If you beat the Dragon's End meta for the Turtle mount - your headache isn't over just yet.

2 hours ago, Molesworth.1684 said:

So...I just found out from this thread that in order to get the new mount, I will not only have to do a raid-style meta (with countless other issues that is enraging even raiders), but also I will have to do a hard strike mission.  I refuse to be coerced into doing raids or strikes; I never wanted this kind of content and have no interest in doing it.  I have played this game, on 4 active accounts, since soon after launch; it's got me through very hard real life times, now I feel I've been kicked in the teeth  by elitists who seem to have taken over the game.  Also I've been a good spender at the gemstore, since the game's been a big hobby and it only seemed fair to pay for my fun since this is presumably how to keep the game profitable for the developers and pay their salaries.  But unless this situation with the new mount is changed, I've spent my last penny at the gemstore.  At the moment I wish I'd not bought the expansion (on 2 of my accounts), and if it wasn't for World v World and the friends I've made there, I would walk away from the game.  Don't you realise, Anet, that people have a choice, and there are other games out there?  It gets to a point, when even loyal lovers of Guild Wars 2 will, like me, simply walk away.

If you can make it through the story, you can make it through a strike mission.

That's not me making a prediction: the strike mission's mechanics are something you have to learn to get through the story. That's true for all End of Dragons strike missions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Everyone is up in arms over the meta already.   Man, the forums are really going to explode when people realize they have to do strikes too.

20 minutes ago, Nightgunner.2896 said:

If you can make it through the story, you can make it through a strike mission.

That's not me making a prediction: the strike mission's mechanics are something you have to learn to get through the story. That's true for all End of Dragons strike missions.

You're missing the point.   Alot of people don't WANT to do hard endgame content.   Just because they could if they put in enough effort, doesn't mean they want to.   

Edited by Ruisen.9471
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

The strike mission is really not that difficult, it is by no means a hardmode. Did it with a pug group, first time for all of us and we did it on the second try. Maybe people should try things out first before they complain here. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

I have to agree that asking players to do a strike to get an open world mount is not ideal.

The fact that the strike is actually  easy to learn and very forgiving is beyond the point. As a raider i have the experience to figure out the mechanics and even strategize by just looking at them one time. This also includes having an apropiate build and understanding the purpose of whatever role i'm playing while doing it. But i understand that no everybody plays the game that way and certainly not everybody wants to play the game like that.

I'm from the opinion that an open world reward should stick to open world requirements (as all the other requirements from that collection). At the same time i do appreciate any effort that the devs do to encourage more people to try strikes or raids, but maybe this is not the best way to do it since it is forcing them rather than encouraging them.

Edited by Geckoo.6018
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Banryuu.2156 said:

Today I just made an LFG for that specfic strike, people joined and made a fast comp whoever can play heal, quick, alac rest is whatever (DPS, but I haven't got arcDPS). It was the first time for 1 or 2 people and we did it the first try.

I wish they were all like that as in not NEEDING a ton of heals/alac/quick, its just a little bonus. Maybe in challenge mode they are needed but regular mode should be anybody who knows the mechanics with at least exotic gear?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ruisen.9471 said:

You're missing the point.   Alot of people don't WANT to do hard endgame content.   Just because they could if they put in enough effort, doesn't mean they want to.   

Then why are they complaining ? Yes Anet advertized the turtle but they never said it would be given for free like that.

At some point if you refuse to invest time into something you want, then your complain is void. How do you think other player got their turtle ? They had to put time and effort into what they wanted. I put time and effort to unlock it. 

Edited by Alcatraznc.3869
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 9

Ah yes reading some peoples responses here lowers my faith in humanity.

First of all im sensing entitlement from players. You are not entitled to all rewards. Its standard gaming practise for to get X you have to do Y. Nothing new there now is there?

Players complaining that open world players shouldnt have to do other types of content cus "muh open world" is stupid. Basicly every other type of player has to interact with the open world to some degree or other game modes for things. So why not the other way around. Raiders looking to get their legendary armour have to do open world content. Anet wants its players to experience the game in a more complete manner. they WANT people to play new game modes or try things out. How do they do that you ask? they INSENTIVISE them players to play it.

The strike missions aint hard, sure you may not complete it the first time but with a willingness to pay attention to the fight and mechanics you should do fine. If you  as the player are unwilling to meaningfully interact with the game you play and supposedly enjoy. I would dare say you dont actually care about or enjoy this game. Using the ol brainless skill 1 stream. claiming your an open world player and not thinking about anything while you run around unchallenged is you just disregarding the game from your gameplay.

