VOID infusion: drop or craft?

VOID infusion: drop or craft?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like the VOID infusion to be obtained?

• Make the VOID infusion obtainable thru EoD meta materials, maybe with a Mystic Forge receipe. Make it non-exploitable and effort-taking.
    • Keep VOID infusion as a rare rng drop like most of infusions are.
    • Other preferences? (pls add a comment)

There are plenty of costly infusions hidden behind rng drop rates. They sometimes are even sold outside the game TP, costing 10k gold.
Personally, i really apreciated the Otter one, or the SAB ones, who are grindy but still obtainable with some effort.
I just want to see what you guys think about it.

Edited by kurosy.1384
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Well, to start, infusions should work better. The cosmetic portion of them should be divorced from the item they're housed in, like skins are when they get added to your wardrobe. Infusions are already such a buttache to get that people should be getting more convenience and use out of them when they go through the trouble of getting one.

As for ways of getting them, I think RNG loot is fine, but there should also be another, less random way (perhaps token-based; token gets awarded per completion of x content that eventually lets you buy the infusion outright if RNG doesn't favor you first) that grants you an account-bound version of the infusion. This way people can still sell their RNG drops at a profit to those who don't enjoy the content or, if they prefer, they can gradually hack away at their goal without flooding the market with an influx of infusions once they reach it.

Both methods would ensure that some people would continue engaging with the related content and that buying an infusion for gold would also be an option for those who prefer not to.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

As for ways of getting them, I think RNG loot is fine, but there should also be another, less random way (perhaps token-based; token gets awarded per completion of x content that eventually lets you buy the infusion outright if RNG doesn't favor you first) that grants you an account-bound version of the infusion. This way people can still sell their RNG drops at a profit to those who don't enjoy the content or, if they prefer, they can gradually hack away at their goal without flooding the market with an influx of infusions once they reach it.

Both methods would ensure that some people would continue engaging with the related content and that buying an infusion for gold would also be an option for those who prefer not to.

Tbh this would be the best solution for me as well

• Like 7

Soo Wonn Meta drop only. No crafting. 

I want to farm and grind void infusion and means im work hard to obtain something i want rather be spoon feeded by game developer.

If you dont want to farm and grind that means you are very lazy player i am sorry but its the truth and it hurt feelings. Truth do not care about your feelings.

Plus i cannot wait to farm and get void infusion and make everyone jealous 🤭

It is time to grind 😤

• Haha 3
  • Confused 23
  • Sad 1

I would have gone with a Drizzlewood Coast like system.
Based on the overall level of readiness and player contribution players would get rewards every 5 minutes. Chests would have a set items they drop and then an extra random drop from a table. This would give 3 Tiers of chests that have higher chance to drop rarer items the higher your participation is.

EoD weapons, armor pieces(EXOTIC, not Rare), Ambergis, even Exotic/Ascended Filets as the random possible drops, chuck in some less fancy EoD related Infusion(like a Jade Infusion) and you could end up with a map that draws many people.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Rendalmj.3152 said:

I want to farm and grind void infusion and means im work hard to obtain something i want rather be spoon feeded by game developer.

If you dont want to farm and grind that means you are very lazy player i am sorry but its the truth and it hurt feelings. Truth do not care about your feelings.

It is time to grind 😤

Wait, didn't you just write the exact same thing on the other post? XD
Did you consider you could grind 1000 metas and never get the drop? The real truth is that you could farm and grind it 1000 times and get no drop while i could potentially do it 10 times and make you jealous 😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

If you want it to keep value but offer an alternative acquisition method you would need to tie it to writ of Dragon's end (accountbound) and Antique Summoning Stones.

Maybe something akin to :
* Gift of Jade Mastery + 250  Amalgamated Draconic Lodestone + 250 Memory of Aurene + 250 Writ of Dragon's End
* 5 Gift of the Dragon Empire + 250 Mystic Runestone + 50 Antique Summoning Stone + 250 Writ of Dragon's End
* 250 Transcendent Crystal + 250  Antique Summoning Stone + 250 Memory of Aurene + 250 Writ of Dragon's End

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

A reward that I have to spend my time and resources to craft after I have already done the content to get a recipe is not a reward.

"Your reward for working to get this thing is being told to work to get a different thing."

Not talking about EoD meta reward per se (which needs some serious buff). Also, anet infusion droprates are not technically rewards as well :c

2 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Frost legion infusion is the gold standard of infusion acquisition. Possible rare rng drop, but could be crafted if you want a non rng pathway.

Geez i didn't even know Frost Legion was craftable o.O
Well yeah, something like that would be great. I hope Anet will go that direction

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Rendalmj.3152 said:

It is time to grind 😤

You know, things can be craftable AND a grind at the same time, right?  It just means that every day you can make progress instead of just having to pray you get lucky on a .0000000000001% drop chance.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

You know, things can be craftable AND a grind at the same time, right?  It just means that every day you can make progress instead of just having to pray you get lucky on a .0000000000001% drop chance.

I SAID NO CRAFTING 😡😡😡

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

The way people carry on you would think crafting is hard in this game.

For the confused on the last post i meant this :

It looks blue when you equip it, and no i don't want it fixed i lived with it.

Cor do i need to explain everything? humph.

lol @mr confused.

Edited by Dami.5046
  • Confused 1

I wish they would make all infusions earnable, like winter presence and stuff. Make it expensive like a Legy, with a few more difficult things. But make it realistically earnable without having to farm for months to buy an infusion outside of GW2 and still have the risk of being scammed or banned by Anet....

• Thanks 2

I'm getting tired of 0.00099% drop rates on infusions. They really aren't a reward when so few players will get them and the vast majority that have them will just buy them off the trading post. At that point I'd rather them just be cheap gemstore items. 

Also don't want another Drizzlewood meta infusion where you have to collect 20399203023092309 certain shards or whatever to create it. Maybe it already is but I hope the combat tonic can drop from the meta as well. 

They go and add neat cosmetic rewards in-game but then make them either grindy or impossibly low drop rates. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Rendalmj.3152 said:

😄

I think you misunderstood the OP completely. They suggested means of effort compareable to the SAB or Otter infusions. There is a lot of effort involved for the two SAB infusions (96 Tribulation Mode runs aren't a walk in the park) and a more casual effort with the Otter infusion (for which you needed to grind the map meta as well).

None of them involves being lazy and buying those infusions off the Trading Post.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2