Perma quickness in cities/home instances

So I think it would be a nice quality of life change if the Leader of the Pact 3 buffer gave quickness alongside swiftness inside cities, but more specifically the home instance.

Not every class can achieve perma quickness outside of combat and it would make home instance gathering abit better without actually stepping on anyones toes (I don't think any spent alot of gold on a perma quickness build just for their home instance)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

This is why, when i harvest home-instances of friends we mostly go to rata sum. Rata sum is the most comfy and compact one. The human-one is just so confusing and the norn-one is a stair climbing simulator xD. I think the Charr-one is also nice, but rata sum is the best.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

This is why, when i harvest home-instances of friends we mostly go to rata sum. Rata sum is the most comfy and compact one. The human-one is just so confusing and the norn-one is a stair climbing simulator xD. I think the Charr-one is also nice, but rata sum is the best.

I wouldn't really mind if they fixed up the norn and human one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I wouldn't really mind if they fixed up the norn and human one.

Yeah, i really don't understand the differences. It's crazy how scattered everything is with the humans and norn just because the instances in general are bigger.

2 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Yeah, i really don't understand the differences. It's crazy how scattered everything is with the humans and norn just because the instances in general are bigger.

Probably because they had design and flair in mind not farm route optimization. 

Edited by Albi.7250
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

an utterly pointless change that will only affect gathering

The point is to make gathering easier for people who enjoy home instances and don't play firebrand (ie. have access to insta-cast source of quickness that won't disrupt the gathering animation).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Albi.7250 said:

Probably because they had design and flair in mind not farm route optimization. 

I'm not a learned Designer. But the way the human inszance is designed has a claustrophobic vibe for me perspnally. Whats strange, becsuse its spread widely over the instance but the waythe Clusters are placed esspecially in the middle is to much for me. When people like this, okay, each their own. I prefer the asura way, its spread enough that it dosn't feel packed, but everything is close enough that it's looks nice und lively.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think this would be a weird change and it's not really necessary - there are quite a few glyphs you can put in your gathering tools (or even just buy the karma gathering tools) to make your gathering faster.

The quickness would really serve no use other than those looting their home instance, at that point the people that want it should probably just roll a class with quickness, or get different glyphs/tools.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/9/2022 at 8:01 PM, Fuchslein.8639 said:

I use the Charr one as my Charr Engi is my master chef and the Chef workbench you get from that questline grants bank access, and there's a nice circular route to the layout with the only stupidly placed node being Petrified Wood.

Have had the occasional NPC troll me by stand on or next to a node though, preventing immediate access, much like those hilarious players who drop Black Lion Traders next to workbenches.

But yeah, perma-quickness would be nice in cities and home instances.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Not at the cost of additional mats. Maybe when they change it to have a resource and utility slot on gathering tools.

You picked your poison, in that case. The slog is yours to suffer.

• Confused 1

On 5/9/2022 at 4:46 PM, DeanBB.4268 said:

Does warrior with dual wielding still harvest quicker?

Better yet, sell us a "Pact Gardener" that will have everything already gathered and waiting in a big pile when we step into our home.

I'm with you on this one. Any novelty of gathering things around the home instance has definitely worn off over the years of daily home instance gathering. A mastery or even a gem store item that collects all home instance items into one "pile" that could be collected each day would be a very nice thing.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1