Mechanist is currently destroying the game. Please consider adjusting it ASAP.

Shiyo.3578

i dont know why people argue about it, not like anet is going to listen either way

ele's been in the dumps for years and they nerf it further

guardian and revenant have been top choices for just as long and barely gets touched

edit: people will just go back to alac renegade if mechanist gets nerfed, which in turn makes hfb a perfect fit in the team for strikes/fractals

Edited by Peterson.5172
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

I will just bump in that I love how this thread response to "show me how much dps you are doing in open world, not bench bot" was posting benchmark videos on golem, and how the "show me video of YOU obliterating those legendary world bosses solo" the answer was some rando posting a link to video of friggin Lord Hizen, and then same dude kept screaming about "goalpost moving" Brah, you have already shifted goalpost yourself by pretending that video of Lord Hizen is equivalent of yours.

As for topic - is mechanist overtuned? maybe

is it "destroying the game" roflno.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

It's not as notably powerful as it was during the beta, that's for sure. It's also noticeably TERRIBLE underwater, and taking down the pet neuters the class for a while unless they've slotted in the elite signet. Pet falls victim to typical pet pitfalls : runs around randomly, lacks responsiveness, and get bogged down easily.

Condi Damage is limited by the lack of any Confusion trait buffs on engineer making (again) the mech is the only one doing anything through bleed, and mechanist is better off using Pistols.

What it Is good at though : CC, Sustain and Buffs, which engineer has a foundation to build on. 

I'd say leave it as is. It cant rival other classes in DPS, and even if it Can rival Healbrand and scourges when it come to buffs and sustain respectively, it's not as easy to use as Healbrand (Because it relies on Mech position) and not as versatile as Scourge (No corruption or boon strip).

I'm doubtful it does better in condi than Condi Holo too.

Edited by Naxos.2503
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Ah, yes.  We can't use golem benchmarks because that doesn't show "real" play but we also can't use real play because we don't show absolutely every scenario.

Except that's not what I said, you can show "real play" but if you want to make a claim you also have to make sure to show something tangible that actually supports it. All you showed is that it can kill some stuff which is, again, nothing special. Your caim that "it's strog" vs. OW doesn't really mean much as the same thing is true for a plethora of builds across all classes.

8 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

And the kick is goo...hey, where'd those goalposts go? 

I don't think you understand how that fallacy works, moving the goalpost implies that I set "go and show me how you can kill something in OW with it" as a goal which I didn't so that's not an argument here.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

I will just bump in that I love how this thread response to "show me how much dps you are doing in open world, not bench bot" was posting benchmark videos on golem, and how the "show me video of YOU obliterating those legendary world bosses solo" the answer was some rando posting a link to video of friggin Lord Hizen, and then same dude kept screaming about "goalpost moving" Brah, you have already shifted goalpost yourself by pretending that video of Lord Hizen is equivalent of yours.

As for topic - is mechanist overtuned? maybe

is it "destroying the game" roflno.

Nobody's "screaming" but you, chief.  I wasn't asked to post anything.  I shared Hizen's video because it shows a ranged build with an AI tank that rivals or exceeds other builds played by the same player.  I think it's a legitimate conversation to have whether or not that is appropriately balanced.  Do you have anything to say to that or is that not a conversation we want to have?

• Like 5
  • Confused 6

4 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

It's actually an insanely fun spec that's ruined by a completely broken gamemaster pet.

The one thing evident from this thread @Shiyo.3578 is that you don't even understand why it is overtuned.

All you can do is point at various resources and babyrage that it is OP due to golem/arc numbers.

Anet is not going to balance the game around one player like Hizen who has a deep knowledge of buildcraft and the ingame skill to trivialize some hard (though unrewarding) content.
They certainly are not going to balance the game around you who possesses neither, just for posting his videos.

This spec is absolutely overtuned, but you don't even understand the specific interaction that makes it so.
And until you do, this thread is nothing but nerf baiting.

Edited by mindcircus.1506
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

The one thing evident from this thread @Shiyo.3578 is that you don't even understand why it is overtuned.

All you can do is point at various resources and babyrage that it is OP due to golem/arc numbers.

Anet is not going to balance the game around one player like Hizen who has a deep knowledge of buildcraft and the ingame skill to trivialize some hard (though unrewarding) content.
They certainly are not going to balance the game around you who possesses neither, just for posting his videos.

This spec is absolutely overtuned, but you don't even understand the specific interaction that makes it so.
And until you do, this thread is nothing but nerf baiting.

So, enlighten us.  What is OP about mechanist?  How about a reasonable conversation about a spec that appears to be overperforming based upon raid benchmarks and open world videos of high end play?  Forget the OP and his hyperbole.  Let's get some real talk here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

So, enlighten us.  What is OP about mechanist?  How about a reasonable conversation about a spec that appears to be overperforming based upon raid benchmarks and open world videos of high end play?  Forget the OP and his hyperbole.  Let's get some real talk here.

Start a new thread and I might weigh in.

This one is a kittenshow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

golem DPS numbers will never equate to real values i honestly do not see the issue. we have been needing a spec that is not dependent on things that are not quintessentially guild wars and imported bad habits from other MMOs like optimal skill rotations that will give you severe carpal tunnel in a few years that you have to memorize from some website in order to be "good enough" at your class.

what is the harm if a team of disabled, elderly or just casual players can walk into a raid with a team full of machinists and win and earn access to the quality of life offered by stat selectable legendary gear.

Edited by dusanyu.4057
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Nobody's "screaming" but you, chief.  I wasn't asked to post anything.  I shared Hizen's video because it shows a ranged build with an AI tank that rivals or exceeds other builds played by the same player.  I think it's a legitimate conversation to have whether or not that is appropriately balanced.  Do you have anything to say to that or is that not a conversation we want to have?

1. This was literally my first post in this thread, and I just said "I love how <insert commentary on quality of discourse so far>" and then stated that I don't disagree with claim that mechanist is overtuned but I find idea of it breaking the game funny. How exactly do you try to twist that into "screaming"?

2. You shared someone elses video, as response to share your own. Video which you then tried to compare to other videos from same author and claim that "leght of time for a kill" is definitive number that quantify the build against other builds. And then started going "moving goalposts" when people pointed out that "lenght of time to kill that particular hero challenge" is in no way quantifiable metric to fullfill a criteria of "challenge" you were trying to respond to.

3. conversation wether espec is balanced or not is always legitimate for every espec in the game at any moment in my opinion, but not every argument is. Issue here is that the claim of the thread is not just if mechanist is "properly balanced" it is flat out acusation that it is so overpowered it "breaks the game". And such extraordinary claim requires a little bit more backing to it, than I have seen in this thread so far to be fair.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Please don't kill the only engi build that can crack 20k at 900 range. Mech is literally the only viable range option. Despite both core weapons implying that it should always be ranged (which is why I picked it as my first char back when I started), it never was until EoD. This was the reason I stopped playing my engineer altogether the moment I geared up a shortbow condi soulbeast. For the first time since ever I actually enjoy engi, and people want to nerf it right away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, dusanyu.4057 said:

if you find the class boring. don't play the class 

At this point Im pretty sure Shiyo doesnt even play the game. Just spends time watching YouTube videos so he can come here and post about it all day long. Any time he's be asked to provide his gameplay proof of how easy a build is he refuses to do it. That says a lot. And if he does play at least he said he's quitting, hopefully done posting as well. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1