If you beat the Dragon's End meta for the Turtle mount - your headache isn't over just yet.

1 minute ago, Felipe.1807 said:

It did? From what I heard, both Fraenir and the bears were a big jump in dificulty from the first strike...

Well yes, they are more difficult then the shiverpeak one, but freanir is something you fight in the story and it is not really  that much more difficult then that one. Adnd bears are not that hard.

1 minute ago, Felipe.1807 said:

I personally only did the Boneskinner with a all new group(was the only option anyway, as experience players demand kill proofs lol), was a hellish experience and had to replace enough people for 3 squads(lack of time/frustration of some players).

Yes boneskinner is hard, but the other strikes exist to. How can you say yhay they didnt do the easy- normal -hard thing when you havent tried the normal difficulty they did add?

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, castlemanic.3198 said:

Finally got the siege turtle and i never want to do another strike mission again. Nor do I ever want to try the meta again either.

This has to be changed. Everyone should have easier access to the turtle without being required to do raid like content at all.

What do you mean finally? Your probably one of the fist people to get it:S 

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, castlemanic.3198 said:

Finally got the siege turtle and i never want to do another strike mission again. Nor do I ever want to try the meta again either.

Same. Got my turtle some days ago, not planning to do either strike nor the meta for the foreseeable future. Spending time looking for groups that can successfully do that stuff just isn't fun to me.

Edited by Raknar.4735
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

"From what I heard..."

I remenber clearly a lot of people at the time complaining about the dificulty jump that the strikes had...so if that happened it means that they failed with their objective of making strikes a training ground for new players get prepared for Raids...maybe I personally wouldnt find them dificult, but thats besides the point, early Strikes were designed for the lowest skill player to slowly get used to mechanics and stuff like that, if it went from "I can ignore everything" to "this is overwhelming me" then theres something wrong in my opinion.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Felipe.1807 said:

I remenber clearly a lot of people at the time complaining about the dificulty jump that the strikes had...so if that happened it means that they failed with their objective of making strikes a training ground for new players get prepared for Raids...

That is just not true, for any big enough group there will be people complaining that it is to difficult. The only people atm who have any reasonable way to say whether these increases in difficulty where to much or not is anet. 

8 minutes ago, Felipe.1807 said:

maybe I personally wouldnt find them dificult, but thats besides the point, early Strikes were designed for the lowest skill player to slowly get used to mechanics and stuff like that, if it went from "I can ignore everything" to "this is overwhelming me" then theres something wrong in my opinion.

See what i said above, for a big enough group it is expected that there will be people complaining.

On top of that, the complains i remember where mostly in regards to having to do strikes at all. 

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

I'm with 267 LI + raid armor and even I would not really want to do strike missions for the turtle. (it's not about challenging content, hard content etc. It's about I do not enjoy anymore the chore of big hp, multiple phases raids,strikes,anything.)

I did the old ones a few times but meh it was not fun. So I just ignored it after release.

I tried today the new ones but I can clearly see that even if I complete them I would not even redo them even for money.
Strikes are not fun content and it would been really cool if it wouldn't be forced to people who do not enjoy them.
This game used to be "do whatever you feel like" but now it's just almost full of things which I do not enjoy at all.

Edited by SpecterMAT.7306
missed a paragraph
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Luckily, I am not interested in this "mount". But doing the meta with non-KP groups is simply frustrating, that's for sure. Guess I will try again this week with KP/LI LFGs as I want to beat the kitten thing.😅 I agree, though: the "No reward for you if you fail" philosophy is beyond me, too. Oof, after each two hour run just nothing to count for.

As for the Strike Mission mentioned: It's fairly simple for experienced players. You don't necessarily have to be a raider. For casual players, however, I assume it's also quite challenging.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:

A lot of what is defined as "hard content" isn't all that hard, people keep saying the new meta is too hard but it really isn't, it's just new and a lot of people don't know it very well and there are other issues with it being too easy for a single person to mess up, either by accident or deliberately to annoy people.

I do not believe nor agree with people who say players are bad at the game because they can't beat X meta or they can't raid etc.
All of Gw2's content can be beaten by anyone, even with inefficient builds, hell even with bad builds it can be done.
They key element that most players who fail are missing is experience and familiarity with the mechanics.
Once they have that even if they are on a much lower skill level and not min maxing DPS, they can still beat the content.
I believe Anet also think this true as well and their data probably backs that up, which is why I think they designed the new strikes around the new story content and why they are resisting calls to nerf the new Meta and have so far stated that they believe success rates will improve over time as more people learn how the fight works.

I am confident enough in Gw2's casual players to believe that it will.
Although I do still agree with people that there are still some issues with this meta event that do need addressing.
One being the amount of time that is needed to wait between attempts and another being the potentially devastating RNG elements regarding the bosses attack patterns and certain phases.

