Bladesworn And Mechanist Sustain Is Overperforming, Please Tune It Down

Heisen.2315

2 hours ago, Revalent.4205 said:

So today I first played against bladesworn, with my power mirage (arena, berserk)

Caught him in stun, managed to do all burst I can, left him 20%. Then he just goes block, heals full hp and KILLS me with 3 shots, first shot goes in my only dodge, other 2 crits ( 8+5k) delivered in a small window before my f4.

met him 3 more times in same game 1x1. This kitten is just impossible for Pmesmer . No chances, no way. 
Need 2 NOT overturned professions to catch and kill Bladesworn. Meanwhile it just gives 10k crits, with 1 ability, and has mega sustain.

You play power mirage in ranked and complain of losing 1vs1?

You are dueling a solid 1vs1 spec with a +1 roamer which is not even viable because the carrion variant is the best meta you can play on mesmer.

It's like I play core ele and complain how untamed is stronger. 

Or you play shiro herald and 1vs1 a core valk ranger on point, it's stupid to do and doesn't show anything.

• Thanks 1

I can see the justification behind nerfing Mechanist's sustain. I'd rather they didn't for obvious reasons, but w/e. 

Bladesworn tho. Seriously? Even if it was OP (it isn't). They had to put up with everyone else's BS for 2 years. Let them have this for a while. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, myun.6395 said:

You play power mirage in ranked and complain of losing 1vs1?

You are dueling a solid 1vs1 spec with a +1 roamer which is not even viable because the carrion variant is the best meta you can play on mesmer.

It's like I play core ele and complain how untamed is stronger. 

Or you play shiro herald and 1vs1 a core valk ranger on point, it's stupid to do and doesn't show anything.

Nah, Bladesworn should indeed be stronger 1v1 than power Mirage, that makes sense, but the problem is that it is neigh unwinnable, regardless what you do, due to the extreme sustain. Winning vs d/d celestial Elementalist in core days, or core Ranger now, is very possible if you outplay them, but winning vs bladesworn is basically impossible. This is also the problem with Mechanist (you cannot really win by outplaying them, unlike Holosmith). Same thing if you play Spellbreaker, you cannot even touch Bladesworn.

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741

6 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

You can't kill it with burst in a 1v1. You need sustained damage output.

For example, I have a good condi druid build that I"ve been using in ATs against Vaans.

It actually has enough DPS output to keep him off the node and if he were to screw around enough, it would kill him.

People just need to understand how to deal with Bladesworn.

It really isn't as OP as people are making it out to be.

Big reasons why you didn't see any in Teapot's tournament outside of Vaans.

Same thing with core necro, I can’t kill it with burst 1x1. And it’s normal, but core necro also doesn’t kill me with 2 skills.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Revalent.4205 said:

Same thing with core necro, I can’t kill it with burst 1x1. And it’s normal, but core necro also doesn’t kill me with 2 skills.

That's because it's condi based and armor doesn't apply.

Of course you're going to get killed in 2 skills if you're on the node vs. Bladesworn as a DP Daredevil. Same thing would happen if you were against Spellbreaker or Holo or anything else power based.

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Nah, Bladesworn should indeed be stronger 1v1 than power Mirage, that makes sense, but the problem is that it is neigh unwinnable, regardless what you do, due to the extreme sustain. Winning vs d/d celestial Elementalist in core days, or core Ranger now, is very possible if you outplay them, but winning vs bladesworn is basically impossible. This is also the problem with Mechanist (you cannot really win by outplaying them, unlike Holosmith). Same thing if you play Spellbreaker, you cannot even touch Bladesworn.

Immob and condi burst shut down bladesworn so easily, immob is pretty much gg for the bladesworn, they have ammo elite, true, but shake it off was hard nerfed already in the past, if more nerfs will happen, warrior disappear again, now it's not even meta, it's just viable. A core necro or ranger do bladesworn job 10 times better at least.

Defense traitline it's garbage bc of all the 5 mins traits, strenght is mandatory for damage and what's left on sustain in MMR, arms is a meme traitline for niche oneshot 100% crits builds, and disciplice doesn't bring anything useful for bladesworn.

You will be forced to play defense/strenght, and hope to survive.

