10th Birthday is soon - can we get a special title to honor & highlight a full decade?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 3:06 PM, GuriGashi.5617 said:

I am talking about the usual titles we get with our birthdays like Long-Term Commitment. I believe playing & supporting the game for 10 years should also also be rewarded with something special - how about a title similar to the Extra Life one just with the typical red Guild Wars 2 color instead of blue. I personally would very much appreciate it, it would indicate who was a day 1 supporter and it would be something to work towards for newer players by keep playing the game. The special enrichment we got for our 9th present was awesome, I hope we can follow up with something just as great for the 10th one

But why? All it indicates is that you played the game at launch...

The same as someone who played the game at launch for a week or so, came back for a month 6 years later and whose friend talked them into logging back in and playing some more for the 10th anniversary!

It says nothing of how much you've actually played or "supported" the game and it'd be a huge point of contention if they were to do it by hours played.

And as for something for new players to work towards... you really think GW2 will still be going in another 10 years? I love the game but let's be realistic!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

While I hope that the 10th gift will have something nice, how about they change the fact that player age is apparently decided by CHARACTER age and not account age? It's such a slap in the face for unsuspecting people who have deleted their oldest characters.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Honestly for a 10th birthday gift they should give players a Legendary Dragon mount that can be changed throughout each of the elder dragon variants. At the same time give it the ability to swim and dive like the skimmer, while being able to fly permanently and ascend like the skyscale and dive like the griffon to gain a speed boost. It could even perhaps be stylized after the salt spray Dragons. Granted with how birthday items have been through these years very few had any actual use or significance. And if people complain about it being locked behind 10 years, give a  collection to accomplish it including completing the entire guildwars2 story along with unlocking each of the mounts ontop of unlocking the skyscale. From there add intense collections tied to defeating world bosses through each of the maps and doing fractals or world versus world or pvp or raids to gain items for the collections that can be earned in either of the game modes through currency of some sort perhaps. Not going to lie after 10 years I could care less about getting a dye lol. Rather just get Hammer damage back on world versus world warrior in the next balance patch😂

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

22 hours ago, Aselia.1325 said:

While I hope that the 10th gift will have something nice, how about they change the fact that player age is apparently decided by CHARACTER age and not account age? It's such a slap in the face for unsuspecting people who have deleted their oldest characters.

Player age is in no way determined by character age....and, "slap in the face," is a ludicrous accusation.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Those arguing that having created their account and characters in 2012 represents supporting the game more should be suggesting that quality of birthday presents be based on how much a given player has spent on the game. Someone who started playing five years after you, but who has spent twice as much on the game, has supported the game more than you have.

And I say this as someone who has been here from the beginning too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 5/14/2022 at 3:52 PM, Thon.3780 said:

• X 5000 Karma ( want to change - 10th year people should have plenty Karma now)
  •  
  •  

Every people who played for half a year and stopped just after launch will have 10 year birthdays. The karma might not be very useful to me, but it might be okay for returning players.

Who care about "who spend more money and is more supporting the game " or "i come later but i spend more" or "you was at the beginning but you left" ?

The fact is that arenanet & Guild Wars 2 needed player at launch to work and that theses player was there.
Arena & GW 2 needed player in the middle of his decade  kind of and they was there.
Arena & GW 2 needed player now to continue and we are here.

Some left for somes reasons, some come and some return and all these player make the beautiful store of gw 2 and gw 1.

That's the fact.

I'm one of these player "i was there, i was back and i'm here now"

And we are on this game because we love this game, that's an another fact.

Edited by Valaraukar.7652
  • Like 2

On 7/6/2022 at 2:07 AM, Labjax.2465 said:

And a talking golem backpack that grunts and sighs, and occasionally goes into a rant about how things were back in its day.

On 7/6/2022 at 9:50 AM, Cuddy.6247 said:

Hey now I think my fellblade is precious, don't call it ugly!

On 7/6/2022 at 10:19 AM, squeegee.4320 said:

Glad I am not the only person to use the Fellblade!

Ah, so an old golem backpack that says:

"Back in my day... we used Fellblades with just one hand!"

I like it.

• Haha 2

Has there been any news at all about the anniversary? I mean I know these guys like to go "SURPRISE! HERE'S THE THING!" out of nowhere but seems like there hasn't really been much I could find about it. I'm kind of holding off buying mount skins in case they launch a new set as part of the celebration, likewise with sales of things like bank upgrades etc. 