Games are interactive media, its not very interactive if you just have your auto attacks casting while you sit back and do effectively nothing.

On the note of not understanding stuff, there are people out there and resources you can use to both get to grips with the lingo but also guides and builds to use. One such resource is : https://hardstuck.gg/

I can understand for some people finding this stuff may not be easier or intuitive but for people who show a lack of willingness to improve or simply refuse to try due to a lack or caring I despise with a passion.
Regardless of your skill level if you have a willingness to improve and learn. You will get better or the very least have a better time of it.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Then why are they complaining ? Yes Anet advertized the turtle but they never said it would be given for free like that.

At some point if you refuse to invest time into something you want, then your complain is void. 

"Refuse to invest time"

What exactly do you think people have been doing? Investing HOURS (DAYS IN SOME CASES) on this ONE event. YOUR argument is the one that is invalid. And I'm tired of seeing the comments from people saying this is "easy", as it's obviously not and you all DID just get lucky (either lucky enough to know the right guilds/raiders/people OR lucky with the RNG). 

Nothing about this is resolved by skill alone (especially not the skill of just ONE player). You're all not as special as you think. Stop pretending to be better than everyone else - you have a superiority complex, ok...we get it...but just stop. 

We are complaining because we were lied to. We were tricked and many of us have INVESTED years into this game / world. Now, the devs are seemingly twisting everything we love(d) about this game for the sake of "making things difficult" and implementing it in a very absurd way. This was a betrayal for those of us who actually care. How are some of you truly ok with this? I'm already downloading alternative options in case they decide to hide behind silence/ignorance again or worse: claim to be fixing this but not actually make any solid changes AGAIN. This is still very broken. 

Some of you are acting like we just want free stuff - ...people...I can only speak for myself: but I spent $80 on this TWICE (once for myself, once for my sister.)..that doesn't include all the gems / items I have bought...or all the time I have spent on this game. I pre-ordered and PAID like that because I love the game and didn't expect THIS level of betrayal from the people who were seemingly so excited/ happy to get this to us. With this meta design, it seems evil in retrospect since they knew they were going to be forcing this content on us. It's not "a free handout"...and I HAVE played and done my part repeately as an individual but I still have nothing to show for it. The turtle is NOT the problem. It's the entire concept of all this. It IS their game, yes...but they didn't have to punch us all in the face to show us that. They shouldn't force this direction on the entire community. If the problem is "too many different opinions from players" then make MULTIPLE VERSIONS to make everyone happy...but don't force us into content we don't want to take part in.

This is not ok. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Xero the Dark.8230 said:

"Refuse to invest time"

What exactly do you think people have been doing? Investing HOURS (DAYS IN SOME CASES) on this ONE event. YOUR argument is the one that is invalid. And I'm tired of seeing the comments from people saying this is "easy", as it's obviously not and you all DID just get lucky (either lucky enough to know the right guilds/raiders/people OR lucky with the RNG). 

Nothing about this is resolved by skill alone (especially not the skill of just ONE player). You're all not as special as you think. Stop pretending to be better than everyone else - you have a superiority complex, ok...we get it...but just stop. 

We are complaining because we were lied to. We were tricked and many of us have INVESTED years into this game / world. Now, the devs are seemingly twisting everything we love(d) about this game for the sake of "making things difficult" and implementing it in a very absurd way. This was a betrayal for those of us who actually care. How are some of you truly ok with this? I'm already downloading alternative options in case they decide to hide behind silence/ignorance again or worse: claim to be fixing this but not actually make any solid changes AGAIN. This is still very broken. 

Some of you are acting like we just want free stuff - ...people...I can only speak for myself: but I spent $80 on this TWICE (once for myself, once for my sister.)..that doesn't include all the gems / items I have bought...or all the time I have spent on this game. I pre-ordered and PAID like that because I love the game and didn't expect THIS level of betrayal from the people who were seemingly so excited/ happy to get this to us. With this meta design, it seems evil in retrospect since they knew they were going to be forcing this content on us. It's not "a free handout"...and I HAVE played and done my part repeately as an individual but I still have nothing to show for it. The turtle is NOT the problem. It's the entire concept of all this. It IS their game, yes...but they didn't have to punch us all in the face to show us that. They shouldn't force this direction on the entire community. If the problem is "too many different opinions from players" then make MULTIPLE VERSIONS to make everyone happy...but don't force us into content we don't want to take part in.

