ArenaNet Studio Update: The future of Guild Wars 2

51 minutes ago, Debesyla.7102 said:

For your information, the automated game system blocks your IP after even a ~10 different account logins from the same IP. And that's not even counting the fact that, jesus, who would even bother with so many accounts. You can even go around and ask people - how many accounts do they have? Go on, ask your guild friends in game. You will be surprised that nearly all players have only 1 account. Your math just don't work out...

oi,

1. i didnt do any math in my post.

2. It is a fact that multi accounting between 50-200 accounts is more popular than you think.

3. Where is your information from that the system blocks any? Did you multi account yourself? I dont think anet checks any login IP as there might be families with several accounts in the family, what doesnt make multiaccounting less tolerable.

• Like 3
  • Confused 9

Thanks for communicating with us and giving us a road map for what’s to come. Would’ve rather the profession update come 2nd on the list instead of all the way in June; as you did state that’s a high priority but I guess not that high. I’m curious to see how much will be changed in the update and if EVERYTHING from core to all elite specs will be closely looked at and our feedback taken into consideration as well…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, SOLITWOLF.7514 said:

old asset reuse, late balance patch, 4th expac tease when 3rd just being released. not a good sign, not a good sign at all.

hmm i have the complete opposite opinion

cant wait to play lws1

(balance patch im skeptical about given anet's track record. new expansion im neutral on cuz too much can happen and derail/delay that)

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, mythical.6315 said:

Active players doesn’t mean brand new players. People stop playing and come back all the time. We also do not know what their definition of active players is. 

I don’t want to drag this out further as I was just voicing my disappointment that we won’t be getting new content until much later in the year. 

New content is brand new content to the game. It’s not content that’s new to a portion of the players just like how the Return to Living World all last year was not new content. Some of it certainly may have been new to a portion of players but it wasn’t new to the game. Recycling the LS1 content into episodes isn’t new content and neither is adding CMs which someone else brought up. 

I am almost certain that the 'new' Living World Season One won't be the exact same content we saw all those years ago.  Doubt we will be repairing road signs, etc. 

Regardless, if it doesn't suit one's fancy, I'm positive one will not be forced to engage in it.  Though, there might be some coveted reward offered.  :classic_smile:

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

This announcement makes me a little melancholy. In different circumstances it would have been exciting for me.

On one hand, LW1 returning is something I never thought would happen, and I look forward to replaying it as my kids experience it for the first time. WvW focus has potential.

It's hard to be excited about the idea of another expansion down the road when the one we just got steered away from our kind of players. At this point, if EoD is being taken as a smashing success by ArenaNet, I expect more open world features to be locked behind strikes next time around.

I hope the new Cantha LW zone will be more Jade Sea. It'd be nice to have a Jade Sea zone that isn't a complete war zone geared entirely toward a massive meta event. It felt like the environment potential was eclipsed by the zones purpose. If they could take us around the island some where there is more Jade Sea, but no Void invasion that would be nice. Maybe some wide open jade waves where we could roller beetle along, bouncing into the air as we crest each one.

• Like 12
  • Confused 5

12 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I am almost certain that the 'new' Living World Season One won't be the exact same content we saw all those years ago.  Doubt we will be repairing road signs, etc. 

Regardless, if it doesn't suit one's fancy, I'm positive one will not be forced to engage in it.  Though, there might be some coveted reward offered.  :classic_smile:

It’s still content which was previously in the game so it isn’t new. Whether some of it doesn’t end up in the repackaged version doesn’t really matter. If you consider LS6 and the repackaged LS1 to be the same as far as “new” goes then I don’t know what else there is to say. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

Active players doesn’t mean brand new players. People stop playing and come back all the time. We also do not know what their definition of active players is. 

I don’t want to drag this out further as I was just voicing my disappointment that we won’t be getting new content until much later in the year. 

New content is brand new content to the game. It’s not content that’s new to a portion of the players just like how the Return to Living World all last year was not new content. Some of it certainly may have been new to a portion of players but it wasn’t new to the game. Recycling the LS1 content into episodes isn’t new content and neither is adding CMs which someone else brought up. 