Maybe a new novelty to celebrate 'know it all, done it all' or maybe "this is my twentieth alt" or whatever for the long time accounts but also I hope they do stuff for everyone, not just the ones who've been in 10years - because the celebration isn't just for those players who've been in since launch but the game itself, so having some stuff for everyone is more fair & will create more good vibes. 

42 minutes ago, Tambaloneus.6290 said:

Has there been any news at all about the anniversary? I mean I know these guys like to go "SURPRISE! HERE'S THE THING!" out of nowhere but seems like there hasn't really been much I could find about it. I'm kind of holding off buying mount skins in case they launch a new set as part of the celebration, likewise with sales of things like bank upgrades etc. 

Maybe a new novelty to celebrate 'know it all, done it all' or maybe "this is my twentieth alt" or whatever for the long time accounts but also I hope they do stuff for everyone, not just the ones who've been in 10years - because the celebration isn't just for those players who've been in since launch but the game itself, so having some stuff for everyone is more fair & will create more good vibes. 

All they've announced so far is that they'll be doing real life events at Gamescom in Germany and Pax West in Seattle, nothing about in-game events or sales or anything like that. But we often get announcements on Tuesdays so it's possible we'll get something later today.

The official launch day was the 28th and the headstart period began on the 25th, and because the game doesn't allow for leap years the oldest characters will get gifts a few days before then, so if they're doing an in-game event it will probably be around then and maybe even run into September.

(I was going to say I hope that's the case because mid-August is very busy for me, but actually so is early September. But that would be a kind of anniversary for me, considering I played the headstart weekend then missed the whole first week because I was away.)

On 5/2/2022 at 5:54 PM, Raizel.8175 said:

I don't really like ANets marketing in general. Their haphazard way of using FOMO and substantial cosmetic rewards in obscure events is simply disappointing. Does anyone remember the clownfiesta with Kung Fu Tea? I never understood why letting people on ebay have fun with RMT by selling game codes for cosmetic items instead of enabling people to play for these items ingame.

Could be worse. At least we didn't get scammed out of a 200 dollar emote by Grubhub.

1 hour ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

You've piqued my curiosity, what's the story behind this emote scam you speak of?

I've heard a couple say FF14 had a grubhub special where if you spent 15$ on grubhub and entered a code, you'd be able to get a pizza eating emote in final fantasy 14. But They ran out of virtual pizza eating codes... in a virtual game that had the event made for them. 

Anyways, while FF14 had a pizza drama, WoW and activision was firing all their QA staff for stocks and then also got Sued by the state of california and still went on developing it as it did anyways.
Last i heard, even the mechanics like griffon flight and dives that they're trying to rip off for the Dracthyr and mounts (The skyscale is a copy of the Wow mount but 50% speed, but can roll, the wow mounts are retroactively adding roll swoops, like a cirle), they're nerfing fun by making the dives slower and less exciting. A big part of other mmorpgs finding success is probably blizzard finding ways to make itself less fun honestly. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/9/2022 at 9:06 PM, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

You've piqued my curiosity, what's the story behind this emote scam you speak of?

On 8/9/2022 at 10:52 PM, Sunchaser.9854 said:

I've heard a couple say FF14 had a grubhub special where if you spent 15$ on grubhub and entered a code, you'd be able to get a pizza eating emote in final fantasy 14. But They ran out of virtual pizza eating codes... in a virtual game that had the event made for them. 

^ Many people payed (more than 15 dollars because of tax/delivery) on Grubhub, which has very limited availability to begin with causing the need for travel+pick-up in many areas or just SOL, and they didn't give the codes right away with purchase and said we'd have to wait a few weeks~ so we wait and wait just to finally be told they're not giving us one. Now it goes for 200 dollars on Ebay.

Edited by Doggie.3184

7 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

^ Many people payed (more than 15 dollars because of tax/delivery) on Grubhub, which has very limited availability to begin with causing the need for travel+pick-up in many areas or just SOL, and they didn't give the codes right away with purchase and said we'd have to wait a few weeks~ so we wait and wait just to finally be told they're not giving us one. Now it goes for 200 dollars on Ebay.

Well.  kitten.

Another reason not to use GrubHub...

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107