mobility creep

felix.2386

is mobility creep fun, i feel like mobility creep is killing ranked  

50 members have voted

1. 1. is mobility creep fun, i feel like mobility creep is killing ranked

• yes it's awesome, 80% of the builds played in ranked can fly across the map in no time, its so fun!
    • lol,no

like when i tried to play some power burst gs/rifle berserker for fun, before it's manageable. Now it's like 4/5 of the enemy team can instantly jump you no matter where you are.

like a lot of other fun builds which require you to do certain positioning... Now it's like it doesnt matter...like back in the day power staff ele can be manageable, you can place walls and chills, because people had to walk to chase you..now it's like boom..3 people instantly in your face and you are died.

is mobility creep fun? i feel like it's killing a lot of the fun in just normal games.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

it just shows how bad thief's mobility were, by giving it to more classes. now people see clearer.

it was manageable with just thief tho.

hopefully ranked doesnt become clownfest where everybody just flying all over the place. with all the willbender, thief, revs even mech, ranger with 20 second port and necro with wurm and spec walk are zapping around compared to the specs with lesser mobility.

funny how at first i thought bladesworn mobility was ridiculous with the bug that half the dash dragon trigger CD..yet still get chased down by like 2-3 people..

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 1

The speed it takes to run from one objective to the other is a core principle of design for each map. When you have classes that can teleport threw space and time, you remove that equal footing that all toons must, well should observe. 

Engi and ranger did not need a telepoet. Each have access to plenty of swiftness,  superspeed and leaps. I really do not like any eod design for pvp.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Gw2 competitive is dead to me, i have lost all the fun i had during GW1 and the beginning of GW2 in the past years and i think any achievement mate in those game modes is useless, because it has become quite easy to abuse all those busted combos and mechanics and ANet is doing nothing to fix any of the mountain of problems.

23 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

A-net: You'll get some powercreep! You also get some powercreep! And the guy behind guy also will get some powercreep! Everyone will get powercreep!

also Arenanet: "You only get Shoutcreep. But we nerf something else really hard in exchange."

Edited by Fueki.4753

Rifle warrior has never been good and thats because of thief. The only thing mobility did was keep thief in check. Its not odd that you rarely see thief now that its not gg ez. I do think thief needs buffs still, but giving untamed and mech a port is hardly mobility creep. Willbender is probably the only drastic change and even that gets countered by any support on the enemy team.

On 4/16/2022 at 10:56 PM, Kozumi.5816 said:

Mobility creep is why WvW is unplayable.

WvW is playable, but some builds are unkillable mostly due ANet removed 1/3 of the damage two years ago. Low damage + buffed defensive stats + disengaging tools = some builds can't be bursted 1 vs 1.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Mobility creep sounds like one of those made up forum words that got us to where we are now.

For that reason I must vote lolno.

"Mobility creep" Makes me think about the one-legged Vindicator.

By the way, is fun to have mobility in PvE since every new foe in OW seems to spam chill, cripple or other soft ccs. No wonder most OW players love ranged combat...

• Like 2

I dont think that mobilitycreep is all that much of a problem.

What really annoys me personally is, that almost every class has a teleport, that can be used while CCed. I really loved to play my Freshairele. But since everyone has teleports that can be used while they are CCed, it is near impossile to do the Dragontooth combo. You CC someone for 4 seconds and line up your burst, but right before it hits.... BLINK!

you shouldnt be able to teleport while CCed, unless the Teleport is a stunbreak.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1