Yes, content can be beaten by anyone, yet, lfg is full of "250LI", "150+KP", leavers if first attempt fails, full of shortcut names "alacrigade, fbquick, etc". All of this make this content very daunting and not accessible by anyone without experience, or looking for a chill run.

I usually tag for raids with no prerequisite other than knowing most of the fight, and this usually goes well, even though I'm not aiming at clearing wings the fastest I can.

Honestly, this is all on Anet for allowing this kind of stuff. Make LI and KP tokens than cannot be linked in the chat and you might open raids to some more people. Then antisocial speed clearers will cry because they have no means to judge someone else's experience.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You have people complaining that "the game is easy" or "there is no difficult challenge" and when Anet adds something challenging (and even makes it more easier afterward), people still complained but this time saying "it is way too hard" or "it shouldnt be that hard". 

If you manage to beat ED meta, then the rest is easy. Other meta event are easy, the Leviathan requires players but nothing too hard. The strike mission has no time limit and as long as you understand the mecanic it isnt even hard. Hell the strike mission IS easier than ED meta because you can form a 10 man group with more control over who you let in. 

Finally I have to ask, what is a casual player ? I am myself a casual player but when I see other casual saying "ED is impossible, turtle is impossible, strike is impossible.....", then why is it that me, a casual, managed to suceed where all other failed ? I know other will say "luck" but I doubt luck suddenly gives you 80% success rate.  And then I'm looking at what (some) casual player wants as far as difficulty and reward goes and that is basically : "give an event anyone can finish with no effort and give maximum reward". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11

As a lone casual gamer not interested in Strike Missions or organized group events, I am disappointed that the mount is behind that wall.  I have been playing GW2 since it was released and played GW1 before that.  I tried some organized group events and found them to be filled with immature and rude people.  I am not saying they are all like that but the several times I tried that is what I wound up with and will not join strike missions or raids again.  I will not be pursuing the new mount and I will not purchase the next expansion if this is the direction that GW2 is going.  It has been fun until now.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Pomdepin.7068 said:

Yes, content can be beaten by anyone, yet, lfg is full of "250LI", "150+KP", leavers if first attempt fails, full of shortcut names "alacrigade, fbquick, etc". All of this make this content very daunting and not accessible by anyone without experience, or looking for a chill run.

I usually tag for raids with no prerequisite other than knowing most of the fight, and this usually goes well, even though I'm not aiming at clearing wings the fastest I can.

Honestly, this is all on Anet for allowing this kind of stuff. Make LI and KP tokens than cannot be linked in the chat and you might open raids to some more people. Then antisocial speed clearers will cry because they have no means to judge someone else's experience.

If we could not link LIs or KPs ppl would just ask titles or other stuff.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Pomdepin.7068 said:

We have LI and Raid KPs. If new content gets added without any form of token people will just use those, and titles, so on. Like now.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I’ve been waiting for infinite harvesting tools to go on sale. I was ready to pick up a gem card when they did. Now here they are.

I’ve enjoyed EOD so far, have adapted to the profession updates with no problem, but I can’t give them more money at this point with the way they mislead us about the turtle.

If they own the mistake and take out the need to do a difficult meta and strike mission to get it, I’d be willing to support them again in the future.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I successfully completed the Meta on my 7th try and I was lucky to be in a very well organised squad. The squad is noisy and many people joked about but when Soo Won fight started, they all went silence. The people knows what they are doing like planting mes portals at tail and has good dps and when mistakes are made, there were no bitching or finger pointing. Just focus and kill. The key is to find an organised group.

After i have unlocked the Turtle collections, I got it done on the same day. It is not that hard except for the Strike mission. But having said that, I agree that the Meta should be more lenient, extend the time and make it less punishing. and please take away the Strike mission from the collection. I have to source for a long time to get 10 players and it took us three attempts to succeed because that Strike mission is no walk in the park.

Quote : I only want my turtle 😄

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Confused 2

Yep, message received. The turtle is not meant to be enjoyed by certain types of players, and I am one of those players. It’s a shame, and I feel like I am being dismissed as a customer. The turtle is meant to be and end game mount, fine, but please manage your players’ expectations because now I just feel cheated. I will get over it, but it’s leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.

I swear this game is two steps forward, one step back … then another step back, then maybe two steps forward again eventually. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Pomdepin.7068 said:

Make LI and KP tokens than cannot be linked in the chat and you might open raids to some more people.

That wouldnt happen, if you being around for long enough you for sure remenber that people used to ask, and I am not even joking, Ele/War zerker only 10K AP+ on the LFG for AC path 1, it was sad lol so yeah, remove LI or KP, people will ask for unique skins that you can only get there, or titles, or anything really that you can think off

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

such hyperbole about anet 'misleading' about the turtle.

