Things that deserve higher prioritization

9 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

In 2019 a big part of the GW2 team was fired, it makes sense they stopped the production of many things, Alliances included. Implying they've been 3-4 years working on Alliances is simply haterism.

Oh..  what we were told was that the people fired weren’t working on GW 2.  But hey, if you have more info about that, great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

In 2019 a big part of the GW2 team was fired, it makes sense they stopped the production of many things, Alliances included. Implying they've been 3-4 years working on Alliances is simply haterism.

Weren't the people let go primarily focused on non gw2 projects and gw2 staffing levels largely unaffected?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

But I guess season one IS new content for a large segment of the current population.  (Not necessarily the majority).  And I would figure the data is already intact..  just needs to be brought back out..  ?

You got that right, I want to experience it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Einlanzer.1627 said:

It's a horrendous experience for anyone that started playing after 2013, which comprises a large percentage of players, and a percentage that is likely to continue growing over time. Band-aids aren't enough for it anymore, and Anet finally acknowledged that. 

This is the problem with your thought process right here. You're going to talk for all new players.

I think the people who play an MMO for the story ( as opposed to a single player game) is smaller than you think it is. It's not a horrendous experience for ANYONE who started playing after 2013. It's a horrrendous experience for you and players like you.  And when did Anet acknowledge anything for the sort.

I run a pretty decent size guild that's very good at self-filtering (it's not for everyone for sure) so I see a good number of new players every month and have for years. Do you know the number of people who I've talked to that have expressed this as a problem to me.  I couldn't count them on one hand. I tell them it's not in the game but they can watch a video and they mostly say okay cool. Because they're not playing for the story, and there's a ton of stuff for them to do.

I'm not saying no one is bothered by this, but I guarantee you it's a smaller percentage than you think it is, and it's absolutely  not anyone who started playing after 2013, because I have a guild full of people who started playing after 2013 and many of them have been playing for many years with me.

I'm sure if I asked them they'd love to play it, but most they just don't think about it and some don't care at all.

• Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I think the people who play an MMO for the story ( as opposed to a single player game) is smaller than you think it is. I'm not saying no one is bothered by this, but I guarantee you it's a smaller percentage than you think it is.

Based on... some dudes in your guild? At best, you have anecdotal evidence that some people are okay with not having access to LS1, but that says nothing about overall playerbase percentages. Given that they just announced they're putting serious effort into trying to recreate LS1 (and make it free for everyone), I'd say they're betting on this appealing to a lot of people, but that's very far from guaranteeing that my opinions are facts.

As for OP's wishlist, seems they're going to focus on at least some of that stuff per the announcement today. Polish is important for an aging game, so I'm firmly in the camp of 'God, finally' and 'I hope it's good; I'll believe it when I see it'. You can also put me down for 'Yass, maintenance on dungeons and fractals' even though ArenaNet is trying other instanced content like strikes and encapsulated metas (Marionette, Dragonstorm). They may not be making new 5-man content currently, but it isn't as though that stuff stopped existing or the players enjoying it evaporated.

Curate what you have even if you continue adding more, that's my take.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Based on... some dudes in your guild? At best, you have anecdotal evidence that some people are okay with not having access to LS1, but that says nothing about overall playerbase percentages. Given that they just announced they're putting serious effort into trying to recreate LS1 (and make it free for everyone), I'd say they're betting on this appealing to a lot of people, but that's very far from guaranteeing that my opinions are facts.

As for OP's wishlist, seems they're going to focus on at least some of that stuff per the announcement today. Polish is important for an aging game, so I'm firmly in the camp of 'God, finally' and 'I hope it's good; I'll believe it when I see it'. You can also put me down for 'Yass, maintenance on dungeons and fractals' even though ArenaNet is trying other instanced content like strikes and encapsulated metas (Marionette, Dragonstorm). They may not be making new 5-man content currently, but it isn't as though that stuff stopped existing or the players enjoying it evaporated.

Curate what you have even if you continue adding more, that's my take.

First of all over the years some people equals hundreds, but yes it's annecdotal.

HOWEVER,  you're the one that made a sweeping generalization. You said anyone that came after 2013 is having terrible experience because they've missed season 1. It's factually untrue.  If I find a single person that doesn't have a problem, what you said is factually untrue.  And of course, I know more than a single person. It's not annecdotal to them, for sure, since its their feelings.  I'd be able to play it and even though I'd wish I could play it it wouldn't particularly ruin the game for me. That's not annecdotal either.  

