus.2859 said:

If it was a strike mission, that wouldn't be a problem anymore.
Currently there is too much variables that absolutely cannot be controlled unless we have a perfect cooperation from EVERYONE.
Yet it is the online world and people will just love to ruin it for others.
--------------
When you take time to explain the mechanics, that does fall on people for not listening. The Time we spend to explain is the time we would take doing the mechanic too. Because we found a work around to make it work, yet people still decides to ruin it is kind of a nonesensical, it feels like they just don't want to get the mount nor clear the event (which is also required for several other pieces of gear and upgrades).

Even when trying to do it normally with all the mechanics, someone will not listen.
PURE EXAMPLE is the Tail Mechanics as this is a clear target that need to be get rid during the encounter as it nullifies the Condition Damage on the boss while also only leaving 15% of the RAW Power input on damage, leading to a timer outting.

--------------
If people would listen AND Collaborate then sure, people just wanting to rush would be to blame, but that's not the case in all the 26 encounters I have done.
25 of them being trying legitimately without skips, for records.
--------------
We don't ask a lot, just to listen to the "Legit" Instructions and that you also Perform on them.
Technical issues aside obviously, but there is absolutely no reason why so much of the glob is still focused on head when the tail has been calledout at least 5+ times.

Edited by KurokouNekoki.7891

On 3/2/2022 at 12:39 AM, Blackari.2051 said:

DS meta at the beginning of HOT ? it was at least 1 hour long if not alomst 2. 
Gerent ? It went unkilled  for how many days with premade maps! 
AB, same maps were failing on event that you can now do blindfolded...
All of these metas are not a standalone fights.

It just takes time, its only 2nd day of xpac, let ppl learn the fight do not just nerf it immediately just because everything in the game is kitten poor easy content to do. This fight will be no problem in couple of days.

none of those metas could be griefed by 1 player deciding not to do mechanics. Your argument is invalid and you should feel bad.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Necrosian.1359 said:

As stated before, not everyone speaks English or reads the chat. There are also trolls that just crew with the event so it will fail. Commanders can do nothing to help them.

Yesterday i was playing with a commander who composed a word document and was pasting instruction constantly and we still failed because some people ignored it.

He even made a reddit thread after.

Your commander failed to include (or possibly notice) that successfully completing the Green Circle phase grants players a damage boost.

This is one of the big problems with commanders telling players to completely skip this phase.
They are flat out crippling their map's DPS output by doing this.
Especially in the last Green Circle phase where there are 3 crystal formations, allowing a huge number of players to get that damage bonus.

Maps keep failing to timeouts, people keep blaming inexperienced players, players who don't listen and even players not brining enough DPS and yet they are encouraging players to ignore a key mechanic in the fight that can literally buff a bunch of players damage output.
A mechanic that is also laughably easy to complete as well.
You just spam jump and collect some orbs on the way up, that's all you have to do.

15 minutes ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

If it was a strike mission, that wouldn't be a problem anymore.
Currently there is too much variables that absolutely cannot be controlled unless we have a perfect cooperation from EVERYONE.
Yet it is the online world and people will just love to ruin it for others.
--------------
When you take time to explain the mechanics, that does fall on people for not listening. The Time we spend to explain is the time we would take doing the mechanic too. Because we found a work around to make it work, yet people still decides to ruin it is kind of a nonesensical, it feels like they just don't want to get the mount nor clear the event (which is also required for several other pieces of gear and upgrades).

Even when trying to do it normally with all the mechanics, someone will not listen.
PURE EXAMPLE is the Tail Mechanics as this is a clear target that need to be get rid during the encounter as it nullifies the Condition Damage on the boss while also only leaving 15% of the RAW Power input on damage, leading to a timer outting.

--------------
If people would listen AND Collaborate then sure, people just wanting to rush would be to blame, but that's not the case in all the 26 encounters I have done.
25 of them being trying legitimately without skips, for records.

My experience was quite different, we went after the tail and did everything as we were supposed to.
The only exception was the Green Circle phase which everyone collectively said was bad and was told not to do it.

Our run failed just under 10% and people complained about it, mostly at people who went into the green circles because they "didn't listen" 

If we had completed those Green Circle phases we would have had the damage to kill the boss on that first run.
The only people to blame for that failure were the ones telling others not to do that phase, including our commander.

I'm seeing a lot of similar attitudes and strats on the forums as well which is why I am putting a lot of the blame for all these runs failing on commanders and players actively avoiding this particular mechanic.

This meta event really isn't that hard mechanically, the boss is mainly just a big health sponge so ignoring a mechanic in the fight that actually gives people a damage bonus is just absurd imo.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

The bosses health should be reduced and the green circles mechanic should also be removed. The fight itself mechanics wise is alright for me, especially with the airship circling nearby for recovery purposes, but at this rate no one is going to get the siege turtle unless they are really lucky. It honestly makes me not want to try the meta again but i have to if i want the siege turtle.

assigning the ability to get the siege turtle, one of the biggest things this expac had going for it, behind an open world meta event with a high failure rate was one of the weirdest moves arenanet has made. either the fight needs to be tweaked or acquiring the turtle needs to acquirable in another way. things cannot stay the way they are right now.

Edited by castlemanic.3198
  • Like 3

The inherent problem of open world meta is that you don't pick who you play with.
So it needs to be built with the assumption that 10-15% of the players are gonna screw up, or not be useful at all.

It doesn't have to be brainless, don't have to remove any mechanics. but it cannot be -too- challenging.

Challenge is for 5 or 10-man content, where you get to pick your team.

Edited by Deihnyx.6318
  • Like 3