On 3/24/2022 at 11:08 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Bladesworn needs the sustain.

Leave it alone.

I really hope anet doesn't listen to this gold 1 talk going on in this forum lately.

He runs around in full zerker and doesn't die unless he gets killed in 3 seconds. He has so much disengage and sustain it's crazy, he isn't even taking every sustain trait, either!

When I get to gold3, I start getting matched against rank1 duo's. Gold is the new plat.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

He runs around in full zerker and doesn't die unless he gets killed in 3 seconds. He has so much disengage and sustain it's crazy, he isn't even taking every sustain trait, either!

When I get to gold3, I start getting matched against rank1 duo's. Gold is the new plat.

I’ve run around in full zerker forever in WvW on every warrior spec. I would not however compare my experience roaming to spvp.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

You can't compare wvw to pvp.

In wvw, literally every class/build in the game can stat itself to be nigh invulnerable unless it gets caught by a zerg roll.

Also, Vallun is actually a good player, one that I've never caught cheating. Don't take that lightly coming from me.

It's not unusual for p2+ level players to juggernaut roam in wvw, because 90% of the wvw roamers are like low gold/silver.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I made a post on March 19 about ways to counter Bladesworn:

"Unlike fire weaver, the Bladesworn can also be useful in team fights. I only started playing again a few days ago and this spec has a bit of a learning curve, which is good. 

The best way to counter is to deny its self healing with poison - condi ranger works well for its kiting and poison application. Im sure there are more counters to it that I haven't tried yet. With fire weaver, it's 50-50. Apply enough condi to force to use shake it off twice then you have about a minute to down. "

The ranger is also good because while you are slowly applying attrition, the right pet can deliver DPS. Bladesworn is not invincible. The mechanist is a pain but I've found ways to counter it. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Hi. That's WvW. 

TY

• Confused 1

So expect nerfs to warriors anyway because there will be some weirdo with a spaghetti core build will cry about how a warrior beat them.

Conspiracy time! 

what if these guys are endorsed by companies so they bombard nerf this - that in the forums, just to justify anet's nerfs to cores so they can sell their expansions?

jk these things never ever happen.

Edited by artharon.9276
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, artharon.9276 said:

So expect nerfs to warriors anyway because there will be some weirdo with a spaghetti core build will cry about how a warrior beat them.

Conspiracy time! 

what if these guys are endorsed by companies so they bombard nerf this - that in the forums, just to justify anet's nerfs to cores so they can sell their expansions?

jk these things never ever happen.

If they do nerf, I hope it's not as draconian as they did with Vindicator. Hoping they don't nerf. I really miss playing warrior. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It's not unusual for p2+ level players to juggernaut roam in wvw, because 90% of the wvw roamers are like low gold/silver.

This is true but mileage varies from class and build.  I know i've popped into one of Vallun's streams before, some months back, the last time he played roamer STR Spb, there was some struggle roams and duels lost at the duel spot enough to say he's just a free kill there. Give a good player a good spec with respectable damage and sustain(or in anycase a actual functioning roaming build) and they'll definitely perform exceedingly well against the average WvW roamer.

13 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

12 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

There are so few players playing PvP at all, it is silly to make sweeping generalizations about silver/gold/plat skill levels.

Look. Here is the cutoff between platinum and gold: https://i.imgur.com/9B2XmSP.jpg Everyone below this is gold right now.

160 players above gold. Total. Population is that low. Also, that gets divided across at least 3 main time zones.

• Thanks 2

Bladesworn is about high damaging skills that are unblockable, stun, ignore blind, face target and can be associated with a small-range port; with a charging that gives stability.
It's sad that Anet had to cheese it that way to compensate for the design flaws. 

3 minutes ago, aelska.4609 said:

It's sad that Anet had to cheese it that way to compensate for the design flaws. 

*Points aggressively at the bold*

The punchline is that even with: 

high damaging skills that are unblockable, stun, ignore blind, face target and can be associated with a small-range port; with a charging that gives stability.

The drawbacks for those skills are so pungent that the spec doesn't even remain viable unless you carry it with shout spam (which, lets face it, will prob be nerfed given how balance patches have gone in the past.) 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261