This is not ok. 

You are overreacting. No one is forcing you to do anything. And you were not lied to and no one betrayed you. This is nonsense. The requirements for the turtle are absolutely fine. Took me one day to complete the collection. The meta maybe needs fixing but the strike mission requirement is good. It is not difficult to do and introduces players to the new strike missions. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 12

i can see where both sides are coming from. personally i wont get turtle cuz i have no interest in it, even though i'm more than capable. i still feel anet did the casual community dirty with this one, which is the vast majority of the playerbase. anet just wants more people to experience the strikes they worked hard on, but doing it in this way obviously isn't making a large part of the community excited or happy to log in and play instead of going to another game where this stuff doesn't happen. i mean look at how WoW turned out after consistently showing they didn't listen to the fans about reasonable requests.

EDIT: also anet has almost zero marketing besides word of mouth. people are saying a lot about this expansion, but a lot of it has been disappointing outside of the new maps and the story. at least that's what i've been hearing from friends and guildies. also how i feel, especially with the new elite specs

Edited by scarlettmoonbabe.6932
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Xero the Dark.8230 said:

"Refuse to invest time"

I am not talking about the ED meta I'm talking about the strike mission which is the topic. And as I stated before "is it luck if 80% of your run are wins ?". If a casual like me who never did raid and only play T4 fractal sometime can do it, anyone can. 

Not really I just decided to suck it up, learn the mechanic and try until I succeed . And guess what, it worked. It took me days me but it worked. But to be called special even though I'm just a casual who doesnt give up, I'll take that as a compliment, thanks.

We are complaining because we were lied to. We were tricked and many of us have INVESTED years into this game / world.

Lied ? Tricked ? The dev advertized the turtle and after spending days doing attempts I got my turtle. Where's the lie ? where's the trickery ? 

You claim many of you have invested years into this game but do you think I havent ? Do you think other people who have turtle have not ? If anything raider/hardcore player invest more time into this game by theorycrafting, testing and doing actual runs than any casual. Just look at all the theorycraft and test some people are doing with the new elite spec.  

Now, the devs are seemingly twisting everything we love(d) about this game for the sake of "making things difficult" and implementing it in a very absurd way. This was a betrayal for those of us who actually care. How are some of you truly ok with this? I'm already downloading alternative options in case they decide to hide behind silence/ignorance again or worse: claim to be fixing this but not actually make any solid changes AGAIN. This is still very broken. 

Is it a betrayal ? Because I care but I dont feel betrayed. 

Can Anet make the boss better ? Definitely. But is it still the impossible wall to climb ? No. I am seeing more and more people unlocking the egg and doing the collection. Despite what people say, the success rate increased more than it previously was. Whether that sucess rate is high enough or not, Anet will tell us with the futur patch.

Some of you are acting like we just want free stuff - ...people...I can only speak for myself: but I spent $80 on this TWICE (once for myself, once for my sister.)..that doesn't include all the gems / items I have bought...or all the time I have spent on this game. I pre-ordered and PAID like that because I love the game and didn't expect THIS level of betrayal from the people who were seemingly so excited/ happy to get this to us.

I think you do not know the meaning of betrayal. I'm looking at the trailer promoting new spec, new maps, new meta event, skiff, turtle.... And so far, everything they've promoted, I got my hand on it with some requiring more time than the other. I only did Kaineng strike and I'm looking forward to try other strike missions. 

With this meta design, it seems evil in retrospect since they knew they were going to be forcing this content on us. It's not "a free handout"...and I HAVE played and done my part repeately as an individual but I still have nothing to show for it. The turtle is NOT the problem. It's the entire concept of all this. It IS their game, yes...but they didn't have to punch us all in the face to show us that. They shouldn't force this direction on the entire community. If the problem is "too many different opinions from players" then make MULTIPLE VERSIONS to make everyone happy...but don't force us into content we don't want to take part in.

And with this meta many player like to find more challenging content. You see it as "evil" other see it as "enjoyable". I like the entire meta event. The preparation is bit whatever but it does helps you in the end so it is technically worth doing it. 

You say that Anet should just "make multiple versions" but do you even know if it is worth it ? Anet doesnt want to invest time and money into something that doesnt work, otherwise they would have kept raid alive. 

This is not ok. 