ArenaNet's definition of active player:  https://www.pcgamer.com/guild-wars-2s-number-of-active-players-has-more-than-doubled-in-the-last-3-years/

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, mythical.6315 said:

It’s still content which was previously in the game so it isn’t new. Whether some of it doesn’t end up in the repackaged version doesn’t really matter. If you consider LS6 and the repackaged LS1 to be the same as far as “new” goes then I don’t know what else there is to say. 

But I never got to Play LS1. So will be new to me 😃

• Like 10
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

Pretty sure the Strike Mission wasn't previously in the game...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

And all those players with multiple accounts. Wasn’t there one player on Reddit boasting about having over 100 accounts last year?  None of that differentiates between them being and old player or a new one. Well I guess they’d all be considered new players if you use the same reasoning as for what is considered new content. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 12

49 minutes ago, SOLITWOLF.7514 said:

old asset reuse, late balance patch, 4th expac tease when 3rd just being released. not a good sign, not a good sign at all.

lol Leave it up to haters to take a good game report and turn it into a 'not good sign at all'. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

And all those players with multiple accounts. Wasn’t there one player on Reddit boasting about having over 100 accounts last year?  None of that differentiates between them being and old player or a new one. Well I guess they’d all be considered new players if you use the same reasoning as for what is considered new content. 

Do you seriously think those represents the majority of players?

Like most of the veteran players I know maybe have two accounts, but they've had it for a while, it takes significant effort to build up an account from scratch, yet alone that many.
It's the exception, not the norm.

30 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

It's hard to be excited about the idea of another expansion down the road when the one we just got steered away from our kind of players. At this point, if EoD is being taken as a smashing success by ArenaNet, I expect more open world features to be locked behind strikes next time around.

It's just that for once "your kind of player" didn't get 100% of the content, really. There's still a ton to do.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Great goals, especially finally reimplementing LW1 which I think is way beyond overdue. A few things I think are needed more than LW stuff that were not addressed:

- a new borderlands map to replace one of the two Alpine just for some long overdue new variety

- Consolidation and expansion on the design & implementation of instanced content across the board. First, dungeons were abandoned, then FotM saw decline, now raids have all but been abandonded and we have a hyper-focus on strike missions.  All of these things are conceptually the same and they need to be bridged while getting better maintenence and more frequent releases. A few of the Fractals need to be reimplemented as full dungeons through LW.

- Weapon types are becoming too restrictive & stale, and it's clearly pigeonholing the design of elite specs. I think it's past time we got a few new options. Even two or three would make a huge difference, and they don't need to launch with a full catalogue of skins. That can grow organically.

Edited by Einlanzer.1627
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Deihnyx.6318 said:

It's just that for once "your kind of player" didn't get 100% of the content, really. There's still a ton to do.

There's stuff to do. And I'm glad they made strike missions for people who like them. I hope they'll make more raids for the people who like raids.

I definitely don't expect the game to be 100% about my family's tastes. But this is the first time we've felt that ArenaNet really wants to pressure all players into strikes.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

I am so excited! 😍 People in voice chat had to endure a bit of squeaking. 😆

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the Return of LWS1, and everything else.

P.S. Please tone down the tech presence in the rest of Cantha in the upcoming contents. Please.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

Exciting news! And lots of news also. Great communication Anet! 

I see a lot of people here arguing about living season 1. 

I for one am glad because i was still doing the core story at that point. So i missed a few parts of Season 1 which i gladly want to replay. 

A question though: what will happen with the vision of the past, Marionette and other ls1 parts that are already ingame? 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Exciting news! And lots of news also. Great communication Anet! 

I see a lot of people here arguing about living season 1. 

I for one am glad because i was still doing the core story at that point. So i missed a few parts of Season 1 which i gladly want to replay. 

A question though: what will happen with the vision of the past, Marionette and other ls1 parts that are already ingame? 

The Scrying Pool content will be moved to the Story Journal (and removed from the Scrying Pool).  No idea about the Marionette; I'd guess it will stay where it is, but perhaps pointed to from the Story Journal.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2