When you make sweeping statements and state them as fact, you shouldn't be surprised when people call you on it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

A really ambitious and long term(woud be heavier to implement) was a integration of all instanced modes, with proper currencies(and economy) adjustements, challenge progression.. so theres no more Strikes, Fractals, Dungeons, Raids. They all become a one thing, with the proper level/challenge options. Ofc would be a colossal work.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

This is the problem with your thought process right here. You're going to talk for all new players.

I think the people who play an MMO for the story ( as opposed to a single player game) is smaller than you think it is. It's not a horrendous experience for ANYONE who started playing after 2013. It's a horrrendous experience for you and players like you.  And when did Anet acknowledge anything for the sort.

I run a pretty decent size guild that's very good at self-filtering (it's not for everyone for sure) so I see a good number of new players every month and have for years. Do you know the number of people who I've talked to that have expressed this as a problem to me.  I couldn't count them on one hand. I tell them it's not in the game but they can watch a video and they mostly say okay cool. Because they're not playing for the story, and there's a ton of stuff for them to do.

I'm not saying no one is bothered by this, but I guarantee you it's a smaller percentage than you think it is, and it's absolutely  not anyone who started playing after 2013, because I have a guild full of people who started playing after 2013 and many of them have been playing for many years with me.

I'm sure if I asked them they'd love to play it, but most they just don't think about it and some don't care at all.

"a large percentage," does not equal, "all," in the context used.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Einlanzer.1627 said:

I love how ironic this post became just a few hours later, and it reveals the lack of objectivity or criticality in your opinions. Just because you were there and experienced LW1 doesn't mean that its lack of availability in the game today is somehow a neutral or positive that doesn't need to be addressed.

I missed LW1.  Certainly don't feel that I've lost out on anything.

Not sure how this is supposed to impact my objectivity.

For me, EoD and now the LW1 announcement show backward thinking and a lack of originality.  It's as if the team can't come up with a new, original story so they will simply re-hash old stuff for nostalgia and call it a success.  Maybe, financially, it is but I don't see such a path as being highly sustainable in any long run.

• Confused 5

9 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

For me, EoD and now the LW1 announcement show backward thinking and a lack of originality.  It's as if the team can't come up with a new, original story so they will simply re-hash old stuff for nostalgia and call it a success.  Maybe, financially, it is but I don't see such a path as being highly sustainable in any long run.

Nah buddy. They're intending to launch on Steam, the world's largest gaming marketplace. Not having Living Story 1 as payable content would be a huge miss step, leaving all the new Steam players wondering who the hell the cast of Dragon's Watch are over the following 3 expansions and 4 living story seasons.

There's no grey zone there. That's objectively a bad experience and it's been a pain point for the last 8 years.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

It should be painfully obvious that "nostalgia" is not the motivation, and that instead it's about restoring the full story for the benefit of new players or players who actually think deeply enough about immersion (not just story) to have an unfragmented narrative experience within the game. 

No idea why you don't feel like you lost out on anything, but you objectively did; that's the problem and that's why they're thankfully finally addressing it. Not really helping your case with these kinds of posts. 

Edited by Einlanzer.1627
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Preset builds and notifications to recommend gear stats. I'd rather they bake a lot of the damage into weapons and make gear stats and traits like 30% but at the very least give new players or those who are unaware some in game resource to play "optimally". How the heck is someone supposed to know how proper builds and dps, rotations etc work when there's literally nothing in game to help them. Put anything in, some direction.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Mispost

Edited by Vayne.8563

12 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Yes. But this time their proposed plan actually would push the game in the right direction.

Yes, i heard those statements before too. And yet here we are.

(and that's even without thinking about the fact that the community is never going to agree on what the "right direction" should be, so even if for the first time in history that statement were to be fulfilled, you can be practically sure that the "right direction" the game would go into would not be yours)

9 hours ago, Einlanzer.1627 said:

It should be painfully obvious that "nostalgia" is not the motivation, and that instead it's about restoring the full story for the benefit of new players or players who actually think deeply enough about immersion (not just story) to have an unfragmented narrative experience within the game. 

No idea why you don't feel like you lost out on anything, but you objectively did; that's the problem and that's why they're thankfully finally addressing it. Not really helping your case with these kinds of posts. 

Not trying to make any case.  I just don't see the need for it.  I was able to proceed through the game without LW1.  Apparently, thousands of other players have been able to do so, too.  My preference is for newer content, not re-hash of older content.

• Confused 2