ArenaNet Studio Update: The future of Guild Wars 2

Nice job on the communication. Really well done and well-timed IMHO. I don't necessarily agree with the specifics, but there are lots of missing details and it is probably too early to judge.

Nicely done with the roadmap and thank you for confirming the long term plans for the game.

Two thumbs up!

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

So no new content likely until the last part of the year?

Just for clarification, I’m not against anything they’ve mentioned in their blog. I’m just disappointed that we won’t get new content until much later in the year. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 17
  • Sad 2

On one hand, yay! I love this game, and I'm glad to see it go on. WHOOOOOOO YAY for Season One returning!!!!

On the other hand, considering that you've deleted all negative feedback (on these forums at least) about the dialogue/story in EoD, that doesn't give me a lot of hope for future stories. Please take this to heart, ArenaNet: the people giving you this negative feedback don't want the game to fail, nor do they hate the game - or you. They just want a story that doesn't shove modern politics (from EITHER side of the spectrum!) in their faces, dragging them right out of the beautifully constructed fantasy world and back into the annoying drudgery of real life. Please, please throttle back on it. If you're truly reading feedback, please listen to it.

...and maybe continue to listen to feedback like "please give us a way to turn down/off visual effects" like people have been begging for years? 😅

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 16

These posts with news, roadmaps and information are very good! I played a little last year but this year GW2 has become my favorite MMO and has everything to stay that way for a long time, you guys did a great job with EoD!

I still dream of replacing an Alpine Borderlands with a Cantha based map. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Debesyla.7102 said:

Dude. The last date in published timeline is middle of June. By what standarts is that "last part of the year"? 😄 

Also CM's. Read the blog post, lol. 

I did read it. They’ve started working on the new content but that new content has had a 9-month lead time in the past. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

I'm very excited for this! 

These are huge updates and I'm happy Amy and Josh are communicating this future contents early while the EOD hype is still on. 

LW1 was amazing and my friends can now experience it!

💥🤗💥

Edited by DragonSlayer.1087
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Season 1 coming back is amazing news! I played most of it (at least a bit of each release) but it was so long ago I'm sure I've forgotten a lot and because each release was only available for a short time and I'm often away from home my experience with it was often very rushed. More than once I had just a couple of days to get through a release and had to pick the most important bits to see and forget about everything else, so actually getting to take my time going through it will be a new experience.

I'm going to look forward to finally getting to take a character through the whole story for the first time since my main character (who did each release as it came out and just finished EoD yesterday).

I was also very happy to see this: "Second, it’s important that our plans allow our team to maintain a healthy work/life balance. We’ve always believed that our top priority is the health and well-being of our employees, and we’re more committed to that now than ever." There's been a lot of discussion recently in the media and on Twitter about working conditions in the game's industry and the negative impact it can have on both employees and games. I know I'm not the only one who has been concerned about that as a player, wanting to make sure I'm supporting companies that value their staff but at times wondering if that's actually possible because it seems so widespread, so it's very nice to hear that one of my favourite games is being made by a company that does take this seriously.

Also the active player count doubling in the last few years and EoD out-selling PoF is amazing news! I kind-of knew there were a lot of new players around, because a lot of people will mention it, but I didn't realise there were that many. For a game that's nearly 10 years old that's very impressive!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Glad for everyone else that are excited for S1, on my end I'm extremely concerned.

- WvW is not looking good.

- Having the Breachmaker (very easy assumed) will be a Strike Mission with such toxicity in the LFG (META BUILDS REQS) it won't be worth it.

- Expansion 4 Announcement or even the Project itself, is simply TOO EARLY, End of Dragons is still a massive Mess.

- Some limited people still awaiting some features you have been promoting as working on "Colorblind friendly options" for the last 2 years.
------------------
You keep focusing purely on creating, but you end up leaving everything that is broken behind without trying to repair them.
That is the message that your communication has proven the last few years. You can do better than that.

There is a lot of Bugs and Quality of Life options that should have been implemented since even Heart of Thorns that are still missing.
-------------------
Honestly, you think this is going to be the best years for the studio,
I don't know what kind of things you are taking but this is literally concerning.

I know on my end I'll be waiting for you to prove me you can still salvage because after End of Dragons I'm not super enticed about pre-ordering the next expansion, nor promoting this game.
-------------------
I already know a lot of people will ratio me out. (And do your worst, I don't care)
But I'll be the voice of the other side of that coin, that needs to remind you that there is a lot of things broken that you cannot even see because you are too pride for getting that "HYPE" movement going, and that's not good.

Edited by KurokouNekoki.7891
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 19
  • Sad 2