Most shouldnt expect the average player to flawlessly complete metas the first couple weeks. But I easilly give that there is a lot of bugs in the dragonfights that can kill your run.  I think the bugs is more than anything which is causing a lot of the qq, as they can lead to failed runs out of your ability to complete.

Theyve said they are watching completions over the weekend, and is considering alternate methods for the turtle. They -do- care!

We recognize that your feedback touches on both the difficulty of the encounter itself and acquisition of the Siege Turtle collection. For now, we’re targeting changes to improve successful completion rates of the encounter. If these changes don’t have the effect we’re looking for, we'll look at further changes to the encounter or potentially offer alternative acquisition paths for the Siege Turtle collection. We’ll be monitoring the impact of these changes over the weekend.

Edited by LucianDK.8615
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

21 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

such hyperbole about anet 'misleading' about the turtle.

Most shouldnt expect the average player to flawlessly complete metas the first couple weeks. But I easilly give that there is a lot of bugs in the dragonfights that can kill your run.  I think the bugs is more than anything which is causing a lot of the qq, as they can lead to failed runs out of your ability to complete.

Theyve said they are watching completions over the weekend, and is considering alternate methods for the turtle. They -do- care!

We recognize that your feedback touches on both the difficulty of the encounter itself and acquisition of the Siege Turtle collection. For now, we’re targeting changes to improve successful completion rates of the encounter. If these changes don’t have the effect we’re looking for, we'll look at further changes to the encounter or potentially offer alternative acquisition paths for the Siege Turtle collection. We’ll be monitoring the impact of these changes over the weekend.

They said unlocking the turtle would be on par with unlocking the roller beetle.

Which part of the roller beetle involved a strike mission?

“Misleading” is very much not hyperbole.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

They said unlocking the turtle would be on par with unlocking the roller beetle.

Which part of the roller beetle involved a strike mission?

“Misleading” is very much not hyperbole.

Clearly they misjudged the talents of players, as well the significant amount of bugs. The earlier post I linked shows they are working on correcting things, as it didnt hit right.  Quite a far cry from an intentional act.       And I see plenty completing the strike, if you can make it through the meta, then you have no issues with the strike with a half decent group.  Took my group two tries to down.

So I restate, hyperbole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

So...I just found out from this thread that in order to get the new mount, I will not only have to do a raid-style meta (with countless other issues that is enraging even raiders), but also I will have to do a hard strike mission.  I refuse to be coerced into doing raids or strikes; I never wanted this kind of content and have no interest in doing it.  I have played this game, on 4 active accounts, since soon after launch; it's got me through very hard real life times, now I feel I've been kicked in the teeth  by elitists who seem to have taken over the game.  Also I've been a good spender at the gemstore, since the game's been a big hobby and it only seemed fair to pay for my fun since this is presumably how to keep the game profitable for the developers and pay their salaries.  But unless this situation with the new mount is changed, I've spent my last penny at the gemstore.  At the moment I wish I'd not bought the expansion (on 2 of my accounts), and if it wasn't for World v World and the friends I've made there, I would walk away from the game.  Don't you realise, Anet, that people have a choice, and there are other games out there?  It gets to a point, when even loyal lovers of Guild Wars 2 will, like me, simply walk away.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Had a pretty good group going and my internet decided to crap on me in the Strike.  Hopefully more people will be unlocking turtles soon to group up for the strike.  It's not terrible, but it does feel a bit weird to do instanced content for a open world only item.

To me it kinda feels like if they asked you to do a PvE dungeon or Fractal to unlock your Warclaw.  😛 But eh.

There are usually some patient, chill people willing to teach strikes or bring newcomers.  But I wouldn't be surprised a lot of them are stuck on the first barrier right now.  

Edited by Katreyn.4218
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Then perhaps EOD is not meant for you if you prefer to keep Auto Attack 111 and get your loots as what we all did in Dragon Stand/ Auric Basin/ etc etc meta map. That is uber boring and a failed concept.
I don't even understand why did you suddenly comes out with the concept of "Raid" in a meta event.
In raid, you can't even ress yourself once you died. Didn't you see the floating moving Waypoint in Dragon End?

What Arena did this time is different and I totally salute them for it.
The previous PvE map is boring all the while due to unchallenging contents; as long as you got the numbers, you win. However, that is not the case for Dragon Ends meta, which in turn I think that is extremely fun.
Rather than whining, complaining, why don't you just learn? Ask? 

Perhaps a mobile game is much more suitable to you.

A game without challenges is not a game at all, specifically at end game stage.

Edited by yLoon.5289
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1