In the end, the major difference between me and other casual, is just the dedication put into something I want. I have seen plenty of people doing X try and say "I give up". I didnt give up, I tried, and tried, and tried. I kept trying because I want it. But in this thread I see people who managed to beat the meta event which is the hardest part and dont want to 1 strike mission. They want the turtle, but they dont want to do the requirement.  Reminder that none of this is mandatory, you can play the game without having the turtle. But if you want it, then you have to work, and if you already have the egg you've done the hardest part. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

9 minutes ago, scarlettmoonbabe.6932 said:

i can see where both sides are coming from. personally i wont get turtle cuz i have no interest in it, even though i'm more than capable. i still feel anet did the casual community dirty with this one, which is the vast majority of the playerbase. anet just wants more people to experience the strikes they worked hard on, but doing it in this way obviously isn't making a large part of the community excited or happy to log in and play instead of going to another game where this stuff doesn't happen. i mean look at how WoW turned out after consistently showing they didn't listen to the fans about reasonable requests.

The term casual is used a lot these days. But what does it mean? I would consider myself casual because I don’t raid and don’t run fractal cms. But I have decent gear, play a good build and I know my rotations. The strike mission was no problem for me. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

The term casual is used a lot these days. But what does it mean? I would consider myself casual because I don’t raid and don’t run fractal cms. But I have decent gear, play a good build and I know my rotations. The strike mission was no problem for me. 

casual to me means players who dont care to do or even try instanced pve or ranked pvp outside of the easy stuff like t1 fractals or something. basically just trying to chill and not have to worry too much about mechanics or builds or rotations. the strike might be easy for you and many others, but raids and (less so) strikes kinda have a stigma that thats the content all the "sweaty toxic" players go to play, which most casual players want absolutely nothing to do with to avoid being berated for how they choose to play the game or something like that. that's my perception from what i've noticed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Felipe.1807 said:

That wouldnt happen, if you being around for long enough you for sure remenber that people used to ask, and I am not even joking, Ele/War zerker only 10K AP+ on the LFG for AC path 1, it was sad lol so yeah, remove LI or KP, people will ask for unique skins that you can only get there, or titles, or anything really that you can think off

Agreed, there will always be something these kinds of people will demand as "proof" of skill no matter how irrelevant it is.

Achievement points is one of the most ridiculous and they ultimately mean nothing when it comes to defining your ability as a player.
I've got almost 34k AP, and while I have one of every class in the game I would only say that I am legitimately experienced with only 2 of them.
And maybe circumstantially experienced with 2-3 more.
And the rest I've dabbled with only casually on and off.

And what I mean by circumstantially experienced I mean I can play them pretty well but only with very specific builds.
In other words, I know the build but not the whole profession.

Oh you're looking for a 15K AP Revenant?.. Right here dude, 34K Revenant.
I'll just hide the fact that I only have one Revenant and I haven't even got 40% world completion on it lol

AP means nothing.. a foolish requirement if you ask me.

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

At some point if you refuse to invest time into something you want, then your complain is void. How do you think other player got their turtle ? They had to put time and effort into what they wanted. I put time and effort to unlock it. 

You really have trouble understanding there are more options than A) handed out “for free” and Z) requiring instanced group content, don’t you?

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

It's wild that people who havent even tried the strike just assume it's hard. It's not. No enrage, you just dodge stuff and spread when the obvious markers tell you to spread. This isn't CM. 

It's also wild that ArenaNet hasn't figured out a significant portion of the player base just doesn't want to do instanced group content.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

It's wild that people who havent even tried the strike just assume it's hard. It's not. No enrage, you just dodge stuff and spread when the obvious markers tell you to spread. This isn't CM. 

The strike is hard, too hard for casual players who don't have optimized builds. I'm saying that as someone who has the turtle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, castlemanic.3198 said:

The strike is hard, too hard for casual players who don't have optimized builds. I'm saying that as someone who has the turtle.

Completely disagree. The group I was in didn't even really try to optimize boons. We just did a bit of discussion (who has what utilities) fitted them into squads, and did it. It's incredibly easy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

3 minutes ago, castlemanic.3198 said:

What is stopping them from playing an optimized build? You don’t even have to have 10 super optimized builds.
And no, the strike is not hard. Did it on my second try and it was the first time for all 10 in the group. That is not the definition of hard. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

What is stopping them from playing an optimized build? You don’t even have to have 10 super optimized builds.
And no, the strike is not hard. Did it in my second try was the first time for all 10 in the group. That is not the definition of hard. 

why is playing an optimized build required for open world content? open world content that does not require optimized builds.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1